This day on April 19
None

Happy Birthday To: jari17, trehorse, 5mowill, Dragon_Matt, smyth2007

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #21)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #21) [message #746916]
Thu, 14 November 2019 21:30 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final

Score Prediction
Login To See Your Results
No one predicted this!

Edmonton to win:   0%
Colorado to win:   0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #21) [message #746917 is a reply to message #746916 ]
Thu, 14 November 2019 21:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ragnarok73  is currently offline Ragnarok73

2 Cups

Clearly, the Dynamic Duo read my dire prediction in the pre-game thread, got pissed, and said, "Hold our keg of beer.".

For my next prediction: the Oilers are going to lose the remainder of their games for the rest of the season, and Connor/Drai will only get 10 more points between them for that span of time. You heard me, boys!!!!

"There's no greater springboard to development than failure." - Craig MacTavish, April 13/15.

5-14-6-1

"Sabres think the suck is their ally? They merely adopted the suck. The Oilers were born in it...molded by it."

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #21) [message #746918 is a reply to message #746916 ]
Thu, 14 November 2019 21:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Great game. McDavid celebrating Taylor Hall's birthday in style.

Only bummer was Kadri getting a point ;)

Nice to see Arizona lose to Minny too! Woohoo!

4 games in a row keeping McDavid and Drai under 20 minutes. 17 for Drai and 18 for McDavid tonight. Bunch of that extremely light minutes just cruising around from half way through the 2nd, hehe.

[Updated on: Thu, 14 November 2019 21:49]

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #21) [message #746919 is a reply to message #746918 ]
Thu, 14 November 2019 21:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Thu, 14 November 2019 21:44

4 games in a row keeping McDavid and Drai under 20 minutes. 17 for Drai and 18 for McDavid tonight. Bunch of that extremely light minutes just cruising around from half way through the 2nd, hehe.

Probably cost someone 100k or a full sheet.

Wasn’t me so I don’t care, but that line looked surreal tonight.

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #21) [message #746921 is a reply to message #746919 ]
Thu, 14 November 2019 22:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

inverno76 wrote on Thu, 14 November 2019 21:59

Kr55 wrote on Thu, 14 November 2019 21:44

Probably cost someone 100k or a full sheet.

Wasn’t me so I don’t care, but that line looked surreal tonight.

Yeah, might have been nice to see McDavid try to match gagner's record and win PATRICK WILKERSON some money.

They've only had a single 2 day break since Oct 7th though (Oct 25/26), so it's a good time to put in the effort to keep McDrai rested. Big road trip coming after the Dallas game.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #21) [message #746925 is a reply to message #746921 ]
Fri, 15 November 2019 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

HOLY CRAP!!! McDavid looked pissed off and decided he was going to teach the Avs a lesson for the San Jose game. Maybe the moms after the San Jose game said the worst thing you can hear from your parents "I'm not mad, I am just disappointed."

I know there is concern about McDavid and Leon scoring so many goals but at the same time, everything is just going in for them. They have played under 19 mins the last 4 games in a row. The only alternative is to bench them which why would you do that.

I though the team actually played really well. He didn't score but I though Archibald looked good on Nuge's wing and brought speed to it. PK was great. PP was 4-6. The defense was pretty solid. I didn't like the 2 goals against but other than that Smith was good.

So far, the Oilers aren't going into the big slumps they usually go into. In the past, a game like San Jose would put them into a tailspin but this time they came out and boot stomped the Avs.

I think any worry that Tippet and him bringing in actual structure and trying to cut down goals against would stunt McDavid and Leon's offense is gone. They defend way less and by not spending as much time in the defensive zone, they get more offensive chances.

[Updated on: Fri, 15 November 2019 08:39]

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #21) [message #746926 is a reply to message #746925 ]
Fri, 15 November 2019 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

1 Cup

RDOilerfan wrote on Fri, 15 November 2019 08:21

HOLY CRAP!!! McDavid looked pissed off and decided he was going to teach the Avs a lesson for the San Jose game. Maybe the moms after the San Jose game said the worst thing you can hear from your parents "I'm not mad, I am just disappointed."

I know there is concern about McDavid and Leon scoring so many goals but at the same time, everything is just going in for them. They have played under 19 mins the last 4 games in a row. The only alternative is to bench them which why would you do that.

I though the team actually played really well. He didn't score but I though Archibald looked good on Nuge's wing and brought speed to it. PK was great. PP was 4-6. The defense was pretty solid. I didn't like the 2 goals against but other than that Smith was good.

So far, the Oilers aren't going into the big slumps they usually go into. In the past, a game like San Jose would put them into a tailspin but this time they came out and boot stomped the Avs.

I think any worry that Tippet and him bringing in actual structure and trying to cut down goals against would stunt McDavid and Leon's offense is gone. They defend way less and by not spending as much time in the defensive zone, they get more offensive chances.

The important thing is that Sheahan didn't score.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #21) [message #746927 is a reply to message #746921 ]
Fri, 15 November 2019 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GabbyDugan  is currently offline GabbyDugan

No Cups

The coaches deserve some credit for the change in effort between the game in San Jose and Thursday night. They. were critical after the San Jose game, but didn’t rip on any individual guys or bag skate the team in the aftermath.
Jones didn’t do anything to be noticed, and I mean that in a good way. He seems to be fitting in and not trying to do too much.
Would have been a good night for the third and fourth lines to show some offence, but it was a McDavid night.
Nugent-Hopkins seems to be slowly but steadily finding his groove.

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #21) [message #746928 is a reply to message #746927 ]
Fri, 15 November 2019 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Iamheretoday is currently online Iamheretoday

No Cups

This is the game the rest of the league should focus on. This team will not longer roll over and take it. Nice to see some actual structured hockey, goaltending being shaky notwithstanding, after a game the forgot to show up for.
I am actually excited to watch the games again, live. Bring on the next 60 games Wave Towel

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #21) [message #746957 is a reply to message #746916 ]
Fri, 15 November 2019 17:08 Go to previous message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Just to put McD's and LD's amazing year in perspective so far.. here is how they rank against Gretzky and Kurri all those years ago... 65 pts in 21 games ...freaking WOW!icon_eek

https://postmediaedmontonjournal2.files.wordpress.com/2019/11/screen-shot-2019-11-15-at-8.47.54-am.png

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Previous Topic:Pregame: Dallas @ Edmonton (Game #22)
Next Topic:GDT: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #21)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca