This day on April 23
None

Happy Birthday To: Ramone, Giant Moo, mogal, booyaka!, Blue Thunder, BDR1

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #56)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #56) [message #782527]
Sat, 10 April 2021 22:30 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final

Score Prediction
Login To See Your Results
No one predicted this!

Edmonton to win: 0%
Calgary to win: 0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #56) [message #782529 is a reply to message #782527 ]
Sat, 10 April 2021 22:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

Fuhget abat it

Get your week of practice in, get Nuge back, get whatever pieces Holland brings in and

DOWN THE STRETCH WE COME

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #56) [message #782530 is a reply to message #782529 ]
Sat, 10 April 2021 22:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
watchman  is currently offline watchman

1 Cup

If TIPP doesn't think BOUCHARD is an improvement, and TIPP won't be replaced by someone who does... then I have a lot of time adding OLESKIAK(sp). A big mean D who, like Larsson, doesn't mind hurting anything in front of him. icon_nod

...this time, it's for real (isn't it?).

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #56) [message #782531 is a reply to message #782527 ]
Sat, 10 April 2021 22:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

mcdavid on having to play the day of cave's celebration of life: "you'd like the nhl to maybe think that one through a little bit. ultimately, our performance wasn't good enough. I don't want to make excuses. they were better than us, but i think you're asking a lot from guys to sit through something like that and remember your teammate and see what they're going through, the whole family, and expect to preform that night. I don't know what the league was really thinking there. I don't want to make excuses, I can't stress that enough, but it's obviously a hard day. it's a hard day for the cave family, it's a hard day for emily and her family and it's a hard day for (EDM/BOS).“

[Updated on: Sat, 10 April 2021 22:59]

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #56) [message #782537 is a reply to message #782531 ]
Sun, 11 April 2021 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Sat, 10 April 2021 22:54

mcdavid on having to play the day of cave's celebration of life: "you'd like the nhl to maybe think that one through a little bit. ultimately, our performance wasn't good enough. I don't want to make excuses. they were better than us, but i think you're asking a lot from guys to sit through something like that and remember your teammate and see what they're going through, the whole family, and expect to preform that night. I don't know what the league was really thinking there. I don't want to make excuses, I can't stress that enough, but it's obviously a hard day. it's a hard day for the cave family, it's a hard day for emily and her family and it's a hard day for (EDM/BOS).“

It puts things in perspective. Sometimes we forget they are human. Looks like the NHL forgets this too. Saturday night network commitment usurped human emotions. Would’ve been impossible to ask Toronto or Montreal to move back their cushy 5pm CST puck drop time.

Hopefully this is an ignition source for the rest of the season.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #56) [message #782532 is a reply to message #782527 ]
Sat, 10 April 2021 23:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55 is currently online Kr55

6 Cups

Ken Holland @FakeOilersGM

well the important thing is that Evan Bouchard didn’t play tonight

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #56) [message #782533 is a reply to message #782527 ]
Sat, 10 April 2021 23:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim is currently online Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Bring in Bouchard and maybe even fly in some Condors, McLeod for sure, maybe even Lennstrom, anybody that's more mobile than what we have out there now.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #56) [message #782536 is a reply to message #782533 ]
Sun, 11 April 2021 03:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

1 Cup

Recorded this and watched it this morning. Wish I hadn’t. Oh well, move on.

As for the broadcast - I’m all for “diversity and inclusion”, but shouldn’t there be a minimum competency requirement? Must we be subjected to this team every week? Dear god they’re bad. Is there a PPV option to get Cuthbert or Hughson or someone else? It really diminishes the experience of watching the game. Nails on a chalkboard.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #56) [message #782566 is a reply to message #782536 ]
Sun, 11 April 2021 18:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

Mike wrote on Sun, 11 April 2021 03:31

As for the broadcast - I’m all for “diversity and inclusion”, but shouldn’t there be a minimum competency requirement? Must we be subjected to this team every week? Dear god they’re bad. Is there a PPV option to get Cuthbert or Hughson or someone else? It really diminishes the experience of watching the game. Nails on a chalkboard.

When Louie is with this guy it isn't bad, if I'm being honest he's still better than Kevin Quinn. When he's with Cassie though, it's like 7/8 D playing 25 min/night.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #56) [message #782571 is a reply to message #782566 ]
Sun, 11 April 2021 19:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

K.McC#24 wrote on Sun, 11 April 2021 18:01

Mike wrote on Sun, 11 April 2021 03:31

When Louie is with this guy it isn't bad, if I'm being honest he's still better than Kevin Quinn. When he's with Cassie though, it's like 7/8 D playing 25 min/night.

I don’t think Cassie’s great when it’s not the Flames but the homerism when she’s covering a Flames game is so over the top. Could they not find someone who isn’t married to a member of the Flames’ management team?

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #56) [message #782632 is a reply to message #782571 ]
Mon, 12 April 2021 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

I was pretty disappointed to hear that the Oilers had this memorial on the books for a while and the league just ignored it and scheduled a game because another team got covid. The guys planned on being there, they couldn't so that would probably bother them a little. Then you go and instead of doing a morning skate, you go sit in a big room and watch a video link of your teammate and friends wife crying about Cave and how great of a guy he is, how missed he is, etc. I am sure they had some video tribute of clips of him with his wife, family, guys on the team, even pictures and clips of him playing and practicing with the guys in that room watching. I am sure that was emotionally draining.

I think about the last funeral I was at where someone young died. A buddies sister who wasn't even 40 had an aneurysm and died. I knew her, partied with her a bit in my younger years, we weren't great friends but we were friends. It was sad as hell because she was a real good person and people that young shouldn't die. I was emotionally drained and I sure as hell wasn't in the mind space to go back to work. I have a desk job. I can't imagine having to go out and play professional hockey.

Sometimes things are more important than a hockey game. I am really glad McD actually said something because he rarely says a thing. Bad look on the NHL in my opinion.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #56) [message #782877 is a reply to message #782632 ]
Wed, 14 April 2021 14:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GabbyDugan  is currently offline GabbyDugan

No Cups

Lines and pairings at Wednesday's practise.

https://www.nhl.com/oilers/news/blog-all-content-from-wednes day-at-rogers-place-041421/c-323642306?tid=281885062

"Lines from the skate appeared to be:

Draisaitl - McDavid - Puljujärvi

Kahun - Haas - Yamamoto

Archibald - Khaira - Chiasson

Nygard - Shore - Kassian

Neal/Ennis - Turris - P. Russell

Defence:

Nurse - Barrie

K. Russell - Larsson

Jones - Bear

Lagesson - Bouchard

Goal:

Smith

Koskinen

Stalock"

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #56) [message #782881 is a reply to message #782877 ]
Wed, 14 April 2021 15:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

GabbyDugan wrote on Wed, 14 April 2021 14:25

https://www.nhl.com/oilers/news/blog-all-content-from-wednes day-at-rogers-place-041421/c-323642306?tid=281885062

Kahun - Haas - Yamamoto

Nygard - Shore - Kassian

Defence:

Nurse - Barrie

K. Russell - Larsson

Jones - Bear

Lagesson - Bouchard

Goal:

Smith

Koskinen

Stalock"

I wonder when we see Bouchard again, and whether Stalock will see a couple starts in the next 15 or 16 or whatever is left. They can't want him with no games before the playoffs.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #56) [message #782883 is a reply to message #782881 ]
Wed, 14 April 2021 15:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

K.McC#24 wrote on Wed, 14 April 2021 15:14

Kahun - Haas - Yamamoto

Nygard - Shore - Kassian

Defence:

Nurse - Barrie

K. Russell - Larsson

Jones - Bear

Lagesson - Bouchard

Goal:

Smith

Koskinen

Stalock"

I wonder when we see Bouchard again, and whether Stalock will see a couple starts in the next 15 or 16 or whatever is left. They can't want him with no games before the playoffs.

Pretty simple for Bouchard.

Which right shot are you taking out to give him a spot?

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #56) [message #782884 is a reply to message #782883 ]
Wed, 14 April 2021 15:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Wed, 14 April 2021 15:25

Kahun - Haas - Yamamoto

Nygard - Shore - Kassian

Defence:

Nurse - Barrie

K. Russell - Larsson

Jones - Bear

Lagesson - Bouchard

Goal:

Smith

Koskinen

Stalock"

He's already played some games on the off-side and looked fine. You can definitely get him in to the lineup on the left.

Tippett doesn't seem to be in a hurry to put him in, and from his comments on Stalock, I don't think he sees action before the Oilers have clinched unless someone gets hurt. Honestly, I'm starting to wonder if it's the same scenario for Bouchard too.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #56) [message #782888 is a reply to message #782883 ]
Wed, 14 April 2021 16:49 Go to previous message

2 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Wed, 14 April 2021 15:25

Kahun - Haas - Yamamoto

Nygard - Shore - Kassian

Defence:

Nurse - Barrie

K. Russell - Larsson

Jones - Bear

Lagesson - Bouchard

Goal:

Smith

Koskinen

Stalock"

The Vancouver game screams for Bouchard, imo. I'd give Russell or Bear a seat, or Jones and Russell switches. Bouchard is at the stage of his development where he needs to be playing rather than watching for weeks and weeks..... and it's not like he projects to be a 6/7/8 NHL D, he's going to be somewhere in the top 2 pairings his development is more important than that.

Previous Topic:Another postponement?- Oilers/Canucks Part 2
Next Topic:GDT: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #56)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca