This day on April 24
None

Happy Birthday To: foxbird, sspOILERS, hazmat, Tarnom, RankinSpankin

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: Edmonton @ Vancouver (Game #41)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Review: Edmonton @ Vancouver (Game #41) [message #784336]
Tue, 04 May 2021 22:30 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final

Score Prediction
Login To See Your Results
No one predicted this!

Edmonton to win: 0%
Vancouver to win: 0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Vancouver (Game #41) [message #784337 is a reply to message #784336 ]
Tue, 04 May 2021 22:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

1 Cup

Good game. No complaints. Every player did what is expected of them. Stars scored, goalie saved, roster insertions played well.
That is how a team beats a bad team.

Survivor LX(I) and 67 Champ(i)on

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 12:21

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Vancouver (Game #41) [message #784339 is a reply to message #784337 ]
Tue, 04 May 2021 22:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
travgwhite  is currently offline travgwhite

No Cups

One game sample but I think we have a Barrie replacement. No need to overpay Barrie. He came here to inflate his free agent dollars and succeeded. Nurse, Bear, Bouch, Broberg. Hope we keep Lar. Expose Klef, we dont know his health. With that said I wish we could keep him with this group.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Vancouver (Game #41) [message #784348 is a reply to message #784339 ]
Tue, 04 May 2021 23:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

travgwhite wrote on Tue, 04 May 2021 21:45

One game sample but I think we have a Barrie replacement. No need to overpay Barrie. He came here to inflate his free agent dollars and succeeded. Nurse, Bear, Bouch, Broberg. Hope we keep Lar. Expose Klef, we dont know his health. With that said I wish we could keep him with this group.

Yeah that Bouchard wrister was a laser.. we haven't had that from the point forever..

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Vancouver (Game #41) [message #784350 is a reply to message #784348 ]
Tue, 04 May 2021 23:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Tue, 04 May 2021 23:09

Yeah that Bouchard wrister was a laser.. we haven't had that from the point forever..

Also a really smart play. Could have just wasted the slapper in to the crowd, but instead faked, moved to a better position, got the screen he wanted and released.

Saw something similar on his first goal this year. He's got the huge power when he wants to use it, but he's smart enough when to know to use a different approach.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Vancouver (Game #41) [message #784352 is a reply to message #784350 ]
Tue, 04 May 2021 23:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Adam wrote on Tue, 04 May 2021 22:25

Also a really smart play. Could have just wasted the slapper in to the crowd, but instead faked, moved to a better position, got the screen he wanted and released.

Saw something similar on his first goal this year. He's got the huge power when he wants to use it, but he's smart enough when to know to use a different approach.

yeah he seems to avoid shinpads, a welcome change!

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Vancouver (Game #41) [message #784355 is a reply to message #784352 ]
Wed, 05 May 2021 05:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

1 Cup

Skookum Jim wrote on Wed, 05 May 2021 02:51

Sekera 2.0? icon_lol

Seriously though, he is so different than anything we've had in forever - I am simply not used to seeing the plays he makes. I love it.

Also - when Russell is not playing, we hardly ever see any more close your eyes and wrap it around the boards from our D. I can't begin to tell you how great it is to watch a game and not be subjected to that crap.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Vancouver (Game #41) [message #784381 is a reply to message #784355 ]
Wed, 05 May 2021 13:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Mike wrote on Wed, 05 May 2021 04:49

Skookum Jim wrote on Wed, 05 May 2021 02:51

Sekera 2.0? icon_lol

Seriously though, he is so different than anything we've had in forever - I am simply not used to seeing the plays he makes. I love it.

Also - when Russell is not playing, we hardly ever see any more close your eyes and wrap it around the boards from our D. I can't begin to tell you how great it is to watch a game and not be subjected to that crap.

The classic "Shinpad Assassin"

Bouchard casually sifting in a wrister laser beam from the point kind of reminds me of guys like Rafalski, Leetch, Neidermeyer, point men we've never had in recent memory.

That's a dangerous weapon, especially if you're mobile enough to change shooting lanes before you release it, goalie and opposition can't set up for it, reaction time available is so much less, even as good as Barrie has been this year, his point shot rarely gets through...

Good Times! 👍🏻 icon_nod

[Updated on: Wed, 05 May 2021 17:04]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Vancouver (Game #41) [message #784356 is a reply to message #784336 ]
Wed, 05 May 2021 07:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

I’d like to see the Nugent-Hopkins line against the Habs. I feel that they are going to be too small, but I like what they did in their first 2 games.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Vancouver (Game #41) [message #784357 is a reply to message #784356 ]
Wed, 05 May 2021 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

inverno76 wrote on Wed, 05 May 2021 07:37

I’d like to see the Nugent-Hopkins line against the Habs. I feel that they are going to be too small, but I like what they did in their first 2 games.

I totally agree with you. That line looks really good right now. Everyone of them on that line has had golden opportunities. I think Yamo is snake bitten and in his head as he's had the most. I think a big part of that lines success is Nuge has probably played his 2 best games easily this year. I wonder if the game Tippett decided to reunite McD and Leon and he started rookie McLeod not Nuge as the second line center that was the wake up call Nuge needed as he's been very good since. But I do wonder if a line where Nuge at 6'0 184 soaking wet is the size on the line can function in the playoffs. That isn't just against the Habs but in general because playoff hockey slows down, it gets meaner, nastier and the refs let a ton of stuff go.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Vancouver (Game #41) [message #784359 is a reply to message #784357 ]
Wed, 05 May 2021 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Greg  is currently offline Greg

No Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Wed, 05 May 2021 08:53

the refs let a ton of stuff go.

This should be a net positive for the Oilers. They've had to deal with the refs letting stuff go against them all year. It can't get much worse than it already is.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Vancouver (Game #41) [message #784358 is a reply to message #784356 ]
Wed, 05 May 2021 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

I'm not sure what that shoulder to the chin did to Nuge or how those 4 games helped him, but his play is much improved since his return, his play is more engaged and agile, talking with teammates on the bench. It's like he snapped out of something.

I think for the playoffs, though, that 2nd line will eventually need either 29 at center or 13 on the wing. Probably gotta have a size element in there. I want to see Yams pot some goals and his confidence get up there. That line needs to be rewarded in general 5v5.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Vancouver (Game #41) [message #784388 is a reply to message #784358 ]
Wed, 05 May 2021 14:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

K.McC#24 wrote on Wed, 05 May 2021 08:59

I'm not sure what that shoulder to the chin did to Nuge or how those 4 games helped him, but his play is much improved since his return, his play is more engaged and agile, talking with teammates on the bench. It's like he snapped out of something.

I think for the playoffs, though, that 2nd line will eventually need either 29 at center or 13 on the wing. Probably gotta have a size element in there. I want to see Yams pot some goals and his confidence get up there. That line needs to be rewarded in general 5v5.

Hoping Yamamoto pots an ugly one soon and goes on a heater. He’s generating opportunities. Just needs some luck to go his way.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Vancouver (Game #41) [message #784390 is a reply to message #784388 ]
Wed, 05 May 2021 15:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

inverno76 wrote on Wed, 05 May 2021 14:54

Hoping Yamamoto pots an ugly one soon and goes on a heater. He’s generating opportunities. Just needs some luck to go his way.

He does seem like a streaky player. Get one or two ugly ones and maybe everything turns around for a while. Doing it in the playoffs would be nice...

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Vancouver (Game #41) [message #784399 is a reply to message #784388 ]
Wed, 05 May 2021 17:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

I don't worry too much about guys whose numbers are down as long as they're getting looks and doing the things to get those looks. Nuge is down but could easily be 5-10 goals, 15 pts better. KY significantly down but doing the work and getting chances. I'm here to say that Kahun shouldnt still be in the top 6 and still getting opportunities, because there's been a vastness of nothing in his game for most of the season regardless of who his center is, but I like his last 2 or 3 outings.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Vancouver (Game #41) [message #784403 is a reply to message #784399 ]
Wed, 05 May 2021 17:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

K.McC#24 wrote on Wed, 05 May 2021 17:03

I don't worry too much about guys whose numbers are down as long as they're getting looks and doing the things to get those looks. Nuge is down but could easily be 5-10 goals, 15 pts better. KY significantly down but doing the work and getting chances. I'm here to say that Kahun shouldnt still be in the top 6 and still getting opportunities, because there's been a vastness of nothing in his game for most of the season regardless of who his center is, but I like his last 2 or 3 outings.

Speaking of not getting enough done - I would like to see McLeod start getting shots. 2 shots in 5 games just isn't enough. I like his wheels, but he needs to start moving things towards the goal at some point.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Vancouver (Game #41) [message #784411 is a reply to message #784403 ]
Wed, 05 May 2021 19:32 Go to previous message

2 Cups

Adam wrote on Wed, 05 May 2021 17:23

K.McC#24 wrote on Wed, 05 May 2021 17:03

Speaking of not getting enough done - I would like to see McLeod start getting shots. 2 shots in 5 games just isn't enough. I like his wheels, but he needs to start moving things towards the goal at some point.

Hopefully McDavid or Draisaitl give him some advice. Like most young players, he needs to trust his abilities and what got him promoted to the NHL. It’s not like he’s not getting opportunities to shoot or take it to the net, it just looks like he’s deferring to the vets. At this time it looks 100% like a confidence issue. Coaches can guide him, but it might resonate from the player leadership group.

He does have a nice skill set and his wheels are quick and shifty. Lots to like. That being said, maybe he’s not ready for the NHL yet? Wouldn’t be the first that needed to bounce back and forth a few times.

Previous Topic:GDT: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #55)
Next Topic:Review: Edmonton @ Vancouver (Game #54)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca