This day on March 29
None

Happy Birthday To: SMURDS, JRock71, Cpt Waffle, TexasOiler, Morgan99

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Pregame: Chicago @ Edmonton (Game #84)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Pregame: Chicago @ Edmonton (Game #84) [message #764434]
Mon, 03 August 2020 03:00 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final
Score Prediction
Login To Make Your Prediction

Edmonton to win:   0%
Chicago to win:   0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

2019-20 Regular Season
Monday, October 14, 2019Edmonton 1 @ Chicago 3Loss
Tuesday, February 11, 2020Chicago 3 @ Edmonton 5Win
Thursday, March 5, 2020Edmonton 3 @ Chicago 4Loss
Saturday, August 1, 2020Chicago 6 @ Edmonton 4Loss
Monday, August 3, 2020Chicago 3 @ Edmonton 6Win
Wednesday, August 5, 2020Edmonton 3 @ Chicago 4Loss
Friday, August 7, 2020Edmonton 2 @ Chicago 3Loss
Home Record: 2-1-0       Road Record: 0-4-0       Overall Record: 2-5-0
Home / Road Goals For: 15/9 Total: 24
Home / Road Goals Against: 12/14 Total: 26

2018-19 Regular Season
Sunday, October 28, 2018Edmonton 2 @ Chicago 1 (OT)Win
Thursday, November 1, 2018Chicago 0 @ Edmonton 4Win
Tuesday, February 5, 2019Chicago 6 @ Edmonton 2Loss
Home Record: 1-1-0       Road Record: 1-0-0       Overall Record: 2-1-0
Home / Road Goals For: 6/2 Total: 8
Home / Road Goals Against: 6/1 Total: 7

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Pregame: Chicago @ Edmonton (Game #84) [message #764435 is a reply to message #764434 ]
Mon, 03 August 2020 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

1 Cup

I think whoever wins this game wins the series.
Hoping to see everything improve over last game as it was pretty bad across the board outside of the PP.
This talk of the goalie being undecided better be a smokescreen and we see Smith stapled firmly to the bench
Reunite RNH with Yamo and Drai. It didnt boost McDavids line at at all and Drai's line looked much worse.
Lastly, when the Hall/Larsson deal i, the Kassian contract, even Russell still being on the team, are defended it is because you "need guys like that in the playoffs". Time for the them to show it. I will say though that Russell may have had the best game of any Oiler on Sat, at least relative to expectations.

Survivor LX(I) and 67 Champ(i)on

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 12:21

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: Pregame: Chicago @ Edmonton (Game #84) [message #764439 is a reply to message #764435 ]
Mon, 03 August 2020 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GabbyDugan  is currently offline GabbyDugan

No Cups

PlusOne wrote on Mon, 03 August 2020 08:23

I think whoever wins this game wins the series.
Hoping to see everything improve over last game as it was pretty bad across the board outside of the PP.
This talk of the goalie being undecided better be a smokescreen and we see Smith stapled firmly to the bench
Reunite RNH with Yamo and Drai. It didnt boost McDavids line at at all and Drai's line looked much worse.
Lastly, when the Hall/Larsson deal i, the Kassian contract, even Russell still being on the team, are defended it is because you "need guys like that in the playoffs". Time for the them to show it. I will say though that Russell may have had the best game of any Oiler on Sat, at least relative to expectations.

I would just add to that the coaching needs to be better. Tippett needs to be the smartest guy in the building, not the most stubborn. In the past we've seen coaches like Todd McLellan and Dallas Eakins destroy team chemistry by sticking with faulty game plans.

Maybe Ken Hitchcock can help in his role as team advisor.

Re: Pregame: Chicago @ Edmonton (Game #84) [message #764451 is a reply to message #764439 ]
Mon, 03 August 2020 15:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

GabbyDugan wrote on Mon, 03 August 2020 09:46

I would just add to that the coaching needs to be better. Tippett needs to be the smartest guy in the building, not the most stubborn. In the past we've seen coaches like Todd McLellan and Dallas Eakins destroy team chemistry by sticking with faulty game plans.

Maybe Ken Hitchcock can help in his role as team advisor.

Agreed - Tippett was the man most responsible for the loss last game. The Oilers weren't good at even strength all night - so lots of blame to go around, but Mike Smith shouldn't have been playing, and even forgiving that mistake, Tippett had lots of chances to remedy it and waited until he'd allowed five.

I can't blame Smith that much - he's a fossil and he's been bad for two years. He should not have been in the net.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Pregame: Chicago @ Edmonton (Game #84) [message #764436 is a reply to message #764434 ]
Mon, 03 August 2020 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

Biggest game of the year, so far. Moral victories don’t mean squat... need the W on the scoreboard or she’s all but done. These guys play like they did through 50 minutes last game and they won’t stand a chance.

MUST WIN

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Pregame: Chicago @ Edmonton (Game #84) [message #764443 is a reply to message #764434 ]
Mon, 03 August 2020 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Ryan Rishaug @TSNRyanRishaug
Oilers have finished their morning skate (which we can not watch). My guess is Koskinen goes tonight. Also wonder if Ennis and RNH flip lines reuniting RNH Draisaitl Yamamoto, one of the better lines in hockey for a stretch this season. We'll ask Tippett.

Rishaug is on the case!

If AA is in the dog house, not sure what else you can do. Just load up Drai's line, and let McDavid try to do everything himself on his line. That approach got us into a playoff spot. The balance approach with our pitiful wing depth had us on pace for another sad year.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: Pregame: Chicago @ Edmonton (Game #84) [message #764445 is a reply to message #764443 ]
Mon, 03 August 2020 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 03 August 2020 10:18

Oilers have finished their morning skate (which we can not watch). My guess is Koskinen goes tonight. Also wonder if Ennis and RNH flip lines reuniting RNH Draisaitl Yamamoto, one of the better lines in hockey for a stretch this season. We'll ask Tippett.

Rishaug is on the case!

If AA is in the dog house, not sure what else you can do. Just load up Drai's line, and let McDavid try to do everything himself on his line. That approach got us into a playoff spot. The balance approach with our pitiful wing depth had us on pace for another sad year.

I watched the Canucks vs Wild last night, Peterson was nullified, he was going, but his wingers were ineffectual, too easy to snuff out one player especially in the playoffs.. reminded me of McD, poor guy is on his own out there, kid needs some play makers and snipers to give him a hand, break up the tight checking he's getting.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Pregame: Chicago @ Edmonton (Game #84) [message #764447 is a reply to message #764445 ]
Mon, 03 August 2020 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Mon, 03 August 2020 11:45

Rishaug is on the case!

I watched the Canucks vs Wild last night, Peterson was nullified, he was going, but his wingers were ineffectual, too easy to snuff out one player especially in the playoffs.. reminded me of McD, poor guy is on his own out there, kid needs some play makers and snipers to give him a hand, break up the tight checking he's getting.

That, in effect, is the reason Kassian is on his wing. He is supposed to create space for Connor by being physical and making the other team think twice. If he’s not effective at his job, it creates a swarm on 97 that is seemingly effective.

Glad to see/hear Koskinen gets the nets, but it won’t matter who’s in net if they guys in front of him are still in their hotel beds.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Pregame: Chicago @ Edmonton (Game #84) [message #764448 is a reply to message #764447 ]
Mon, 03 August 2020 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Mon, 03 August 2020 12:40

Rishaug is on the case!

That, in effect, is the reason Kassian is on his wing. He is supposed to create space for Connor by being physical and making the other team think twice. If he’s not effective at his job, it creates a swarm on 97 that is seemingly effective.

Glad to see/hear Koskinen gets the nets, but it won’t matter who’s in net if they guys in front of him are still in their hotel beds.

Watching Kassian closely is depressing. Worse on the boards than Lucic, worse playmaking off the boards in our end than Yakupov. He wasn't even skating well last game, one of the only redeeming qualities of his game with the puck. I really hope that non-contract year Kassian is still a useful player, but he's proved that's the case so many times in his career.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: Pregame: Chicago @ Edmonton (Game #84) [message #764449 is a reply to message #764447 ]
Mon, 03 August 2020 13:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Mon, 03 August 2020 11:40

Rishaug is on the case!

Larsson/Klefbom had worse games of their careers Saturday, if they have a repeat its over, on the bright side it would pretty be hard to be any worse. The trickle down is if your D keep conducting a fire drill in their own end, your forwards won't be spending a lot of time in the Offensive end, like McD unable to get rolling last game.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Pregame: Chicago @ Edmonton (Game #84) [message #764450 is a reply to message #764449 ]
Mon, 03 August 2020 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

1 Cup

Skookum Jim wrote on Mon, 03 August 2020 13:29

Oscargasm wrote on Mon, 03 August 2020 11:40

Rishaug is on the case!

Larsson/Klefbom had worse games of their careers Saturday, if they have a repeat its over, on the bright side it would pretty be hard to be any worse. The trickle down is if your D keep conducting a fire drill in their own end, your forwards won't be spending a lot of time in the Offensive end, like McD unable to get rolling last game.

Can't just blame the D for McDavid's lacking , at least 5 V 5, in that game. He was flat out brutal in his own end, missed coverage and giveaways all over the place.

Survivor LX(I) and 67 Champ(i)on

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 12:21

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: Pregame: Chicago @ Edmonton (Game #84) [message #764458 is a reply to message #764434 ]
Mon, 03 August 2020 19:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

1 Cup

I assume everyone knows this already because it looks like the entire population of Alberta has bought tickets but the 50/50 is online and it's utter madness.

Just passed $1.9 million.

https://edmontonoilersraffle.5050central.com/Home/SelectTick ets

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Pregame: Chicago @ Edmonton (Game #84) [message #764459 is a reply to message #764434 ]
Mon, 03 August 2020 20:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Per Jack Michaels (and Gregor and everyone) on twitter;

Looks like a simple flip at RW. Archibald up w/McDavid & RNH, Kassian w/Athanasiou & Sheahan.

Arch gets the move up, Kass down with Sheahan and AA.

[Updated on: Mon, 03 August 2020 20:24]

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Pregame: Chicago @ Edmonton (Game #84) [message #764460 is a reply to message #764434 ]
Mon, 03 August 2020 20:28 Go to previous message

5 Cups

David Amber is wrong... it IS a MUST WIN

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Previous Topic:Review: Chicago @ Edmonton (Game #84)
Next Topic:Review: Chicago @ Edmonton (Game #83)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca