This day on March 28
None

Happy Birthday To: miker0x, GuyF, bigmike, graveyardshift, bluemiler, jrrd, Bobfromengland

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Pregame: Edmonton @ Chicago (Game #68)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Pregame: Edmonton @ Chicago (Game #68) [message #756966]
Thu, 05 March 2020 03:00 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final
Score Prediction
Login To Make Your Prediction

Edmonton to win: 0%
Chicago to win: 0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

2019-20 Regular Season
Monday, October 14, 2019Edmonton 1 @ Chicago 3Loss
Tuesday, February 11, 2020Chicago 3 @ Edmonton 5Win
Thursday, March 5, 2020Edmonton 3 @ Chicago 4Loss
Saturday, August 1, 2020Chicago 6 @ Edmonton 4Loss
Monday, August 3, 2020Chicago 3 @ Edmonton 6Win
Wednesday, August 5, 2020Edmonton 3 @ Chicago 4Loss
Friday, August 7, 2020Edmonton 2 @ Chicago 3Loss
Home Record: 2-1-0       Road Record: 0-4-0       Overall Record: 2-5-0
Home / Road Goals For: 15/9 Total: 24
Home / Road Goals Against: 12/14 Total: 26

2018-19 Regular Season
Sunday, October 28, 2018Edmonton 2 @ Chicago 1 (OT)Win
Thursday, November 1, 2018Chicago 0 @ Edmonton 4Win
Tuesday, February 5, 2019Chicago 6 @ Edmonton 2Loss
Home Record: 1-1-0       Road Record: 1-0-0       Overall Record: 2-1-0
Home / Road Goals For: 6/2 Total: 8
Home / Road Goals Against: 6/1 Total: 7

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Chicago (Game #68) [message #756967 is a reply to message #756966 ]
Thu, 05 March 2020 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

Is this a must win? Well, maybe not. But I hear the Lake Michigan winds smell a little bit more musty this time of year.

#MUSTWIN

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Chicago (Game #68) [message #756987 is a reply to message #756967 ]
Thu, 05 March 2020 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jds308  is currently offline jds308

No Cups

With Van losing last night the Oilers now have a nice 6 point lead on the mess of teams fighting for a wild card spot. Today is the first day I've felt confident (though still cautiously optimistic) that the Oilers will in fact be a playoff team this year. I'm both giddy, nervous, and nauseous about the whole thing.

The Oilers could even afford to lose tonight, but eff that, a BIG WIN would be HUGE and keep the pressure on Vegas and maybe even challenge for the division.

I make music:
Undermaker442

308 Media Group

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Chicago (Game #68) [message #756989 is a reply to message #756987 ]
Thu, 05 March 2020 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

jds308 wrote on Thu, 05 March 2020 09:29

With Van losing last night the Oilers now have a nice 6 point lead on the mess of teams fighting for a wild card spot. Today is the first day I've felt confident (though still cautiously optimistic) that the Oilers will in fact be a playoff team this year. I'm both giddy, nervous, and nauseous about the whole thing.

The Oilers could even afford to lose tonight, but eff that, a BIG WIN would be HUGE and keep the pressure on Vegas and maybe even challenge for the division.

These are the types of games the team just needs to come out and dominate.

Put some more breathing room between us and the pack of teams clustered around the wild card slots. Start focusing on winning home ice advantage.

It would be great to see McDavid threaten the 100 point barrier tonight.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Chicago (Game #68) [message #756994 is a reply to message #756989 ]
Thu, 05 March 2020 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ravb1981  is currently offline ravb1981

No Cups

Adam wrote on Thu, 05 March 2020 09:40

jds308 wrote on Thu, 05 March 2020 09:29

These are the types of games the team just needs to come out and dominate.

Put some more breathing room between us and the pack of teams clustered around the wild card slots. Start focusing on winning home ice advantage.

It would be great to see McDavid threaten the 100 point barrier tonight.

Couldn't agree more! Whether they win or not, I think the team needs to come out and dominate. Play a sound game and start putting some distance between WC spots and let Vegas hear footsteps!!

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Chicago (Game #68) [message #756990 is a reply to message #756966 ]
Thu, 05 March 2020 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WhoreableGuy  is currently offline WhoreableGuy

No Cups

I’m at the point where I pretty much know the Oilers are in the playoffs (barring an epic collapse).

I just don’t want to play the Flames in the playoffs. Living in Calgary my heart couldn’t handle it.

So it’s a must win for me, try and win the division and hopefully the Flames take on Vegas.

"Bah Gawd! Would somebody stop the damn draft!"

- Jim Ross calling the NHL Draft Lotto 2015 as the Oilers win

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Chicago (Game #68) [message #756998 is a reply to message #756990 ]
Thu, 05 March 2020 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

Lines for tonight.

Neal - McD- Ennis - I assume they will flip since Neal likes the right.
RNH - Drai - Yamo
Ach - Shea - Kass
AA - Khaira - Chia

I don't mind the lines as I don't think you can have 2 small players on McD's wing.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Chicago (Game #68) [message #757002 is a reply to message #756998 ]
Thu, 05 March 2020 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
overdue  is currently offline overdue

No Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Thu, 05 March 2020 11:43

Lines for tonight.

RNH - Drai - Yamo
Ach - Shea - Kass
AA - Khaira - Chia

I don't mind the lines as I don't think you can have 2 small players on McD's wing.

Nice that you have that option though as Archi seems to fit almost wherever he is played. Best looking forward group this team has seen for a long time. Hope they can bring some energy tonight and put some more space between them and the teams chasing them. Must win goes almost without saying.Keep the winning streak going!

[Updated on: Thu, 05 March 2020 12:33]

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Chicago (Game #68) [message #757003 is a reply to message #757002 ]
Thu, 05 March 2020 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76 is currently online inverno76

2 Cups

overdue wrote on Thu, 05 March 2020 12:31

Lines for tonight.

RNH - Drai - Yamo
Ach - Shea - Kass
AA - Khaira - Chia

Nice that you have that option though as Archi seems to fit almost wherever he is played. Best looking forward group this team has seen for a long time. Hope they can bring some energy tonight and put some more space between them and the teams chasing them. Must win goes almost without saying.Keep the winning streak going!

Sounds like Smith got banged up a bit today.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Chicago (Game #68) [message #757004 is a reply to message #757003 ]
Thu, 05 March 2020 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

inverno76 wrote on Thu, 05 March 2020 12:49

Lines for tonight.

RNH - Drai - Yamo
Ach - Shea - Kass
AA - Khaira - Chia

Listening to Stauffer's show. Took a K.Russell shot in a bad spot. Stung a bit but he's fine and ready to go.

I am looking forward to when Klef is back to see what happens. I assume it's either Jones or Russell. My guess is the vet gets the nod but Tippett doesn't seem to be one to always go with the norm in my opinion.

[Updated on: Thu, 05 March 2020 13:05]

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Chicago (Game #68) [message #757007 is a reply to message #757004 ]
Thu, 05 March 2020 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Thu, 05 March 2020 13:01

Lines for tonight.

RNH - Drai - Yamo
Ach - Shea - Kass
AA - Khaira - Chia

Listening to Stauffer's show. Took a K.Russell shot in a bad spot. Stung a bit but he's fine and ready to go.

I am looking forward to when Klef is back to see what happens. I assume it's either Jones or Russell. My guess is the vet gets the nod but Tippett doesn't seem to be one to always go with the norm in my opinion.

I told you we should have traded Russell away last summer!

FWIW, I think it's even money that it's Russell who comes out. He's not supplanted Jones on that pairing with Larsson and Jones has been getting the TOI push over Russell. That should be a tell as to who the coach trusts more.

[Updated on: Thu, 05 March 2020 13:59]

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Chicago (Game #68) [message #757009 is a reply to message #757007 ]
Thu, 05 March 2020 14:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

1 Cup

Adam wrote on Thu, 05 March 2020 16:56

Lines for tonight.

RNH - Drai - Yamo
Ach - Shea - Kass
AA - Khaira - Chia

FWIW, I think it's even money that it's Russell who comes out. He's not supplanted Jones on that pairing with Larsson and Jones has been getting the TOI push over Russell. That should be a tell as to who the coach trusts more.

As much as I don't like Russell's contract, he IS an NHL Dman. IF we do make the playoffs, we are bound to have some guys banged up, and it's nice that we will have at least a couple of options to step in if needed.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Chicago (Game #68) [message #757010 is a reply to message #757009 ]
Thu, 05 March 2020 14:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Mike wrote on Thu, 05 March 2020 14:12

Adam wrote on Thu, 05 March 2020 16:56

Lines for tonight.

RNH - Drai - Yamo
Ach - Shea - Kass
AA - Khaira - Chia

As much as I don't like Russell's contract, he IS an NHL Dman. IF we do make the playoffs, we are bound to have some guys banged up, and it's nice that we will have at least a couple of options to step in if needed.

I totally agree. The Oilers have to in my opinion get rid of one of Sekera or Russell this past offseason. In order to improve the defense, one had to go just to free up a spot. I don't think they could have gotten rid of both. I think now with the emergence of Bear and Jones playing well, they can afford to dump Russell this offenses.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Chicago (Game #68) [message #757017 is a reply to message #757010 ]
Thu, 05 March 2020 16:49 Go to previous message
Ragnarok73  is currently offline Ragnarok73

2 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Thu, 05 March 2020 14:17

I totally agree. The Oilers have to in my opinion get rid of one of Sekera or Russell this past offseason. In order to improve the defense, one had to go just to free up a spot. I don't think they could have gotten rid of both. I think now with the emergence of Bear and Jones playing well, they can afford to dump Russell this offenses.

Enh, I still think it's too early to tell yet if Jones will be a long-term solution for the Oil's D. I'm more interested in seeing what Bouchard can bring to the table after having spent another year of seasoning in the minors.

"There's no greater springboard to development than failure." - Craig MacTavish, April 13/15.

5-14-6-1

"Sabres think the suck is their ally? They merely adopted the suck. The Oilers were born in it...molded by it."

Previous Topic:GDT: Edmonton @ Chicago (Game #68)
Next Topic:Review: Edmonton @ Dallas (Game #67)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca