This day on March 28
None

Happy Birthday To: miker0x, GuyF, bigmike, graveyardshift, bluemiler, jrrd, Bobfromengland

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: Pittsburgh @ Edmonton (Game #38)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Review: Pittsburgh @ Edmonton (Game #38) [message #750097]
Fri, 20 December 2019 21:30 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final

Score Prediction
Login To See Your Results
No one predicted this!

Edmonton to win:   0%
Pittsburgh to win:   0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Pittsburgh @ Edmonton (Game #38) [message #750101 is a reply to message #750097 ]
Fri, 20 December 2019 21:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Xombie  is currently offline Xombie

No Cups

Man 3W-7L-whatever in the last bit here.

We used all our puck luck in the first month of the season.

Gonna be a long second half.

Bob Marley and the (Hartford) Wailers.

Re: Review: Pittsburgh @ Edmonton (Game #38) [message #750103 is a reply to message #750101 ]
Fri, 20 December 2019 21:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lowebudget  is currently offline lowebudget

No Cups

Khaira needs to sit. The guy is a black hole at both ends of the ice. Is Patrick Russell hurt? At least Russell could get the puck out of his own zone.

Re: Review: Pittsburgh @ Edmonton (Game #38) [message #750102 is a reply to message #750097 ]
Fri, 20 December 2019 21:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

My prognostication of being out of a playoff spot at Christmas... lives on!

I’m an Oilers fan, I want wins, I love watching the Oilers. But holy crap this team.

Nuge was something special on McDavids wing. Put him back at centre. Go back to McDrai. It’s the only hope this team has to win. I wanna see this for tomorrow;

Drai-McDavid-Kass
Neal-Nuge-Gagner
Nygard-Haas-Granlund
PRuss-Sheahan-Arch

Klef-Lars
Nurse-Bear
KRuss-Jones

Kosk

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Review: Pittsburgh @ Edmonton (Game #38) [message #750104 is a reply to message #750102 ]
Fri, 20 December 2019 21:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi is currently online CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Minny, in 9th, is 3 points back with 2 games in hand.
Nashville, in 10th, is 4 points back with 4 games in hand.

Ruh roh.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Review: Pittsburgh @ Edmonton (Game #38) [message #750106 is a reply to message #750104 ]
Fri, 20 December 2019 21:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Fri, 20 December 2019 22:39

Minny, in 9th, is 3 points back with 2 games in hand.
Nashville, in 10th, is 4 points back with 4 games in hand.

Ruh roh.

Been saying it for while Pi man. This team will be out of a playoff spot come Christmas.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Pittsburgh @ Edmonton (Game #38) [message #750107 is a reply to message #750097 ]
Fri, 20 December 2019 22:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

1 Cup

I miss oilcansam

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Review: Pittsburgh @ Edmonton (Game #38) [message #750108 is a reply to message #750097 ]
Fri, 20 December 2019 23:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55 is currently online Kr55

6 Cups

Damn it, should have watched more of the Witcher instead of this crap.

So are we in a weird spot now where we are scared of making Smith mad if we demote him when he's so close to getting bonuses? We have to just keep watching that crap and never try anyone else?

[Updated on: Fri, 20 December 2019 23:46]

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: Review: Pittsburgh @ Edmonton (Game #38) [message #750110 is a reply to message #750108 ]
Sat, 21 December 2019 05:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Sat, 21 December 2019 00:40

So are we in a weird spot now where we are scared of making Smith mad if we demote him when he's so close to getting bonuses? We have to just keep watching that crap and never try anyone else?

Oh buddy. They did a pretty good job with The Witcher. Did you ever read the books!?

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Pittsburgh @ Edmonton (Game #38) [message #750112 is a reply to message #750110 ]
Sat, 21 December 2019 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ragnarok73  is currently offline Ragnarok73

2 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Sat, 21 December 2019 05:42

Oh buddy. They did a pretty good job with The Witcher. Did you ever read the books!?

Psh, The Mandalorian is what everyone should be watching. Baby Yoda is far more interesting just sitting there than the Oilers right now.

"There's no greater springboard to development than failure." - Craig MacTavish, April 13/15.

5-14-6-1

"Sabres think the suck is their ally? They merely adopted the suck. The Oilers were born in it...molded by it."

Re: Review: Pittsburgh @ Edmonton (Game #38) [message #750116 is a reply to message #750112 ]
Sat, 21 December 2019 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gator21  is currently offline Gator21

No Cups

Mike Smith is TRASH. Trash that is costing us points

Re: Review: Pittsburgh @ Edmonton (Game #38) [message #750118 is a reply to message #750112 ]
Sat, 21 December 2019 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Ragnarok73 wrote on Sat, 21 December 2019 10:00

Psh, The Mandalorian is what everyone should be watching. Baby Yoda is far more interesting just sitting there than the Oilers right now.

Haven’t jumped on the Disney+ train, yet. The weekly release of episodes drives me

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Pittsburgh @ Edmonton (Game #38) [message #750120 is a reply to message #750118 ]
Sat, 21 December 2019 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jerekybeef  is currently offline jerekybeef

No Cups

Mandalorian is far more entertaining then this trash fire has been the past month. By now they all realize that they are exposed and extremely vulnerable if the top guys don’t produce or the goalie doesn’t play out of his mind. The rest of the lineup may as well not even be on the bench in all honesty. None of them score or contribute. McDrai will be asking for trades quietly within the next 2 years or less.

"Make the Oilers great again" - Donny Tramp

Re: Review: Pittsburgh @ Edmonton (Game #38) [message #750122 is a reply to message #750110 ]
Sat, 21 December 2019 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

I did indeed. And all the games before. I'm digging it. Especially since they have the author involved and are adding in more origin story stuff than was in the books (only watched first couple eps so far). Hope it catches on enough that they keep making more.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Review: Pittsburgh @ Edmonton (Game #38) [message #750125 is a reply to message #750097 ]
Sat, 21 December 2019 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

So, Drai line, Neal-Drai-Gagner (17.5M line) get owned by AstonReece-McCann-Kahun (3M cap hit line)

Gagner actually had decent P/60 so far this year. People felt he earned a shot in the top 6 over some other bums we have. Neal is pretty terrible defensively, but he can still mop things up around the net if his linemates are able to create something. Drai, still waiting to see if any coach will force him to play C for a while, he's barely done it for years now.

That's still pretty sad. I don't think this is Drai getting 4th liners as wingers, and that competition is pretty meh. Still owned. ALl media screaming for Drai to get to play with McDavid again. I'm not sure I would do it. Leave Nuge up there.

[Updated on: Sat, 21 December 2019 10:55]

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Review: Pittsburgh @ Edmonton (Game #38) [message #750127 is a reply to message #750125 ]
Sat, 21 December 2019 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Sat, 21 December 2019 11:47

So, Drai line, Neal-Drai-Gagner (17.5M line) get owned by AstonReece-McCann-Kahun (3M cap hit line)

Gagner actually had decent P/60 so far this year. People felt he earned a shot in the top 6 over some other bums we have. Neal is pretty terrible defensively, but he can still mop things up around the net if his linemates are able to create something. Drai, still waiting to see if any coach will force him to play C for a while, he's barely done it for years now.

That's still pretty sad. I don't think this is Drai getting 4th liners as wingers, and that competition is pretty meh. Still owned. ALl media screaming for Drai to get to play with McDavid again. I'm not sure I would do it. Leave Nuge up there.

We know the success Drai and McDavid can have when together, both individual and team success. When you’re in a funk like the team is (we’ll call it a funk but really it’s just their norm, no?) you go back to what you know works.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Pittsburgh @ Edmonton (Game #38) [message #750129 is a reply to message #750127 ]
Sat, 21 December 2019 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Sat, 21 December 2019 11:52

We know the success Drai and McDavid can have when together, both individual and team success. When you’re in a funk like the team is (we’ll call it a funk but really it’s just their norm, no?) you go back to what you know works.

Some bummer stats:

Since Nov 1st at 5v5:

McDavid with Drai = 43.82% CF, 37.84% GF (14GF, 23 GA), 272 minutes
McDavid w/o Drai = 54.37% CF, 72.73% GF (8 GF, 3 GA), 118 minutes
Drai w/o McDavid = 45.21% CF, 27.27% GF (3 GF, 8 GA), 108 minutes

I really think one day we're gonna have to force Drai out of his comfort zone and know once and for all if he can do anything away from McDavid. Since the start of Nov, it can be argued he's been dragging McDavid down too.

They can keep having fun on the PP for sure, but 5v5, I don't think we know what works at all right now.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Review: Pittsburgh @ Edmonton (Game #38) [message #750130 is a reply to message #750129 ]
Sat, 21 December 2019 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Sat, 21 December 2019 13:02

Some bummer stats:

Since Nov 1st at 5v5:

I really think one day we're gonna have to force Drai out of his comfort zone and know once and for all if he can do anything away from McDavid. Since the start of Nov, it can be argued he's been dragging McDavid down too.

They can keep having fun on the PP for sure, but 5v5, I don't think we know what works at all right now.

I’m not big into the fancy stats, I understand them I just prefer the old school ‘what I see’ theory. But. Blah. Can I blame you for my afternoon drinking now?

Are these same stats available for Mike Smith starts?

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Pittsburgh @ Edmonton (Game #38) [message #750134 is a reply to message #750130 ]
Sat, 21 December 2019 12:56 Go to previous message

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Sat, 21 December 2019 12:06

Kr55 wrote on Sat, 21 December 2019 13:02

Some bummer stats:

Since Nov 1st at 5v5:

I’m not big into the fancy stats, I understand them I just prefer the old school ‘what I see’ theory. But. Blah. Can I blame you for my afternoon drinking now?

Are these same stats available for Mike Smith starts?

What I've been seeing is guys that have been out standing around for lots and lots of goals against together. And that love passing to each other until the cows come home in the offensive zone. They've been bad together 5v5 IMO. Still good on the PP though.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Previous Topic:Pregame: Montreal @ Edmonton (Game #39)
Next Topic:GDT: Pittsburgh @ Edmonton (Game #38)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca