Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » McDavid out 2-3 weeksPages (4): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  >  »]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: McDavid out 2-3 weeks [message #754403 is a reply to message #754363 ]
Wed, 12 February 2020 14:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

1 Cup

RDOilerfan wrote on Wed, 12 February 2020 09:52

Thank you for calling me out on something I said 9 months ago because I made an opinion on something based on the information I had at the time. Many months later when new information came out, information I had no way of knowing, it was incorrect. I forgot you are always right and know everything. Have a nice day.

Just when I think you cant out crazy yourself you double down on the self contradiction and shameless self promoting while somehow at the same time believing everything the Oilers shove down your throat.

I made an opinion on something based on the information I had at the time.

You dont make options, you regurgitate something that was told to you by the team. As usual you ignore all history, evidence or knowledge that contradicts the opinion you want to be true.

If anything the McDavid injury, this past summer and then the doc show that the Oilers were 100% hiding things, 100% self serving and still cant be trusted on any public info they share.

You were VERY angry at anyone that suggested the Oilers might be underselling the injury to McDavid. Even suggesting many of us were bad fans and hoping for worse or for the Oilers to fail just to be right.
You are also the same guy that repeatedly pats himself on the back the one in 25 times you get something right.

Sometimes it is ok to be wrong. You simply need to accept it, learn and be better.

I also hope you have a great day, even though history shows that is how you end a post when you are dead wrong and dont know what else to say because taking your ball and going home isnt an option.

Survivor LX(I) and 67 Champ(i)on

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 12:21

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Send a private message to this user  

Re: McDavid out 2-3 weeks [message #754407 is a reply to message #754403 ]
Wed, 12 February 2020 15:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

1 Cup

PlusOne wrote on Wed, 12 February 2020 14:43

Thank you for calling me out on something I said 9 months ago because I made an opinion on something based on the information I had at the time. Many months later when new information came out, information I had no way of knowing, it was incorrect. I forgot you are always right and know everything. Have a nice day.

Just when I think you cant out crazy yourself you double down on the self contradiction and shameless self promoting while somehow at the same time believing everything the Oilers shove down your throat.

I made an opinion on something based on the information I had at the time.

You dont make options, you regurgitate something that was told to you by the team. As usual you ignore all history, evidence or knowledge that contradicts the opinion you want to be true.

If anything the McDavid injury, this past summer and then the doc show that the Oilers were 100% hiding things, 100% self serving and still cant be trusted on any public info they share.

You were VERY angry at anyone that suggested the Oilers might be underselling the injury to McDavid. Even suggesting many of us were bad fans and hoping for worse or for the Oilers to fail just to be right.
You are also the same guy that repeatedly pats himself on the back the one in 25 times you get something right.

Sometimes it is ok to be wrong. You simply need to accept it, learn and be better.

I also hope you have a great day, even though history shows that is how you end a post when you are dead wrong and dont know what else to say because taking your ball and going home isnt an option.

It’s okay to be right sometimes too. Like I was about the Oilers lying about the severity of 97’s knee injury!

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: McDavid out 2-3 weeks [message #754411 is a reply to message #754407 ]
Wed, 12 February 2020 15:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Wed, 12 February 2020 15:11

It’s okay to be right sometimes too. Like I was about the Oilers lying about the severity of 97’s knee injury!

Sometimes I wish I wasn't pretty much always right about the Oilers. It would be nice if they would occasionally surprise and prove me wrong. It isn't like it's hard to read the tea leaves, and I'm hardly Nostr-Adam-us (although the Paul Coffey coaching thing still is spooky) - but still, I wouldn't mind being wrong some time and have the team, especially the team's management, outperform my incredibly low expectations for them.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: McDavid out 2-3 weeks [message #754412 is a reply to message #754411 ]
Wed, 12 February 2020 15:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Wed, 12 February 2020 15:23

Sometimes I wish I wasn't pretty much always right about the Oilers. It would be nice if they would occasionally surprise and prove me wrong. It isn't like it's hard to read the tea leaves, and I'm hardly Nostr-Adam-us (although the Paul Coffey coaching thing still is spooky) - but still, I wouldn't mind being wrong some time and have the team, especially the team's management, outperform my incredibly low expectations for them.

It's not your fault you cracked the code: the Oilers will screw things up and the media will cover for them. You could ignore that if you wanted, but you'd be doing it on purpose at this point.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: McDavid out 2-3 weeks [message #754413 is a reply to message #754411 ]
Wed, 12 February 2020 15:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

1 Cup

Adam wrote on Wed, 12 February 2020 16:23

Cheers to that.
I am not right about them most of the time because of inside knowledge or anything magical. It is simply learning from years of experience.
Until they show me differently I will continue to err on the side of skepticism and also continue to be proven right way more often than not.

Survivor LX(I) and 67 Champ(i)on

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 12:21

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: McDavid out 2-3 weeks [message #754366 is a reply to message #754160 ]
Wed, 12 February 2020 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rocksteady  is currently offline Rocksteady

No Cups

I liked reading Doc Oils explanation thanks @Dr.Oil!

Here's a question no one wants to think about.. what are the chances McDavid cuts his career short because he sustains the type of knee injuries Pavel Bure sustained on his way out?

I thought of this last night and broke out in a cold sweat.

The very definition of insanity is doing the exact same thing expecting different results.

Generally Disappointed.

Re: McDavid out 2-3 weeks [message #754368 is a reply to message #754366 ]
Wed, 12 February 2020 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

Rocksteady wrote on Wed, 12 February 2020 09:17

I liked reading Doc Oils explanation thanks @Dr.Oil!

Here's a question no one wants to think about.. what are the chances McDavid cuts his career short because he sustains the type of knee injuries Pavel Bure sustained on his way out?

I thought of this last night and broke out in a cold sweat.

Gary Roberts in the documentary pretty much said that. His fear was Connor almost goes too fast.

Re: McDavid out 2-3 weeks [message #754441 is a reply to message #754160 ]
Wed, 12 February 2020 20:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

McDavid Comes Back..[ 18 vote(s) ]
1.3 games: Home vs Boston 0 / 0%
2.4 games: Home vs Wild 2 / 11%
3.5 games: Away vs Kings 1 / 6%
4.6 games: Away vs Quacks 1 / 6%
5.7 Games: Away vs. Vegas 4 / 22%
6.8 games: Home vs Jets 7 / 39%
7.9 games: Home vs Nastyville 0 / 0%
8.10 games Home vs. Stars 0 / 0%
9.Stupid Poll.. the dude's a Freak-o-Nature, he's meeting them in Carolina BABY!! 1 / 6%
10.Stupid Poll.. he's back in September.. with a new documentary... 2 / 11%

When is McD back? He's a freak .. he's meeting the boys on the road trip!!

[Updated on: Wed, 12 February 2020 21:23]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: McDavid out 2-3 weeks [message #754442 is a reply to message #754441 ]
Wed, 12 February 2020 20:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Xombie  is currently offline Xombie

No Cups

I'm surprisingly ok with this bruise. I just hope the boys stay .500 and Connor comes back to tear the NHL a new one in the postseason! Let Leon have the Art Ross and Hart Connor. You already have those. What you want is a CONN SMYTHE BABY!!

Bob Marley and the (Hartford) Wailers.

Re: McDavid out 2-3 weeks [message #754445 is a reply to message #754442 ]
Wed, 12 February 2020 21:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Xombie wrote on Wed, 12 February 2020 19:34

I'm surprisingly ok with this bruise. I just hope the boys stay .500 and Connor comes back to tear the NHL a new one in the postseason! Let Leon have the Art Ross and Hart Connor. You already have those. What you want is a CONN SMYTHE BABY!!

You mean the CONNOR SMYTHE Trophy .. Oh Yeah! icon_nod

<SP>

[Updated on: Thu, 13 February 2020 14:48]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: McDavid out 2-3 weeks [message #754447 is a reply to message #754445 ]
Wed, 12 February 2020 22:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Wed, 12 February 2020 21:25

You mean the CONNER SMYTHE Trophy .. Oh Yeah! icon_nod

*Cough, cough* ConnOr *cough*

Wouldn't say anything, but it's our best player!

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55

Re: McDavid out 2-3 weeks [message #754480 is a reply to message #754447 ]
Thu, 13 February 2020 14:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Adam wrote on Wed, 12 February 2020 21:23

Skookum Jim wrote on Wed, 12 February 2020 21:25

You mean the CONNER SMYTHE Trophy .. Oh Yeah! icon_nod

*Cough, cough* ConnOr *cough*

Wouldn't say anything, but it's our best player!

oops!.. corrected!

He could add another R and pay some homage to Bobby..

CONN-ORR McDavid

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: McDavid out 2-3 weeks [message #754566 is a reply to message #754480 ]
Fri, 14 February 2020 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GabbyDugan  is currently offline GabbyDugan

No Cups

Per Stauffer, Granland called up, McDavid put on injury list retroactively. He could be eligible to return against Carolina on Sunday.

If Kassian is suspended, the Oilers can only have 22 players on the active roster.

Re: McDavid out 2-3 weeks [message #754567 is a reply to message #754566 ]
Fri, 14 February 2020 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

GabbyDugan wrote on Fri, 14 February 2020 12:23

Per Stauffer, Granland called up, McDavid put on injury list retroactively. He could be eligible to return against Carolina on Sunday.

If Kassian is suspended, the Oilers can only have 22 players on the active roster.

Oh yeah! Granlund! I forgot about him. Wasn’t he the de facto winner of the never scoring championship?

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: McDavid out 2-3 weeks [message #754571 is a reply to message #754567 ]
Fri, 14 February 2020 14:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Fri, 14 February 2020 13:00

Oh yeah! Granlund! I forgot about him. Wasn’t he the de facto winner of the never scoring championship?

Jurco's the one who never ever scored. Granlund got THREE goals with the Oilers. 3-1-4 in 31 games played.

Re: McDavid out 2-3 weeks [message #754580 is a reply to message #754571 ]
Fri, 14 February 2020 14:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Magnum  is currently offline Magnum

No Cups

Adam wrote on Fri, 14 February 2020 14:12

Jurco's the one who never ever scored. Granlund got THREE goals with the Oilers. 3-1-4 in 31 games played.

Granlund was the worst signing of the summer.

But I'm Glad the Holland signed a whole bunch of guys and let the settle out. That's what I've wanted the Oilers to do for years! Why not sign a bunch of dark, maybe grey, horse and get one or two good ones out of it. Those signings are literally zero risk.

2015/2016 - This Kool-Aid tastes like McDavid flavoured Drain-O.
2016/2017 - This Kool-Aid is starting to taste like juice.
2017/2018 - I'm drinking this Kool-Aid, in hopes that it's Drain-O.
2018/2019 - Another round of Drain-O, good sir!

Re: McDavid out 2-3 weeks [message #754583 is a reply to message #754571 ]
Fri, 14 February 2020 15:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

At least Jurco still has as many NHL goals this year as P.Russell. No shame in that.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: McDavid out 2-3 weeks [message #754607 is a reply to message #754583 ]
Fri, 14 February 2020 18:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Fri, 14 February 2020 14:09

At least Jurco still has as many NHL goals this year as P.Russell. No shame in that.

P. Russell .. works hard but...hands of granite
The guy is the Danish Toby rofl

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: McDavid out 2-3 weeks [message #754609 is a reply to message #754607 ]
Fri, 14 February 2020 18:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Fri, 14 February 2020 19:10

Kr55 wrote on Fri, 14 February 2020 14:09

P. Russell .. works hard but...hands of granite
The guy is the Danish Toby rofl

Can hear the end of season presser now;
“Patrick Russell hasn’t scored a goal. Patrick Russell has missed so many breakaways. If Patrick Russell had scored 2-4 goals, we’d have probably made the playoffs.”

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: McDavid out 2-3 weeks [message #754444 is a reply to message #754441 ]
Wed, 12 February 2020 21:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Magnum  is currently offline Magnum

No Cups

I voted September, only because it’s more funny.

4 games, he’s back.

2015/2016 - This Kool-Aid tastes like McDavid flavoured Drain-O.
2016/2017 - This Kool-Aid is starting to taste like juice.
2017/2018 - I'm drinking this Kool-Aid, in hopes that it's Drain-O.
2018/2019 - Another round of Drain-O, good sir!

Re: McDavid out 2-3 weeks [message #754458 is a reply to message #754444 ]
Thu, 13 February 2020 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

I said he will be back for Minnie. Rather than rehab at home, he decided to spend more of Katz's money and went back to his witch doctors rehab team. Based on that video, they made it seem like what all those guys did to rehab McDavid was an act of god. So if that is the case, send him there. I think he will be back next week when the team is home from the road trip. He will be practicing and will be borderline to play the Bruins but take that game off just in case.

Leon will have a VERY healthy lead on the scoring race. McDavid being an extremely competitive guy will take that as fuel and go on some kind of an insane run.

Re: McDavid out 2-3 weeks [message #754471 is a reply to message #754160 ]
Thu, 13 February 2020 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Suomalainen  is currently offline Suomalainen

No Cups

Some people will do anything to not have to go to Florida.

Re: McDavid out 2-3 weeks [message #754620 is a reply to message #754160 ]
Fri, 14 February 2020 22:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smyth260  is currently offline smyth260

No Cups

Just listening to the 31 thoughts podcast. Friedman says that the Oilers are just going to have to live with the fact that McDavid's medical treatment from here out is going to be with his own team.

It's definitely a worrying sign that there isn't much trust there. I hope that it's not a sign of other things.

Clean house or bust

Re: McDavid out 2-3 weeks [message #754621 is a reply to message #754620 ]
Fri, 14 February 2020 22:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

smyth260 wrote on Fri, 14 February 2020 22:03

Just listening to the 31 thoughts podcast. Friedman says that the Oilers are just going to have to live with the fact that McDavid's medical treatment from here out is going to be with his own team.

It's definitely a worrying sign that there isn't much trust there. I hope that it's not a sign of other things.

If I had a torn PCL, another muscle around the knee completely torn, my meniscus completely torn off, and a fracture, and my team doctor got the MRI that must have just been a blur of inflammation revealing nothing conclusive and said "meh, just a PCL sprain", then I likely would never trust them ever again either.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: McDavid out 2-3 weeks [message #754622 is a reply to message #754621 ]
Fri, 14 February 2020 23:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smyth260  is currently offline smyth260

No Cups

Yeah I absolutely get it. Just the language he used. The Oilers have to "live with this". If the team is sending him that is one thing, if he's made the decision because the trust isn't there medically, then you have to wonder what else.

It's sure weird that for what looks to be a not very serious injury, he doesn't appear to trust the team to take care of it.

I don't know, I'm just getting all sorts of bad feelings about this.

Clean house or bust

Re: McDavid out 2-3 weeks [message #754623 is a reply to message #754622 ]
Fri, 14 February 2020 23:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

smyth260 wrote on Fri, 14 February 2020 23:02

Yeah I absolutely get it. Just the language he used. The Oilers have to "live with this". If the team is sending him that is one thing, if he's made the decision because the trust isn't there medically, then you have to wonder what else.

It's sure weird that for what looks to be a not very serious injury, he doesn't appear to trust the team to take care of it.

Listened to it now. Honestly, to me it just sounded like McDavid is going with the guys he trusts, especially with anything to do with his knee. McDavid is now a seasoned vet about injuries and rehab, and if I was in his shoes and had the resources, I would never again let people I don't already trust 100% (not only trust, but know they are the best of the best) to check on any questionable injury I had. He has a whole team now that he spent all last off-season with.

Oilers just need to accept that McDavid's injury handling and recovery time is out of their hands now. I don't see how that would change going forward with any other team. No team will have the kinds of doctors on staff available to the average joe player that McDavid now has access to and experience with.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: McDavid out 2-3 weeks [message #754626 is a reply to message #754623 ]
Sat, 15 February 2020 03:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Xombie  is currently offline Xombie

No Cups

Kr55 wrote on Fri, 14 February 2020 22:41

Listened to it now. Honestly, to me it just sounded like McDavid is going with the guys he trusts, especially with anything to do with his knee. McDavid is now a seasoned vet about injuries and rehab, and if I was in his shoes and had the resources, I would never again let people I don't already trust 100% (not only trust, but know they are the best of the best) to check on any questionable injury I had. He has a whole team now that he spent all last off-season with.

Oilers just need to accept that McDavid's injury handling and recovery time is out of their hands now. I don't see how that would change going forward with any other team. No team will have the kinds of doctors on staff available to the average joe player that McDavid now has access to and experience with.

If I was named, say Leon Draisaitl, I'd ask my buddy Connor for Gary Robert's number. Maybe cut them a check, a donation for the institute, in case I ever need a rehab too.

Is this two tier health care!?!?!?!

Bob Marley and the (Hartford) Wailers.

Re: McDavid out 2-3 weeks [message #754647 is a reply to message #754626 ]
Sat, 15 February 2020 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Xombie wrote on Sat, 15 February 2020 03:25

If I was named, say Leon Draisaitl, I'd ask my buddy Connor for Gary Robert's number. Maybe cut them a check, a donation for the institute, in case I ever need a rehab too.

Yeah, this is a case where I am 100% fine with some people having access to far superior healthcare :) Even above all the rest of the Oilers.

I suppose it would be OK for Leon to get Tier 1 care too. But the rest of the guys, definitely tier 2 or below. Don't be wasting the time of the Tier 1's.

[Updated on: Sat, 15 February 2020 11:10]

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: McDavid out 2-3 weeks [message #754648 is a reply to message #754647 ]
Sat, 15 February 2020 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Kr55 wrote on Sat, 15 February 2020 11:07

Xombie wrote on Sat, 15 February 2020 03:25

Yeah, this is a case where I am 100% fine with some people having access to far superior healthcare :) Even above all the rest of the Oilers.

I suppose it would be OK for Leon to get Tier 1 care too. But the rest of the guys, definitely tier 2 or below. Don't be wasting the time of the Tier 1's.

Right? We don’t want Connor in the waiting room while Kris Russell is getting a bruise from a shotblock looked at.

Re: McDavid out 2-3 weeks [message #754896 is a reply to message #754620 ]
Mon, 17 February 2020 16:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

smyth260 wrote on Fri, 14 February 2020 21:03

Nobody has approached an injury that McD had like that before, no surgery, its leading edge.
McD went to a specialist in Colorado that advised surgery... McD chose new over proven techniques.
McD was the experiment... and.. it worked !! (thank you Lord!)
His "team" know the athlete, he knows the team, not a surprise at all he'd choose to stick with what's worked.

As well, an MRI taken right after an injury when it's inflamed ,swollen, and full of fluids produces an image that is hard to review, tissue contrast is poor. Oilers not to blame for that, a radiologist would have reviewed it, along with the specialist, probably others, I doubt they are all idiots, JMHO.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: McDavid out 2-3 weeks [message #754753 is a reply to message #754160 ]
Sun, 16 February 2020 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

https://www.tsn.ca/connor-mcdavid-expected-to-rejoin-team-in -edmonton-after-further-testing-on-tuesday-1.1443710?tsn-amp

Quote:

“Edmonton Oilers star Connor McDavid will have further testing on his injured quad on Tuesday and is expected to rejoin the team in Edmonton in the next 2-3 days, according to TSN's Ryan Rishaug.”

Enjoy your weekend. My day just got better.

[Updated on: Sun, 16 February 2020 12:49]

Re: McDavid out 2-3 weeks [message #754758 is a reply to message #754753 ]
Sun, 16 February 2020 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

inverno76 wrote on Sun, 16 February 2020 13:47

https://www.tsn.ca/connor-mcdavid-expected-to-rejoin-team-in -edmonton-after-further-testing-on-tuesday-1.1443710?tsn-amp

Quote:

“Edmonton Oilers star Connor McDavid will have further testing on his injured quad on Tuesday and is expected to rejoin the team in Edmonton in the next 2-3 days, according to TSN's Ryan Rishaug.”

He joins the team and plays on the upcoming roadie, you’re welcome G2K! You’ll get to see 97 in Vegas (I hope)!

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: McDavid out 2-3 weeks [message #754766 is a reply to message #754758 ]
Sun, 16 February 2020 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gator21  is currently offline Gator21

No Cups

Does news that McDavid will rejoin the team in 2-3 days bump up his timeline at all? Or does it simply just mean he will rejoin the team after being in TO?

Re: McDavid out 2-3 weeks [message #754890 is a reply to message #754766 ]
Mon, 17 February 2020 15:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Gator21 wrote on Sun, 16 February 2020 14:06

Does news that McDavid will rejoin the team in 2-3 days bump up his timeline at all? Or does it simply just mean he will rejoin the team after being in TO?

Excellent question. He may just be flying home to Edmonton at the same time as them. They may just find it entertaining to jerk Rishaug's chain now...

Re: McDavid out 2-3 weeks [message #754897 is a reply to message #754890 ]
Mon, 17 February 2020 16:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 17 February 2020 14:49

Excellent question. He may just be flying home to Edmonton at the same time as them. They may just find it entertaining to jerk Rishaug's chain now...

Back for Boston BABY!

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: McDavid out 2-3 weeks [message #754903 is a reply to message #754897 ]
Mon, 17 February 2020 18:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Mon, 17 February 2020 17:31

Adam wrote on Mon, 17 February 2020 14:49

Back for Boston BABY!

No way. I don’t believe it.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: McDavid out 2-3 weeks [message #755027 is a reply to message #754903 ]
Wed, 19 February 2020 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GabbyDugan  is currently offline GabbyDugan

No Cups

Not sure if John Shannon is a reliable source, but he was telling Stauffer that McDavid won't be making the California/Nevada trip and will be back in the lineup when the Oilers come back home. Hope he's got it wrong; would hate for G2K to go to all that trouble to get tickets in Vegas and not see McDavid shoot out the lights against the Knights.

Re: McDavid out 2-3 weeks [message #754780 is a reply to message #754753 ]
Sun, 16 February 2020 14:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

inverno76 wrote on Sun, 16 February 2020 12:47

Quote:

Not sure how this makes me feel.

I like many things about Holland , but when he stated 2-3 weeks, hopefully sooner, it unsettled me. 97 puts enough pressure on himself as it is.

When I detached my bicep I was told by my surgeon I would be away from work 2-3 months. I felt I put my co-workers in an even tougher position as we were under a very heavy work load. When I gave my boss the surgeons news, he said “oh that’s too bad, hopefully you get back sooner”. Although he likely didn’t mean much with the comment, it put more pressure/guilt on my mind. I ended up coming back to work waaaay to early. Basically the injury/recovery was tougher mentally than physically.

I hope prioritization is finally in order in this organization. You can’t blame anyone for being jaded though.

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: McDavid out 2-3 weeks [message #754793 is a reply to message #754780 ]
Sun, 16 February 2020 15:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

g2k wrote on Sun, 16 February 2020 14:47

Quote:

I like many things about Holland , but when he stated 2-3 weeks, hopefully sooner, it unsettled me. 97 puts enough pressure on himself as it is.

When I detached my bicep I was told by my surgeon I would be away from work 2-3 months. I felt I put my co-workers in an even tougher position as we were under a very heavy work load. When I gave my boss the surgeons news, he said “oh that’s too bad, hopefully you get back sooner”. Although he likely didn’t mean much with the comment, it put more pressure/guilt on my mind. I ended up coming back to work waaaay to early. Basically the injury/recovery was tougher mentally than physically.

I hope prioritization is finally in order in this organization. You can’t blame anyone for being jaded though.

I feel the organization actually cares about McDavid, or at least the investment that is #97. Heck even the way they dealt with Benning this season. It appears they are pro player and the long term opposed to immediate gratification.

Re: McDavid out 2-3 weeks [message #754837 is a reply to message #754793 ]
Sun, 16 February 2020 16:46 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

inverno76 wrote on Sun, 16 February 2020 15:37

g2k wrote on Sun, 16 February 2020 14:47

Quote:

I feel the organization actually cares about McDavid, or at least the investment that is #97. Heck even the way they dealt with Benning this season. It appears they are pro player and the long term opposed to immediate gratification.

It does appear to be a new trend.

Hoping.

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: McDavid out 2-3 weeks [message #755114 is a reply to message #754160 ]
Thu, 20 February 2020 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MJ  is currently offline MJ

No Cups

Getting there...

https://www.tsn.ca/connor-mcdavid-to-travel-with-edmonton-oi lers-on-upcoming-road-trip-1.1445813

Edmonton Oilers captain Connor McDavid will join the team for their upcoming road trip, general manager Ken Holland announced Thursday.

McDavid was on the ice for practice Thursday for the first time since sustaining a quad injury on Feb. 8. Holland announced last week that McDavid would miss two-to-three weeks with the injury.

@EdmontonOilers
#Oilers GM & President of Hockey Ops Ken Holland notes that Connor McDavid is “feeling good” & joined the group for today’s practice following skating on his own this morning. He will travel with the team on their upcoming trip.

It's unclear when McDavid will rejoin the Oilers lineup. After hosting the Minnesota Wild on Friday, the Oilers will face the Los Angeles Kings Sunday, followed by back-to-back games against the Anaheim Ducks and Vegas Golden Knights on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Pages (4): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  >  »]  
Previous Topic:Pregame: Minnesota @ Edmonton (Game #61)
Next Topic:Review: Boston @ Edmonton (Game #60)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca