This day on April 18
None

Happy Birthday To: spaz44, Formica, JDmassive, timothyparis12

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: Edmonton @ Winnipeg (Game #3)Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: Review: Edmonton @ Winnipeg (Game #3) [message #786106 is a reply to message #786105 ]
Sun, 23 May 2021 22:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Sun, 23 May 2021 20:53

PARROS IS WORKIN OOOOOOOOVERRRTIIIIIME!!

https://twitter.com/nhlplayersafety/status/13966745611067187 23?s=21

Edmonton’s Josh Archibald will have a hearing Monday for Clipping Winnipeg’s Logan Stanley.

Pretty funny!
Insult to injury.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Winnipeg (Game #3) [message #786108 is a reply to message #786106 ]
Sun, 23 May 2021 22:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HamBlaster  is currently offline HamBlaster

No Cups

I'm assuming Archibald is done with this team now anyways, so it would be pretty hilarious to see him get suspended for his last game as an Oiler.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Winnipeg (Game #3) [message #786110 is a reply to message #786108 ]
Sun, 23 May 2021 23:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

HamBlaster wrote on Sun, 23 May 2021 22:56

I'm assuming Archibald is done with this team now anyways, so it would be pretty hilarious to see him get suspended for his last game as an Oiler.

Why do you think he’s done with this team? He still has another year left.

I don’t see Seattle taking him. They’ll take Jones

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Winnipeg (Game #3) [message #786114 is a reply to message #786110 ]
Sun, 23 May 2021 23:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
scotiaoiler  is currently offline scotiaoiler

No Cups

Only this franchise could still be a laughing stock with 2 of the best players in hockey. Katz said he thought this would be the start of a decade long run. It is a continuation of almost 2 decades of being one of the worst run franchises in sports. The Oilers are a complete joke. They are not built for play-off hockey and McDavid unfortunately will not get his due till he performs in the playoffs

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Winnipeg (Game #3) [message #786113 is a reply to message #786105 ]
Sun, 23 May 2021 23:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stemhovlichski  is currently offline stemhovlichski

No Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Sun, 23 May 2021 21:53

PARROS IS WORKIN OOOOOOOOVERRRTIIIIIME!!

https://twitter.com/nhlplayersafety/status/13966745611067187 23?s=21

Edmonton’s Josh Archibald will have a hearing Monday for Clipping Winnipeg’s Logan Stanley.

Wasn't it Stanley who shaved Archibald's eyebrow?

Restored: "We're sucking hind banana here." - Pat Quinn, Jan 18, 2010

"...the Oilers have been rebuilding for so long that it’s hard not to be cynical." - NBC's Ryan Dadoun Jan 2, 2015

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Winnipeg (Game #3) [message #786121 is a reply to message #786073 ]
Mon, 24 May 2021 00:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Think people are actually starting to appropriately feel for McDavid. Not seeing much complaining about his play tonight as we are on the brink.

On the ice for 3/4 of our goals for (4/5 in the series). On the bench trying to catch his breath watching 4/5 of the goals against (6/8 of the non EN goals against in the series he was off the ice).

[Updated on: Mon, 24 May 2021 00:03]

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Winnipeg (Game #3) [message #786126 is a reply to message #786073 ]
Mon, 24 May 2021 00:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Lol, just saw Tippett's post game. He didn't call a timeout after the 3rd goal against because he knew after 1 more shift there would be a TV timeout.

icon_dead Wave Towel

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Winnipeg (Game #3) [message #786127 is a reply to message #786073 ]
Mon, 24 May 2021 00:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mightyreasoner  is currently offline mightyreasoner

No Cups

Just an extremely selfish and unnecessary penalty by Josh Archibald to start Winnipeg's comeback. He doesn't put the Oilers down like that, and we likely have a 2-1 series.

Of course, plenty of blame to go around. Tippett, Smith, turnovers. And it's not really an Oilers playoff series until they blow a multiple goal lead.

Oilers are done. Our post-season will potentially last 6 days. Our record in the playoffs the last two years is 1-6, could be 1-7 by tomorrow. This team is not built to withstand even a bit of postseason pressure... Winnipeg is much better than Chicago, but the Oilers folded against both with great embarrassment. There wasn't an easier path to the Western Conference final than this year, and they could very well get swept in Round 1.

In reality, I'm not sure that the Oilers are any closer to competing for a Cup with this team than with the 2017 playoff team. Four years, and probably several steps backwards.

I've come to expect this from the Oilers, which makes it hurt less, and makes me less mad, but it's still disappointing to see.

[Updated on: Mon, 24 May 2021 02:46]

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Winnipeg (Game #3) [message #786128 is a reply to message #786073 ]
Mon, 24 May 2021 01:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mightyreasoner  is currently offline mightyreasoner

No Cups

On the plus side, Kassian scored a goal, so people will remember him as good for the next five years.

Also - Ehlers has one heck of a release on his shot.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Winnipeg (Game #3) [message #786129 is a reply to message #786073 ]
Mon, 24 May 2021 02:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

I know this shouldn’t be affecting me so hard. I’ve been hiding a lot of stress and big feelings the last calendar year, if not a little longer. Keeping it locked inside. I thought this promotion and move closer to the wife’s parents would have kicked a lot of my mental anguish, but these last two weeks have been really hammering me mentally. Sleep is almost nonexistent of late.

Been so pumped the Oilers made the playoffs, I was in grade 12 during the ‘06 finals run so haven’t had the pleasure of cheering for our team throughout many meaningful seasons or playoff runs for that matter. Like a lot of you, I’m sure.

Watching the Oilers this season, listening on Ched while I haven’t been able to watch, had been a real ‘release’ for me. An escape. And to think that the season is likely coming to an end here pretty darn quick... well it’s hitting me.

I want to thank each and every one of you that have put up with me and my posts this season, accepted the Must TM movement and for providing me an escape from reality. Though we don’t know each other personally, there’s no one here I wouldn’t sit down for a beer with and just shoot the poo.

I know I’ll come out the other side of this tunnel I’m in, eventually. I really meant it earlier MJ, thank you for all you do and for keeping this place running. And thank you, again, to each and every one of you for adopting this kid from Saskatchewan into the Oilfans family.

💙🧡

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Winnipeg (Game #3) [message #786131 is a reply to message #786129 ]
Mon, 24 May 2021 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ragnarok73  is currently offline Ragnarok73

2 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Mon, 24 May 2021 02:05

I know this shouldn’t be affecting me so hard. I’ve been hiding a lot of stress and big feelings the last calendar year, if not a little longer. Keeping it locked inside. I thought this promotion and move closer to the wife’s parents would have kicked a lot of my mental anguish, but these last two weeks have been really hammering me mentally. Sleep is almost nonexistent of late.

Been so pumped the Oilers made the playoffs, I was in grade 12 during the ‘06 finals run so haven’t had the pleasure of cheering for our team throughout many meaningful seasons or playoff runs for that matter. Like a lot of you, I’m sure.

Watching the Oilers this season, listening on Ched while I haven’t been able to watch, had been a real ‘release’ for me. An escape. And to think that the season is likely coming to an end here pretty darn quick... well it’s hitting me.

I want to thank each and every one of you that have put up with me and my posts this season, accepted the Must TM movement and for providing me an escape from reality. Though we don’t know each other personally, there’s no one here I wouldn’t sit down for a beer with and just shoot the poo.

I know I’ll come out the other side of this tunnel I’m in, eventually. I really meant it earlier MJ, thank you for all you do and for keeping this place running. And thank you, again, to each and every one of you for adopting this kid from Saskatchewan into the Oilfans family.

💙🧡

The ones we love hurt us the most. However, to be honest, I wasn’t all that bothered by this series as it has unfolded thus far. Part of me never believed that this team is built for playoff hockey with that defence and those bottom 2 lines. Thus, I just feel detached from what is happening.

In 2006 it was different because the team had one of the best d-men in the league and goals coming from everywhere in their line-up to go along with red-hot goaltending. This team is far too reliant on their top 2 guys for any offence, and at least the bottom pairing on their D likely wouldn’t make the starting roster on a real Cup contender especially Bear. Whether I continue to feel this detachment is largely dependent on whether Holland can address the team’s many deficiencies.

"There's no greater springboard to development than failure." - Craig MacTavish, April 13/15.

5-14-6-1

"Sabres think the suck is their ally? They merely adopted the suck. The Oilers were born in it...molded by it."

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Winnipeg (Game #3) [message #786137 is a reply to message #786129 ]
Mon, 24 May 2021 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

💙🧡

Feel better man.

I'm not really a master of advice, but think it's good in situations like this to just know what you can and can't control. Absolutely none of this is because of what we did, and we have zero ability to influence any of the outcomes.

Sounds like you have been actively doing things to improve your quality of life and succeeding. Doesn't seem fair that Katz/Lowe/Bobby Nicks being dummies and Holland having his thumb up his butt at the deadline can be messing with that, even temporarily. Hope it's at least a little fun on here to just make fun of the ridiculousness of it all.

2006 was seriously unfair. No Roli injury and we probably win the cup. True heartbreak. This team...I think most of us get what is going on here. Just sucks the hockey gods can't give us some freebies and have some pity on us.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Winnipeg (Game #3) [message #786148 is a reply to message #786129 ]
Mon, 24 May 2021 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

💙🧡

OGasm, that's what this is for most of us, is just a release to get away from our day to day real world. MUST is awesome, and the next 4 are the highest they get this year.

Everyone is going through their own thing, you're not alone by any stretch, just know that, the Oilers season has been a diversion and we want it to keep going. I don't think MJ envisioned Oilfans being more than a collection of fans talking Oilers 22 or whatever years ago, but this place is more, and has been pretty imporyantvfor the reasons you give, especially for the last year and some.

Keep coming and posting, I enjoy reading what you post and when you get stuff off your mind, it's really good for you. I think we'll all improve in our outlook as we get back to normal, hopefully we can shed most of the negativity. icon_thumbsup icon_thumbsup

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Winnipeg (Game #3) [message #786164 is a reply to message #786073 ]
Mon, 24 May 2021 16:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Thanks boys. Means a lot reading this. Seriously. 💙🧡

Now LFG Oilers!!!!

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Winnipeg (Game #3) [message #786167 is a reply to message #786164 ]
Mon, 24 May 2021 17:01 Go to previous message
NZ Oiler Fan  is currently offline NZ Oiler Fan

No Cups

This current edition of the Oilers is reminding me an awful lot of a certain team located west of us that we liked to poke fun at. Regular season superstars with league leaders in points, but always choking in the playoffs.

Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]  
Previous Topic:Pregame: Edmonton @ Winnipeg (Game #4)
Next Topic:Pregame: Edmonton @ Winnipeg (Game #3)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca