This day on March 28
None

Happy Birthday To: miker0x, GuyF, bigmike, graveyardshift, bluemiler, jrrd, Bobfromengland

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #42)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Review: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #42) [message #781978]
Mon, 05 April 2021 19:30 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final (OT)

Score Prediction
Login To See Your Results
No one predicted this!

Edmonton to win: 0%
Montreal to win: 0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #42) [message #781984 is a reply to message #781978 ]
Mon, 05 April 2021 19:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WhoreableGuy  is currently offline WhoreableGuy

No Cups

What is it with this matchup that just gives the Oilers fits?

"Bah Gawd! Would somebody stop the damn draft!"

- Jim Ross calling the NHL Draft Lotto 2015 as the Oilers win

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #42) [message #781988 is a reply to message #781984 ]
Mon, 05 April 2021 19:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

WhoreableGuy wrote on Mon, 05 April 2021 19:40

I don’t know what this team is.

I will never bet money on an Oiler game. And if I had to, I would flip a coin. Unless it’s the Sens.

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #42) [message #781991 is a reply to message #781988 ]
Mon, 05 April 2021 19:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

g2k wrote on Mon, 05 April 2021 18:48

I will never bet money on an Oiler game. And if I had to, I would flip a coin. Unless it’s the Sens.

With the way the Refs Score Manage, nobody should bet on ANY NHL game..

Oh.. skill testing question.. when was the last time the Oilers had a 5 on 3 PP??
I can't even remember.. doesn't happen..

but I can remember killing 5 on 3 PK's though.

[Updated on: Mon, 05 April 2021 19:56]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #42) [message #781997 is a reply to message #781988 ]
Mon, 05 April 2021 21:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

1 Cup

g2k wrote on Mon, 05 April 2021 19:48

I bet on them regularly. But I bet the over.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #42) [message #781990 is a reply to message #781984 ]
Mon, 05 April 2021 19:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

WhoreableGuy wrote on Mon, 05 April 2021 18:40

82 (..AHL)
21 (smurf, slow, weak)
39 (slow, hands of stone)
74 (costly moments of dopey-ness)
93 (playing below expectations)
56 (lost his mojo)
25 (tossed up a pizza to Steak Tartar)

Smith kept them in it.

PP sucked.

OT too cute

LD looks gassed, he's playing alone out there..

Tippet should have tried loading up the 29, 97, 13 line late in the 3rd.

This should have been a win.

Oilers will be in tough to win against Sens back to back, Sens are big and fast, something Oil are not. Could easily be 2 losses.

[Updated on: Mon, 05 April 2021 19:53]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #42) [message #782000 is a reply to message #781990 ]
Mon, 05 April 2021 22:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stemhovlichski  is currently offline stemhovlichski

No Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Mon, 05 April 2021 19:50

82 (..AHL)
21 (smurf, slow, weak)
56 (lost his mojo)

Smith kept them in it.

PP sucked.

OT too cute

Oilers will be in tough to win against Sens back to back, Sens are big and fast, something Oil are not. Could easily be 2 losses.

44 (more giveaways than Oprah)

Restored: "We're sucking hind banana here." - Pat Quinn, Jan 18, 2010

"...the Oilers have been rebuilding for so long that it’s hard not to be cynical." - NBC's Ryan Dadoun Jan 2, 2015

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #42) [message #782001 is a reply to message #782000 ]
Mon, 05 April 2021 23:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

stemhovlichski wrote on Mon, 05 April 2021 21:40

82 (..AHL)
21 (smurf, slow, weak)
56 (lost his mojo)

Smith kept them in it.

PP sucked.

OT too cute

I didn't notice 44 out there.. which is probably not a good thing.. I must have missed his turn overs.. he's got to get his ass moving, there's more there.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #42) [message #782026 is a reply to message #782001 ]
Tue, 06 April 2021 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stemhovlichski  is currently offline stemhovlichski

No Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Mon, 05 April 2021 23:07

stemhovlichski wrote on Mon, 05 April 2021 21:40

82 (..AHL)
21 (smurf, slow, weak)
56 (lost his mojo)

I didn't notice 44 out there.. which is probably not a good thing.. I must have missed his turn overs.. he's got to get his ass moving, there's more there.

In fairness, the entire Oilers lineup sucked at clearing the puck out of their own end. Worst game this year for bobbling the puck on in-zone passes, miscommunication between Smith and the D, and everyone wasting clearing opportunities with floaties up the middle. Remember, Nurse used to be the top guy in the league for chipping the puck out of his zone instead of passing dangerously into the high slot.

Restored: "We're sucking hind banana here." - Pat Quinn, Jan 18, 2010

"...the Oilers have been rebuilding for so long that it’s hard not to be cynical." - NBC's Ryan Dadoun Jan 2, 2015

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #42) [message #782073 is a reply to message #782026 ]
Tue, 06 April 2021 18:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

1 Cup

The whole Bouchard thing is really starting to grate on me. He was, by my eye, easily one of the top 4 on our team every single game he played. I don’t understand what’s going on here.

Does he need to be protected from Seattle? If not, can he reach a GP threshold that would make it so? That would be the only thing that would make sense, and sadly I don’t think that is the case. So I’m back to “WHAT THE F ARE YOU GUYS DOING?!?!?!”

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #42) [message #782076 is a reply to message #782073 ]
Tue, 06 April 2021 20:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Mike wrote on Tue, 06 April 2021 18:29

The whole Bouchard thing is really starting to grate on me. He was, by my eye, easily one of the top 4 on our team every single game he played. I don’t understand what’s going on here.

Does he need to be protected from Seattle? If not, can he reach a GP threshold that would make it so? That would be the only thing that would make sense, and sadly I don’t think that is the case. So I’m back to “WHAT THE F ARE YOU GUYS DOING?!?!?!”

Bouch doesn't need protection no matter what we did with him this year. His ELC is burned no matter what now, along with an RFA year. No reason not to play him aside from either sheltering him from his confidence being destroyed, or Tippett just doesn't trust him yet.

Hope he is at least learning lots. Definitely very questionable development going on. Can't only blame the covid season. We've watched some complete crap from plenty of our D this season.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #42) [message #782014 is a reply to message #781990 ]
Tue, 06 April 2021 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

It amuses me that these comments come up every time we're about to play the Sens. They're as tough as a wet paper bag. They've got a bunch of young players that run around trying really hard and pulling a lot of pucks out of the back of their net.

They have improved as the season has gone on, and the Oilers can't look past them, but they're merely a speedbump, and the Oilers should run roughshod over them two more times. We'll be unlucky if they take even one game from us.

Sucks that we lost last night, but people are a little reactive on here lately. The defence as a whole has been playing pretty well. Every player makes mistakes sometimes and that leads to goals against sometimes, so the goal shouldn't be mistake-free hockey but rather limiting the number. The group has done better and better at that as the year has gone on. Bear is still a good player. Jones is still a decent player. Both have strengths and weaknesses, and neither are helped by the normal Edmonton fan thing where we turn on any young defenceman who makes mistakes unless they hit 30 people a game. Players shouldn't be judged solely on plays where goals happen, but on their entire games - but people tend to remember the plays that have the most impact on the final score and not the little plays during a game that happen much more often. A guy may make 30 good passes in a night, but one interception that ends up with a goal against is going to be what they remember most.

Unfortunately, coaches are sometimes susceptible to this too. The last game Bouchard played he was on for 16 shots for (none of which went in) and two against (both of which went in). That shouldn't be considered a bad night - but Tippett doesn't seem to be in any rush to put him back in the lineup as a result.

Worth noting, from what the stats read on last night - it was Larsson and Russell who were the ones most trapped in our own zone and outplayed.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #42) [message #782016 is a reply to message #782014 ]
Tue, 06 April 2021 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Adam wrote on Tue, 06 April 2021 10:43

It amuses me that these comments come up every time we're about to play the Sens. They're as tough as a wet paper bag. They've got a bunch of young players that run around trying really hard and pulling a lot of pucks out of the back of their net.

They have improved as the season has gone on, and the Oilers can't look past them, but they're merely a speedbump, and the Oilers should run roughshod over them two more times. We'll be unlucky if they take even one game from us.

Sucks that we lost last night, but people are a little reactive on here lately. The defence as a whole has been playing pretty well. Every player makes mistakes sometimes and that leads to goals against sometimes, so the goal shouldn't be mistake-free hockey but rather limiting the number. The group has done better and better at that as the year has gone on. Bear is still a good player. Jones is still a decent player. Both have strengths and weaknesses, and neither are helped by the normal Edmonton fan thing where we turn on any young defenceman who makes mistakes unless they hit 30 people a game. Players shouldn't be judged solely on plays where goals happen, but on their entire games - but people tend to remember the plays that have the most impact on the final score and not the little plays during a game that happen much more often. A guy may make 30 good passes in a night, but one interception that ends up with a goal against is going to be what they remember most.

Unfortunately, coaches are sometimes susceptible to this too. The last game Bouchard played he was on for 16 shots for (none of which went in) and two against (both of which went in). That shouldn't be considered a bad night - but Tippett doesn't seem to be in any rush to put him back in the lineup as a result.

Worth noting, from what the stats read on last night - it was Larsson and Russell who were the ones most trapped in our own zone and outplayed.

There was a moment last night, maybe on the powerplay? If so it was unit 2, Russell and Larsson were out there and it just seemed like a panic attack.

Larsson for Hall 1 for 1.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #42) [message #782018 is a reply to message #782014 ]
Tue, 06 April 2021 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Goose  is currently offline Goose

1 Cup

Adam wrote on Tue, 06 April 2021 09:43

Lowetide and others have started to talk about this, but the fact that Bouchard hasn't played a game since March 1st is becoming a problem. If Tippet isn't going to play him, then what is he doing up here? I get that the pandemic has complicated things this year, but they need to make a decision on this guy. And if they're going to keep him up then he needs to rotate in every few games. He can't be going over a month without playing a game. What kind of development plan is that?

Oilers Goal Differential
17/18: 234 GF / 263 GA (-29)
18/19: 232 GF / 274 GA (-42)
19/20 (82 game pace): 257 GF / 254 GA (+3) in 64 games
2021 (82 game pace):269 GF / 235 GA (+34) after 38 games

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #42) [message #782020 is a reply to message #782018 ]
Tue, 06 April 2021 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Goose wrote on Tue, 06 April 2021 10:55

Lowetide and others have started to talk about this, but the fact that Bouchard hasn't played a game since March 1st is becoming a problem. If Tippet isn't going to play him, then what is he doing up here? I get that the pandemic has complicated things this year, but they need to make a decision on this guy. And if they're going to keep him up then he needs to rotate in every few games. He can't be going over a month without playing a game. What kind of development plan is that?

It's called the Edmonton Special.

Look how well it worked for JP! He's killing it nowadays!

And I think Bouchard will do great in the Finnish league

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #42) [message #782022 is a reply to message #782018 ]
Tue, 06 April 2021 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kungpaobenji27  is currently offline kungpaobenji27

No Cups

Goose wrote on Tue, 06 April 2021 11:55

It's honestly not the best development plan for Bouchard. I think Tippett would feel more comfortable making bigger tweaks to the schemes, roster, etc during the course of an 82 game season. Recent quotes from Tippett about this being a shortened season in a monotonous tough division indicate he's only interested in maximizing the status quo.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #42) [message #782023 is a reply to message #782014 ]
Tue, 06 April 2021 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

1 Cup

Adam wrote on Tue, 06 April 2021 10:43

They had a rough game moving the puck.
My eye test;
Reverted to hammering the puck off the board in whatever direction they were facing. Kept them hemmed in but less direct giveaways. They seemed to allow less high danger chances as a result but a negative effect overall and wont lead to wins.
Bear/Jones were more scrambly and direct giveaways. Lead to some tense moments and chances.

Survivor LX(I) and 67 Champ(i)on

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 12:21

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #42) [message #782077 is a reply to message #782014 ]
Wed, 07 April 2021 01:23 Go to previous message

3 Cups

Sens have a 3-4 record vs Leafs, and a 4-3 record vs Habs, both teams which Oil suck against.. I wouldn't be considering these guys as a mere speed bump.. wish it were so.. Murray is out, and their backups, including once-an-Oiler-always-an-Oiler Forsberg, are playing well...

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #42) [message #781987 is a reply to message #781978 ]
Mon, 05 April 2021 19:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

Not the best goal in OT, shoulda probably had that one, thos isn't Mess in the 80s against tiny goalies with tiny pads any more.

Oilers looked rough in their own zone tonight, and lots of giveaways. The Bear/Jones pairing probably should happen. I think the effort/urgency was wanting throughout.

Be maybe a different story if Chiasson had some mitts.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #42) [message #781989 is a reply to message #781987 ]
Mon, 05 April 2021 19:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

K.McC#24 wrote on Mon, 05 April 2021 19:46

Not the best goal in OT, shoulda probably had that one.

I’m sure he would even admit he muffed that one. 😉

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #42) [message #781992 is a reply to message #781978 ]
Mon, 05 April 2021 19:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Officials are a joke. On both sides of the puck. Soft calls and then blatant calls ignored.

Disgraceful.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #42) [message #781993 is a reply to message #781978 ]
Mon, 05 April 2021 19:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kungpaobenji27  is currently offline kungpaobenji27

No Cups

I thought the refs were horrible missing two obvious tripping calls against the Habs in the third.

Still, that was a horrible giveaway by Nurse in the third though the recipient of the pass should've been more aware too.

It'd be nice to have a 2nd PP unit so that McDavid/Drai wouldn't be short on fumes at ES.

Hoping the next games against the Habs favor us but if it's any consolation....I think MTL has the team depth & pieces to upset Toronto if that's a first round matchup....

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #42) [message #781995 is a reply to message #781978 ]
Mon, 05 April 2021 20:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kudos to the Oilers. Couldn't have written a better first game story for Eric stall with Montreal.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #42) [message #781996 is a reply to message #781995 ]
Mon, 05 April 2021 20:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 05 April 2021 19:29

Kudos to the Oilers. Couldn't have written a better first game story for Eric stall with Montreal.

Classic Oilers .. NHL Welcome Wagon

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #42) [message #781998 is a reply to message #781995 ]
Mon, 05 April 2021 21:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 05 April 2021 20:29

Maybe the team needs a hard-nosed, old fashioned coach like Sutter

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #42) [message #781999 is a reply to message #781998 ]
Mon, 05 April 2021 21:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Mon, 05 April 2021 21:14

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 05 April 2021 20:29

Maybe the team needs a hard-nosed, old fashioned coach like Sutter

Let's start by playing out the nose for a 31 year old career 4th liner that can win us some more faceoffs. Then we can talk about getting a Sutter. Not THE Sutter, because he's probably gonna be the Lames GM/coach soon. But, still lots of other Sutter's out there.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #42) [message #782003 is a reply to message #781999 ]
Tue, 06 April 2021 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

Pretty disappointing game last night. For whatever reason the Habs seem to have the Oilers number. I do think part of it is the Habs big "vet" defense that basically does whatever they want. Leon gets absolutely tackled from behind. I think the Hab dman may have even grabbed him by the horse collar, sure looked like it. McD coming in on Weber full speed, about to walk around him, clubs McD down. it wasn't borderline, took the legs right out.

Not that faceoffs are the end all be all but I thought it was an indication of how they played. They got destroyed in faceoffs. 65-35. Kotkanemi, a 20 yr old, 75%. Staal a career 48% was 78%. Suzuki, 2nd yr player, 44% career, 58%. Come on fellas, bare down. TRY!!

McD, Leon, non factors. Depth scoring is important, you need it to win but no team will win very often when your top guys do nothing. They did nothing.

Nuge, Yamo, Kahun. Did you guys play? Yamo is I guess you call it sophomore jixing it hard. He needs to get going. I guess it helps drive that contract down. Nuge is reportedly turning down 5 yr deals. Seriously? Based on what should you be turning down deals? I expected a big year being a UFA, when? Does Kahun do anything ever unless tap in easy Leon lay ups?

I thought the Khaira line was pretty good.

4th line was meh.

I thought the Jones - Bear pairing was ROUGH. They got schooled all night. People keep saying Jones will be good. WHEN? I can see why the coaches are reluctant to play him. On paper he has the skillset to be decent but he is a gong show at times and SOFT. You don't have to be a banger but do you have to touch guys to play defense. I keep waiting for him to show something and it's not there. The Russell - Larsson pairing can defend at times but they struggle moving the puck which can get them in trouble.

Smith made some great saves, I thought he was good but the last one, you got to stop it in my books.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #42) [message #782007 is a reply to message #782003 ]
Tue, 06 April 2021 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Anyone else at times think the Oilers play as if they know they have a playoff spot already? Canucks who knows if they will even come back to play. Flames are 13 points out. The Oilers are in. It's just a question of seeding but at the same time, does seeding really matter that much? I am not sure match up wise, 1 team is a better match than the other. The Leafs are I guess the better team of the 4 but I think the Oilers could beat them. While it's nice to have home ice, with no fans in the stand, I don't know if it is much of an advantage.

Just seems like the Oilers at times are going through the motions. Maybe that is there style but there really wasn't a lot of intensity shown by either team last night.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #42) [message #782015 is a reply to message #782007 ]
Tue, 06 April 2021 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Tue, 06 April 2021 09:25

Anyone else at times think the Oilers play as if they know they have a playoff spot already? Canucks who knows if they will even come back to play. Flames are 13 points out. The Oilers are in. It's just a question of seeding but at the same time, does seeding really matter that much? I am not sure match up wise, 1 team is a better match than the other. The Leafs are I guess the better team of the 4 but I think the Oilers could beat them. While it's nice to have home ice, with no fans in the stand, I don't know if it is much of an advantage.

Just seems like the Oilers at times are going through the motions. Maybe that is there style but there really wasn't a lot of intensity shown by either team last night.

I think part of what you're seeing is the Tippett style of play. It's structured hockey. People aren't supposed to run around or get out of position. It's generally been working.

I do think at some point either Tippett or McDavid has to take the fine and call out the reffing. The most effective way to beat the Oilers seems to be to mug the stars all night on the nights that the refs decide they aren't interested in calling penalties. I saw a few highlights of just blatant fouls that the refs didn't call last night since they had given the Habs more penalties than us already (4-2). It's been pretty awful this year, and this whole thing about being polite and not being seen as whining just isn't working for us. Call out the league and the officials and see if it doesn't have a positive impact.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #42) [message #782021 is a reply to message #782015 ]
Tue, 06 April 2021 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Adam wrote on Tue, 06 April 2021 10:48

RDOilerfan wrote on Tue, 06 April 2021 09:25

I think part of what you're seeing is the Tippett style of play. It's structured hockey. People aren't supposed to run around or get out of position. It's generally been working.

I do think at some point either Tippett or McDavid has to take the fine and call out the reffing. The most effective way to beat the Oilers seems to be to mug the stars all night on the nights that the refs decide they aren't interested in calling penalties. I saw a few highlights of just blatant fouls that the refs didn't call last night since they had given the Habs more penalties than us already (4-2). It's been pretty awful this year, and this whole thing about being polite and not being seen as whining just isn't working for us. Call out the league and the officials and see if it doesn't have a positive impact.

I was foolish in thinking that the whole Peele situation would maybe make it so the other refs improved a little to make it less so blatantly obvious they manage the game but boy was I wrong about that. I think the reffing may have gotten worse since then. I get that no ref wants to call every single infraction on McD but call the brutal stuff. Weber chopping him down like that was brutal. Leon getting tackled from behind like that, come on. If his foot gets jammed the wrong way, he could have gotten hurt.

Previous Topic:Pregame: Edmonton @ Ottawa (Game #43)
Next Topic:GDT: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #42)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca