Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » McDavidPages (11): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: McDavid [message #656882 is a reply to message #656870 ]
Thu, 24 September 2015 21:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bigEfromGP  is currently offline bigEfromGP

No Cups

jds308 wrote on Thu, 24 September 2015 16:25

These are pretty cool adds for Alberta, but am I the only who feels a little uncomfortable watching the Messier/McDavid interactions?

Personally, I didn't get an uncomfortable vibe myself. I got the vibe that Connor is in awe/appreciating the accomplishments of the past, and Mess kinda gives him this "yeah, these Cup banners, that's what Edmonton and it's fans are all about, and it's great" type intro. Maybe I am reading way too much into it, but definitely not an uncomfortable vibe.

CrusaderPi wrote on Fri, 09 October 2020 13:17

CrudeRemarks wrote on Fri, 09 October 2020 13:00

The president thinks he has the ideal male body.
It's hard to disagree that he has the ideal male body.

Send a private message to this user  

Re: McDavid [message #656886 is a reply to message #656882 ]
Thu, 24 September 2015 22:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

bigEfromGP wrote on Thu, 24 September 2015 21:50

jds308 wrote on Thu, 24 September 2015 16:25

These are pretty cool adds for Alberta, but am I the only who feels a little uncomfortable watching the Messier/McDavid interactions?

Personally, I didn't get an uncomfortable vibe myself. I got the vibe that Connor is in awe/appreciating the accomplishments of the past, and Mess kinda gives him this "yeah, these Cup banners, that's what Edmonton and it's fans are all about, and it's great" type intro. Maybe I am reading way too much into it, but definitely not an uncomfortable vibe.

Only thing about the ads is that Messier lives in the Carolinas and New York now...I don't think he spends much time in Edmonton!

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: McDavid [message #656889 is a reply to message #656886 ]
Fri, 25 September 2015 03:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Slim Jim Phantom Call  is currently offline Slim Jim Phantom Call

No Cups

Who cares where Mess lives now? He's hometown and won 5 cups here!
Are we really that jaded to the "old boys club"?
This ad to me came off like a passing of the torch. I helped put these banners up here, now it's your turn kinda deal.

In fairness to Hall, I've wanted to throw a waterbottle at Eakins all season.
~nullterm 03/22/2014

Re: McDavid [message #656904 is a reply to message #656889 ]
Fri, 25 September 2015 18:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ragnarok73  is currently offline Ragnarok73

2 Cups

Ales Cooper wrote on Fri, 25 September 2015 03:40

This ad to me came off like a passing of the torch. I helped put these banners up here, now it's your turn kinda deal.

After 9 years of failure orchestrated by notable members of the OBC, even guys like Moose and the Great One make me feel weary when they jump on the McSavior bandwagon. It's going to take some time away from those guys before I can get over their part in turning this team into an absolute laughing-stock.

"There's no greater springboard to development than failure." - Craig MacTavish, April 13/15.

5-14-6-1

"Sabres think the suck is their ally? They merely adopted the suck. The Oilers were born in it...molded by it."

Re: McDavid [message #656906 is a reply to message #656904 ]
Sat, 26 September 2015 02:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Slim Jim Phantom Call  is currently offline Slim Jim Phantom Call

No Cups

Ragnarok73 wrote on Fri, 25 September 2015 18:48

Ales Cooper wrote on Fri, 25 September 2015 03:40

After 9 years of failure orchestrated by notable members of the OBC, even guys like Moose and the Great One make me feel weary when they jump on the McSavior bandwagon. It's going to take some time away from those guys before I can get over their part in turning this team into an absolute laughing-stock.

I can dig that.

In fairness to Hall, I've wanted to throw a waterbottle at Eakins all season.
~nullterm 03/22/2014

Re: McDavid [message #784761 is a reply to message #650219 ]
Mon, 10 May 2021 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

So this guy ended up being pretty good.

https://www.hockey-reference.com/leaders/points_adjusted_sea son.html

Another 2 point game and he might only have Gretzky and guys from the 1920's ahead of him.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: McDavid [message #784839 is a reply to message #784761 ]
Tue, 11 May 2021 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 10 May 2021 12:51

So this guy ended up being pretty good.

Another 2 point game and he might only have Gretzky and guys from the 1920's ahead of him.

updated. Era adjusted, McDavid's season is surpassed only by Gretzky's 85/86 season and seasons from the 1920's.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: McDavid [message #784825 is a reply to message #650219 ]
Mon, 10 May 2021 22:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

1 Cup

Everyone was fed up with Oilers management at that point too. McDavid was the shining gift that they'd all walked bass ackwards into, giving them a career lifeline. Nicholson had been brought on a year earlier, Howson was here until last February. MacT, who had somehow been a worse GM than Tambelliini, didn't get fired when Chiarelli showed up, but instead got a cushy VP role. Lowe, of course, isn't in hockey Ops, and wasn't back then either. I'm sure he's working extra hard now that Tom Anselmi is retiring.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: McDavid [message #784830 is a reply to message #784825 ]
Mon, 10 May 2021 23:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Mon, 10 May 2021 22:25

Everyone was fed up with Oilers management at that point too. McDavid was the shining gift that they'd all walked bass ackwards into, giving them a career lifeline. Nicholson had been brought on a year earlier, Howson was here until last February. MacT, who had somehow been a worse GM than Tambelliini, didn't get fired when Chiarelli showed up, but instead got a cushy VP role. Lowe, of course, isn't in hockey Ops, and wasn't back then either. I'm sure he's working extra hard now that Tom Anselmi is retiring.

For what it's worth, I'm still fed up with Oilers management.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: McDavid [message #784831 is a reply to message #784830 ]
Mon, 10 May 2021 23:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

CrusaderPi wrote on Mon, 10 May 2021 23:40

We are united on that front.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: McDavid [message #784832 is a reply to message #784831 ]
Tue, 11 May 2021 00:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Mon, 10 May 2021 23:54

CrusaderPi wrote on Mon, 10 May 2021 23:40

We are united on that front.

I admire the capacity of you folks to be fed up. With everything going on outside of Oilers hockey, I don't have any left over for Oilers' management. 😂

Re: McDavid [message #784834 is a reply to message #650219 ]
Tue, 11 May 2021 05:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WhoreableGuy  is currently offline WhoreableGuy

No Cups

This was my most memorable thread on Oilfans. Man, everyone knows where they were when that Gold Card flipped.

We knew this was not like the other 1st overalls. This one is so good not even the Kevin Lowe and Co. could ruin him.

I ran out and ordered a McDavid jersey within 20 minutes of the card flip at Pro Hockey Life while getting chirped by Flames fans with this beauty, “You’re stupid ordering it now, how do you know he’s gonna wear 97? He won’t play in Edmonton!”

With that card flip it’s been easier to land free agents, Edmonton always lost out and a lot of players would sign in Calgary. Now it’s players refusing to go to Calgary (Kadri) and player’s agents inquiring about Edmonton.

I remember opening up the newspaper in the late 90’s/early 2000’s just to see Dougie Weight’s name pop up in the top 20 scorers. It was a treat to see that lone name. He outscored Gretzky in 95-96 I believe and I was like wow its not going to be easy to get an Oilers player in the top scoring. Now we are seeing yearly Art Ross and Hart Trophy’s coming to our team. If you told me this would happen during those brutal Oilers teams pre 2015 I wouldn’t believe it.

We are blessed to have McDavid, I still don’t think I believe it or it has sunk in. It’s his 6th year, time has flown.

Getting to the Finals is a must this year.

"Bah Gawd! Would somebody stop the damn draft!"

- Jim Ross calling the NHL Draft Lotto 2015 as the Oilers win

Re: McDavid [message #784840 is a reply to message #650219 ]
Tue, 11 May 2021 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skoobz  is currently offline Skoobz

No Cups

Wow! I do not remember starting this thread. I only remember screaming so loud and long that my then 2-year-old started crying. Impressed that I was able to type literally anything! I remember I was wearing an Oilers St. Patty's day hat and tshirt.

I also didn't remember V's post in this thread, but surely, that has to go down as one of the worst posts in the history of the site, and possibly the history of the universe.

Also, this is the best:

[Updated on: Tue, 11 May 2021 08:47]

"[It was] really cool to throw on the Oilers gear, the gear that I want to play the rest of my life wearing. It was pretty cool to put it on. With all the history, it was a lot of fun." - Connor McDavid, July 1, 2015

Re: McDavid [message #784849 is a reply to message #784840 ]
Tue, 11 May 2021 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Skoobz wrote on Tue, 11 May 2021 07:37

Wow! I do not remember starting this thread. I only remember screaming so loud and long that my then 2-year-old started crying. Impressed that I was able to type literally anything! I remember I was wearing an Oilers St. Patty's day hat and tshirt.

I also didn't remember V's post in this thread, but surely, that has to go down as one of the worst posts in the history of the site, and possibly the history of the universe.

Also, this is the best:

You better still have that T-shirt and hat, and wearing it during during the appropriate playoff game!

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: McDavid [message #784853 is a reply to message #784849 ]
Tue, 11 May 2021 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skoobz  is currently offline Skoobz

No Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Tue, 11 May 2021 10:50

You better still have that T-shirt and hat, and wearing it during during the appropriate playoff game!

They're both locked and loaded. rock

"[It was] really cool to throw on the Oilers gear, the gear that I want to play the rest of my life wearing. It was pretty cool to put it on. With all the history, it was a lot of fun." - Connor McDavid, July 1, 2015

Re: McDavid [message #784914 is a reply to message #784840 ]
Tue, 11 May 2021 21:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Skoobz wrote on Tue, 11 May 2021 08:37

Also, this is the best:

How great would it be to see another video of those same kids a few years later losing it as McDavid eliminates the Maple Leafs from the playoffs...

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55

Re: McDavid [message #785068 is a reply to message #784840 ]
Thu, 13 May 2021 14:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

Skoobz wrote on Tue, 11 May 2021 08:37

Also, this is the best:

I wonder what these kids are doing now? Lol. That was a nice memory.

My kid was sitting with me in my basement when the gold card was pulled. Pretty much scared the crap out of her. She still tells the story, although slightly exaggerated. I did not cry......until she left the room.

Re: McDavid [message #784915 is a reply to message #650219 ]
Tue, 11 May 2021 21:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

McDavid goin' through the NHL

https://i.imgur.com/vyF4w2B.gif?noredirect

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: McDavid [message #784922 is a reply to message #784915 ]
Wed, 12 May 2021 01:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Tue, 11 May 2021 21:44

I mentally prepared myself for Connor McDavid’s face on Miley Cyrus comin’ in like a wrecking ball with that gif.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: McDavid [message #784927 is a reply to message #784922 ]
Wed, 12 May 2021 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Wed, 12 May 2021 00:16

Skookum Jim wrote on Tue, 11 May 2021 21:44

I mentally prepared myself for Connor McDavid’s face on Miley Cyrus comin’ in like a wrecking ball with that gif.

Yeah but Miley is just riding it, McD is the wrecking ball, plowing through the wall at 40km/h.. deke's so quick he gives goaltenders Tourette's!! icon_nod

[Updated on: Wed, 12 May 2021 08:33]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: McDavid [message #785057 is a reply to message #650219 ]
Thu, 13 May 2021 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

lolz

I think Howie's season is out of reach unfortunately

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: McDavid [message #785303 is a reply to message #650219 ]
Mon, 17 May 2021 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Daniel Nugent-Bowman has a story on the athletic. It's basically about how McDavid had his "Yzerman" moment last off-season. Was angry about the play-ins, spent days going over videos and comparing his play defensively to all the best defensive forwards in the league. Let our coaches give him a no-nonsense analysis of his play defensively and took it all in. Gulutzan described McDavid's play in his own end before this year as being a "circler". Not committing to defensive plays, always trying to maintain some speed to be ready for a quick breakout.

There ya go, we are ready to be an elite team now with McYzerman.

Side note, saw another analysis that this Oilers season was the worst performing team we've had with McDavid off the ice (in terms of possession stats) since McDavid joined the team.

[Updated on: Mon, 17 May 2021 11:09]

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: McDavid [message #785305 is a reply to message #785303 ]
Mon, 17 May 2021 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 17 May 2021 11:07

Side note, saw another analysis that this Oilers season was the worst performing team we've had with McDavid off the ice (in terms of possession stats) since McDavid joined the team.

When Patrick Russell is in your lineup for just under 15% of your games, is this really a surprise?

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: McDavid [message #785307 is a reply to message #785303 ]
Mon, 17 May 2021 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smyth260  is currently offline smyth260

No Cups

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 17 May 2021 10:07

Ugh, thats depressing. How did it manage to get worse than the last 2 years...

Clean house or bust

Re: McDavid [message #785310 is a reply to message #785307 ]
Mon, 17 May 2021 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

1 Cup

smyth260 wrote on Mon, 17 May 2021 14:21

My guess without looking too deeply into it? McDavid doing so well that we were ahead more often than most if not all his other years with us, so after he's spotted us a couple, the other guys are maybe not pushing as much?

Regardless of what the stats say, this is most definitely not the worst bottom 6 we've had in the McDavid era.

Re: McDavid [message #785340 is a reply to message #785310 ]
Mon, 17 May 2021 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Mike wrote on Mon, 17 May 2021 11:34

My guess without looking too deeply into it? McDavid doing so well that we were ahead more often than most if not all his other years with us, so after he's spotted us a couple, the other guys are maybe not pushing as much?

Regardless of what the stats say, this is most definitely not the worst bottom 6 we've had in the McDavid era.

Here is an article arguing this is the worst "without McDavid" team we've had so far

https://www.coppernblue.com/2021/5/16/22438812/shallow-depth -oilers-mcdavid

Around the middle of the season our depth just stopped doing anything. Maybe this is when McDrai was put back together? After our easy run against Ottawa after we lost the 3 straight against the Leafs. Think we ran around 20 games in the last part of the year with the 2nd/3rd/4th line unable to do anything.

Hopefully all this doesn't matter as much now that we're back to trying to be a 2 line team in the playoffs.

[Updated on: Mon, 17 May 2021 13:01]

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: McDavid [message #785372 is a reply to message #785340 ]
Mon, 17 May 2021 16:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 17 May 2021 12:58

Mike wrote on Mon, 17 May 2021 11:34

Here is an article arguing this is the worst "without McDavid" team we've had so far

https://www.coppernblue.com/2021/5/16/22438812/shallow-depth -oilers-mcdavid

Around the middle of the season our depth just stopped doing anything. Maybe this is when McDrai was put back together? After our easy run against Ottawa after we lost the 3 straight against the Leafs. Think we ran around 20 games in the last part of the year with the 2nd/3rd/4th line unable to do anything.

Hopefully all this doesn't matter as much now that we're back to trying to be a 2 line team in the playoffs.

Clever plan, bottom 8 forwards saving themselves energy for a deep playoff run. Jujhar Pisani?

Re: McDavid [message #785309 is a reply to message #785303 ]
Mon, 17 May 2021 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 17 May 2021 11:07

Daniel Nugent-Bowman has a story on the athletic. It's basically about how McDavid had his "Yzerman" moment last off-season. Was angry about the play-ins, spent days going over videos and comparing his play defensively to all the best defensive forwards in the league. Let our coaches give him a no-nonsense analysis of his play defensively and took it all in. Gulutzan described McDavid's play in his own end before this year as being a "circler". Not committing to defensive plays, always trying to maintain some speed to be ready for a quick breakout.

There ya go, we are ready to be an elite team now with McYzerman.

Nice to have some media narrative around this, but you're right. It's not about McDavid and Draisaitl, it's about depth. Here's the goals by forward:

McDavid - 33 (24 ES incl 2 EN, 9 PP)
Draisaitl - 31 (15 ES incl 2 EN, 15 PP, 1 SH)
Nugent-Hopkins - 16 (7 ES, 9 PP)
Puljujarvi - 15 (13 ES incl 1 EN, 2 PP)
Chiasson - 9 (4 ES, 5 PP)
Kahun - 9 (all ES)
Yamamoto - 8 (7 ES, 1 PP)
Archibald - 7 (all ES incl 3 EN)
Neal - 5 (4 ES, 1 PP)
Shore - 5 (4 ES incl 2 EN, 1 SH)
Khaira - 3 (all ES)
Ennis - 3 (all ES)
Haas - 2 (all ES)
Kassian - 2 (all ES)
Turris - 2 (all ES)
McLeod - 0
Nygard - 0
P. Russell - 0

So outside of 97, 29, 93, 13 & 56, the sum total of ES goals excluding empty netters is 31. If you exclude Kahun, who played most of the season on the top lines and by these numbers is way more productive than anyone else in the peer group, it's 22 goals in 56 games from the third and fourth lines.

To put this in to some perspective, in last year's playoffs, Blake Coleman scored 5 ES goals. That would be 7th on the Oilers for this entire season.

We're lucky the top end of this team is so good, and the defence has contributed a lot of offence too (although almost only while on the ice with 97 or 29 or both). It would be really nice if we had some guys elevate their game in the post-season. I think we should be able to beat the Jets, especially if they're icing a depleted lineup, but it's hard to see a really deep run if the bottom two lines are only there to just try to not get scored on for 20-25 minutes a night.

I will say - when people suggest that Holland's done a pretty good job so far, this is what I point to to suggest that's over-rating him. He's had the ability to sign, trade for or re-sign everyone in the bottom six, and they haven't got much better at all.

Re: McDavid [message #804292 is a reply to message #650219 ]
Mon, 18 April 2022 13:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Happy 7th Anniversary.. McDavid Lottery Day!!
.. Thank you Lord :)

Quote:

Edmonton Oilers win top pick in NHL Draft Lottery
by Mike Brophy April 18, 2015

TORONTO -- The Edmonton Oilers will pick first in the 2015 NHL Draft after winning the NHL Draft Lottery on Saturday.

The Oilers had an 11.5 percent chance, third-best, to win the first pick in the draft, which will be held June 26-27 at BB&T Center in Sunrise, Fla.

Edmonton is likely to use the pick to select center Connor McDavid of the Erie Otters in the Ontario Hockey League. McDavid is ranked the No. 1 North American skater by NHL Central Scouting after scoring 44 goals and 120 points in 47 games.

"It's going to be a dream come true and it's a great situation to be in," McDavid said. "[Edmonton has had] fan support even through a little bit of a tough slide they have gone through for a few years. The fan support they still receive is amazing, and the group of guys they have there is pretty special. If it happens to be me that is selected there, it would be a tremendous honor to step in with a group of talent like that."

Edmonton general manager Craig MacTavish said he is thrilled with the possibility of drafting McDavid.

"He's not only the most productive junior player, but also the most dynamic," MacTavish said from Switzerland, where he is on a scouting trip.

MacTavish said winning the draft lottery can do wonders for his franchise. The Oilers, who will pick first for the fourth time in six years, have failed to qualify for the Stanley Cup Playoffs for the past nine seasons.

"I can't tell you how exciting it is for us to win this lottery," MacTavish said. "Any team would have been just over the moon about winning the lottery, and we're the same. It's a game-changer."

The Buffalo Sabres, who had the worst record in the NHL this season and best chance to win the lottery (20 percent), dropped to the second pick. The Arizona Coyotes, who finished next to last (13.5 percent), fell to third.

MacTavish was asked if there is any possibility he would entertain the thought of trading the pick.

"Zero," he said.

The Oilers, who finished 24-44-14 this season, used prior No. 1 picks to draft forwards Taylor Hall (2010), Ryan Nugent-Hopkins (2011) and Nail Yakupov (2012).

Expected to be chosen second by Buffalo is the No. 2-ranked North American skater, center Jack Eichel, who scored 26 goals and had 71 points in 40 games with Boston University of Hockey East. Eichel won the Hobey Baker Award as U.S. college hockey's best player.

"It's tough to think about playing for a team next year when the draft hasn't happened yet," said Eichel, who would not commit to turning pro next season. "A lot of things can happen on draft day. Nothing is set in stone yet. It would be really nice to play (in Buffalo). There is so much tradition there and it is a great hockey city."

A weighted system determined the order of the first round for the 14 teams that did not qualify for the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

The other teams in the lottery were the Toronto Maple Leafs (9.5 percent chance), Carolina Hurricanes (8.5), New Jersey Devils (7.5), Philadelphia Flyers (6.5), Columbus Blue Jackets (6), San Jose Sharks (5), Colorado Avalanche (3.5), Florida Panthers (3), Dallas Stars (2.5), Los Angeles Kings (2) and Boston Bruins (1).

"When you have an 80 percent chance of losing something, you have to be ready for that and think that is probably going to be the case, and that was the case," Buffalo general manager Tim Murray said.

Many would consider getting Eichel a very good consolation prize for the Sabres.

"We don't have the first pick, but we have the second pick and we have said all along there are two top-end, impact players, if not franchise players in this draft and they both play the right position (center) for rebuilding," Murray said, "so as disappointed as we are in not having the No. 1 pick, we're extremely happy to be picking No. 2.".

Here is the order for the first 14 picks in the first round of the 2015 NHL Draft:

1. Edmonton Oilers

2. Buffalo Sabres

3. Arizona Coyotes

4. Toronto Maple Leafs

5. Carolina Hurricanes

6. New Jersey Devils

7. Philadelphia Flyers

8. Columbus Blue Jackets

9. San Jose Sharks

10. Colorado Avalanche

11. Florida Panthers

12. Dallas Stars

13. Los Angeles Kings

14. Boston Bruins

The NHL announced changes to the draft lottery format in August which included adjusting the odds of winning the first pick. The 10 highest-finishing non-playoff qualifying teams received higher (better) draft lottery odds than they had previously; the four lowest-finishing teams received lower (worse) odds.

The lottery machine randomly selected four balls. The resulting four-number series (without regard to selection order) was matched against a chart that showed all possible combinations and the team to which each was assigned.
https://c.tenor.com/UgAEZj1mIeYAAAAC/edmonton-oilers-connor-mcdavid.gifhttps://c.tenor.com/We1Yuz9aHu8AAAAM/oilers-goal-edmonton-oilers-goal.gif
https://c.tenor.com/NIW8HcjNmJwAAAAC/edmonton-oilers-connor-mcdavid.gif
https://c.tenor.com/M2HkTzU7kOcAAAAM/edmonton-oilers-connor-mcdavid.gifhttps://c.tenor.com/wybc_8bqsOIAAAAM/edmonton-oilers-connor-mcdavid.gifhttps://c.tenor.com/ZClXxO0xJiYAAAAM/edmonton-oilers-connor-mcdavid.gif
https://c.tenor.com/pyzoK3LLcXcAAAAd/connor-mcdavid-mcdavid.gif
https://c.tenor.com/1Zp02m_h5eEAAAAM/kennedystrash.gifhttps://c.tenor.com/fvPlju67IRUAAAAM/edmonton-oilers-connor-mcdavid.gifhttps://c.tenor.com/XFJF__L12l4AAAAM/connor-mcdavid-hockey.gif
https://c.tenor.com/SndhbCuS7IMAAAAM/mcdavid-mcdavid-elbow.gifhttps://c.tenor.com/BIzavCUODXsAAAAM/connor-mcdavid.gifhttps://c.tenor.com/QGoCy98lGLkAAAAM/hockey-oilers.gif
https://c.tenor.com/i2ti5SJkkZIAAAAM/oilers-hockey.gifhttps://c.tenor.com/EshLO9JlT5oAAAAM/edmonton-oilers-connor-mcdavid.gifhttps://c.tenor.com/RT7GmmUNfSYAAAAM/connor-mc-david-mc-david.gif
https://library.sportingnews.com/2021-08/connor-mcdavid-102417-gif-2_14g0jv6x58vda165s8icgkhoqt.gifhttps://media3.giphy.com/media/3gIQEirPlTfhEiZTlU/giphy.gif
https://i.makeagif.com/media/10-20-2017/9N95jm.gifhttps://64.media.tumblr.com/fefe3d89a142e3385a75486e822d405c/tumblr_o25crwNq9R1v0y680o1_r1_500.gifv
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/UnsightlySereneConch-size_restricted.gif
https://media0.giphy.com/media/PrGT6hwtyliGytI442/giphy.gif

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: McDavid [message #829969 is a reply to message #650219 ]
Tue, 20 February 2024 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

McDavid is officially good at everything now. Defensive analytics were the last piece.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GGuXmgJbIAA0BT2?format=jpg&name=small

Even faceoffs, 3 years running over 50%.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: McDavid [message #829980 is a reply to message #829969 ]
Tue, 20 February 2024 14:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

Enjoy every moment of this man’s career. We are spoiled beyond belief.

Re: McDavid [message #830269 is a reply to message #650219 ]
Wed, 28 February 2024 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rowan Oil Fielding  is currently offline Rowan Oil Fielding

No Cups

McDAVID HITS 70 ASSISTS, 90 POINTS AS OILERS FEND OFF KINGS

Connor McDavid (0-2—2) hit both the 70-assist and 90-point marks as the Oilers (34-20-2, 70 points) fended off the Kings (29-18-10, 68 points) to maintain hold of third place in the Pacific Division. Edmonton battled back from two separate one-goal deficits to earn its 18th comeback win – only the Devils (19), Stars (18), Red Wings (18) and Rangers (18) have as many this season.

* McDavid (21-70—91 in 54 GP) hit the 70-assist plateau for the fourth straight season and became the sixth player in NHL history to post a run of that length after Wayne Gretzky (13 from 1979-90–1992-93), Bobby Orr (6 from 1969-70–1974-75), Adam Oates (5 from 1989-90–1993-94), Peter Stastny (4 from 1980-81–1983-84) and Guy Lafleur (4 from 1976-77–1979-80).

* The Oilers captain also became the fastest player to record 70 assists in a campaign since Mario Lemieux in 1995-96 (50 GP). Only three different players in NHL history have recorded 70 helpers faster than McDavid: Gretzky (10x; fastest: 36 GP in 1985-86), Lemieux (3x; fastest: 43 GP in 1988-89) and Oates (45 GP in 1990-91).

* Twenty of McDavid’s 70 assists have come in his past eight appearances dating to Feb. 13, making him just the fifth different player in NHL history to post 20-plus helpers over an eight-game span. The others: Gretzky (20x; most: 26 from Dec. 7-20, 1985), Oates (3x; most: 23 from Jan. 22–Feb. 6, 1991), Lemieux (3x; most: 22 from Dec. 5-21, 1992) and Orr (20 from Feb. 28–March 13, 1971).
Source: https://media.nhl.com/public/news/17769
https://i.postimg.cc/LXNrx74h/Mc-David90-Media-Feb27-26114820.png

At this point I think he wants to make a deep playoff run more than anything else, hockey wise. CM already has a plethora of scoring titles now he wants to hoist some Stanley Cup trophies.

https://i.postimg.cc/mZ9GD3V6/php2-CH3-Yf-AM.jpg

Re: McDavid [message #830319 is a reply to message #650219 ]
Fri, 01 March 2024 21:33 Go to previous message
Rowan Oil Fielding  is currently offline Rowan Oil Fielding

No Cups

Connor McDavid led all skaters in February with 2-25—27 in 12 GP and became the first NHL player to collect 25+ assists in a calendar month since Mario Lemieux in December 1992.

#NHLStats: https://media.nhl.com/public/news/17780

https://i.postimg.cc/vT4jv6s9/GHm2fvw-XAAA8z-Y6.jpg

That first time a player has had 25 assists in a calendar month in 30 years is pretty insane when you consider the Oilers had almost the whole first week of the month off.

https://i.postimg.cc/mZ9GD3V6/php2-CH3-Yf-AM.jpg

Pages (11): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11]  
Previous Topic:Review: St. Louis @ Edmonton (Game #57)
Next Topic:Pregame: St. Louis @ Edmonton (Game #57)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca