Home / Road Goals Against: 20/11 Total: 31

2019-20 Regular Season
Saturday, December 14, 2019Toronto 4 @ Edmonton 1Loss
Monday, January 6, 2020Edmonton 6 @ Toronto 4Win
Home Record: 0-1-0       Road Record: 1-0-0       Overall Record: 1-1-0
Home / Road Goals For: 1/6 Total: 7
Home / Road Goals Against: 4/4 Total: 8

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #6) [message #773078 is a reply to message #773077 ]
Fri, 22 January 2021 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

They won the last game without McD having an overly great game. I thought he was just OK. Tonight would be a great night for him to go off.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #6) [message #773080 is a reply to message #773078 ]
Fri, 22 January 2021 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Fri, 22 January 2021 09:10

They won the last game without McD having an overly great game. I thought he was just OK. Tonight would be a great night for him to go off.

Definitely read that as ‘it would be a great night for him to get off’ and I was like, okay, yeah, it would I’m sure.

He’s really only taken over that second Canucks game. He’s been relatively quiet this season outside of that. That will change, just as the pp fortunes.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #6) [message #773081 is a reply to message #773080 ]
Fri, 22 January 2021 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Fri, 22 January 2021 08:26

Definitely read that as ‘it would be a great night for him to get off’ and I was like, okay, yeah, it would I’m sure.

He’s really only taken over that second Canucks game. He’s been relatively quiet this season outside of that. That will change, just as the pp fortunes.

That's how people end up on COVID protocol!

I have a standing bet on Maple Leafs games with a friend. I'd really like this year to be one where I clean up.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #6) [message #773085 is a reply to message #773081 ]
Fri, 22 January 2021 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Adam wrote on Fri, 22 January 2021 09:31

Oscargasm wrote on Fri, 22 January 2021 08:26

That's how people end up on COVID protocol!

I have a standing bet on Maple Leafs games with a friend. I'd really like this year to be one where I clean up.

The Russian CJ that cost $100,000? Hahaha

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #6) [message #773079 is a reply to message #773077 ]
Fri, 22 January 2021 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ragnarok73  is currently offline Ragnarok73

2 Cups

Soooo, does this game qualify as one that can be described with those two words that rhyme with “dust bin”?

"There's no greater springboard to development than failure." - Craig MacTavish, April 13/15.

5-14-6-1

"Sabres think the suck is their ally? They merely adopted the suck. The Oilers were born in it...molded by it."

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #6) [message #773083 is a reply to message #773079 ]
Fri, 22 January 2021 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Ragnarok73 wrote on Fri, 22 January 2021 09:11

Soooo, does this game qualify as one that can be described with those two words that rhyme with “dust bin”?

Oh brother if you have to ask, you already know. But let’s do the math for those who like fancy numbers;

Leafs (opponent) + Six (game number) * Road (Home/Away) + Yes (Team in playoff spot with win?) = MUST WIN

So there ya have it, buckle up. It’s one of those games.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #6) [message #773089 is a reply to message #773083 ]
Fri, 22 January 2021 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Sounding like Neal will be in, guess we won't know until the lines come out. But I hope he is. Not only is he a better finisher that Chiasson so it should help the PP as Chiasson has been set up numberous times on golden chances. He will bring energy to the team. He's supposedly one of the more vocal guys in the room, on the bench and on the ice. Plus he will be excited to get into the line up finally after his battle with Covid.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #6) [message #773090 is a reply to message #773089 ]
Fri, 22 January 2021 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Fri, 22 January 2021 09:51

Plus he will be excited to get into the line up finally after his battle with Covid.

Was it covid? I wasn’t ever sure if it was covid related or some injury stuff.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #6) [message #773092 is a reply to message #773090 ]
Fri, 22 January 2021 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Fri, 22 January 2021 08:55

Plus he will be excited to get into the line up finally after his battle with Covid.

It was. Gregor interviewed Neal and he talked about it.
https://oilersnation.com/2021/01/22/edmonton-oilers-game-not es-neal-discusses-covid-and-hes-ready-to-return/

He got it training in Nashville right before he was to leave to come and quarantine prior to camp. Sounds like it hit him pretty hard.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #6) [message #773093 is a reply to message #773092 ]
Fri, 22 January 2021 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Fri, 22 January 2021 10:00

Oscargasm wrote on Fri, 22 January 2021 08:55

It was. Gregor interviewed Neal and he talked about it.
https://oilersnation.com/2021/01/22/edmonton-oilers-game-not es-neal-discusses-covid-and-hes-ready-to-return/

He got it training in Nashville right before he was to leave to come and quarantine prior to camp. Sounds like it hit him pretty hard.

Aaaah! Sweet, I’ll give er a read. Thanks my friend!

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #6) [message #773105 is a reply to message #773092 ]
Fri, 22 January 2021 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Odd defence of Koskinen by Gregor there where he suggests he isn't elite, but look at the numbers! He's running a .906 save percentage so far. Yes, there are others significantly worse in the division, but that's not saying much.

I also hate the argument that "yeah, he allowed 5 goals in two of those games" but you can't really fault him on that. Yes, there are good goals and ones that would be very hard to stop. However, we see goalies make big saves every game where they stop shots that it looks like they shouldn't. In both of those 5 goal games, there weren't a lot of those saves from Koskinen. I don't think you can simply forgive a goalie if he never makes the really hard saves. They need to stop some of those.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #6) [message #773115 is a reply to message #773089 ]
Fri, 22 January 2021 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

1 Cup

Sounding like Neal will be in, guess we won't know until the lines come out. But I hope he is. Not only is he a better finisher that Chiasson so it should help the PP as Chiasson has been set up numberous times on golden chances. He will bring energy to the team. He's supposedly one of the more vocal guys in the room, on the bench and on the ice. Plus he will be excited to get into the line up finally after his battle with Covid.

Neal is no world beater but I hope he can take Chiasson's spot. I am mystified how he got it and even more so how he is keeping it.
Neal is also left handed VS right for Chiasson. Could change the dynamic.

Survivor LX(I) and 67 Champ(i)on

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 12:21

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #6) [message #773116 is a reply to message #773115 ]
Fri, 22 January 2021 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

PlusOne wrote on Fri, 22 January 2021 11:42

Neal is no world beater but I hope he can take Chiasson's spot. I am mystified how he got it and even more so how he is keeping it.

Neal also knows how to clean up the trash.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #6) [message #773117 is a reply to message #773115 ]
Fri, 22 January 2021 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leia  is currently offline Leia

No Cups

I wonder if JP got Matthews when he hit hm and Matthews went back at him. It seemed just an ordinary hit, but perhaps he caught him.

I'm guessing that this won't be as interesting as the game on Wednesday...

If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #6) [message #773123 is a reply to message #773115 ]
Fri, 22 January 2021 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

PlusOne wrote on Fri, 22 January 2021 10:42

To be fair to Chiasson, he has been a pretty effective scorer in that spot the last two years. Similar to Letestu the one season, it has seemed to click there. It isn't this year so far and he's missed a couple of ones that should have been easy goals.

The Oilers have a really low shooting percentage on the powerplay though so far. I do think SOME of the issues is just a small sample size and luck this far.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #6) [message #773129 is a reply to message #773123 ]
Fri, 22 January 2021 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Adam wrote on Fri, 22 January 2021 11:10

To be fair to Chiasson, he has been a pretty effective scorer in that spot the last two years. Similar to Letestu the one season, it has seemed to click there. It isn't this year so far and he's missed a couple of ones that should have been easy goals.

The Oilers have a really low shooting percentage on the powerplay though so far. I do think SOME of the issues is just a small sample size and luck this far.

Chiasson did a fine job the last 2 years. I think having a bigger body as a net front presence is important on a PP. It was supposed to be Lucic's job, he couldn't do it so Chiasson got the job.. Once Neal came, he got the job because he's just a better finisher overall. Chiasson has 92 goals career goals, Neal has 289. I think if Neal was available, he would have finished a few of those chances on the PP that Chiasson got and people wouldn't be talking about the PP.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #6) [message #773137 is a reply to message #773129 ]
Fri, 22 January 2021 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Fri, 22 January 2021 12:11

Chiasson did a fine job the last 2 years. I think having a bigger body as a net front presence is important on a PP. It was supposed to be Lucic's job, he couldn't do it so Chiasson got the job.. Once Neal came, he got the job because he's just a better finisher overall. Chiasson has 92 goals career goals, Neal has 289. I think if Neal was available, he would have finished a few of those chances on the PP that Chiasson got and people wouldn't be talking about the PP.

The funny thing is that Chiasson played almost as much with that unit last year as Neal did. Tippett was happy to flip them on and off it if one was riding a hot hand for a bit. Chiasson played about half a minute less PP time per game than Neal, and production was pretty close too - Neal had 17 points, Chiasson had 13. More assists for Chiasson, more goals for Neal.

Chiasson doesn't have the hot hand now, so it's definitely time to have someone else in that spot and see if it helps us increase our conversion rate. As I said before though, the PP is probably not the highest concern for me. I think we're likely to score more without changes.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #6) [message #773145 is a reply to message #773129 ]
Fri, 22 January 2021 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

RDOilerfan wrote on Fri, 22 January 2021 13:11

Fine job sure but I dont think he added directly to PP success. He has been pretty bad this year. My fuse seems to be shorter for guys who arent performing. Not sure if it is the wasting of McD and Drai's prime years, the long layoff or the fact that you can get in a hole on a short season. Likely a mix of all three.

I just think that if a guy is actually good and in a funk, that happens. When a player is just filling a spot and doing poorly someone else needs to be given a shot.

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #6) [message #773147 is a reply to message #773145 ]
Fri, 22 January 2021 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

PlusOne wrote on Fri, 22 January 2021 15:08

Fine job sure but I dont think he added directly to PP success. He has been pretty bad this year. My fuse seems to be shorter for guys who arent performing. Not sure if it is the wasting of McD and Drai's prime years, the long layoff or the fact that you can get in a hole on a short season. Likely a mix of all three.

I just think that if a guy is actually good and in a funk, that happens. When a player is just filling a spot and doing poorly someone else needs to be given a shot.

I’m fully in the punt Chiasson to the taxi squad crew. Heck, I may be the conductor or the train. I’ll pick him and drive him to the train station.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #6) [message #773148 is a reply to message #773147 ]
Fri, 22 January 2021 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Oscargasm wrote on Fri, 22 January 2021 15:16

I’m fully in the punt Chiasson to the taxi squad crew. Heck, I may be the conductor or the train. I’ll pick him and drive him to the train station.

I dont know if you watch Yellowstone but dropping someone off at the train station has taken on a whole new meaning for me

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #6) [message #773149 is a reply to message #773147 ]
Fri, 22 January 2021 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Fri, 22 January 2021 13:16

Just call him an Uber..

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #6) [message #773152 is a reply to message #773149 ]
Fri, 22 January 2021 14:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Fri, 22 January 2021 15:19

Just call him an Uber..

I ‘spose there’s that. Not as rewarding, but simpler and the same result is achieved.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #6) [message #773151 is a reply to message #773145 ]
Fri, 22 January 2021 14:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

PlusOne wrote on Fri, 22 January 2021 14:08

We're in agreement there. I am all for changing up with Chiasson and he'd have by far the shortest leash for me. I thought the Letestu thing was a disgrace in the second season. It wasn't working any more and we stuck with it for about 30 games too long. For guys who are elevated to play with the big boys, if you produce you stay...if you don't, you don't get forever to get it together.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #6) [message #773153 is a reply to message #773151 ]
Fri, 22 January 2021 14:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Adam wrote on Fri, 22 January 2021 15:33

For guys who are elevated to play with the big boys, if you produce you stay...if you don't, you don't get forever to get it together.

You remember Ty Rattie?

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #6) [message #773091 is a reply to message #773077 ]
Fri, 22 January 2021 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Matthews is out for tonight. As is Jumbo. 2/3rds of their top line.

TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS YOU SLOTHS!

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #6) [message #773094 is a reply to message #773091 ]
Fri, 22 January 2021 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Fri, 22 January 2021 08:56

Has it come out what happened to Thornton? I saw the play that took him out, it looked pretty innocent. It was Archibald that hit him but it wasn't like it was a massive hit, more like bumping him that you see happen all the time.

[Updated on: Fri, 22 January 2021 09:05]

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #6) [message #773095 is a reply to message #773094 ]
Fri, 22 January 2021 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Fri, 22 January 2021 10:03

Has it come out what happened to Thornton? I saw the play that took him out, it looked pretty innocent. It was Archibald that hit him but it wasn't like it was a massive hit, more like bumping him that you see happen all the time.

I thiiink it’s a rib? Can’t remember where is read/heard that tho. Probably twitter somewhere.

Add: Yes, rib fracture.

Joe Thornton has a rib fracture and will miss at least four weeks

https://twitter.com/reporterchris/status/1352643414425276417 ?s=21

[Updated on: Fri, 22 January 2021 09:12]

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #6) [message #773096 is a reply to message #773095 ]
Fri, 22 January 2021 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Fri, 22 January 2021 09:10

I thiiink it’s a rib? Can’t remember where is read/heard that tho. Probably twitter somewhere.

WOW, either Thornton in his old age is extremely fragile or he got caught in the perfect spot because it wasn't much of a hit.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #6) [message #773101 is a reply to message #773096 ]
Fri, 22 January 2021 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Fri, 22 January 2021 09:16

WOW, either Thornton in his old age is extremely fragile or he got caught in the perfect spot because it wasn't much of a hit.

Same injury Mike Smith is suffering from. Archibald slipped and bumped in to him in the dressing room. It isn't JUST their advanced age, it's that Archibald is basically made of steel.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #6) [message #773109 is a reply to message #773101 ]
Fri, 22 January 2021 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Adam wrote on Fri, 22 January 2021 10:43

RDOilerfan wrote on Fri, 22 January 2021 09:16

Same injury Mike Smith is suffering from. Archibald slipped and bumped in to him in the dressing room. It isn't JUST their advanced age, it's that Archibald is basically made of steel.

Is Matthews out bc of the Archibald affect as well? Bowed out bc Arch can grow a greasier stache?

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #6) [message #773113 is a reply to message #773101 ]
Fri, 22 January 2021 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rocksteady  is currently offline Rocksteady

No Cups

Adam wrote on Fri, 22 January 2021 09:43

I never knew the issue with Smith just heard he was unfit to play?!

I hope Neal can go, I hope it won't be a Toews situation where he recovered but his lung capacity is so bad as well as being lethargic I'm not sure he ever returns.

COVID is terrible man..

The very definition of insanity is doing the exact same thing expecting different results.

Generally Disappointed.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #6) [message #773114 is a reply to message #773113 ]
Fri, 22 January 2021 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Rocksteady wrote on Fri, 22 January 2021 10:34

I hope Neal can go, I hope it won't be a Toews situation where he recovered but his lung capacity is so bad as well as being lethargic I'm not sure he ever returns.

COVID is terrible man..

I am guessing Smith pulled a muscle, maybe his groin as he has had a history of groin problems. A pulled muscle for an athlete could take several weeks to get over totally.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #6) [message #773124 is a reply to message #773114 ]
Fri, 22 January 2021 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bigEfromGP  is currently offline bigEfromGP

No Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Fri, 22 January 2021 10:36

COVID is terrible man..

I am guessing Smith pulled a muscle, maybe his groin as he has had a history of groin problems. A pulled muscle for an athlete could take several weeks to get over totally.

Yeah I had heard pulled groin (don't remember where I heard it though). BUT, that's part of having guys +35 on your roster, especially goalies- they are much more susceptible to injuries exactly like this.

CrusaderPi wrote on Fri, 09 October 2020 13:17

CrudeRemarks wrote on Fri, 09 October 2020 13:00

The president thinks he has the ideal male body.
It's hard to disagree that he has the ideal male body.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #6) [message #773122 is a reply to message #773113 ]
Fri, 22 January 2021 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

COVID is terrible man..

My above update on Mike Smith was completely fake news.

I should have used the sarcasm emoji. My bad.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #6) [message #773125 is a reply to message #773095 ]
Fri, 22 January 2021 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Fri, 22 January 2021 08:10

Thats what happens with old bones.. they get brittle.. poor guy, ribs are a b**ch to heal, he'll be out for quite a while.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #6) [message #773097 is a reply to message #773077 ]
Fri, 22 January 2021 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Per Tip’s media avail just now, Neal will be assessed at the skate and if he can ‘keep up’ then he’ll be activated and in tonight.

Didn’t hear super clear, but sounds like Nygard and Chiasson may sit tonight.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #6) [message #773127 is a reply to message #773077 ]
Fri, 22 January 2021 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

I was just off with last games prognostication; I picked Leon, goal went to Yams. So tonight let’s go to Drai’s other wing!

Gasm’s Oilers First Goal of the Game Contest: Dominic Kahun

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #6) [message #773131 is a reply to message #773127 ]
Fri, 22 January 2021 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

There should be a big time advantage for the Oilers at center tonight. Leafs are rolling out:
Tavares, Kerfoot, Spezza, Brooks. NO clue who Brooks is.

One of McD or Leon is going up against Kerfoot. They HAVE too take advantage of that.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #6) [message #773146 is a reply to message #773131 ]
Fri, 22 January 2021 14:14 Go to previous messageGo to previous message

1 Cup

RDOilerfan wrote on Fri, 22 January 2021 13:15

There should be a big time advantage for the Oilers at center tonight. Leafs are rolling out:
Tavares, Kerfoot, Spezza, Brooks. NO clue who Brooks is.

One of McD or Leon is going up against Kerfoot. They HAVE too take advantage of that.

That would be former Regina Pats Captain Adam Brooks.

While he was a decent leader here and put up good stats there is a reason he was drafted in the fourth round.
He is not a big guy and while he has a decent skill set there isnt much he does exceptionally well. Without having that elite skill anywhere his high scoring in junior wasnt likely to translate to the NHL. I always thought his skating would need major improvements to play center, wondered if he would move to wing in the pros.
I took a lot of crap from Pats/Leafs fans around here when I claimed that in his draft +1 year but so far it seems about right.

All of that means you can expect him to get his first NHL goal tonight.

Anyway, no reason you would know him but a bit of context.

Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]  
Previous Topic:GDT: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #6)
Next Topic:Review: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #5)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca