This day on April 18
None

Happy Birthday To: spaz44, Formica, JDmassive, timothyparis12

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Pregame: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #46)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Pregame: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #46) [message #785154]
Sat, 15 May 2021 02:00 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final
Score Prediction
Login To Make Your Prediction

Edmonton to win:   0%
Vancouver to win:   0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

2020-21 Regular Season
Wednesday, January 13, 2021Vancouver 5 @ Edmonton 3Loss
Thursday, January 14, 2021Vancouver 2 @ Edmonton 5Win
Tuesday, February 23, 2021Edmonton 4 @ Vancouver 3Win
Thursday, February 25, 2021Edmonton 3 @ Vancouver 0Win
Saturday, March 13, 2021Edmonton 1 @ Vancouver 2Loss
Monday, May 3, 2021Edmonton 5 @ Vancouver 3Win
Tuesday, May 4, 2021Edmonton 4 @ Vancouver 1Win
Thursday, May 6, 2021Vancouver 6 @ Edmonton 3Loss
Saturday, May 8, 2021Vancouver 3 @ Edmonton 4Win
Saturday, May 15, 2021Vancouver 4 @ Edmonton 1Loss
Home Record: 2-3-0       Road Record: 4-1-0       Overall Record: 6-4-0
Home / Road Goals For: 16/17 Total: 33
Home / Road Goals Against: 20/9 Total: 29

2019-20 Regular Season
Wednesday, October 2, 2019Vancouver 2 @ Edmonton 3Win
Saturday, November 30, 2019Vancouver 5 @ Edmonton 2Loss
Sunday, December 1, 2019Edmonton 3 @ Vancouver 2Win
Monday, December 23, 2019Edmonton 2 @ Vancouver 4Loss
Home Record: 1-1-0       Road Record: 1-1-0       Overall Record: 2-2-0
Home / Road Goals For: 5/5 Total: 10
Home / Road Goals Against: 7/6 Total: 13

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Pregame: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #46) [message #785155 is a reply to message #785154 ]
Sat, 15 May 2021 03:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

2 Cups

Just don't get hurt. I get guys have to play, otherwise they would be off for a full week, but just maybe give Jujhar and Turris some extra shifts. And maybe be only Mike Smith for a period or 2. And maybe try a Bouchard.

Re: Pregame: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #46) [message #785156 is a reply to message #785155 ]
Sat, 15 May 2021 06:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

NetBOG wrote on Sat, 15 May 2021 02:15

Just don't get hurt. I get guys have to play, otherwise they would be off for a full week, but just maybe give Jujhar and Turris some extra shifts. And maybe be only Mike Smith for a period or 2. And maybe try a Bouchard.

I think Koski is starting.
Heard projections that Koekkoke is in as well.. I'm super surprised this guy is ready to play, after seeing that x-ray of the mess his shoulder was in I thought he was done, and maybe not ready for next year either.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Pregame: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #46) [message #785157 is a reply to message #785156 ]
Sat, 15 May 2021 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

1 Cup

Skookum Jim wrote on Sat, 15 May 2021 06:33

Heard projections that Koekkoke is in as well.. I'm super surprised this guy is ready to play, after seeing that x-ray of the mess his shoulder was in I thought he was done, and maybe not ready for next year either.

Bone breaks are straightforward though. So long as his there was no other damage it’s just a matter of setting the break and then 6-8 weeks. And with an upper body injury he could likely keep his cardio up too. Still, I’m not certain where he fits into the lineup at this point.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Pregame: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #46) [message #785160 is a reply to message #785157 ]
Sat, 15 May 2021 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Sat, 15 May 2021 07:20

Bone breaks are straightforward though. So long as his there was no other damage it’s just a matter of setting the break and then 6-8 weeks. And with an upper body injury he could likely keep his cardio up too. Still, I’m not certain where he fits into the lineup at this point.

That's just it, there were breaks, but the whole joint capsule looked displaced, which would have meant a torn labrum, torn rotator cuffs.. which would have bee a mess worse than Klefboms..
Miracle.. or... maybe McDavid hooked him up with his medical team? :)

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Pregame: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #46) [message #785167 is a reply to message #785160 ]
Sat, 15 May 2021 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Skookum Jim wrote on Sat, 15 May 2021 10:13

CrudeRemarks wrote on Sat, 15 May 2021 07:20

That's just it, there were breaks, but the whole joint capsule looked displaced, which would have meant a torn labrum, torn rotator cuffs.. which would have bee a mess worse than Klefboms..
Miracle.. or... maybe McDavid hooked him up with his medical team? :)

Gonna be an amazing documentary.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Pregame: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #46) [message #785163 is a reply to message #785156 ]
Sat, 15 May 2021 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GabbyDugan  is currently offline GabbyDugan

No Cups

Gregor has twittered that Stalock will be the backup.

Re: Pregame: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #46) [message #785164 is a reply to message #785163 ]
Sat, 15 May 2021 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

GabbyDugan wrote on Sat, 15 May 2021 11:31

Hey, at least he's getting some game experience in throwing a game Jersey on and getting comfortable with the end of the bench.

Re: Pregame: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #46) [message #785168 is a reply to message #785164 ]
Sat, 15 May 2021 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

K.McC#24 wrote on Sat, 15 May 2021 11:34

GabbyDugan wrote on Sat, 15 May 2021 11:31

Hey, at least he's getting some game experience in throwing a game Jersey on and getting comfortable with the end of the bench.

Koski starting, he has an 85% chance of going in net.

Re: Pregame: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #46) [message #785165 is a reply to message #785163 ]
Sat, 15 May 2021 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Lineup from Friday practice.

https://www.nhl.com/oilers/news/projected-lineup-oilers-vs-c anucks-051521/c-324712612

Here were Edmonton's line combos, defence pairs and starting goalies from Friday's session.

Forwards:

Kahun - McDavid - Puljujärvi

RNH - Draisaitl - Yamamoto

Neal - Haas - Chiasson

Nygard - Khaira - Archibald

Defence:

Nurse - Barrie

Kulikov - Larsson

Koekkoek - Bear

Goal:

Koskinen

Smith

Re: Pregame: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #46) [message #785166 is a reply to message #785165 ]
Sat, 15 May 2021 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

And from NHL.com

Regular season
CANUCKS (21-28-3) at OILERS (35-18-2)
3:30 p.m. ET; NHLN, ESPN+, SN, NHL.TV

Canucks projected lineup

Nils Hoglander -- J.T. Miller -- Brock Boeser

Tanner Pearson -- Bo Horvat -- Matthew Highmore

Marc Michaelis -- Tyler Graovac -- Jayce Hawryluk

Jimmy Vesey -- Travis Boyd -- Zack MacEwen

Alexander Edler -- Nate Schmidt

Quinn Hughes -- Tyler Myers

Olli Juolevi -- Travis Hamonic

Thatcher Demko

Braden Holtby

Scratched: Jalen Chatfield, Jack Rathbone, Kole Lind

Injured: Brandon Sutter (upper body), Tyler Motte (undisclosed), Antoine Roussel (lower body), Jay Beagle (undisclosed), Justin Bailey (shoulder), Micheal Ferland (head)

Oilers projected lineup

Dominik Kahun -- Connor McDavid -- Jesse Puljujarvi

Ryan Nugent-Hopkins -- Leon Draisaitl -- Kailer Yamamoto

James Neal -- Ryan McLeod -- Alex Chiasson

Joakim Nygard -- Jujhar Khaira -- Josh Archibald

Darnell Nurse -- Tyson Barrie

Dmitry Kulikov -- Adam Larsson

Slater Koekkoek -- Ethan Bear

Mikko Koskinen

Mike Smith

Scratched: Alex Stalock, Devin Shore, Caleb Jones

Injured: Gaetan Haas (undisclosed), Zack Kassian (undisclosed), Kris Russell (lower body)

Status report

Koekkoek will return after missing 35 games with a broken collarbone ... Nygard is expected to play after missing 11 games with an undisclosed injury.

---

Re: Pregame: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #46) [message #785175 is a reply to message #785165 ]
Sat, 15 May 2021 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam is currently online Adam

6 Cups

GabbyDugan wrote on Sat, 15 May 2021 11:36

Nygard with the opportunity to finally get his goal and leave Patrick Russell alone with the coveted Rieder Trophy.

Also - sometimes I think Tippett just trolls fans. Koekkoek in, and Bouchard sitting once more is just hilarious.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Pregame: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #46) [message #785177 is a reply to message #785175 ]
Sat, 15 May 2021 13:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Adam wrote on Sat, 15 May 2021 13:31

Nygard with the opportunity to finally get his goal and leave Patrick Russell alone with the coveted Rieder Trophy.

Also - sometimes I think Tippett just trolls fans. Koekkoek in, and Bouchard sitting once more is just hilarious.

You gotta figure out what you have with koekkoek. Is he a top pairing guy? Needs the opportunity in case Barrie leaves this offseason.

Re: Pregame: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #46) [message #785181 is a reply to message #785177 ]
Sat, 15 May 2021 13:43 Go to previous message

2 Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Sat, 15 May 2021 13:36

Adam wrote on Sat, 15 May 2021 13:31

You gotta figure out what you have with koekkoek. Is he a top pairing guy? Needs the opportunity in case Barrie leaves this offseason.

Don't forget development. A guy with Koekkoek's projected upside and future with the franchise can't be allowed to stagnate and not play in the big meaningful games.....

.....hey, is that Bouch as the 7th D on the pine? Wow!

[Updated on: Sat, 15 May 2021 13:51]

Re: Pregame: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #46) [message #785171 is a reply to message #785154 ]
Sat, 15 May 2021 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

With a W, the Oilers would have more wins than the dominant leafs.

Previous Topic:GDT: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #46)
Next Topic:Review: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #37)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca