This day on March 29
None

Happy Birthday To: SMURDS, JRock71, Cpt Waffle, TexasOiler, Morgan99

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: Edmonton @ Winnipeg (Game #50)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Review: Edmonton @ Winnipeg (Game #50) [message #783668]
Mon, 26 April 2021 21:30 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final

Score Prediction
Login To See Your Results
No one predicted this!

Edmonton to win: 0%
Winnipeg to win: 0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Winnipeg (Game #50) [message #783669 is a reply to message #783668 ]
Mon, 26 April 2021 21:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

Smith navigates them through the early storm. The rest took care of itself.

Jets are in a bad place right now. Heh..

EDIT. Nice seeing the Habs beat the Flames before this match.

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Winnipeg (Game #50) [message #783670 is a reply to message #783669 ]
Mon, 26 April 2021 21:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sinfulchimp306  is currently offline sinfulchimp306

No Cups

Was a fun game to watch till the third

Formerly gagnerisgod.
PLAY LABAMBA BABY

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Winnipeg (Game #50) [message #783679 is a reply to message #783669 ]
Mon, 26 April 2021 22:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

g2k wrote on Mon, 26 April 2021 21:30

Tough for them to lose Ehlers for the year. That's a blow.

My favourite part of this is that it may be convincing Maurice to play his third line more than his stars in the playoff series, for fear of the head to head match-up. That would be in our favour...

Dubois/Laine deal is looking terrible for the Jets. Both marquee guys have struggled, but Jack Roslovic has 30 points in 40 games since the trade - better than both other guys by far. He's been among the best of a bad Columbus team, and Dubois hasn't been great. I barely noticed him tonight. No points, minus 2, two shots...

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Winnipeg (Game #50) [message #783683 is a reply to message #783679 ]
Mon, 26 April 2021 22:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kungpaobenji27  is currently offline kungpaobenji27

No Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 26 April 2021 23:09

My favourite part of this is that it may be convincing Maurice to play his third line more than his stars in the playoff series, for fear of the head to head match-up. That would be in our favour...

Dubois/Laine deal is looking terrible for the Jets. Both marquee guys have struggled, but Jack Roslovic has 30 points in 40 games since the trade - better than both other guys by far. He's been among the best of a bad Columbus team, and Dubois hasn't been great. I barely noticed him tonight. No points, minus 2, two shots...

Jets fans were rightfully complaining about how they should've gotten a dman in return too (preferably right shot one)....yet didn't.

Hope Archibald wasn't too hurt from that blocked shot. He left the ice attending to his hand....

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Winnipeg (Game #50) [message #783689 is a reply to message #783683 ]
Tue, 27 April 2021 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OilPeg  is currently offline OilPeg

No Cups

kungpaobenji27 wrote on Mon, 26 April 2021 23:25

Adam wrote on Mon, 26 April 2021 23:09

Jets fans were rightfully complaining about how they should've gotten a dman in return too (preferably right shot one)....yet didn't.

Hope Archibald wasn't too hurt from that blocked shot. He left the ice attending to his hand....

90% of Jet fans are happy with the trade. Dubois had a slow start after his quarantine and then got hurt but he's been good. Last night, nobody was really that good, but at least he was still physical. A RHD would've been the preference, but there was no trade to be had and the Jets have been looking for a 2C for years, so most people are happy. Roslovic is a lazy, selfish player who would never play in the Jets top-six, so his success in CBus is more to do with opportunity than ability. The ability was always there, he was just never going to get the opportunity in Winnipeg.

Oilers looked great last night. Very encouraging...they're such a better team when 97 and 29 are on different lines.

Skookum Jim wrote on Sat, 02 June 2012 00:29

But he (Belanger)'s as soft as room temp. margarine.

Skookum Jim wrote on Tue, 16 March 2021 18:49

Turris in the BOA will be like an ice cube in the Sahara.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Winnipeg (Game #50) [message #783671 is a reply to message #783668 ]
Mon, 26 April 2021 21:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Suomalainen  is currently offline Suomalainen

No Cups

Today was a good hockey day.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Winnipeg (Game #50) [message #783684 is a reply to message #783671 ]
Mon, 26 April 2021 23:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

Suomalainen wrote on Mon, 26 April 2021 21:47

Today was a good hockey day.

Such a polar opposite feeling being on the good side of the score.

This latest attempt to reunite the DRY line was its version this season. Nuge played his best hockey possibly all year tonight. Looked confident with the puck 5v5.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Winnipeg (Game #50) [message #783691 is a reply to message #783684 ]
Tue, 27 April 2021 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

Nothing really to complain about. The whole team was pretty solid. Neal didn't do much but that's nit picking. The fabled DRY line finally did something.

I thought McLeod looked good. 60% on his draws is impressive, looked fast, big. Good debut.

Kulikov looked rock solid. Good debut.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Winnipeg (Game #50) [message #783692 is a reply to message #783668 ]
Tue, 27 April 2021 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

Good effort up and down the lineup, anchored by rock solid goaltending and calmness in the defensive zone for the most part with quick and decisive zone exits. The all important early lead was achieved and instead of nursing it they went after it. The Jets had no answer.

Like the line combos, McDavid running wild on the rush, and the 2nd line looking like the line that turned it around for the Oilers last season.

I'm not sure how the Jets change this narrative other than trying to hang off Connor all the time and getting competent goaltending. My prediction is a tighter score but the same outcome next game if the Oilers play as well.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Winnipeg (Game #50) [message #783696 is a reply to message #783668 ]
Tue, 27 April 2021 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rocksteady  is currently offline Rocksteady

No Cups

Liked Kulikov 's game. Is he a significant upgrade over Russell or just a significant upgrade over Russell?

McLeod didn't look out of place at all did he? I thought he played pretty decent.

Finally Kahun on McD's wing... I thought he was serviceable there.

Good win. Do not get your hopes up about the playoff, let's just focus on one game at a time.

The very definition of insanity is doing the exact same thing expecting different results.

Generally Disappointed.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Winnipeg (Game #50) [message #783697 is a reply to message #783696 ]
Tue, 27 April 2021 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stemhovlichski  is currently offline stemhovlichski

No Cups

Rocksteady wrote on Tue, 27 April 2021 09:49

Liked Kulikov 's game. Is he a significant upgrade over Russell or just a significant upgrade over Russell?

One thing I caught was Kulikov and Larson getting mixed up at the point a few times. Kulikov appears to be more fluid in his play while the Oilers are really concentrating on the positional game this season. He moved over to Larsson's side and Larsson just stood there owning the spot instead of crossing over to the other point: "Dmitry, get back over there. This is where I go, that is where you go. Capisce?"

Much better than Russell, who always struck me as playing rover with his positioning.

Restored: "We're sucking hind banana here." - Pat Quinn, Jan 18, 2010

"...the Oilers have been rebuilding for so long that it’s hard not to be cynical." - NBC's Ryan Dadoun Jan 2, 2015

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Winnipeg (Game #50) [message #783698 is a reply to message #783697 ]
Tue, 27 April 2021 10:23 Go to previous message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

stemhovlichski wrote on Tue, 27 April 2021 10:19

Rocksteady wrote on Tue, 27 April 2021 09:49

One thing I caught was Kulikov and Larson getting mixed up at the point a few times. Kulikov appears to be more fluid in his play while the Oilers are really concentrating on the positional game this season. He moved over to Larsson's side and Larsson just stood there owning the spot instead of crossing over to the other point: "Dmitry, get back over there. This is where I go, that is where you go. Capisce?"

Much better than Russell, who always struck me as playing rover with his positioning.

I'd just like them both to play with a puck mover. Neither of them are particularly great at advancing the puck.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Previous Topic:GDT: Edmonton @ Winnipeg (Game #50)
Next Topic:MacT New old gig.
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca