Final

Score Prediction
Login To See Your Results
No one predicted this!

Edmonton to win: 0%
Toronto to win: 0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #45) [message #750872 is a reply to message #750868 ]
Mon, 06 January 2020 19:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WhoreableGuy  is currently offline WhoreableGuy

No Cups

Surely now the comparisons of McDavid to ANYONE in the league has to stop, let alone Auston Matthews.

"Bah Gawd! Would somebody stop the damn draft!"

- Jim Ross calling the NHL Draft Lotto 2015 as the Oilers win

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #45) [message #750873 is a reply to message #750872 ]
Mon, 06 January 2020 19:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
watchman  is currently offline watchman

1 Cup

It's safe to look at the standings again. icon_nod

...this time, it's for real (isn't it?).

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #45) [message #750874 is a reply to message #750868 ]
Mon, 06 January 2020 19:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ziltoid  is currently offline ziltoid

No Cups

Looks like everyone D-man put up a point tonight. That is nice to see.... also think Russell would look really good in a Leaf's uniform.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #45) [message #750875 is a reply to message #750868 ]
Mon, 06 January 2020 19:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

Finally. Feels great. Have some loud mouth Leaf fans at work.

Tomorrow will be nice. My silence will likely be more effective than razing them. I’ll go on about the Jets/Habs game.

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #45) [message #750876 is a reply to message #750868 ]
Mon, 06 January 2020 20:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ragnarok73  is currently offline Ragnarok73

2 Cups

Ok, I'll ask it: Who is supplying the Oilers with the horse steroids they started using a week ago?

"There's no greater springboard to development than failure." - Craig MacTavish, April 13/15.

5-14-6-1

"Sabres think the suck is their ally? They merely adopted the suck. The Oilers were born in it...molded by it."

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #45) [message #750877 is a reply to message #750868 ]
Mon, 06 January 2020 20:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
philly boy  is currently offline philly boy

No Cups

watching McJesus score that goal could singlehandedly bring my fandom back from the dead. Poetry in motion, absolutely unreal.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #45) [message #750878 is a reply to message #750868 ]
Mon, 06 January 2020 20:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Dang, looks like I missed some goals tonight. Nice way to pull off the first 2 game win streak in over a month. Boston and Laffs on the road.

4 McPoint night. Kadri-backpack removal successful.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #45) [message #750879 is a reply to message #750868 ]
Mon, 06 January 2020 20:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

One entertaining trend that we got to be a part of right now with Leafs fans. Rielly is the new guy that they really hate and like to blame for losses, like Gardiner before. Really giving him the gears after he was embarrassed by McDavid. Babcock did Rielly no favours by singling him out as his favorite guy in his bye bye press release.

Yes, please, run Rielly out of town. And lose Barrie to free agency.

[Updated on: Mon, 06 January 2020 20:23]

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #45) [message #750880 is a reply to message #750879 ]
Mon, 06 January 2020 20:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Suomalainen  is currently offline Suomalainen

No Cups

I don't know if they showed it up there, but NBC down here showed the shift after The Goal where Reilly was giving it to McDavid, and 97 just was smiling as Reilly grumped out.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #45) [message #750881 is a reply to message #750880 ]
Mon, 06 January 2020 20:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

Suomalainen wrote on Mon, 06 January 2020 20:21

I don't know if they showed it up there, but NBC down here showed the shift after The Goal where Reilly was giving it to McDavid, and 97 just was smiling as Reilly grumped out.

They did show some of that.

I hope 97 makes it a point to make him look like a Junior B third pairing every time they meet.

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #45) [message #750882 is a reply to message #750881 ]
Mon, 06 January 2020 21:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
watchman  is currently offline watchman

1 Cup

Kudos to SMITH. His play has kept the OIL in the playoff hunt with Koskinen under the weather.

...this time, it's for real (isn't it?).

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #45) [message #750883 is a reply to message #750882 ]
Mon, 06 January 2020 21:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

watchman wrote on Mon, 06 January 2020 21:10

Kudos to SMITH. His play has kept the OIL in the playoff hunt with Koskinen under the weather.

Just watching some of the game. Smith made some huge saves in the 1st when it was 1-0. Deserved better on some of those GA's too.

Hope we can manage to get some October goaltending again for Jan/Feb. Jan/Feb has been our doom the last couple years. We are approaching the point in the season last year when we had a 1 win in 12 games run.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #45) [message #750892 is a reply to message #750880 ]
Tue, 07 January 2020 00:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Suomalainen wrote on Mon, 06 January 2020 19:21

They showed it here as well, Rielly played with McD on a Canada Cup and Juniors so they know each other pretty well, and are friends, Rielly just trying to do something to lessen the embarrassment, Connor didn't even take him serious, and as you said just stood him up and laughed.. the guy defines cool.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #45) [message #750889 is a reply to message #750868 ]
Mon, 06 January 2020 23:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

That goal of McDavid's was something new. ...not just blowing someone's doors off and turnstyling them, but sorta like a feint in basketball and exploding to the rack for a windmill dunk, albeit way more special than the same sort of play in basketball. Brought me out of my seat watching it, and my phone went off.

The #1 celly...was it acknowledging his 1st goal in Toronto as a pro, was it saying 'goal of the year', or was it telling Toronto media that their comparisons are pretty lame?

Smith made some stops on some good looks for Toronto earlier to make this win possible, the Matthews' goal caught him high glove as he was flopping down to his knees, but he did what was needed and didn't let Toronto get traction early.

On the downside, I wonder what's going on with Khara? He looks slow out there.

Good turn of events for the team's trend standings-wise, hope it keeps up.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #45) [message #750891 is a reply to message #750889 ]
Mon, 06 January 2020 23:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

K.McC#24 wrote on Mon, 06 January 2020 22:53

That goal of McDavid's was something new. ...not just blowing someone's doors off and turnstyling them, but sorta like a feint in basketball and exploding to the rack for a windmill dunk, albeit way more special than the same sort of play in basketball. Brought me out of my seat watching it, and my phone went off.

The #1 celly...was it acknowledging his 1st goal in Toronto as a pro, was it saying 'goal of the year', or was it telling Toronto media that their comparisons are pretty lame?

Smith made some stops on some good looks for Toronto earlier to make this win possible, the Matthews' goal caught him high glove as he was flopping down to his knees, but he did what was needed and didn't let Toronto get traction early.

Khaira's been that way for a while, some Condors could probably replace him and do a better job, maybe a guy like Benson, or Marody, they certainly can't be slower.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #45) [message #750893 is a reply to message #750891 ]
Tue, 07 January 2020 00:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leia  is currently offline Leia

No Cups

Had to endure the TSN feed over here in the UK, it was so much fun honestly!! As it isn't sportsnet, we got pre-game and intermission programming as well. Oh the very joy of watching Laffs tv heaven. Even at the end of the game they failed to give the Oilers any credit for the win.

I said after we beat the Rangers, that 2 wins minimum on this road trip would be a positive, we've got 2, should have had 3, but still got a point out of it. This trip will be a positive in terms of points and also confidence, if we can carry on into the next two games as we have played so far. I'm starting to like the bottom 6 more with each game I've watched of late. They are adding goals, they are shutting the opposition down and some of them are growing into NHL players. It's not the strongest of bottom 6's, but it probably is for us for the last few years, it's the foundation to build upon going forward.

As for THE goal, every other NHLer couldn't even dream of doing that, let alone think of doing it at practice or a game. It's one of those goals that I wish I could grab and transport it back in time to hear Rod Phillips at his very best calling. After only 1 point in 3 games in the building, he certainly showed them who's the best, and how far Matthews has to go to even be considered in the same stratosphere as himself.

If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #45) [message #750907 is a reply to message #750891 ]
Tue, 07 January 2020 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Mon, 06 January 2020 23:58

K.McC#24 wrote on Mon, 06 January 2020 22:53

Khaira's been that way for a while, some Condors could probably replace him and do a better job, maybe a guy like Benson, or Marody, they certainly can't be slower.

Khaira I find to be a bit baffling of a player. He's big, physical, tough, can skate pretty well and seems to have OK hands and skill. He screams 3rd line winger or really good 4th liner to me. One game he looks great then puts together a bunch of stinkers where he literally does nothing. As a bottom 6 guy, you can't expect a lot of offense but they have to do other things to contribute. If you aren't scoring are you bringing energy, banging bodies, at least getting zone time and creating chances. I wonder at what point do you just move on from him. Swap him out for someone you will be more consistent with effort. I have to think that some team given he is still relatively young, he's big and can skate plus doesn't make a ton would be willing to maybe swap out a different bottm 6 guy. Maybe they don't have the offensive potential as Khaira but maybe you get a player who gives you more of a consistent game.

ON any given day, Khaira can either look like a decent NHLer with lots of potential or an AHLer. It would be nice to get a guy who gives the team a more consistent effort on a nightly basis.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #45) [message #750890 is a reply to message #750868 ]
Mon, 06 January 2020 23:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Rielly looked like a frozen traffic cone on that goal.. unbelievable! The guy just dreamed that play up in the instant the opportunity occurred,... its freaking extraterrestrial.

Connor being Connor ..best player that's ever lived.. and he's an Oiler.
We are so lucky Fans of Oil.

[Updated on: Tue, 07 January 2020 02:08]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #45) [message #750895 is a reply to message #750890 ]
Tue, 07 January 2020 02:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Mon, 06 January 2020 23:56

Rielly looked like a frozen traffic cone on that goal.. unbelievable! The guy just dreamed that ply up in the instant the opportunity occurred,... its freaking extraterrestrial.

Connor being Connor ..best player that's ever lived.. and he's an Oiler.
We are so lucky Fans of Oil.

Yeah, it ooked like a midget aged forward with some skill making an old codger in beer league look bad one on one. Reilly could probably see that Nuge wasn't going to get into the play to receive a pass, but got beat like a rented mule anyway. There's not a player alive who can match McDavid's acceleration with the puck, his top end with the puck, or his ability to process decisions with the puck at speed. Totally unique.

December was a rough month, Connor even looked mortal. He just had one of those nights that special athletes can decide to have, glad I decided to tune in.

Here's hoping for the team and the goaltenders behind them gaining some confidence and belief, they've beat some good teams here, they need to beat the lesser teams as well.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #45) [message #750900 is a reply to message #750895 ]
Tue, 07 January 2020 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
welcometotheOC  is currently offline welcometotheOC

No Cups

Connor looks back and sees Nuge being interfered with, sees no call coming (of course) and decides in a split second to take matters into his own hands. Amazing goal !

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #45) [message #750903 is a reply to message #750900 ]
Tue, 07 January 2020 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

welcometotheOC wrote on Tue, 07 January 2020 09:22

Connor looks back and sees Nuge being interfered with, sees no call coming (of course) and decides in a split second to take matters into his own hands. Amazing goal !

I know Connor likes to get his teammates involved in scoring but he needs to do what he did more. I don't mean doing goal of the season type of things, I mean just trying to score goals. He's the best player in the world, one of if not the fastest player and easily the fastest player with the puck. Scoring 50 goals should be automatic for him. If he became more of a scoring threat than he already is, it would open up more things.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #45) [message #750905 is a reply to message #750900 ]
Tue, 07 January 2020 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

welcometotheOC wrote on Tue, 07 January 2020 09:22

Pretty nifty pass by Nuge to start the whole sequence, and then just a tremendous fake by McD.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #45) [message #750894 is a reply to message #750868 ]
Tue, 07 January 2020 02:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

https://postmediaedmontonjournal2.files.wordpress.com/2020/01/reilly.png

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #45) [message #750898 is a reply to message #750894 ]
Tue, 07 January 2020 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Now that's the type of game that I was looking to see from McDavid in Toronto. I heard this morning on Sportsnet that was his first goal in Toronto. What a goal!!

Big win. Goals from 6 different players. Always good when they beat the Leafs. I am pleasantly surprised by Yamo. The guy looks like a different player and a guy that is playing like he wants to stick. With
Neal - McDavid - Kasssan looking decent.
Nuge - Leon - Yamo looking better and better each game.

The Oilers might have a not amazing but decent top 6 if it can continue. The key in my opinion is to tell Nuge he's a winger now and for good so he accepts it and embraces it. He's just not a good enough center but can be a very good winger.

I loved Connor's comments after the game. Always good to come here and play but always good to leave. icon_lol

[Updated on: Tue, 07 January 2020 08:21]

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #45) [message #750908 is a reply to message #750868 ]
Tue, 07 January 2020 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

https://i.imgur.com/eBlmuw5.gif

And of course no Mcdavid night is complete without the refs looking directly at a blatant infraction on him and ignoring it:
https://media.giphy.com/media/M96vhOhd2NAJpKCQPk/giphy.gif

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #45) [message #750909 is a reply to message #750908 ]
Tue, 07 January 2020 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

I don't see a ref in the second gif. There was no way anyone could see that hook. I mean, I'm looking at it now and I don't even know what you want me to see.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #45) [message #750910 is a reply to message #750909 ]
Tue, 07 January 2020 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Tue, 07 January 2020 10:06

I don't see a ref in the second gif. There was no way anyone could see that hook. I mean, I'm looking at it now and I don't even know what you want me to see.

There should be one of the refs in the corner that you can't see in the GIF. Otherwise there are 2 refs completely out of the play and no one to signal a goal if it's scored. So there would be a ref literally watching the hook happen.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #45) [message #750912 is a reply to message #750909 ]
Tue, 07 January 2020 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

The start of the gif you see the end of the chop on Mcdavid's arm, and he keeps the pressure on the arm so Mcdavid can't stick handle the puck. Believe ref is on the right of the picture watching the play.

I guess McDavid could have sold it harder. Damn guy keeps trying to fight his way through stuff. He needs to watch more Pettersson and Gaudreau.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #45) [message #750928 is a reply to message #750912 ]
Tue, 07 January 2020 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

1 Cup

Kr55 wrote on Tue, 07 January 2020 12:06

The start of the gif you see the end of the chop on Mcdavid's arm, and he keeps the pressure on the arm so Mcdavid can't stick handle the puck. Believe ref is on the right of the picture watching the play.

I guess McDavid could have sold it harder. Damn guy keeps trying to fight his way through stuff. He needs to watch more Pettersson and Gaudreau.

@Pi
If you watch very closely there is a ref in the very last frame of the GIF in the right corner.

@KR55 (or really anyone else that expected a call there.
1. That is a play that happens on almost every shift. Much like they say there is holding on every play in football. If this tiny thing was called every time there would be zero 5 V 5 hockey.
2. Ignoring point one for a moment this is a spot on the ice where the most calls are missed. The ref I mentioned in the corner is obstructed by Nuge and two Leafs. At the same time he is watching for interference by the Leafs and Nuge potentially going to the net hard. Add in that is his job to call a goal or not if a shot happens and he will rarely see that play.
The backside ref likely has a better sight line but cant see him. His view of exactly what went down is likely obscured by Matthews and would make it tough to make a call.

This is the kind of play that complaining about makes Oilers fans look bad. complaining about refs constantly is for bush league teams. Dont go full Canuck EVER

KR is likely right that a dive is needed to get a call there but I would much rather the team play the right way and not turn into the Canucks/Ducks/ETC

Survivor LX(I) and 67 Champ(i)on

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 12:21

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #45) [message #750929 is a reply to message #750928 ]
Tue, 07 January 2020 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

PlusOne wrote on Tue, 07 January 2020 13:34

@Pi
If you watch very closely there is a ref in the very last frame of the GIF in the right corner.

1. That is a play that happens on almost every shift. Much like they say there is holding on every play in football. If this tiny thing was called every time there would be zero 5 V 5 hockey.
2. Ignoring point one for a moment this is a spot on the ice where the most calls are missed. The ref I mentioned in the corner is obstructed by Nuge and two Leafs. At the same time he is watching for interference by the Leafs and Nuge potentially going to the net hard. Add in that is his job to call a goal or not if a shot happens and he will rarely see that play.
The backside ref likely has a better sight line but cant see him. His view of exactly what went down is likely obscured by Matthews and would make it tough to make a call.

This is the kind of play that complaining about makes Oilers fans look bad. complaining about refs constantly is for bush league teams. Dont go full Canuck EVER

KR is likely right that a dive is needed to get a call there but I would much rather the team play the right way and not turn into the Canucks/Ducks/ETC

I don't think that happens all the time. McDavid has a path to the net with the puck and a guy had to hack on him from behind to mess his ability to handle the puck. That's called a lot.

I would bet the ref actually saw that play. He is likely up the half wall when that play happens. By the end of the video he's coasted more to the goal line.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #45) [message #750930 is a reply to message #750929 ]
Tue, 07 January 2020 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

1 Cup

Kr55 wrote on Tue, 07 January 2020 13:45

@Pi

I don't think that happens all the time. McDavid has a path to the net with the puck and a guy had to hack on him from behind to mess his ability to handle the puck. That's called a lot.

I would bet the ref actually saw that play. He is likely up the half wall when that play happens. By the end of the video he's coasted more to the goal line.

That specific play was called extensively after the 04/05 lock out. I'd love it if they called it every time even when it hurts my team. losing 6-4 is still a better experience than losing 2-0.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #45) [message #750931 is a reply to message #750929 ]
Tue, 07 January 2020 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

@Pi

you can see him in the reflection under the IBM ad half way through. There is a possibility he couldn't see what was happening. The idea that both refs missed that is... I mean, it's possible.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #45) [message #750932 is a reply to message #750931 ]
Tue, 07 January 2020 14:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Tue, 07 January 2020 14:08

@Pi

you can see him in the reflection under the IBM ad half way through. There is a possibility he couldn't see what was happening. The idea that both refs missed that is... I mean, it's possible.

In my opinion, I think the refs saw it, they just don't call it. We see McDavid get hooked, held and tripped multiple times a game and they only call a fraction of what they could.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #45) [message #750933 is a reply to message #750931 ]
Tue, 07 January 2020 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

@Pi

Ah, you see him 2nd in the reflection, so he was trailing a bit and could see it :)

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #45) [message #750934 is a reply to message #750933 ]
Tue, 07 January 2020 14:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

1 Cup

Kr55 wrote on Tue, 07 January 2020 15:21

@Pi

Ah, you see him 2nd in the reflection, so he was trailing a bit and could see it :)

Good eye. Saw ref one but missed ref 2 in the reflection.

I still think it is a borderline call at best and not surprised it wasnt called. I remember there was an twitter account last year that created a GIF like this for every McDavid missed call (as defined by said user)
Another user created an account and replied to EVERY ONE with a matching GIF of the an Oiler committing the same act and not getting called from within the season.
There are entire threads of McDavid being accused of diving and making "whining" faces and complaining to refs. It was the same with 99 just pre internet/social media.

I am onboard saying the reffing is below what it should be in the NHL, but that has been a fact in every sport as long as there has been sports.
Every team has bad calls for and against them.

This last few games has been much better, but the list of things stopping this team from being a true contender is long, reffing is WAY down that list.
Pretending the Oilers are getting some sort of bias against them seems silly to me.

Survivor LX(I) and 67 Champ(i)on

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 12:21

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #45) [message #750943 is a reply to message #750934 ]
Tue, 07 January 2020 17:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
welcometotheOC  is currently offline welcometotheOC

No Cups

Disagreed. It was the very definition of BOTH slashing AND hooking. An Oiler got a penalty in a recent game for slashing and the replay showed he barely even touched the glove or stick and the Oiler was called

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #45) [message #750985 is a reply to message #750934 ]
Wed, 08 January 2020 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

PlusOne wrote on Tue, 07 January 2020 14:40

Kr55 wrote on Tue, 07 January 2020 15:21

@Pi

Good eye. Saw ref one but missed ref 2 in the reflection.

I still think it is a borderline call at best and not surprised it wasnt called. I remember there was an twitter account last year that created a GIF like this for every McDavid missed call (as defined by said user)
Another user created an account and replied to EVERY ONE with a matching GIF of the an Oiler committing the same act and not getting called from within the season.
There are entire threads of McDavid being accused of diving and making "whining" faces and complaining to refs. It was the same with 99 just pre internet/social media.

I am onboard saying the reffing is below what it should be in the NHL, but that has been a fact in every sport as long as there has been sports.
Every team has bad calls for and against them.

This last few games has been much better, but the list of things stopping this team from being a true contender is long, reffing is WAY down that list.
Pretending the Oilers are getting some sort of bias against them seems silly to me.

Pettersson with a wonderful example last night of how it's done

https://media.giphy.com/media/Wq2wbU87OfPiZgLjCV/giphy.gif

Similar play, McDavid actually had better position in his case. But, one guy tries to fight through it. One makes an attempt to be Superman. Cirelli called for hooking.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #45) [message #750918 is a reply to message #750908 ]
Tue, 07 January 2020 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Tue, 07 January 2020 09:02

And of course no Mcdavid night is complete without the refs looking directly at a blatant infraction on him and ignoring it:
https://media.giphy.com/media/M96vhOhd2NAJpKCQPk/giphy.gif

Exactly.
I saw that as well, you get a few of those on McD every game, league MVP gets hooked at least once every shift.

Compare that to the "infraction" that K-bomb got called for on the Eichel penalty shot vs Buffalo 3 games ago...

[Updated on: Tue, 07 January 2020 11:48]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #45) [message #750913 is a reply to message #750868 ]
Tue, 07 January 2020 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to previous message

6 Cups

Anyone mention McDavid's post-game troll, likely for annoying leafs homer media mainly.

"It's fun to play here...it's fun to leave here as well" about Toronto.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]  
Previous Topic:Pregame: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #46)
Next Topic:Pregame: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #45)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca