This day on April 20
None

Happy Birthday To: Nesticle, goffer48, The Goat, HezzyB, Oilbleeder, thesituation, Patorious

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #16)Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: Review: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #16) [message #776045 is a reply to message #776016 ]
Fri, 12 February 2021 00:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Listened to Smith interview after the game.. it seems he spent a lot of time in the summer here in Vancouver working on his game with a local Goalie-Whisperer, making improvements.. his performance from these two games might actually be the real deal..
Mike Smith 2.0 baby!

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRe9ZBDJD32E2A8TUauyjum0UkhR6viAPHI-A&usqp=CAUhttps://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRj826WfyUBKGBFyIconOU9MogDxJkWH_terg&usqp=CAUhttps://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRdrFti_n3CPWVawRt9FEp8IN6ESMCb_iYfBA&usqp=CAUhttps://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQs0qvKHr0meLkOoRBb2R25c2Q4zcAviNA1jQ&usqp=CAU

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #16) [message #776049 is a reply to message #776045 ]
Fri, 12 February 2021 05:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NZ Oiler Fan  is currently offline NZ Oiler Fan

No Cups

Thought that was our most complete effort of the season so far. Too bad we couldn't have played like that against Calgary.
Didn't like Neal on McDavid's line - looked like he was struggling to keep up. Hopefully Jesse can get back in there pretty quick.

Happy to see Smith close the SO

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #16) [message #776054 is a reply to message #776049 ]
Fri, 12 February 2021 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leia  is currently offline Leia

No Cups

NZ Oiler Fan wrote on Fri, 12 February 2021 05:14

Thought that was our most complete effort of the season so far. Too bad we couldn't have played like that against Calgary.
Didn't like Neal on McDavid's line - looked like he was struggling to keep up. Hopefully Jesse can get back in there pretty quick.

Happy to see Smith close the SO

Was forced to watch the TSN feed, and boy did the commentators try to jinx the shut out. With 10 minutes to go they were talking about it, I know they were the home guys, but come on please.

We are far from being the best in the NHL, but the North Division is going to close up real soon and become the battle ground I think most of us expected. It's early days, but keep posting solid displays like this and who knows this thing of us being over .500 might be something that lasts the season. Enjoying the displays of the 3rd and 4th line over the past few games, they are being rewarded for the effort with good games and making a difference for a change. However, we can't expect them to keep it up, so we need Connor to get out of his slump and start scoring again..

If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #16) [message #776057 is a reply to message #776054 ]
Fri, 12 February 2021 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

Good win for the team. This is 3 wins in a row where they won mostly on the back of players not named McDavid or Leon and where those 2 really didn't score or produce a lot. Those 2 combined have 5 pts in 3 games which for them isn't a lot. Anytime you can get wins without those 2 being a major factor, that in my opinion is found money.

Another really good game for Smith. Take out the goal where Larsson went bar down on him and that would be 2 shutouts in a row. I don't expect him to turn back the clock, I don't expect him to continue to put up these kind of numbers but if he can continue to be solid, good things can happen. I have said it before, the big thing it does in my opinion is help Koskinen. Gives him time off but most importantly, he needs a legit push to keep him sharp. I'd ride Smith for a bit. He's shown to be streaky in his later years and when he gets hot, it's red hot.

Khaira has never been my favorite player because I find him extremely frustrating due to his lack of consistency. He in my mind has all the tools to be an effective bottom 6 guy and do exactly like he's been doing, he just didn't do it on a regular basis. He's playing well, running hot especially offensively. His line as a whole is clicking. I don't expect the offense to keep going like it is because they are putting up points higher than I would expect a bottom 6 line to do but I don't see why a vet line like that can't keep doing all the other little things they are doing. The little things being skate hard, get in on the forecheck, keep things simple, don't be a complete gong show defensively and keep the momentum going when they are on the ice as the big boys get a breather. I hoped the switch has flipped for Khaira and the effort level stays for him. If he plays hard which there is no reason why he can't keep playing hard, there is a spot for him.

I am digging the offense from the defense. Nurse is on fire right now. Everything he shoots is going in. I don't expect it to continue but it's sure nice to see. I think Nurse has taken a step in his game.

Barrie has really started to round out his game and be what I was hoping. He's great on the PP and a legit weapon from the point now. Skates well, moves the puck well. Never going to be a shut down defender but as long as he's not a complete disaster defensively, he's effective.

Bouchard another solid game this time against a better team than Ottawa. He just produces offensive chances. Another rush that almost resulted in a goal. Keep playing him.

I have to say I wasn't expecting much from Lagesson, he barely played before this year so I wasn't sure he'd even play much at all this season. He's nothing flashy but he just gets it done. I could see him being this teams Larsson going forward if they move on from Larsson after this season which I think is maybe the right call. He might not be as nasty as Larsson but he's just a no nonsense, good defending, pucks get out, goals don't get scored much dman who skates a bit better and handles the puck a little better.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #16) [message #776056 is a reply to message #776045 ]
Fri, 12 February 2021 08:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Fri, 12 February 2021 01:28

Listened to Smith interview after the game.. it seems he spent a lot of time in the summer here in Vancouver working on his game with a local Goalie-Whisperer, making improvements.. his performance from these two games might actually be the real deal..
Mike Smith 2.0 baby!

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRe9ZBDJD32E2A8TUauyjum0UkhR6viAPHI-A&usqp=CAUhttps://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRj826WfyUBKGBFyIconOU9MogDxJkWH_terg&usqp=CAUhttps://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRdrFti_n3CPWVawRt9FEp8IN6ESMCb_iYfBA&usqp=CAUhttps://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQs0qvKHr0meLkOoRBb2R25c2Q4zcAviNA1jQ&usqp=CAU

These pics just prove to me that he, like me, should absolutely never shave right down to the grain.

I’m here for the Mike Smith revolution!

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]  
Previous Topic:Pregame: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #17)
Next Topic:GDT: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #16)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca