This day on April 20
None

Happy Birthday To: Nesticle, goffer48, The Goat, HezzyB, Oilbleeder, thesituation, Patorious

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: Arizona @ Edmonton (Game #49)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Review: Arizona @ Edmonton (Game #49) [message #751927]
Sat, 18 January 2020 15:30 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final

Score Prediction
Login To See Your Results
No one predicted this!

Edmonton to win:   0%
Arizona to win:   0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Arizona @ Edmonton (Game #49) [message #751932 is a reply to message #751927 ]
Sat, 18 January 2020 15:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

7-3 afternoon game win!

With this -22C heatwave, I’m guessing Ice District will be just buzzing after this one.

Or not...

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: Review: Arizona @ Edmonton (Game #49) [message #751933 is a reply to message #751927 ]
Sat, 18 January 2020 15:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Good win.

Damn shootout. Didn't realize the flames had the horseshoe up their arses on the SO this year. 5-0.

Oilers have 5 more regulation wins than the lames, but equal points.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Arizona @ Edmonton (Game #49) [message #751938 is a reply to message #751933 ]
Sat, 18 January 2020 15:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leia  is currently offline Leia

No Cups

A shorty, a empty net, a afternoon win... When was the last time the Oilers do that???

I didn't like the fact we took the foot off the gas in the third and rarely made Hill make a save, but a win is a win. At the moment we top the division till games later tonight, but with the bottom 6 starting to shine, things are starting to look positive once more...

If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.

Re: Review: Arizona @ Edmonton (Game #49) [message #751936 is a reply to message #751927 ]
Sat, 18 January 2020 15:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

I don’t understand why sportsnet doesn’t have a post game show. Do they not want to retain viewers and transition into hnic proper?

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Review: Arizona @ Edmonton (Game #49) [message #751939 is a reply to message #751936 ]
Sat, 18 January 2020 16:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
philly boy  is currently offline philly boy

No Cups

pretty embarrassing tbh

Re: Review: Arizona @ Edmonton (Game #49) [message #751937 is a reply to message #751927 ]
Sat, 18 January 2020 15:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Classic Hall game that Spector has written about many times.

1 point and -5 icon_biggrin

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Arizona @ Edmonton (Game #49) [message #751945 is a reply to message #751927 ]
Sat, 18 January 2020 17:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
overdue  is currently offline overdue

No Cups

Convincing win helped just a little by not great goal tending, a nice switch from the back up standing on his head and trying to shut us out. Has to be a boost for the team, winning both of the games Kassian was suspended and also the role players really contributing in the goal scoring department.

Re: Review: Arizona @ Edmonton (Game #49) [message #751947 is a reply to message #751927 ]
Sat, 18 January 2020 19:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

Okay I definitely have a hard on.

That was absolutely beautiful on Sheahan and Archibald’s part. Would/will be over the moon when they’re both extended.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Review: Arizona @ Edmonton (Game #49) [message #751975 is a reply to message #751947 ]
Sun, 19 January 2020 15:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
watchman  is currently offline watchman

1 Cup

Pretty dominating win. Continue this way... Great goaltending, superior special teams, balanced scoring, elimination of brain-numbing turnovers. god

...this time, it's for real (isn't it?).

Re: Review: Arizona @ Edmonton (Game #49) [message #751992 is a reply to message #751975 ]
Mon, 20 January 2020 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

I took my oldest to the game, pretty awesome game to take him too with all the goals.

Maybe it was just an off day but Arizona sure didn't look very impressive at all for a team that is in a battle for first place. Smith had to make some good saves a few times but that's normal in my opinion for an NHL goalie. Hall scored a goal but I thought it was a goal that Smith should have had and given his reaction after (him looking to the ceiling), I think he felt it was a weak goal. Other than that, I didn't notice him and he was brutal defensively. If I didn't know Kessel's number, I wouldn't have known he was on the ice. Arizona's centers look WEAK. When your best center is Stephan, I don't know how you compete in the playoffs. They look like a team that relies heavily on excellent goaltending.

I came away pretty impressed by the Oilers this game. It was a big game, they knew it and they came out and wanted this game. The bottom 6 is really starting to come around. It's pretty evident to me that they have to have McDavid and Leon split up. I said it many times, if you have a player like McDavid who will produce with almost anyone, you have to use that to your advantage. Loading up McDavid's line with your absolute best players which diluted your other lines, made no sense to me. They throw out the McDavid line who has decent wingers on it, then Leon's line comes out after who has better wingers. As an opposition team, who do you put out your best d pairing against? If you decide to try to shut down Leon's line, then you have McDavid skating circles around lesser dmen. If you match McDavid, you have a very good second line.

I said it before and his recent success proves it in my opinion. Nuge is a much better top 6 winger than center. He needs to be told that and accept that.

Re: Review: Arizona @ Edmonton (Game #49) [message #751997 is a reply to message #751992 ]
Mon, 20 January 2020 10:25 Go to previous message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 20 January 2020 10:05

I took my oldest to the game, pretty awesome game to take him too with all the goals.

Maybe it was just an off day but Arizona sure didn't look very impressive at all for a team that is in a battle for first place. Smith had to make some good saves a few times but that's normal in my opinion for an NHL goalie. Hall scored a goal but I thought it was a goal that Smith should have had and given his reaction after (him looking to the ceiling), I think he felt it was a weak goal. Other than that, I didn't notice him and he was brutal defensively. If I didn't know Kessel's number, I wouldn't have known he was on the ice. Arizona's centers look WEAK. When your best center is Stephan, I don't know how you compete in the playoffs. They look like a team that relies heavily on excellent goaltending.

I came away pretty impressed by the Oilers this game. It was a big game, they knew it and they came out and wanted this game. The bottom 6 is really starting to come around. It's pretty evident to me that they have to have McDavid and Leon split up. I said it many times, if you have a player like McDavid who will produce with almost anyone, you have to use that to your advantage. Loading up McDavid's line with your absolute best players which diluted your other lines, made no sense to me. They throw out the McDavid line who has decent wingers on it, then Leon's line comes out after who has better wingers. As an opposition team, who do you put out your best d pairing against? If you decide to try to shut down Leon's line, then you have McDavid skating circles around lesser dmen. If you match McDavid, you have a very good second line.

I said it before and his recent success proves it in my opinion. Nuge is a much better top 6 winger than center. He needs to be told that and accept that.

Just like Leon for a stretch individually was a better winger than a 2nd line center. These guys are going to be in flux, and this iteration will change at some point. I think this has worked in part because Yamamoto has been effective so far, and Leon isn't out there being atrocious on the backcheck as a center or throwing up those blind backhand prayer passes into the middle for guaranteed turnovers. I dont think Nuge needs to be told anything or made to accept anything, I dont think he's pouting or unaccepting of anything....I mean, if that were Nuge, how the hell would he have been an Oiler this long and not have gotten the hell out of here?

Previous Topic:Pregame: Arizona @ Edmonton (Game #49)
Next Topic:Oilers Call Up Yamamoto and Legesson from Condors
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca