This day on April 25
None

Happy Birthday To: Scott, kayla_foley

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #52)Pages (3): [ «  <  1  2  3  >  »]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #52) [message #753305 is a reply to message #753295 ]
Sun, 02 February 2020 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bigEfromGP  is currently offline bigEfromGP

No Cups

WhoreableGuy wrote on Sun, 02 February 2020 06:47

https://i.ibb.co/gwpT80K/B0-BF127-D-EF09-4-D2-E-B514-B9-CFF45-E5-CC9.jpg

It’s baffling to me how little Flames fans still understand Lucic’s contract. It doesn’t matter if I’m talking to friends and co-workers they all try justifying the trade and I keep reiterating that just not having Lucic’s contract on the Oilers books is a win regardless.

Head over the CP. Tons of posters calling for Ward to send Lucic down. These morons don't even understand how a NMC works.

CrusaderPi wrote on Fri, 09 October 2020 13:17

CrudeRemarks wrote on Fri, 09 October 2020 13:00

The president thinks he has the ideal male body.
It's hard to disagree that he has the ideal male body.

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #52) [message #753306 is a reply to message #753305 ]
Sun, 02 February 2020 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

bigEfromGP wrote on Sun, 02 February 2020 10:36

WhoreableGuy wrote on Sun, 02 February 2020 06:47

https://i.ibb.co/gwpT80K/B0-BF127-D-EF09-4-D2-E-B514-B9-CFF45-E5-CC9.jpg

It’s baffling to me how little Flames fans still understand Lucic’s contract. It doesn’t matter if I’m talking to friends and co-workers they all try justifying the trade and I keep reiterating that just not having Lucic’s contract on the Oilers books is a win regardless.

Head over the CP. Tons of posters calling for Ward to send Lucic down. These morons don't even understand how a NMC works.

Along with countless posts calling for Treliving’s head for the soft/gutless team he’s assembled and demands of trading everyone not named Tkachuk, Lindholm, Giordano or Andersson.

I seriously don’t get the Flames love for this Rasmus Andersson guy. I’ve watched probably a dozen Flames games this year, outside BoA’s, as a hockey fan and though I admittedly watch with SOME bias, I don’t see anything that this guy brings on the ice to make me think he’s anything more than a 3rd pair plug. They extended him for 6 years at 4.5AAV and while Brodie and Hamonic both come off the books for them this summer, barring extensions, the clear plan is that he will be one of their top 3 dmen. As an Oilers fan, I like it. 97 and 29 will be able to expose this pretender for years.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #52) [message #753300 is a reply to message #753224 ]
Sun, 02 February 2020 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

During the brawl, part of me was hoping Nurse would get a hold of Giordano and give him a good licking.

The other part of me worried that if he did so, he would break his hand on that 70 lb boulder skull.

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #52) [message #753303 is a reply to message #753300 ]
Sun, 02 February 2020 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jakey  is currently offline Jakey

No Cups

The best BOA & hockey game i’ve Seen in over 15-20 years. Won literally all facets of the game! Impressed!

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #52) [message #753304 is a reply to message #753300 ]
Sun, 02 February 2020 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

1 Cup

g2k wrote on Sun, 02 February 2020 08:34

During the brawl, part of me was hoping Nurse would get a hold of Giordano and give him a good licking.

The other part of me worried that if he did so, he would break his hand on that 70 lb boulder skull.

Gio is just lucky Nuge wasn’t in the ice during the big scrum or he would’ve felt the fists of justice.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #52) [message #753307 is a reply to message #753224 ]
Sun, 02 February 2020 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55 is currently online Kr55

6 Cups

WOuld love to know some of the chirps they gave Rittich as he went off (the first time)

Sportsnet @Sportsnet
"It’s just disrespectful. We hit two posts and he’s celebrating like they won the Stanley Cup," said the @EdmontonOilers' Leon Draisaitl

Could see Rittich smash his stick as soon as he got down the tunnel. Mike Smith called him out too as a guy he is friends with, but definitely can go too far. Hope a little doubt creeps into his game.

[Updated on: Sun, 02 February 2020 10:22]

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #52) [message #753309 is a reply to message #753224 ]
Sun, 02 February 2020 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

guess we can thank Nurse for the goalie fight

@TheNationChris
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EPwAoSOU4AAn4vA?format=jpg&name=900x900

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #52) [message #753314 is a reply to message #753309 ]
Sun, 02 February 2020 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Sun, 02 February 2020 09:10

guess we can thank Nurse for the goalie fight

@TheNationChris
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EPwAoSOU4AAn4vA?format=jpg&name=900x900

LOL!

Good catch!

25: "Hey Cam.. he's waiting for ya.."

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #52) [message #753310 is a reply to message #753224 ]
Sun, 02 February 2020 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Hope no Oilers players look at this site

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL/Western/Pacific/Edmonton. html

50/50 shot if we play 2 games under .500 the rest of the way.

Perennial Oilers doubter analytics guy on theathletic has his model giving us an 84% shot now

https://i.ibb.co/xHkgWYT/2020-02-02.jpg

Start of the year based purely off our roster our odds were barely over 20%. Dipped under 20% after the horrid December we had. Thinking Yamamoto's small career sample size gave us a boost in his model.

[Updated on: Sun, 02 February 2020 10:58]

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #52) [message #753313 is a reply to message #753310 ]
Sun, 02 February 2020 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Magnum  is currently offline Magnum

No Cups

Is there any analysis going into that chart? Is just seems like a reproduction of the standings, but in chart form. Must be weighted to points in the standings closer to the end of the season, and based on players and last years' standings at the beginning of the year. The predictive value is probably as good as the current standings are.

2015/2016 - This Kool-Aid tastes like McDavid flavoured Drain-O.
2016/2017 - This Kool-Aid is starting to taste like juice.
2017/2018 - I'm drinking this Kool-Aid, in hopes that it's Drain-O.
2018/2019 - Another round of Drain-O, good sir!

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #52) [message #753315 is a reply to message #753313 ]
Sun, 02 February 2020 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Magnum wrote on Sun, 02 February 2020 12:45

Is there any analysis going into that chart? Is just seems like a reproduction of the standings, but in chart form. Must be weighted to points in the standings closer to the end of the season, and based on players and last years' standings at the beginning of the year. The predictive value is probably as good as the current standings are.

He uses a player model that assigns each player a score for how many wins they are worth. Can see at the start of the chart that his model said we are garbage, 2nd worst in the division (Kings last). Somewhat understandable because we had so many spots filled with total unknowns like guys from Europe that never touched NHL ice. Goalies didn't help at all either.

Even when we were leading the division our lineup quality still was keeping us barely over 50% to make it. When the flames were completely in the dumps before Peters was fired, he still didn't have them dipping under 40%, yet when we were in a wildcard spot in Dec we are sitting around 20%.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #52) [message #753311 is a reply to message #753224 ]
Sun, 02 February 2020 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ragnarok73  is currently offline Ragnarok73

2 Cups

Sure would have been nice if the season series wasn't completely in the favor of the Flamers, but if they only could win one game, this was the game to do it in. Good goals, good fights, and beating the living hell out of them in their own arena in front of the knuckle-dragging mouthbreathers they call fans while leap-frogging them in the standings and still having a game at hand. Not bad for a night's work....

P.S.: The only things keeping this from being a perfect game were Gio and Tkachuk remaining self-ambulatory at the end...

"There's no greater springboard to development than failure." - Craig MacTavish, April 13/15.

5-14-6-1

"Sabres think the suck is their ally? They merely adopted the suck. The Oilers were born in it...molded by it."

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #52) [message #753312 is a reply to message #753311 ]
Sun, 02 February 2020 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Ragnarok73 wrote on Sun, 02 February 2020 11:56

Sure would have been nice if the season series wasn't completely in the favor of the Flamers, but if they only could win one game, this was the game to do it in. Good goals, good fights, and beating the living hell out of them in their own arena in front of the knuckle-dragging mouthbreathers they call fans while leap-frogging them in the standings and still having a game at hand. Not bad for a night's work....

P.S.: The only things keeping this from being a perfect game were Gio and Tkachuk remaining self-ambulatory at the end...

I really feel that this game as a response to the past two games against the Flames, is well embodied by this meme:

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/023/093/911.jpg

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #52) [message #753316 is a reply to message #753311 ]
Sun, 02 February 2020 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
welcometotheOC  is currently offline welcometotheOC

No Cups

just remember the first tiebraker is regulation time wins (not OT or shootout). The Oilers are 6 regulation wins ahead of the fLamers. That is a bit comforting at least.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #52) [message #753317 is a reply to message #753316 ]
Sun, 02 February 2020 14:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

welcometotheOC wrote on Sun, 02 February 2020 15:05

just remember the first tiebraker is regulation time wins (not OT or shootout). The Oilers are 6 regulation wins ahead of the fLamers. That is a bit comforting at least.

As well as team goal differential... the head to head thing is the 4th tie breaker. I think anyway.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #52) [message #753318 is a reply to message #753316 ]
Sun, 02 February 2020 16:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WhoreableGuy  is currently offline WhoreableGuy

No Cups

welcometotheOC wrote on Sun, 02 February 2020 14:05

It's actually 7, I just checked.

The Flames have only 17 regulation wins in 53 games played. No wonder they fizzle out come playoff time, no 3 on 3 or shootout when the games go into extra time. To be honest they shouldn't be in a playoff spot, crazy.

"Bah Gawd! Would somebody stop the damn draft!"

- Jim Ross calling the NHL Draft Lotto 2015 as the Oilers win

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #52) [message #753319 is a reply to message #753318 ]
Sun, 02 February 2020 16:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bigEfromGP  is currently offline bigEfromGP

No Cups

WhoreableGuy wrote on Sun, 02 February 2020 16:00

welcometotheOC wrote on Sun, 02 February 2020 14:05

It's actually 7, I just checked.

The Flames have only 17 regulation wins in 53 games played. No wonder they fizzle out come playoff time, no 3 on 3 or shootout when the games go into extra time. To be honest they shouldn't be in a playoff spot, crazy.

I think it's worse than that. I read 1 regulation win in January. Last time they won by more than 1 goal was the first game against Edm.

CrusaderPi wrote on Fri, 09 October 2020 13:17

CrudeRemarks wrote on Fri, 09 October 2020 13:00

The president thinks he has the ideal male body.
It's hard to disagree that he has the ideal male body.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #52) [message #753321 is a reply to message #753319 ]
Mon, 03 February 2020 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

Absolutely loved that game!

Oilers were the better team on Wednesday, Rittich played well and got bailed out by his posts twice. He disrespected the Oilers and especially Leon. They and Leon filed it away and boot stomped the Flames on their home ice. They beat the crap out of them on the score sheet and even won most of the fights. I didn't see the Khaira fight. I thought Bear handled himself extremely well against a bigger Tkachuk and to me took the decision. Smith beat up Talbot.

Lucic. icon_lol Enjoy Calgary. Enjoy.

[Updated on: Mon, 03 February 2020 10:47]

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #52) [message #753322 is a reply to message #753321 ]
Mon, 03 February 2020 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GabbyDugan  is currently offline GabbyDugan

No Cups

I loved the way the game appealed to our primal instincts. Why wouldn't the NHL be thrilled with games like this? As much as the fans on both sides were/are screaming for more revenge and retribution, the skill displayed, especially by the Oilers, was absolutely superb. I know that Calgary has already won the season's series over the Oilers points wise, but the Oilers seem to finally be learning how to win over the Flames.

Connor McDavid scored two fabulous goals, and this has hardly been mentioned in the post game discussions. Draisaitl had a great game, too with three assists. Yamamoto has played so well since his call up from Bakersfield, and Saturday night might have been his best game so far.

The defense was a little clumsy, but showed some very positive signs. Larsson was very physical, and Nurse and Bear are showing skill and physical presence. I thought Jones looked very stable and confident, and I really like the way he is coming along - steady improvement as the Oilers slowly bring him along. His partner Matt Benning seems to be recovering nicely from his injuries, and is shaking off the rust from a long layoff. Kris Russell I hope can recover from his injuries, but he is almost excess baggage on this team.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #52) [message #753323 is a reply to message #753322 ]
Mon, 03 February 2020 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smyth260  is currently offline smyth260

No Cups

I think the NHL is privately thrilled with the game, but would never say so publicly.

Nobody got hurt, there was no head-hunting or dirty plays, yet it had all the emotions. It was the perfect game.

Clean house or bust

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #52) [message #753331 is a reply to message #753322 ]
Mon, 03 February 2020 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

GabbyDugan wrote on Mon, 03 February 2020 09:06

Kris Russell I hope can recover from his injuries, but he is almost excess baggage on this team.

Hey - Jim Matheson tweeted that Russell is very valuable to this team and you wouldn't find any of his teammates who'd say a bad word about him!

If Ol' Jim likes him, who are we to say anything different?

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #52) [message #753333 is a reply to message #753331 ]
Mon, 03 February 2020 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 03 February 2020 10:45

Kris Russell I hope can recover from his injuries, but he is almost excess baggage on this team.

Hey - Jim Matheson tweeted that Russell is very valuable to this team and you wouldn't find any of his teammates who'd say a bad word about him!

If he's making 2 mill in and in your 3rd pairing, it's not a big deal to have him on the team. At 4 mill cap hit, he makes too much.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #52) [message #753337 is a reply to message #753333 ]
Mon, 03 February 2020 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 03 February 2020 10:48

If he's making 2 mill in and in your 3rd pairing, it's not a big deal to have him on the team. At 4 mill cap hit, he makes too much.

Even at $2MM, it's pretty ugly when he's the 7th best defenceman on the roster.

The coach has been playing a raw rookie on his off-side because he trusts him more to play the right than Kris Russell...that's damning.

Here's praying there's someone who loves shot blocking who'll take him this summer.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #52) [message #753340 is a reply to message #753337 ]
Mon, 03 February 2020 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 03 February 2020 10:51

The coach has been playing a raw rookie on his off-side because he trusts him more to play the right than Kris Russell...that's damning.

Here's praying there's someone who loves shot blocking who'll take him this summer.

Are you making your comments on Russell objectively or does your dislike of Russell play a factor? You haven't been a fan of his for a very long time.

I am not a Russell lover what so ever. The Oilers for a while lacked NHL dmen, while not ideal, he filled a void. He wasn't amazing but adequate for the most part. Now that the have strengthened their defense and seemingly have more coming, I've been saying it a long time now that they need to get rid of him. But in saying that, I have a hard time believing he'd be a #7 dman on very many teams in this league, he'd be playing.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #52) [message #753354 is a reply to message #753340 ]
Mon, 03 February 2020 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 03 February 2020 11:03

Are you making your comments on Russell objectively or does your dislike of Russell play a factor? You haven't been a fan of his for a very long time.

I am not a Russell lover what so ever. The Oilers for a while lacked NHL dmen, while not ideal, he filled a void. He wasn't amazing but adequate for the most part. Now that the have strengthened their defense and seemingly have more coming, I've been saying it a long time now that they need to get rid of him. But in saying that, I have a hard time believing he'd be a #7 dman on very many teams in this league, he'd be playing.

I'm pretty objective - the reasons I don't like Russell aren't personal. He's not a good puck distributor, he struggles to advance the puck and he gives up the blueline too easily.

Doesn't really matter if he'd be the 7th best defencemen on other teams. While I think that's likely where he'd slot in with many, that's where we're at here. Bear passed him, Benning passed him and I think Jones is passing him. I also don't think it's a coincidence that Jones scored and has looked better the last couple games - he's finally playing on his correct side, so he's more comfortable.

That leaves Russell at #7, with a slim lead on Bouchard and Lagesson. The sooner we can move him the better, because if he's a healthy scratch here, it's going to hurt his already fading marketability, but at the same time you can't ask the coach to slot him in if he's not the best option.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #52) [message #753383 is a reply to message #753354 ]
Mon, 03 February 2020 16:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 03 February 2020 11:49

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 03 February 2020 11:03

I'm pretty objective - the reasons I don't like Russell aren't personal. He's not a good puck distributor, he struggles to advance the puck and he gives up the blueline too easily.

Doesn't really matter if he'd be the 7th best defencemen on other teams. While I think that's likely where he'd slot in with many, that's where we're at here. Bear passed him, Benning passed him and I think Jones is passing him. I also don't think it's a coincidence that Jones scored and has looked better the last couple games - he's finally playing on his correct side, so he's more comfortable.

That leaves Russell at #7, with a slim lead on Bouchard and Lagesson. The sooner we can move him the better, because if he's a healthy scratch here, it's going to hurt his already fading marketability, but at the same time you can't ask the coach to slot him in if he's not the best option.

Trust me, I'm objective.
lmao smash

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #52) [message #753396 is a reply to message #753337 ]
Tue, 04 February 2020 00:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

Glass half full, good for the organization that he's being moved down the lineup, rather than getting thrown into the 2nd pairing because of stiffs who aren't as good. Less than 1.5 seasons remaining. I'd like to know the details of the modified NM clause.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #52) [message #753330 is a reply to message #753321 ]
Mon, 03 February 2020 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 03 February 2020 08:37

Oilers were the better team on Wednesday, Rittich played well and got bailed out by his posts twice. He disrespected the Oilers and especially Leon. They and Leon filed it away and boot stomped the Flames on their home ice. They beat the crap out of them on the score sheet and even won most of the fights. I didn't see the Khaira fight. I thought Bear handled himself extremely well against a bigger Tkachuk and to me too the decision. Smith beat up Talbot.

Also didn't see the Khaira fight, but heard he labelled Big Buddy with a punch and got the decision.

I do with that Nurse had pummelled Giordano. Thought he got off a little easy, although hopefully a couple of Gagner's punches landed. Apparently Gagner's been burning to give Giordano a little chin music for a long time - Stauffer tweeted that Giordano was giving facewashes to him when he was coming back from his broken jaw. Just the worst.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #52) [message #753334 is a reply to message #753330 ]
Mon, 03 February 2020 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 03 February 2020 10:44

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 03 February 2020 08:37

Oilers were the better team on Wednesday, Rittich played well and got bailed out by his posts twice. He disrespected the Oilers and especially Leon. They and Leon filed it away and boot stomped the Flames on their home ice. They beat the crap out of them on the score sheet and even won most of the fights. I didn't see the Khaira fight. I thought Bear handled himself extremely well against a bigger Tkachuk and to me too the decision. Smith beat up Talbot.

Also didn't see the Khaira fight, but heard he labelled Big Buddy with a punch and got the decision.

I do with that Nurse had pummelled Giordano. Thought he got off a little easy, although hopefully a couple of Gagner's punches landed. Apparently Gagner's been burning to give Giordano a little chin music for a long time - Stauffer tweeted that Giordano was giving facewashes to him when he was coming back from his broken jaw. Just the worst.

I like seeing Gagner get in there and make Gio look like a chump.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #52) [message #753338 is a reply to message #753224 ]
Mon, 03 February 2020 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Saw the brawl again. Tkachuk totally comes in for cheap shots on Gagner when Gags was tied up with Gio. Then Tkachuk 100% was pulling Bear's hair during that fight.

Sheesh, someone put that little prick out of his misery already.

Also missed before that Talbot was working over Chaisson's face with blocker shots on the boards too. Probably the last straw for Smith. Doesn't the league do something about goalies excessively using their blocker as a weapon? Talbot was using it on everyone he could.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #52) [message #753344 is a reply to message #753338 ]
Mon, 03 February 2020 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jds308  is currently offline jds308

No Cups

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 03 February 2020 09:55

Saw the brawl again. Tkachuk totally comes in for cheap shots on Gagner when Gags was tied up with Gio. Then Tkachuk 100% was pulling Bear's hair during that fight.

Also missed before that Talbot was working over Chaisson's face with blocker shots on the boards too. Probably the last straw for Smith. Doesn't the league do something about goalies excessively using their blocker as a weapon? Talbot was using it on everyone he could.

I was wondering this as well, isn't Talbot's assault (on more than 1 Oilers player, and with a weapon) the same as Kassian's assault on Tkachuk when he turtled? Repeatedly punching a defenceless, vulnerable, or unwilling opponent is worth a 2 game suspension I thought. I don't personally think Talbot should be suspended, but according to the precedent set by Parros, he should be.

I make music:
Undermaker442

308 Media Group

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #52) [message #753346 is a reply to message #753344 ]
Mon, 03 February 2020 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi is currently online CrusaderPi

6 Cups

jds308 wrote on Mon, 03 February 2020 11:18

I was wondering this as well, isn't Talbot's assault (on more than 1 Oilers player, and with a weapon) the same as Kassian's assault on Tkachuk when he turtled? Repeatedly punching a defenceless, vulnerable, or unwilling opponent is worth a 2 game suspension I thought. I don't personally think Talbot should be suspended, but according to the precedent set by Parros, he should be.

Precedent? Parros?

Seems unlikely.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #52) [message #753366 is a reply to message #753346 ]
Mon, 03 February 2020 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jds308  is currently offline jds308

No Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Mon, 03 February 2020 10:21

Precedent? Parros?

Seems unlikely.

Plus, Talbot is a goalie, and there are different standards for them. Also, Gagner clearly had it coming so it's all good ;)

I make music:
Undermaker442

308 Media Group

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #52) [message #753371 is a reply to message #753366 ]
Mon, 03 February 2020 14:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

jds308 wrote on Mon, 03 February 2020 13:50

CrusaderPi wrote on Mon, 03 February 2020 10:21

Precedent? Parros?

Seems unlikely.

Plus, Talbot is a goalie, and there are different standards for them. Also, Gagner clearly had it coming so it's all good ;)

McDavid did yell at the ref last game, so really the whole Edmonton team is lucky they called anything at all against Calgary.

Maybe Mclellan had it right all along...

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #52) [message #753382 is a reply to message #753338 ]
Mon, 03 February 2020 16:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Xombie  is currently offline Xombie

No Cups

I noticed the hair pull as well. I also thought that if Turtlechuck had any respect for his opponent at all, he would have taken off his visored helmet. Wasn't that supposed to be automatic extra two minutes? Just like not having a jersey tied down or puck over the glass in your own d zone, I was lead to believe. Stop game management on auto calls zebras! Yes Kass should have gotten 5 for his fight too with that first incident.

Bob Marley and the (Hartford) Wailers.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #52) [message #753384 is a reply to message #753382 ]
Mon, 03 February 2020 16:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GabbyDugan  is currently offline GabbyDugan

No Cups

More acknowledgment of Draisaitl's contribution since he helped spark the second line.

https://www.nhl.com/news/leon-draisaitl-steven-stamkos-jt-mi ller-named-nhl-3-stars/c-314587012

Putting those three together seems to have made all three play better hockey. Keep it up, men!!!!! smash smash

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #52) [message #753398 is a reply to message #753338 ]
Tue, 04 February 2020 01:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Xombie  is currently offline Xombie

No Cups

Ur, turns out I was wrong. The rule is to not remove your helmet for fear of heads hitting the ice. That's the new NHL for ya. Turtlechuck doing things right. Hahahaaa!

Bob Marley and the (Hartford) Wailers.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #52) [message #753394 is a reply to message #753224 ]
Mon, 03 February 2020 21:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

I know I tend to like coaches early on and then eventually turn on them, but I still enjoy how Tippett is talking about McDavid in this interview (mostly in the last half of it)

Really hope this guy has staying power longer than a couple years (McLellan), or 1 month (Hitch) :)

[Updated on: Mon, 03 February 2020 21:29]

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #52) [message #753395 is a reply to message #753394 ]
Mon, 03 February 2020 22:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 03 February 2020 21:28

I know I tend to like coaches early on and then eventually turn on them, but I still enjoy how Tippett is talking about McDavid in this interview (mostly in the last half of it)

Really hope this guy has staying power longer than a couple years (McLellan), or 1 month (Hitch) :)

It sure seems like the team has finally bought in to Tippett coaching. It helps we’ve filled some holes with our rookies, Lucic upgrade and the UFA PK trio, but this team has some bite.

I still believe we could use a goalie upgrade on Smith, but I don’t see that happening. We will go as far as our tending will take us.

I am a Tippett fan.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #52) [message #753405 is a reply to message #753224 ]
Tue, 04 February 2020 07:46 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
MJ  is currently offline MJ

No Cups

I found this incredibly funny:

“[My wife] was not happy with me after the game,” Talbot said. “She drove to the game and after that happened, I had to drive her car home. She ended up having a couple of drinks to try and settle herself down, she was so mad. Had a glass of wine and I had to drive her car home.”

https://dailyhive.com/calgary/cam-talbot-wife-mad-flames-goa lie-fight?fbclid=IwAR2KARWTUhyOQvA4odvfVGD8XfpQCHXCl68DxdEe9 z0wWXhG1FwND52UnS8

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #52) [message #753407 is a reply to message #753405 ]
Tue, 04 February 2020 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

MJ wrote on Tue, 04 February 2020 08:46

I found this incredibly funny:

“[My wife] was not happy with me after the game,” Talbot said. “She drove to the game and after that happened, I had to drive her car home. She ended up having a couple of drinks to try and settle herself down, she was so mad. Had a glass of wine and I had to drive her car home.”

https://dailyhive.com/calgary/cam-talbot-wife-mad-flames-goa lie-fight?fbclid=IwAR2KARWTUhyOQvA4odvfVGD8XfpQCHXCl68DxdEe9 z0wWXhG1FwND52UnS8

That’s beautiful. The Talbots are top shelf people.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Pages (3): [ «  <  1  2  3  >  »]  
Previous Topic:GDT: Edmonton @ Carolina (Game #59)
Next Topic:Pregame: Edmonton @ Carolina (Game #59)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca