This day on March 28
None

Happy Birthday To: miker0x, GuyF, bigmike, graveyardshift, bluemiler, jrrd, Bobfromengland

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #34)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Review: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #34) [message #780551]
Sat, 20 March 2021 22:30 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final

Score Prediction
Login To See Your Results
No one predicted this!

Edmonton to win:   0%
Winnipeg to win:   0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #34) [message #780552 is a reply to message #780551 ]
Sat, 20 March 2021 22:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
twilson1111  is currently offline twilson1111

No Cups

I say... how delightful!

Re: Review: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #34) [message #780558 is a reply to message #780552 ]
Sat, 20 March 2021 22:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sinfulchimp306  is currently offline sinfulchimp306

No Cups

That was fun onward and upward, Montreal you're next

Formerly gagnerisgod.
PLAY LABAMBA BABY

Re: Review: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #34) [message #780554 is a reply to message #780551 ]
Sat, 20 March 2021 22:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Suomalainen  is currently offline Suomalainen

No Cups

Wow. That third period was fun with both teams playing like that. Smith was wild out there but made saves when he had to.

Re: Review: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #34) [message #780559 is a reply to message #780554 ]
Sat, 20 March 2021 22:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

1 Cup

Suomalainen wrote on Sat, 20 March 2021 22:31

Wow. That third period was fun but both teams. Smith was wild out there but made saves when he had to

Different game if he doesn't make that diving recovery after his giveaway. Did seem to be in the right spot most of the night though.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Review: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #34) [message #780561 is a reply to message #780559 ]
Sat, 20 March 2021 22:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
watchman  is currently offline watchman

1 Cup

...and, more importantly, my 4-2 score prediction finally came up. (I use 4-2 ALL the time) icon_biggrin

...this time, it's for real (isn't it?).

Re: Review: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #34) [message #780575 is a reply to message #780559 ]
Sat, 20 March 2021 23:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Sat, 20 March 2021 22:32

Wow. That third period was fun but both teams. Smith was wild out there but made saves when he had to

Different game if he doesn't make that diving recovery after his giveaway. Did seem to be in the right spot most of the night though.

He got pretty lucky a few times. That save they kept showing on DeMelo was a goal if DeMelo didn't blow it completely and put it right in to him. He's out of position and sliding the wrong way and somehow the shot goes right in to his pad. Ah well, sometimes you need a little luck.

I'd be really happy if all the teams in our division weren't constantly going to overtime. We'd have better separation but there's 22 Bettman points already in the division this year, with none to the Oilers. The Habs have been to OT TEN times (1-9), the Jets eight (6-2), Canucks eight (5-3), Maple Leafs five (3-2) and Calgary five (2-3). Thanks to all that, there's still only nine points separating 1st and 6th place in the division.

I guess we have to just keep winning.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Review: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #34) [message #780577 is a reply to message #780575 ]
Sat, 20 March 2021 23:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
welcometotheOC  is currently offline welcometotheOC

No Cups

Adam wrote on Sat, 20 March 2021 23:00

CrudeRemarks wrote on Sat, 20 March 2021 22:32

He got pretty lucky a few times. That save they kept showing on DeMelo was a goal if DeMelo didn't blow it completely and put it right in to him. He's out of position and sliding the wrong way and somehow the shot goes right in to his pad. Ah well, sometimes you need a little luck.

I'd be really happy if all the teams in our division weren't constantly going to overtime. We'd have better separation but there's 22 Bettman points already in the division this year, with none to the Oilers. The Habs have been to OT TEN times (1-9), the Jets eight (6-2), Canucks eight (5-3), Maple Leafs five (3-2) and Calgary five (2-3). Thanks to all that, there's still only nine points separating 1st and 6th place in the division.

I guess we have to just keep winning.

At least the Oilers will win any ties in points at the end of the season, yes?

Re: Review: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #34) [message #780562 is a reply to message #780551 ]
Sat, 20 March 2021 22:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WhoreableGuy  is currently offline WhoreableGuy

No Cups

This has been a fun season to watch so far!

Blessed to have McDavid.

My man, Smith! Thanks for not making me eat crow ahaha *knocks on wood*

"Bah Gawd! Would somebody stop the damn draft!"

- Jim Ross calling the NHL Draft Lotto 2015 as the Oilers win

Re: Review: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #34) [message #780563 is a reply to message #780551 ]
Sat, 20 March 2021 22:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

Saw this on twitter;

The real scoring race:
Buffalo Sabres goals: 61
Connor McDavid points: 60

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Review: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #34) [message #780566 is a reply to message #780563 ]
Sat, 20 March 2021 22:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NZ Oiler Fan  is currently offline NZ Oiler Fan

No Cups

Another two absolutely huge points. Very similar game to that last one in terms of tempo. Nuge came up with some monster defensive plays in the last couple of minutes.

Nurse continues to impress. Larsson was just a nasty SOB the entire night.
Hope Yams will be back soon. Kahun isn't bringing a lot to that second line. I liked Archibald's game tonight - guy was flying.

Oilers win, Flames lose. Always happy when that happens.

Re: Review: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #34) [message #780567 is a reply to message #780563 ]
Sat, 20 March 2021 22:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Suomalainen  is currently offline Suomalainen

No Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Sat, 20 March 2021 22:36

Saw this on twitter;

The real scoring race:
Buffalo Sabres goals: 61
Connor McDavid points: 60

Lol. If they trade Hall, McDavid wins that easy

Re: Review: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #34) [message #780592 is a reply to message #780563 ]
Sun, 21 March 2021 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HamBlaster  is currently offline HamBlaster

No Cups

How is Buffalo still such a massive tire fire?

Is Hall that much of a negative energy in a dressing room? How many good seasons have his teams had? One good season in NJ?

Re: Review: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #34) [message #780597 is a reply to message #780592 ]
Sun, 21 March 2021 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

HamBlaster wrote on Sun, 21 March 2021 10:17

Is Hall that much of a negative energy in a dressing room? How many good seasons have his teams had? One good season in NJ?

I was looking at their roster a few days back wondering the same thing. On paper they are a pretty damn good team :

Jack Eichel
Taylor Hall
Rasmus Dahlin
Victor Oloffson
Jeff Skinner
Sam Reinhart
Brandon Montour
Kyle Okposo
Rasmus Ristolainen
Cody Eakin
Eric Staal

Obviously some of the players I listed above haven’t been good this season but a couple were 2 seasons removed from being good players.

I feel like they have had a terrible time developing their talent, I remember seeing how sure fire good Casey Middlestat was going to be.
Will Dylan Cozens go down that route of being ruined staying in that organization?

Like I look at that roster and feel that’s a much better team than one that loses 13 games in a row.

Maybe “There is Something in the Water™?” (Copyright Bob Nicholson, all rights reserved)

The only positive it that they should beat the Oilers record for missing the playoffs in consecutive years.

Re: Review: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #34) [message #780601 is a reply to message #780597 ]
Sun, 21 March 2021 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kungpaobenji27  is currently offline kungpaobenji27

No Cups

WhoreableGuy wrote on Sun, 21 March 2021 12:31

I was looking at their roster a few days back wondering the same thing. On paper they are a pretty damn good team :

Jack Eichel
Taylor Hall
Rasmus Dahlin
Victor Oloffson
Jeff Skinner
Sam Reinhart
Brandon Montour
Kyle Okposo
Rasmus Ristolainen
Cody Eakin
Eric Staal

Obviously some of the players I listed above haven’t been good this season but a couple were 2 seasons removed from being good players.

I feel like they have had a terrible time developing their talent, I remember seeing how sure fire good Casey Middlestat was going to be.
Will Dylan Cozens go down that route of being ruined staying in that organization?

Like I look at that roster and feel that’s a much better team than one that loses 13 games in a row.

Maybe “There is Something in the Water™?” (Copyright Bob Nicholson, all rights reserved)

The only positive it that they should beat the Oilers record for missing the playoffs in consecutive years.

Definitely some talent up front...but probably not the right combination of guys. Those Okposo & Skinner contracts are absolutely atrocious too.

A team like Winnipeg in need of 3 more dmen to truly contend should try prying one of their blueliners.

Oilers should try snagging one/two of those forwards not named Taylor Hall as well.

Re: Review: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #34) [message #780607 is a reply to message #780597 ]
Sun, 21 March 2021 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

WhoreableGuy wrote on Sun, 21 March 2021 11:31

Jack Eichel
Taylor Hall
Rasmus Dahlin
Victor Oloffson
Jeff Skinner
Sam Reinhart
Brandon Montour
Kyle Okposo
Rasmus Ristolainen
Cody Eakin
Eric Staal

Jack Eichel - Good but disgruntled
Taylor Hall - Good but declining
Rasmus Dahlin - Toddler D with way too much pressure
Victor Oloffson - Good 2nd liner
Jeff Skinner - Gives 0 poops
Sam Reinhart - Getting better
Brandon Montour - Overrated
Kyle Okposo - Lucic/Eriksson/Backes gang
Rasmus Ristolainen - overrated, still can't play any D
Cody Eakin - meh
Eric Staal - nearing the end

I dunno. They're a lot like the teams we had that were challenging for lottery picks every year.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: Review: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #34) [message #780624 is a reply to message #780607 ]
Sun, 21 March 2021 19:32 Go to previous message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Sun, 21 March 2021 13:42

WhoreableGuy wrote on Sun, 21 March 2021 11:31

Jack Eichel
Taylor Hall
Rasmus Dahlin
Victor Oloffson
Jeff Skinner
Sam Reinhart
Brandon Montour
Kyle Okposo
Rasmus Ristolainen
Cody Eakin
Eric Staal

Jack Eichel - Good but disgruntled
Taylor Hall - Good but declining
Rasmus Dahlin - Toddler D with way too much pressure
Victor Oloffson - Good 2nd liner
Jeff Skinner - Gives 0 poops
Sam Reinhart - Getting better
Brandon Montour - Overrated
Kyle Okposo - Lucic/Eriksson/Backes gang
Rasmus Ristolainen - overrated, still can't play any D
Cody Eakin - meh
Eric Staal - nearing the end

I dunno. They're a lot like the teams we had that were challenging for lottery picks every year.

Eakins might be interesting, he's quick, hard nosed, has some skill

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #34) [message #780564 is a reply to message #780551 ]
Sat, 20 March 2021 22:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kungpaobenji27  is currently offline kungpaobenji27

No Cups

It's hard to do this in a 51 game season in a tougher realigned division where every game matters too much.....but I long for the day when the Oilers can have a 2nd PP unit to take some pressure off the only *ergh* I mean first unit.

Here's to the Kings/Sharks/Ducks continuous rebuild for years to come so that this feat can finally be achieved....

Some positive momentum heading into a long road trip out east

Re: Review: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #34) [message #780568 is a reply to message #780551 ]
Sat, 20 March 2021 22:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

Couldn't fault Smith on the 2, he stopped his mistakes, and he made the rest of the saves. Just never in extended trouble and pretty calm overall in the Oilers zone. This might be a playoff preview here, the Oilers are real.

Just keep winning, keep any losing streaks at 1, and they'll be fine.

Re: Review: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #34) [message #780573 is a reply to message #780568 ]
Sat, 20 March 2021 22:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leia  is currently offline Leia

No Cups

Have to admit that I overslept this morning, I may have got to bed at 10 to get up for the 2am start, but failed and didn't wake up till 2.50.. So I didn't see the first period, however I can claim to be today's lucky charm seeing as we came back to win whilst I was watching...

I'm more impressed with the way we are defending of late as opposed to our forward displays. That's not to say you are never not impressed by McDavid and Drai, but we seem to becoming more of a unit in defense, with everyone knowing the jobs they have to do, even the above two are doing better at the wrong end of the rink.

THAT week against the Leafs, seems so far away right now it seems as if it was just a blip, and I'm sure that as this team continues to develop we'll have more but I'm more positive about this team now than I have been for some time. Scrappy wins, big wins and come backs, they keep finding ways to win which is the sign of a good team and add to that the way they bounced back after THAT week shows how much stronger this team is compared to other Oilers squads over the past decade or so.

Once more happy to wake up at stupid o'clock to watch this team do it's thing...

If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.

Re: Review: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #34) [message #780570 is a reply to message #780551 ]
Sat, 20 March 2021 22:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

Is this reality?

Re: Review: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #34) [message #780572 is a reply to message #780570 ]
Sat, 20 March 2021 22:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

inverno76 wrote on Sat, 20 March 2021 22:49

Is this reality?

*Pinches arm*Hmm... Didn’t feel it too well. Maybe it’s the wine. *flicks balls* faint

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #34) [message #780578 is a reply to message #780551 ]
Sat, 20 March 2021 23:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Hot mic on Louie DeBrusk tonight talking about Dallas Eakins when he took away donuts for the media when he came in.

https://mobile.twitter.com/nrXic/status/1373497361922621440? ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

It doesn’t beat Eric Francis’ hot mic incident where he dropped F bombs talking about Dougie Hamilton.

Re: Review: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #34) [message #780579 is a reply to message #780578 ]
Sat, 20 March 2021 23:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

WhoreableGuy wrote on Sat, 20 March 2021 23:03

Hot mic on Louie DeBrusk tonight talking about Dallas Eakins when he took away donuts for the media when he came in.

https://mobile.twitter.com/nrXic/status/1373497361922621440? ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

It doesn’t beat Eric Francis’ hot mic incident where he dropped F bombs talking about Dougie Hamilton.

Hahahaha #ExtraLargeButter is my new name for Louie

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #34) [message #780591 is a reply to message #780551 ]
Sun, 21 March 2021 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Gotta give Tippett some credit now. I honestly didn't expect something like this from him, but he's really mixing up McDavid/Drai/Nuge a lot in games lately. McDavid played 9 mins with Nuge and 6 with Drai last night 5v5. How annoying must that be for the opposition to not know if a McDrai shift is coming or you have to worry about a McDavid shift followed by a Drai line one. When we were committed to the McDavid/Drai down the middle, we usually only saw McDrai late in games if we were desperate, but he may be actively screwing with the opposition now mixing things around. Nuge has upped his game lately too which helps.

This is some next level stuff ;)

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Previous Topic:GDT: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #34)
Next Topic:Pregame: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #34)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca