This day on April 17
None

Happy Birthday To: blackgold, Doug, M00se, taisuke, oilfan2523, OilFans, EDM_oilfan6690, Darcy_183, tgdoctor

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Minors » D. HollowayPages (7): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  >  »]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: D. Holloway [message #782072 is a reply to message #769468 ]
Tue, 06 April 2021 18:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Holland said today on Stauffer that Holloway may be able to start practicing at the end of April.. so you're sayin' there's a chance ... icon_nod

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Send a private message to this user  

Re: D. Holloway [message #782075 is a reply to message #782072 ]
Tue, 06 April 2021 20:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Tue, 06 April 2021 18:19

Holland said today on Stauffer that Holloway may be able to start practicing at the end of April.. so you're sayin' there's a chance ... icon_nod

The only thing worse than expecting teenagers to save the team is rushing teenagers back from injury in hopes they can save the team. I will be completely okay with it if Holloway is still playing in the NCAA next year. I’d rather see Benson or McLeod up this spring if we need an injection of youth to rushing to sell more hope by jamming the latest first rounder in to the lineup one more time.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: D. Holloway [message #782946 is a reply to message #782075 ]
Fri, 16 April 2021 15:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

It's being reported Holloway has signed is entry level deal.

Re: D. Holloway [message #782954 is a reply to message #782946 ]
Fri, 16 April 2021 17:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Fri, 16 April 2021 14:09

Our top 2 Left winger for next season.. and/or #3C
👍🏻

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: D. Holloway [message #782956 is a reply to message #782946 ]
Fri, 16 April 2021 17:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

2 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Fri, 16 April 2021 15:09

Ugh, why would they do that?

Just let him have fun being BMOC for a full year, have a top 6 role at WJC, make a legit run at Hobey Baker, and have a cheaper year at 26 instead of 19.

Why do we keep ruining kids ny rushing them?

Re: D. Holloway [message #782957 is a reply to message #782956 ]
Fri, 16 April 2021 18:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

NetBOG wrote on Fri, 16 April 2021 16:54

Just let him have fun being BMOC for a full year, have a top 6 role at WJC, make a legit run at Hobey Baker, and have a cheaper year at 26 instead of 19.

Holloway wouldn't be eligible for U20's, need to be 19 until January 1st, 2022, he'll be 20 in September, 2021. Plus, Wisconsin will be in a rebuild, and he's put in 2 years there already.. time to move on..

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: D. Holloway [message #782967 is a reply to message #782957 ]
Sat, 17 April 2021 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Fri, 16 April 2021 18:18

NetBOG wrote on Fri, 16 April 2021 16:54

Holloway wouldn't be eligible for U20's, need to be 19 until January 1st, 2022, he'll be 20 in September, 2021. Plus, Wisconsin will be in a rebuild, and he's put in 2 years there already.. time to move on..

Fully agree here. Though, I fear some are already penciling him in as ‘The Nuge Replacement’... someone who will play 1LW or 2C depending on the situation, and I think, while it’s perfectly fine to have expectations, those expectations are quite flippin’ lofty.

Let the kid earn it. Let’s see what he can do in Bakersfield to end the year once his hand/wrist his okay and in the mean time, get McLeod up to the big club ASAP.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: D. Holloway [message #783938 is a reply to message #769468 ]
Sat, 01 May 2021 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Its first week of May, the date Tippet said Holloway's thumb might be ready, wonder if he gets to come practice with the Oil, similar to what is apparently supposed to happen with Broberg.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: D. Holloway [message #783957 is a reply to message #783938 ]
Sat, 01 May 2021 20:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Sat, 01 May 2021 14:31

Its first week of May, the date Tippet said Holloway's thumb might be ready, wonder if he gets to come practice with the Oil, similar to what is apparently supposed to happen with Broberg.

I think they need to wait until the playoffs - I believe the team only has a couple more call-ups available now - they may want to save those for guys who've played more recently.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55

Re: D. Holloway [message #784028 is a reply to message #783957 ]
Sun, 02 May 2021 05:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Adam wrote on Sat, 01 May 2021 19:20

I think they need to wait until the playoffs - I believe the team only has a couple more call-ups available now - they may want to save those for guys who've played more recently.

I think you can only call up 2 or 3 more from the taxi to the Oil roster, but can you add more to just the taxi squad (I think the limit is 6) ?
Can't Holloway or BroB go on the taxi squad on a PTO, or would they have to send 2 existing taxi squad guys down to Bakersfield to make room on the taxi list?

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: D. Holloway [message #784032 is a reply to message #784028 ]
Sun, 02 May 2021 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Sun, 02 May 2021 05:27

I think you can only call up 2 or 3 more from the taxi to the Oil roster, but can you add more to just the taxi squad (I think the limit is 6) ?
Can't Holloway or BroB go on the taxi squad on a PTO, or would they have to send 2 existing taxi squad guys down to Bakersfield to make room on the taxi list?

I believe they can expand the roster to 25 now but the taxi squad can’t be more than 6. Given cap concerns and no imagination or creativity within Oilers management, we probably can’t expand the roster before the post-season (when I believe we can go beyond 25 too).

PTO isn’t an option for either guy - they’ve both signed their first contracts.

It would surprise me if either can play in the regular season. I think the team should look at calling up Marody and Benson though. I think we could be done with Patrick Russell and no one would notice. Is Nygard still even on the team? Turris may as well be demoted too. I think those two have more potential to add something to the lineup. I don’t mind the idea of a Graves/Murphy/Gelinas type fourth line. Could be really effective - much more so than Neal/Chiasson/Shore.

Re: D. Holloway [message #784035 is a reply to message #784032 ]
Sun, 02 May 2021 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

1 Cup

Adam wrote on Sun, 02 May 2021 09:54

I believe they can expand the roster to 25 now but the taxi squad can’t be more than 6. Given cap concerns and no imagination or creativity within Oilers management, we probably can’t expand the roster before the post-season (when I believe we can go beyond 25 too).

It would surprise me if either can play in the regular season. I think the team should look at calling up Marody and Benson though. I think we could be done with Patrick Russell and no one would notice. Is Nygard still even on the team? Turris may as well be demoted too. I think those two have more potential to add something to the lineup. I don’t mind the idea of a Graves/Murphy/Gelinas type fourth line. Could be really effective - much more so than Neal/Chiasson/Shore.

I'm excited for our added cap flexibility this summer. Should allow us to buy out a couple new guys now that we're finally finished paying Pouliot.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: D. Holloway [message #784045 is a reply to message #784035 ]
Sun, 02 May 2021 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Sun, 02 May 2021 10:57

I'm excited for our added cap flexibility this summer. Should allow us to buy out a couple new guys now that we're finally finished paying Pouliot.

The only thing to be worried about is that Ken Holland has never shown himself to be really capable of managing the cap. When he's had cap space before, he's mostly just blown it on over-paying players he feels some level of loyalty to.

This summer is a massive test for him.

Re: D. Holloway [message #784050 is a reply to message #784045 ]
Sun, 02 May 2021 17:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Adam wrote on Sun, 02 May 2021 13:50

The only thing to be worried about is that Ken Holland has never shown himself to be really capable of managing the cap. When he's had cap space before, he's mostly just blown it on over-paying players he feels some level of loyalty to.

It's funny because, while I believe it could be true for the Oilers, the idea that the GM needs to manage the cap on his own is a bit silly for an organization worth hundreds of millions of dollars. There should be a team of stats people and accountants who model out all kinds of various moves, with at least a four year outlook. He should already know the potential effects of a Turris buyout when he signs him and how that might affect something like Nurse's next deal.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: D. Holloway [message #784070 is a reply to message #784050 ]
Mon, 03 May 2021 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Sun, 02 May 2021 17:13

It's funny because, while I believe it could be true for the Oilers, the idea that the GM needs to manage the cap on his own is a bit silly for an organization worth hundreds of millions of dollars. There should be a team of stats people and accountants who model out all kinds of various moves, with at least a four year outlook. He should already know the potential effects of a Turris buyout when he signs him and how that might affect something like Nurse's next deal.

Yes - the problem with the Oilers is that they don't seem overly interested in hiring people who aren't like the group already in the office. Stats geeks and loophole seekers need not apply.

Did you see how quickly Holland answered the question when asked if he considered any creative cap solutions at the deadline? They don't think it's even worth discussing.

Re: D. Holloway [message #784073 is a reply to message #784070 ]
Mon, 03 May 2021 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Adam wrote on Mon, 03 May 2021 08:57

CrudeRemarks wrote on Sun, 02 May 2021 17:13

Yes - the problem with the Oilers is that they don't seem overly interested in hiring people who aren't like the group already in the office. Stats geeks and loophole seekers need not apply.

Did you see how quickly Holland answered the question when asked if he considered any creative cap solutions at the deadline? They don't think it's even worth discussing.

Polar opposites, like Lucic and a skills coach.

Re: D. Holloway [message #784768 is a reply to message #769468 ]
Mon, 10 May 2021 15:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Holloway signs an AHL contract, practicing with Condors..
At a minimum good to get in a few games in as a Condor.. and.. possible call up if the Oil go deep into the playoffs? icon_nod (me) icon_nod (Oscar?)
Anyone know the rules regarding call ups from the farm in the playoffs? Probably need a 2-way contract?
https://twitter.com/Condors/status/1391822868674088961

[Updated on: Mon, 10 May 2021 15:41]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: D. Holloway [message #784813 is a reply to message #784768 ]
Mon, 10 May 2021 20:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Mon, 10 May 2021 15:08

Holloway signs an AHL contract, practicing with Condors..
At a minimum good to get in a few games in as a Condor.. and.. possible call up if the Oil go deep into the playoffs? icon_nod (me) icon_nod (Oscar?)
Anyone know the rules regarding call ups from the farm in the playoffs? Probably need a 2-way contract?
https://twitter.com/Condors/status/1391822868674088961

I like it!!! Quick recovery, no? I figured he’d be out for the remainder. Him flying on that left side of Connor and Jesse would be simply stunning!

I believe it’s a 2-way needed to be allowed to get called up. Still, good for them to get him in some games down there.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: D. Holloway [message #784815 is a reply to message #784813 ]
Mon, 10 May 2021 20:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GabbyDugan  is currently offline GabbyDugan

No Cups

Holloway has previously signed an entry level deal.

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/dylan-holloway

I'm not sure with taxi squads and playoff and weird call up limitations how it would work i he get called up from Bakersfield.

Re: D. Holloway [message #784833 is a reply to message #784815 ]
Tue, 11 May 2021 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

GabbyDugan wrote on Mon, 10 May 2021 20:28

I'm not sure with taxi squads and playoff and weird call up limitations how it would work i he get called up from Bakersfield.

Oooh this is true!!!

I think there’s a max of 4 call ups from the A. Something about protecting vets

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: D. Holloway [message #784845 is a reply to message #784833 ]
Tue, 11 May 2021 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Tue, 11 May 2021 01:03

Oooh this is true!!!

I believe it's a little more open in the playoffs. Although chances of Tippett being comfortable throwing a teenager in to the mix in a playoff series is pretty low unless we're decimated by injuries.

I still think Benson should be up though...

Re: D. Holloway [message #784930 is a reply to message #784845 ]
Wed, 12 May 2021 08:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Adam wrote on Tue, 11 May 2021 08:51

Oooh this is true!!!

I believe it's a little more open in the playoffs. Although chances of Tippett being comfortable throwing a teenager in to the mix in a playoff series is pretty low unless we're decimated by injuries.

Benson's big knock is he's not supposed to possess NHL speed, but if I look at some of the forward options in the Oiler bottom 6, I find it hard to imagine Benson could be much slower, and might be even faster. Benson always had elite skill, and played a physical game, good cycle, sound defensively, which he has currently put together in Bakersfield. After seeing MacLeod's game in the NHL, I'm thinking Benson's projected NHL game may have been underestimated by the Oilers.

Heard from Stauffer and Spector yesterday that they've each talked to different NHL scouts who say they'd take Benson on their NHL team, and think that Seattle might even pick him up if left unprotected. Just Stauffer/Spector, but if true might be a case where the team has misevaluated a legitimate prospect.

[Updated on: Wed, 12 May 2021 08:50]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: D. Holloway [message #784941 is a reply to message #784930 ]
Wed, 12 May 2021 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Wed, 12 May 2021 08:48

Adam wrote on Tue, 11 May 2021 08:51

Oooh this is true!!!

Benson's big knock is he's not supposed to possess NHL speed, but if I look at some of the forward options in the Oiler bottom 6, I find it hard to imagine Benson could be much slower, and might be even faster. Benson always had elite skill, and played a physical game, good cycle, sound defensively, which he has currently put together in Bakersfield. After seeing MacLeod's game in the NHL, I'm thinking Benson's projected NHL game may have been underestimated by the Oilers.

Heard from Stauffer and Spector yesterday that they've each talked to different NHL scouts who say they'd take Benson on their NHL team, and think that Seattle might even pick him up if left unprotected. Just Stauffer/Spector, but if true might be a case where the team has misevaluated a legitimate prospect.

I thought he looked good when up last year. Just one assist in 7 games so he didn't light the world on fire, but I don't think he had any time up the lineup, and our depth lines have sucked so bad at putting up points, it's not like it's going to get worse. I wouldn't mind playing him with McLeod - they have some familiarity there and maybe they would defer less if playing with a peer. Give them small minutes at first if need be, but seriously - Patrick Russell has played in 15% of the Oilers games this year...I don't think Benson could add less.

Re: D. Holloway [message #785034 is a reply to message #769468 ]
Thu, 13 May 2021 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Bakersfield playing tonight, interesting to see if Holloway gets in, Woodcroft had said he'd likely put up with Benson and Marody if/when he did play.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: D. Holloway [message #785085 is a reply to message #785034 ]
Thu, 13 May 2021 20:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Thu, 13 May 2021 08:30

Bakersfield playing tonight, interesting to see if Holloway gets in, Woodcroft had said he'd likely put up with Benson and Marody if/when he did play.

He’s not in tonight, still day to day. But when he’s in!!! Giv’er beans Hollsy 😉

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: D. Holloway [message #785096 is a reply to message #785085 ]
Thu, 13 May 2021 22:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Thu, 13 May 2021 19:00

Skookum Jim wrote on Thu, 13 May 2021 08:30

He’s not in tonight, still day to day. But when he’s in!!! Giv’er beans Hollsy 😉

I read over on Lowetide that Holloway won't play any of the final regular season games, might get in for a few Condor playoff games.. and.. I'm thinking maybe round 3 of the NHL payoffs? icon_nod

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: D. Holloway [message #786007 is a reply to message #785096 ]
Sun, 23 May 2021 18:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Holloway not dressed for what may be the Condors last game of the season,

https://theahl.com/stats/game-center/1022618

Re: D. Holloway [message #786100 is a reply to message #786007 ]
Sun, 23 May 2021 21:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

GabbyDugan wrote on Sun, 23 May 2021 17:34

Holloway not dressed for what may be the Condors last game of the season,

https://theahl.com/stats/game-center/1022618

Best of only 3? Well one more game.. don't think he's in though.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: D. Holloway [message #786786 is a reply to message #769468 ]
Fri, 28 May 2021 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

https://twitter.com/jasongregor/status/1396978323167748097?s =21

Dylan Holloway didn't play in either Bakersfield games because last x-ray revealed his thumb wasn't completely healed. No need rushing him to play. #Condors

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: D. Holloway [message #787261 is a reply to message #786786 ]
Sat, 05 June 2021 07:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Dylan Holloway's exit interview (among others; Holloway's is at the bottom of the list). from Bakersfield included among those from other team members.

https://www.bakersfieldcondors.com/news/exit-interviews/

Even though he didn't play while he was in Bakersfield, he seems to have gained from his time down there. Hoping that thumb of his completely heals before training camp rolls around.

Re: D. Holloway [message #787263 is a reply to message #787261 ]
Sat, 05 June 2021 07:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

GabbyDugan wrote on Sat, 05 June 2021 07:03

Dylan Holloway's exit interview (among others; Holloway's is at the bottom of the list). from Bakersfield included among those from other team members.

https://www.bakersfieldcondors.com/news/exit-interviews/

Even though he didn't play while he was in Bakersfield, he seems to have gained from his time down there. Hoping that thumb of his completely heals before training camp rolls around.

Look at that beard!! He’s looking like a young Taylor Hall!

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: D. Holloway [message #791832 is a reply to message #787263 ]
Wed, 15 September 2021 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Hope he has a complete recovery from the second surgery and he recovers better than ever, like a pitcher after Tommy John surgery.

[Updated on: Wed, 15 September 2021 11:05]

Re: D. Holloway [message #795689 is a reply to message #769468 ]
Thu, 09 December 2021 15:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Pretty clear we should give up on this guy. He’s done nothing since the start of the season. Invisible. Benson 2.0 as RDOF would say.

Re: D. Holloway [message #795694 is a reply to message #795689 ]
Thu, 09 December 2021 17:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Thu, 09 December 2021 15:45

Pretty clear we should give up on this guy. He’s done nothing since the start of the season. Invisible. Benson 2.0 as RDOF would say.

Invisible and injury prone. The only way he could be worse is if he was named Taylor Hall.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: D. Holloway [message #795754 is a reply to message #795689 ]
Fri, 10 December 2021 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Thu, 09 December 2021 15:45

I am very high on Holloway and see zero comparisons between he and Benson.

Holloway is fast, aggressive, plays with an edge, can play center or wing, has a good shot and has size. At barely over 20, he's 6'1, 203 so in a year or 2 from now as he finishes filling out, he could be at 210+. At 18/19 years old playing college hockey where he is going up against guys that could be 20, 21, 22, maybe 23, he scored 1.52 pts per game. He had 35 pts in 23 games. If he played a full season which I think is around 35 games, that's 53 pts. That's impressive. In college he was excellent at faceoffs which is another asset. So I see a player who could play center or wing in any of the Oilers top 3 lines while bringing size, speed, tenacity and skill who's proven to date that he can score at a very high rate playing against much older players. The big thing, HE'S 20! So he hasn't even scratched the surface of his career or potential again.

In Benson, he will be 24 yrs old in March. So he's done filling out. He's listed at 6'0, 190. So not small but not big. Skating is definitely not a strength of his and will be something that in my opinion holds him back as the NHL games continues to get faster. He's not a soft player but he's not aggressive or physical though I see he's trying to reinvent himself to survive to try to at least do some of that though I don't see him doing a ton of it. But kudos to him. He's a left winger and only a left winger. He doesn't have a very good shot and doesn't score a lot of goals. He's a set up man and as a winger I think it is difficult to excel as a set up man if you play wing. From every scouting report I have seen, he is a cerebral, set up man who's skating isn't great and defensive isn't a strong suit. So for him to excel, I think he needs to be paired with a couple of speedy, shooters. I do not think he is fast enough to be a top 6 guy. So I see a very limited player in where you can play him because not many teams have bottom 6 guys who are speedy, shooting finishers. If he played center, then it might be a little easier to find a place for him.

Then I look at production. Holloway when we was 18/19 playing against guys who were 1-4 yrs older than him, who would be bigger and stronger, he was a 1.52 pts per game player. I look at Benson at the same age in junior where when you are 19, your are one of the older players in the league. So Benson would be bigger and stronger than most of the guys he goes up against, he scored 42 pts in 33 games. So 1.27 pts per game. When he was 20 so one of the oldest players in the league, he scored 1.19 pts per game. So Benson in junior was a pretty good player going up against players who he was mostly older than but not a dominate player. Holloway was a dominate player going up against mostly players he was younger than.

So the difference between the players is, in Benson I see a player who lacks some of the main skills you need to succeed which is speed but for him to have a chance to excel, he needs a very specific role and you have to have certain types of players to play him with. At just about 24, he's a grown man who while he could improve a little, has probably completed most of his development. So what you see is probably what you get. In Holloway, I see a much bigger player who has all the skills the NHL requires. He's a multi positional player who you should be able to play up and down your lines and get contributions. He's scored at all levels and most recently was a dominate player going up against mostly players you are a lot older than him. AND he's only barely 20 so he's not done growing and hasn't even started his pro development yet.

Re: D. Holloway [message #795755 is a reply to message #795754 ]
Fri, 10 December 2021 14:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dragon_Matt  is currently offline Dragon_Matt

No Cups

Anyone else see that bird fly overhead?

Re: D. Holloway [message #795757 is a reply to message #795754 ]
Fri, 10 December 2021 16:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

RDOilerfan wrote on Fri, 10 December 2021 13:28

Holloway when we was 18/19 playing against guys who were 1-4 yrs older than him

In Edmonton it's not about being able to play against guys who are older, it's about being able to play with them.

Re: D. Holloway [message #795759 is a reply to message #769468 ]
Fri, 10 December 2021 18:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

It will be interesting to see how he’s handled whenever he’s finally ready to roll again.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: D. Holloway [message #795761 is a reply to message #795759 ]
Fri, 10 December 2021 18:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Fri, 10 December 2021 18:07

It will be interesting to see how he’s handled whenever he’s finally ready to roll again.

Something tells me Tippett has had enough of rookies. He'd no doubt rather have Josh Archibald back than Holloway.

Re: D. Holloway [message #795762 is a reply to message #795761 ]
Fri, 10 December 2021 18:19 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Fri, 10 December 2021 18:16

Something tells me Tippett has had enough of rookies. He'd no doubt rather have Josh Archibald back than Holloway.

Definitely a pattern of the tip looking for the safe and familiar option almost all the time. Even if it means coaching like he's playing a video game and playing one guy a million minutes through 6 periods of hockey.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: D. Holloway [message #795766 is a reply to message #795762 ]
Fri, 10 December 2021 20:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Fri, 10 December 2021 18:19

Adam wrote on Fri, 10 December 2021 18:16

Definitely a pattern of the tip looking for the safe and familiar option almost all the time. Even if it means coaching like he's playing a video game and playing one guy a million minutes through 6 periods of hockey.

Saw someone on Twitter today mentioning about the Bear story how wild it was that because of one errant pass Tippett decided to go to four defence for the next HOUR of hockey. Just ridiculous.

Pages (7): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  >  »]  
Previous Topic:Oilers prospect Max Wanner Suspended by WHL
Next Topic:Oilers sign Justin Bailey
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca