This day on March 29
None

Happy Birthday To: SMURDS, JRock71, Cpt Waffle, TexasOiler, Morgan99

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Oilers Take Taylor Hall #1Pages (3): [ «  <  1  2  3]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: I was wondering about this [message #534682 is a reply to message #534676 ]
Tue, 29 June 2010 01:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

No Cups

Awesome. I'm still in disbelief we have this kid on our roster. He's a freak'n Oiler!

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Send a private message to this user  

Re: I was wondering about this [message #534684 is a reply to message #534682 ]
Tue, 29 June 2010 02:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
richksaun  is currently offline richksaun

No Cups

nullterm wrote on Tue, 29 June 2010 01:56

Awesome. I'm still in disbelief we have this kid on our roster. He's a freak'n Oiler!

Wait till the Season Opener!!! Do you think they set it up perfectly though? Hall is an Oiler. The Flames the childhood team of Hall and the "top" rivalry of the Oilers. The Flame is dieing. The Oil is spewing. October 7th 2010 will be a great day in Oilers History.

"Any donkey can go to the front of the net and stand there with his stick on the ice." -- Capitals' center Brooks Laich on breaking a 9-game goal drought with a tip in vs. the Rangers(hint hint Oilers)

Hall to sign first contract Monday July 5 [message #536037 is a reply to message #533892 ]
Sun, 04 July 2010 19:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SunshinesDad  is currently offline SunshinesDad

No Cups

MJ wrote on Fri, 25 June 2010 17:36

The Hall-Seguin debate is over. The Oilers have selected Taylor Hall.

Franchise's first-ever number one NHL entry draft pick goes to star winger
General Manager Steve Tambellini announced today the Edmonton Oilers, with the franchise’s first-ever number one NHL Entry Draft selection, have selected Taylor Hall of the Ontario Hockey League’s Windsor Spitfires.
http://oilers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=532689&navid=DL|E DM|home

as per Tencer's Twitter:

http://twitter.com/dantencer

"Taylor Hall tells media at Commonwealth Stadium that he'll sign his 1st NHL contract tomorrow..."

Also:

Courtesy of your friends at 630 CHED, Taylor Hall with the media at Esks game tonight: http://www.630ched.com/insidesports

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-3PCGZ_c0m91rN7zn75aow

Re: Hall to sign first contract Monday July 5 [message #536040 is a reply to message #536037 ]
Sun, 04 July 2010 19:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MJ  is currently offline MJ

No Cups

And after attending the game tonight, Taylor Hall further realizes how badly this city needs a winner to cheer for.

I was amused how the ominous clouds all afternoon waited until kick off to rain.

Re: Hall to sign first contract Monday July 5 [message #536072 is a reply to message #536040 ]
Mon, 05 July 2010 00:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mr. Oil  is currently offline Mr. Oil

No Cups

MJ wrote on Sun, 04 July 2010 19:55

And after attending the game tonight, Taylor Hall further realizes how badly this city needs a winner to cheer for.

I was amused how the ominous clouds all afternoon waited until kick off to rain.

I was at the game too, MJ. Wow the hype just fizzled out, and at least Taylor is participating with other things in the city. Even saying "Go Esks Go" as a Stamps fan. rock

shootsaverebound wrote on Wed, 06 April 2011 22:02

The sun is setting on the Calgary Flames my friends, and the sunrise in Oil Country will be very bright.

My English is not that great as I am not a native english speaker... :)

Re: Hall to sign first contract Monday July 5 [message #539154 is a reply to message #536072 ]
Fri, 30 July 2010 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GabbyDugan  is currently offline GabbyDugan

No Cups

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=329013

"Hall, who was taken first overall by the Edmonton Oilers last month at the NHL draft, has informed Hockey Canada and the CHL that he will not be attending. Hall is expected to earn a full-time spot on the NHL roster this fall."

Looks like Mr. Hall is going "pro" all the way. Usually I would rip a young guy a little for being cocky for assuming he will be in the NHL and arrogant for turning his nose on Hockey Canada. In Hall's case, I like his confidence and positive attitude..

Re: Hall to sign first contract Monday July 5 [message #539156 is a reply to message #539154 ]
Fri, 30 July 2010 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

GabbyDugan wrote on Fri, 30 July 2010 13:04

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=329013

"Hall, who was taken first overall by the Edmonton Oilers last month at the NHL draft, has informed Hockey Canada and the CHL that he will not be attending. Hall is expected to earn a full-time spot on the NHL roster this fall."

Looks like Mr. Hall is going "pro" all the way. Usually I would rip a young guy a little for being cocky for assuming he will be in the NHL and arrogant for turning his nose on Hockey Canada. In Hall's case, I like his confidence and positive attitude..

Have previous first overalls usually attended? I don't know why they would. Since 2000, only one Canadian player picked first overall wasn't in the NHL and that was Marc-Andre Fleury.

The only Canadian skaters picked first overall who weren't in the NHL in their first year since 1990 were Ed Jovanovski and Chris Phillips.

The chances of Hall being back in junior are pretty small, and I'm thinking whether they've evaluated him at summer camp or not, they'd be in a hurry to take him if the Oilers made him available to them. Better to let some other hopeful show what he's got at the camp.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Oilers Take Taylor Hall #1 [message #788302 is a reply to message #533892 ]
Fri, 25 June 2021 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

11 years ago today! The day when hope was finally restored to the Oilers franchise!

Just read all these optimistic takes from back then!

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Oilers Take Taylor Hall #1 [message #788303 is a reply to message #788302 ]
Fri, 25 June 2021 12:07 Go to previous message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

Adam wrote on Fri, 25 June 2021 10:40

11 years ago today! The day when hope was finally restored to the Oilers franchise!

Just read all these optimistic takes from back then!

I read mine, and I feel shame. So naive.

Pages (3): [ «  <  1  2  3]  
Previous Topic:Ken Holland Season Ending Press Conference
Next Topic:Oilers select 4th rd (#100) - Matej Blümel
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca