This day on March 29
None

Happy Birthday To: SMURDS, JRock71, Cpt Waffle, TexasOiler, Morgan99

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #31)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #31) [message #748799]
Fri, 06 December 2019 03:00 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final
Score Prediction
Login To Make Your Prediction

Edmonton to win:   0%
Los Angeles to win:   0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

2019-20 Regular Season
Saturday, October 5, 2019Los Angeles 5 @ Edmonton 6Win
Thursday, November 21, 2019Edmonton 1 @ Los Angeles 5Loss
Friday, December 6, 2019Los Angeles 1 @ Edmonton 2Win
Sunday, February 23, 2020Edmonton 4 @ Los Angeles 2Win
Home Record: 2-0-0       Road Record: 1-1-0       Overall Record: 3-1-0
Home / Road Goals For: 8/5 Total: 13
Home / Road Goals Against: 6/7 Total: 13

2018-19 Regular Season
Sunday, November 25, 2018Edmonton 2 @ Los Angeles 5Loss
Thursday, November 29, 2018Los Angeles 2 @ Edmonton 3Win
Saturday, January 5, 2019Edmonton 0 @ Los Angeles 4Loss
Tuesday, March 26, 2019Los Angeles 4 @ Edmonton 8Win
Home Record: 2-0-0       Road Record: 0-2-0       Overall Record: 2-2-0
Home / Road Goals For: 11/2 Total: 13
Home / Road Goals Against: 6/9 Total: 15

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #31) [message #748806 is a reply to message #748799 ]
Fri, 06 December 2019 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
McDavid97  is currently offline McDavid97

No Cups

This is going to be ugly.

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #31) [message #748810 is a reply to message #748806 ]
Fri, 06 December 2019 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ragnarok73  is currently offline Ragnarok73

2 Cups

McDavid97 wrote on Fri, 06 December 2019 09:25

This is going to be ugly.

It could also be eye-opening for us as to what this team really is.

"There's no greater springboard to development than failure." - Craig MacTavish, April 13/15.

5-14-6-1

"Sabres think the suck is their ally? They merely adopted the suck. The Oilers were born in it...molded by it."

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #31) [message #748811 is a reply to message #748810 ]
Fri, 06 December 2019 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

If the Oilers can't come out with a good effort after playing a stinker a few days ago, that's a big time concern.

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #31) [message #748813 is a reply to message #748799 ]
Fri, 06 December 2019 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

1 Cup

Playing the former Cup champs. Should be quite a battle!

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #31) [message #748815 is a reply to message #748799 ]
Fri, 06 December 2019 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

1 Cup

The month of December and specifically these early games will likely be seen as a turning point for this team.
I heard today they only play one team currently above them in the standings, the Blues. The rest are lower to middle class teams that a playoff contender should be beating.

If they struggle against the lower teams, as they did last game, and lose a handful we will all look back at this time and see where the season went wrong.

If they can come out of it with a large point percentage, the playoffs will all but be guaranteed, given the early season cushion they built. The good news is they have not had a real losing streak this year.

Hopefully the come out tonight with some proper effort and put the boots to the Kings.

Survivor LX(I) and 67 Champ(i)on

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 12:21

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #31) [message #748817 is a reply to message #748815 ]
Fri, 06 December 2019 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

PlusOne wrote on Fri, 06 December 2019 09:50

The month of December and specifically these early games will likely be seen as a turning point for this team.
I heard today they only play one team currently above them in the standings, the Blues. The rest are lower to middle class teams that a playoff contender should be beating.

If they struggle against the lower teams, as they did last game, and lose a handful we will all look back at this time and see where the season went wrong.

If they can come out of it with a large point percentage, the playoffs will all but be guaranteed, given the early season cushion they built. The good news is they have not had a real losing streak this year.

Hopefully the come out tonight with some proper effort and put the boots to the Kings.

They really really need to win this one. Ugh, if we manage to lose 2 in a row right now, we will have the exact same record that we had last year at game 32

http://oilers.ice.nhl.com/club/teamseasoncomparison.htm

Yikes, Dec was ugly after the mid-point last year.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #31) [message #748819 is a reply to message #748817 ]
Fri, 06 December 2019 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Fri, 06 December 2019 10:00

They really really need to win this one. Ugh, if we manage to lose 2 in a row right now, we will have the exact same record that we had last year at game 32

This point was where the Hitchcock bump seemed to come to an end, eh? They had a few wins after he was hired...annnnnnd then just fell off a cliff. Any word on if any of our injured guys are back?

I'm curious why the Oilers recalled Cave rather than Benson, Yamamoto, or even Malone. Cave has 5 points in 16 AHL games this year, while Benson has 17 in 21. With two of our top six out, do we really need another "safe" borderline fourth liner? Worth noting, while the team may see Cave as more defensively responsible, he's also -11 in the 16 games on the farm and -5 in 38 Oilers games over this year and last.

Benson isn't lighting the world on fire, but the team needs someone with a pulse offensively, and I've never seen that from Cave (3-1-4 in 38 Oilers games, 4-5-9 in 61 NHL games).

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #31) [message #748820 is a reply to message #748819 ]
Fri, 06 December 2019 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Adam wrote on Fri, 06 December 2019 10:22

This point was where the Hitchcock bump seemed to come to an end, eh? They had a few wins after he was hired...annnnnnd then just fell off a cliff. Any word on if any of our injured guys are back?

I'm curious why the Oilers recalled Cave rather than Benson, Yamamoto, or even Malone. Cave has 5 points in 16 AHL games this year, while Benson has 17 in 21. With two of our top six out, do we really need another "safe" borderline fourth liner? Worth noting, while the team may see Cave as more defensively responsible, he's also -11 in the 16 games on the farm and -5 in 38 Oilers games over this year and last.

Benson isn't lighting the world on fire, but the team needs someone with a pulse offensively, and I've never seen that from Cave (3-1-4 in 38 Oilers games, 4-5-9 in 61 NHL games).

Why would you call up Yams? Unless he's playing in the mini-game during the intermission?

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #31) [message #748823 is a reply to message #748820 ]
Fri, 06 December 2019 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Fri, 06 December 2019 10:25

Adam wrote on Fri, 06 December 2019 10:22

Why would you call up Yams? Unless he's playing in the mini-game during the intermission?

He can skate at a pro level and has 5-6-11 in 16 AHL games this year. That's significantly better than Cave. He's also had some experience in the NHL, so isn't likely to come in too starstruck. He's generated shots while playing in the NHL previously - which is at least part of the battle. His NHL stats are marginally better than Cave's too - 1-4-5 in 26 NHL games - considering the gap in age, I think that's significant and projects MUCH better.

I am probably recalling Benson rather than Yamamoto, but I have Yamamoto over Cave every day of the week. You just can't put Cave with McDavid or Draisaitl and hope that he's going to do anything, where as I think with Benson and Yamamoto - while they're far from the ideal players there - they're not fish out of water.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #31) [message #748825 is a reply to message #748815 ]
Fri, 06 December 2019 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pseudoreality  is currently offline Pseudoreality

No Cups

Well most years, most teams are above the Oilers in the standings. This year the Oilers are fortunate to be above most teams. So it more about where the Oilers are in the standings than the schedule. Either way, the should come out to play no matter the opponent.

Losers 3 out of the last 4. This team needs to start showing up for games.

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #31) [message #748828 is a reply to message #748799 ]
Fri, 06 December 2019 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

Lines per the Stauf;

Khaira-Draisaitl-Gagner
Neal-McDavid-Archibald
Granlund-Haas-Chiasson
Nygard-Sheahan-P Russell
Cave-RNH-Kassian

Nurse-Bear
Klefbom-Persson
Russell-Larsson
Manning

Koskinen
Smith

Notes;
This will be the first time all season where we see the same starting tender 3 straight. Doesn’t sound like RNH or Kassian are a go tonight.

Not sure ‘bout y’all... but I declare this one as a MUST WIN!!!

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #31) [message #748830 is a reply to message #748828 ]
Fri, 06 December 2019 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WhoreableGuy  is currently offline WhoreableGuy

No Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Fri, 06 December 2019 10:54

Lines per the Stauf;

Khaira-Draisaitl-Gagner
Neal-McDavid-Archibald
Granlund-Haas-Chiasson
Nygard-Sheahan-P Russell
Cave-RNH-Kassian

Nurse-Bear
Klefbom-Persson
Russell-Larsson
Manning

Koskinen
Smith

Notes;
This will be the first time all season where we see the same starting tender 3 straight. Doesn’t sound like RNH or Kassian are a go tonight.

Damn, McDavid on the 2nd line tonight. Another first overall bust picked by the Oilers.

They have to pull this one out tonight, treat it as a MUST WIN.

"Bah Gawd! Would somebody stop the damn draft!"

- Jim Ross calling the NHL Draft Lotto 2015 as the Oilers win

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #31) [message #748831 is a reply to message #748830 ]
Fri, 06 December 2019 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

WhoreableGuy wrote on Fri, 06 December 2019 11:34

Lines per the Stauf;

Khaira-Draisaitl-Gagner
Neal-McDavid-Archibald
Granlund-Haas-Chiasson
Nygard-Sheahan-P Russell
Cave-RNH-Kassian

Nurse-Bear
Klefbom-Persson
Russell-Larsson
Manning

Koskinen
Smith

Notes;

Damn, McDavid on the 2nd line tonight. Another first overall bust picked by the Oilers.

They have to pull this one out tonight, treat it as a MUST WIN.

I think the lines are more like:

1A
1B
4C
4F

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #31) [message #748832 is a reply to message #748831 ]
Fri, 06 December 2019 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

At least they are starting Koskinen. Smith has been lite up twice by the Kings.

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #31) [message #748851 is a reply to message #748828 ]
Fri, 06 December 2019 14:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Lines per the Stauf;

Khaira-Draisaitl-Gagner
Neal-McDavid-Archibald
Granlund-Haas-Chiasson
Nygard-Sheahan-P Russell
Cave-RNH-Kassian

Nurse-Bear
Klefbom-Persson
Russell-Larsson
Manning

Koskinen
Smith

Notes;

Those top 2 lines are aligned for maximum twitter attention gathering.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #31) [message #748840 is a reply to message #748799 ]
Fri, 06 December 2019 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rocksteady  is currently offline Rocksteady

No Cups

They. Need. To. Win.

Full stop.

They lose and I don't think I'm being too much of an alarmist by saying, this could get real ugly around here.

The very definition of insanity is doing the exact same thing expecting different results.

Generally Disappointed.

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #31) [message #748841 is a reply to message #748840 ]
Fri, 06 December 2019 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Rocksteady wrote on Fri, 06 December 2019 13:39

They. Need. To. Win.

Full stop.

They lose and I don't think I'm being too much of an alarmist by saying, this could get real ugly around here.

Hey there, I’m OSCARGASM and I’m a realist. Would anyone here agree a win here could just be delaying the inevitable? #tease #halfchub

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #31) [message #748845 is a reply to message #748841 ]
Fri, 06 December 2019 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Oscargasm wrote on Fri, 06 December 2019 12:47

Rocksteady wrote on Fri, 06 December 2019 13:39

They. Need. To. Win.

Full stop.

Hey there, I’m OSCARGASM and I’m a realist. Would anyone here agree a win here could just be delaying the inevitable? #tease #halfchub

.500 hockey the rest of the way with 6 or 7 OTLs mixed in gets us around 95 or 96 points. Put'er in neutral boys!

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #31) [message #748847 is a reply to message #748845 ]
Fri, 06 December 2019 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

1 Cup

If you take away our 7-1 start, we are basically a .500 hockey team since (10-9-3) - the good news is that they CAN'T take them away, but for as good as we all feel we have been doing, we're just 5 points up on non playoff teams in our conference. We really need to string together some wins here, especially against these bottom feeders.

Ironically, I feel the team has looked better since going 7-1, but as the saying goes, they don't ask how...

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #31) [message #748848 is a reply to message #748847 ]
Fri, 06 December 2019 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Mike wrote on Fri, 06 December 2019 14:05

If you take away our 7-1 start, we are basically a .500 hockey team since (10-9-3) - the good news is that they CAN'T take them away, but for as good as we all feel we have been doing, we're just 5 points up on non playoff teams in our conference. We really need to string together some wins here, especially against these bottom feeders.

Ironically, I feel the team has looked better since going 7-1, but as the saying goes, they don't ask how...

When I do a little... Uh... housekeeping, it definitely looks bigger. Doesn’t actually mean it is bigger though.

That’s what I feel this team is.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #31) [message #748849 is a reply to message #748848 ]
Fri, 06 December 2019 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

1 Cup

Oscargasm wrote on Fri, 06 December 2019 14:10

When I do a little... Uh... housekeeping, it definitely looks bigger. Doesn’t actually mean it is bigger though.

One of the best ways to describe the state of the team ever. I actually chuckled out loud at work. Got a couple of odd looks.

Also my nomination for the Oilfans post HOF. Well done.

Survivor LX(I) and 67 Champ(i)on

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 12:21

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #31) [message #748868 is a reply to message #748849 ]
Fri, 06 December 2019 20:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

PlusOne wrote on Fri, 06 December 2019 14:14

Oscargasm wrote on Fri, 06 December 2019 14:10

One of the best ways to describe the state of the team ever. I actually chuckled out loud at work. Got a couple of odd looks.

Also my nomination for the Oilfans post HOF. Well done.

Does it make it better that I won my 3rd cup with that post? #3000Club

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #31) [message #748905 is a reply to message #748848 ]
Sat, 07 December 2019 14:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Xombie  is currently offline Xombie

No Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Fri, 06 December 2019 12:10

Oh yeah man, if you de clutter your house you definitely can make allot of space and you'll swear you moved to a bigger house. Throw out anything that doesn't bring you joy and increase your square footage is what we're supposed to do right?

That's what your talking about, right?

Bob Marley and the (Hartford) Wailers.

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #31) [message #748908 is a reply to message #748905 ]
Sat, 07 December 2019 15:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Xombie wrote on Sat, 07 December 2019 15:48

Oscargasm wrote on Fri, 06 December 2019 12:10

Oh yeah man, if you de clutter your house you definitely can make allot of space and you'll swear you moved to a bigger house. Throw out anything that doesn't bring you joy and increase your square footage is what we're supposed to do right?

That's what your talking about, right?

Ye... yeah, exactly. Sweeping away the unwanted hair that accumulates over time.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #31) [message #748855 is a reply to message #748799 ]
Fri, 06 December 2019 14:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

I'm playing hockey tonight and will check score before getting into PVR, Oil seem to have a hard time with LA.

Mustn't Lose Game

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #31) [message #748856 is a reply to message #748855 ]
Fri, 06 December 2019 15:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Fri, 06 December 2019 14:44

I'm playing hockey tonight and will check score before getting into PVR, Oil seem to have a hard time with LA.

Mustn't Lose Game

Worst six teams in the league & Oilers record against them so far this year:

#26 - Chicago - 0-1-0 (3-1L)
#27 - Columbus - 1-0-0 (4-1W)
#28 - Ottawa - 0-1-0 (5-2L)
#29 - Los Angeles - 1-1-0 (6-5W, 5-1L)
#30 - New Jersey - 1-0-0 (4-0L)
#31 - Detroit - 1-1-0 (2-1W, 3-1L)

Combined record of 3-5-0 against the worst teams in the league. That's going to have to get better if we're going to hope to be successful this year. No time like the present!

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #31) [message #748875 is a reply to message #748856 ]
Fri, 06 December 2019 20:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

2 Cups

Adam wrote on Fri, 06 December 2019 15:08

Combined record of 3-5-0 against the worst teams in the league. That's going to have to get better if we're going to hope to be successful this year. No time like the present!

We've beaten the huge loser Taylor Hall and the Devils twice already.

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #31) [message #748890 is a reply to message #748875 ]
Sat, 07 December 2019 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

NetBOG wrote on Fri, 06 December 2019 20:59

That's great news. That means that after last night we are back to .500 against the worst the league has to throw at us!

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #31) [message #748893 is a reply to message #748875 ]
Sat, 07 December 2019 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

NetBOG wrote on Fri, 06 December 2019 20:59

Just.....can't.....help.....yourself, can you?

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #31) [message #748910 is a reply to message #748893 ]
Sat, 07 December 2019 18:05 Go to previous message
welcometotheOC  is currently offline welcometotheOC

No Cups

At least he pointed out that Adam’s “facts” were inaccurate... on the negative side of course ;-). partially kidding ... I don’t mean to say it was on purpose

Previous Topic:Brian Burke on the Almost-Barn-Fight with Lowe
Next Topic:Review: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #31)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca