This day on April 16
Acquired: Ty Conklin (2001)

Happy Birthday To: Ryno, Rifle, tollen, oiler-dude, oiler4life, Big T, MikeHawk, ryanbatty, jtb36, retirealreadymikekeane

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #10)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Review: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #10) [message #745370]
Tue, 22 October 2019 20:30 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final

Score Prediction
Login To See Your Results
No one predicted this!

Edmonton to win: 0%
Minnesota to win: 0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #10) [message #745371 is a reply to message #745370 ]
Tue, 22 October 2019 20:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ragnarok73  is currently offline Ragnarok73

2 Cups

http://giphygifs.s3.amazonaws.com/media/lfqwpih1HexgY/giphy.gif

https://media.giphy.com/media/3ohzdCWEp03BilIsh2/giphy.gif

[Updated on: Tue, 22 October 2019 20:35]

"There's no greater springboard to development than failure." - Craig MacTavish, April 13/15.

5-14-6-1

"Sabres think the suck is their ally? They merely adopted the suck. The Oilers were born in it...molded by it."

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #10) [message #745375 is a reply to message #745370 ]
Tue, 22 October 2019 20:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

7-2-1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://media2.giphy.com/media/3o7bu6vrY1nKYq0czS/giphy.gif

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #10) [message #745376 is a reply to message #745370 ]
Tue, 22 October 2019 20:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
overdue  is currently offline overdue

No Cups

Hope they stock up on smelling salts for the next one !

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #10) [message #745384 is a reply to message #745376 ]
Tue, 22 October 2019 22:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

overdue wrote on Tue, 22 October 2019 20:45

Hope they stock up on smelling salts for the next one !

Have they tried amphetamines? That was the shi##iest Oilers performance I've seen since...last season, maybe longer.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #10) [message #745377 is a reply to message #745370 ]
Tue, 22 October 2019 20:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

That was tough to watch. Not many positive takeaways here.

They didn’t get worse after the first?

Smith continued to battle?

If they scored on the PP when Dubnyk left the game instead of hitting the post maybe that sparks them.

https://i.gifer.com/3irX.gif

That being said. 7-2-1 after 10 games was beyond expectations.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #10) [message #745378 is a reply to message #745370 ]
Tue, 22 October 2019 20:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jds308  is currently offline jds308

No Cups

That sucked. Winning when we didn't deserve it was way better than losing when we don't deserve it. We should go back to that.

I make music:
Undermaker442

308 Media Group

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #10) [message #745379 is a reply to message #745370 ]
Tue, 22 October 2019 21:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
philly boy  is currently offline philly boy

No Cups

you couldn't pay me to watch a game against Minny

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #10) [message #745385 is a reply to message #745379 ]
Tue, 22 October 2019 22:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

philly boy wrote on Tue, 22 October 2019 21:02

you couldn't pay me to watch a game against Minny

Yeah, good call there if you missed this garbage.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #10) [message #745387 is a reply to message #745370 ]
Tue, 22 October 2019 23:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Tobias Rieder scored more goals than the Oilers tonight. Lucic got an assist too.

So the bottom six (eight actually) forwards are on pace for 8 goals this year...that, in case anyone is wondering would be a new record in a landslide. One tally in the first 10 games, and an 8-game scoring drought now. That's a problem.

Nugent-Hopkins hasn't been as good as we have come to expect him either...6 points in 10 games means he's on pace for a 50 point season, but 5 of his 6 points have come on the powerplay. When he's away from McDavid & Draisaitl, not much is happening. Someone would have to go look at the numbers, but I'd hazard a guess that of the 31 goals the Oilers have scored, there's not more than 4 or 5 that have happened with neither of 97 and 29 on the ice. Maybe it's less than that even.

It looks like the top guys might be ailing this week - possibly the flu has bit them. Draisaitl played the second least amount of minutes that he's played all season - which is odd given the fact the Oilers were trailing all game. Between the two of them, McDavid & Draisaitl only accounted for three shots tonight.

But it's worth noting that as long as there's no scoring from anyone but those guys, the strategy from other teams is just going to be to focus everything on stopping them (and avoiding penalties), because we're going to lose the game in the 36-41 minutes a night they're not on the ice.

It's not often you need to be concerned about a 7-2-1 team, but there is a lot of red flags here. If they're not addressed, it's going to be pretty easy to fritter away some early gains. I was disappointed the team elected not to play Gagner tonight. Hopefully this convinces Tippett of the error of his ways.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #10) [message #745391 is a reply to message #745387 ]
Wed, 23 October 2019 06:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

1 Cup

Adam wrote on Wed, 23 October 2019 02:07

It's not often you need to be concerned about a 7-2-1 team, but there is a lot of red flags here.

No kidding. There have been red flags since the first game, but we are negative Nellies if we mention any areas of concern.

McDavid and Draisaitl are awesome. We already knew that. Neal got off to a great start, don't think even the most optimistic fan could have predicted a Gretzky record breaking start - so that was nice. Bear is a nice revelation. And the goaltending has actually been pretty good. So certainly some positives.

But the big 2 can't play 26min/night - it is simply not sustainable over an 82 game season.

The good news is that the top end of the roster is good. The D is not bad and looks promising for years to come. But that bottom 6 is historically bad.

The aggregated stats line for the bottom 10 forwards reads:

70GP, 1G, 4A, 5Pts, +/- -20, 67 SOG. Like Adam mentions, makes game planning pretty easy.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #10) [message #745392 is a reply to message #745387 ]
Wed, 23 October 2019 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Tue, 22 October 2019 23:07

Tobias Rieder scored more goals than the Oilers tonight. Lucic got an assist too.

So the bottom six (eight actually) forwards are on pace for 8 goals this year...that, in case anyone is wondering would be a new record in a landslide. One tally in the first 10 games, and an 8-game scoring drought now. That's a problem.

Nugent-Hopkins hasn't been as good as we have come to expect him either...6 points in 10 games means he's on pace for a 50 point season, but 5 of his 6 points have come on the powerplay. When he's away from McDavid & Draisaitl, not much is happening. Someone would have to go look at the numbers, but I'd hazard a guess that of the 31 goals the Oilers have scored, there's not more than 4 or 5 that have happened with neither of 97 and 29 on the ice. Maybe it's less than that even.

It looks like the top guys might be ailing this week - possibly the flu has bit them. Draisaitl played the second least amount of minutes that he's played all season - which is odd given the fact the Oilers were trailing all game. Between the two of them, McDavid & Draisaitl only accounted for three shots tonight.

But it's worth noting that as long as there's no scoring from anyone but those guys, the strategy from other teams is just going to be to focus everything on stopping them (and avoiding penalties), because we're going to lose the game in the 36-41 minutes a night they're not on the ice.

It's not often you need to be concerned about a 7-2-1 team, but there is a lot of red flags here. If they're not addressed, it's going to be pretty easy to fritter away some early gains. I was disappointed the team elected not to play Gagner tonight. Hopefully this convinces Tippett of the error of his ways.

It's getting comical at this point how little our depth players are able to produce. Watch Rieder end up with his 10 goals this year with the flames and Granlund end up with 0.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #10) [message #745388 is a reply to message #745370 ]
Tue, 22 October 2019 23:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mightyreasoner  is currently offline mightyreasoner

No Cups

After 10 games:

Tomas Jurco (2 points, 9 games) - 55.8 CF%
Alex Chiasson (1 point, 7 games) - 45.7 CF%
Joakim Nygard (1 point, 6 games) - 41.5 CF%
Gaetan Haas (1 point, 5 games) - 42.9 CF%

Jujhar Khaira (0 points, 10 games) - 44.0 CF%
Marcus Granlund (0 points, 9 games) - 44.3 CF%
Riley Sheahan (0 points, 8 games) - 47.7 CF%
Josh Archibald (0 points, 7 games) - 48.9 CF%
Patrick Russell (0 points, 7 games) - 51.1 CF%

Secondary scoring does not seem to have been solved.

Time for some of these guys (Chiasson, Khaira, Granlund, Archibald, Russell) to spend some time in the pressbox and for the Oilers to try and inject some offense in that bottom six.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #10) [message #745390 is a reply to message #745388 ]
Wed, 23 October 2019 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ragnarok73  is currently offline Ragnarok73

2 Cups

mightyreasoner wrote on Tue, 22 October 2019 23:59

After 10 games:

Tomas Jurco (2 points, 9 games) - 55.8 CF%
Alex Chiasson (1 point, 7 games) - 45.7 CF%
Joakim Nygard (1 point, 6 games) - 41.5 CF%
Gaetan Haas (1 point, 5 games) - 42.9 CF%

Jujhar Khaira (0 points, 10 games) - 44.0 CF%
Marcus Granlund (0 points, 9 games) - 44.3 CF%
Riley Sheahan (0 points, 8 games) - 47.7 CF%
Josh Archibald (0 points, 7 games) - 48.9 CF%
Patrick Russell (0 points, 7 games) - 51.1 CF%

Secondary scoring does not seem to have been solved.

Time for some of these guys (Chiasson, Khaira, Granlund, Archibald, Russell) to spend some time in the pressbox and for the Oilers to try and inject some offense in that bottom six.

The problem is: who would replace them? We all knew secondary scoring was a major issue going into this season. The blazing-hot start managed to draw attention away from it, but these last two games have really exposed the maggots to the light. The 4th line in particular were just putrid tonight; on top of being black holes on offense, they were coughing up the puck and led directly to the first two goals against. They need to ride the bench for at least a month if not the entire rest of the season.

"There's no greater springboard to development than failure." - Craig MacTavish, April 13/15.

5-14-6-1

"Sabres think the suck is their ally? They merely adopted the suck. The Oilers were born in it...molded by it."

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #10) [message #745389 is a reply to message #745370 ]
Wed, 23 October 2019 00:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Successfully deployed my Edmonton Eskimo game viewing protocol tonight, sat down with a small helping of tasty Hawkins Cheezies, watched my PVR in real time until it was 2-0 then hit the FF in 5 minute intervals, looking at score clock as I did so, went to 3-0 then kept hitting it repeatedly until it was playing "the top 10 greatest something" .. Figured I saved over 2 hours of my life.. I love you PVR! ..

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #10) [message #745394 is a reply to message #745389 ]
Wed, 23 October 2019 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

This game was pretty simple for me. I completely understand the value of depth players and dmen. They play a role and can help your team win. But when your top players, the guys who play the most minutes and make the most money play like garbage, your team will not win. Starting from McDavid and going down, they all sucked last night. Your top players don't even have to score all the time, they just need to play reasonably well to set the tone. Very, very poor effort.

[Updated on: Wed, 23 October 2019 08:40]

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #10) [message #745396 is a reply to message #745394 ]
Wed, 23 October 2019 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Wed, 23 October 2019 08:11

This game was pretty simple for me. I completely understand the value of depth players and dmen. They play a role and can help your team win. But when your top players, the guys who play the most minutes and make the most money play like garbage, your team will not win. Starting from McDavid and going down, they all sucked last night. Your top players don't even have to score all the time, they just need to play reasonably well to set the tone. Very, very poor effort.

I dunno man. The Leafs won a game with 5 goals the other night and no one of their top guys got a point. Could you imagine our 3rd and 4th lines scoring 5 goals in 1 game? Yeah...neither can I. And yeah, I'm aware our record is better than the leafs at the moment :)

Having a really good top end of your lineup can make sure you are around the .500 mark for sure, but the top teams in this league that get way over that do it because they have some depth. No top players and bad depth, that's lottery land. Even top players have slumps through the regular season, and a well build team can get through them other ways. We are completely incapable of that from what we've seen so far.

[Updated on: Wed, 23 October 2019 08:52]

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #10) [message #745398 is a reply to message #745396 ]
Wed, 23 October 2019 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Wed, 23 October 2019 08:47

I dunno man. The Leafs won a game with 5 goals the other night and no one of their top guys got a point. Could you imagine our 3rd and 4th lines scoring 5 goals in 1 game? Yeah...neither can I. And yeah, I'm aware our record is better than the leafs at the moment :)

Having a really good top end of your lineup can make sure you are around the .500 mark for sure, but the top teams in this league that get way over that do it because they have some depth. No top players and bad depth, that's lottery land. Even top players have slumps through the regular season, and a well build team can get through them other ways. We are completely incapable of that from what we've seen so far.

As I said in my post, bottom 6 score needs to happen for the Oilers. I didn't watch the Leafs game but I have a hard time believing that the Leafs top 2 lines did absolutely nothing for the whole game. There will be games where the top lines just won't score for whatever reason. On average, what do most teams give their top 2 lines in the way of ice time? The top line probably gets a little over 20 mins and the second line gets 20 mins or just under 20. So in most cases, your top 2 lines get 2/3 of the ice time. I don't care how good your bottom 6 is, a team isn't going to win very many games if their top 2 lines are giving them NOTHING when they play 2/3 of the game. I can't even really remember very many shifts for the whole game where the top 2 lines generated much even in the way of a good scoring chance.

McDavid in just over 21 mins had 2 shots and was a -1.
Leon in just under 20 had 1 shot and was -1.
Nuge in just under 19 had 2 shots.
Neal in just under 19 had 0 shots.

There are the 4 highest paid players who get the most minutes and they all didn't generate much in the way of scoring chances.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #10) [message #745400 is a reply to message #745398 ]
Wed, 23 October 2019 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Wed, 23 October 2019 09:05

As I said in my post, bottom 6 score needs to happen for the Oilers. I didn't watch the Leafs game but I have a hard time believing that the Leafs top 2 lines did absolutely nothing for the whole game. There will be games where the top lines just won't score for whatever reason. On average, what do most teams give their top 2 lines in the way of ice time? The top line probably gets a little over 20 mins and the second line gets 20 mins or just under 20. So in most cases, your top 2 lines get 2/3 of the ice time. I don't care how good your bottom 6 is, a team isn't going to win very many games if their top 2 lines are giving them NOTHING when they play 2/3 of the game. I can't even really remember very many shifts for the whole game where the top 2 lines generated much even in the way of a good scoring chance.

There are the 4 highest paid players who get the most minutes and they all didn't generate much in the way of scoring chances.

I don't mean to just fixate on this game. It was an extra bad one for everyone involved for sure. I'm more talking to the pattern of the last years where next to nothing is happening without the top guys involved. These games are going to be common again if our depth continues to be useless. The Jets game is probably a more disappointing example, because the game was there to be had if anyone on the bottom 2/3 lines was able to get something done. That was a great opportunity for someone either than the top few guys to actually help put a win on the board, but, nadda, again.

2 100 point guys playing together still probably only averages to ~1.5-1.75 goals/game (accounting for how they will have points on the same goal often playing together). That's not enough to win the average NHL game where 5.5 or so goals are scored. The production from your top line will come in spurts and have slumps. You need more from the rest of the lineup, often, to be a truly good team. Top guys can't be on every night getting 2-3 points a game, or they would be challenging Gretzky's records.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #10) [message #745401 is a reply to message #745400 ]
Wed, 23 October 2019 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Wed, 23 October 2019 09:13

I don't mean to just fixate on this game. It was an extra bad one for everyone involved for sure. I'm more talking to the pattern of the last years where next to nothing is happening without the top guys involved. These games are going to be common again if our depth continues to be useless. The Jets game is probably a more disappointing example, because the game was there to be had if anyone on the bottom 2/3 lines was able to get something done. That was a great opportunity for someone either than the top few guys to actually help put a win on the board, but, nadda, again.

2 100 point guys playing together still probably only averages to ~1.5-1.75 goals/game (accounting for how they will have points on the same goal often playing together). That's not enough to win the average NHL game where 5.5 or so goals are scored. The production from your top line will come in spurts and have slumps. You need more from the rest of the lineup, often, to be a truly good team. Top guys can't be on every night getting 2-3 points a game, or they would be challenging Gretzky's records.

I wonder if they put Gagner in to try to get some offence out of the bottom 6. If it was me, I would give Khaira a seat. It's 10 games now and he hasn't pissed a drop of offense and I don't even know if he has had a good scoring chance. I think he's a drag on the 3rd line. He's a big guy, skates pretty well, can be physical, has edge to his game. I would think he should be able to generate something because of his combination of size and being able to skate. I don't expect him to dangle about how about some shots, put them on goal, jam one in.He should be able to give some energy at least. He had zero hits last night. Archibald is tiny and he CRUSHED a guy. What's Khaira's excuse? Do something.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #10) [message #745402 is a reply to message #745401 ]
Wed, 23 October 2019 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Wed, 23 October 2019 09:23

I wonder if they put Gagner in to try to get some offence out of the bottom 6. If it was me, I would give Khaira a seat. It's 10 games now and he hasn't pissed a drop of offense and I don't even know if he has had a good scoring chance. I think he's a drag on the 3rd line. He's a big guy, skates pretty well, can be physical, has edge to his game. I would think he should be able to generate something because of his combination of size and being able to skate. I don't expect him to dangle about how about some shots, put them on goal, jam one in.He should be able to give some energy at least. He had zero hits last night. Archibald is tiny and he CRUSHED a guy. What's Khaira's excuse? Do something.

Yeah, they really need to try something different there. I don't see that many qualities in the bottom 6 that I desperately want to hold onto. Gags to start, but may need to be looking at trying out some of the skill guys from Bakersfield.

I still can't get over how our depth lines keep getting worse. They get to play against 3rd and 4th liners, 3rd D pairs. Can't even fluke a goal off someones butt or something. It's nuts.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #10) [message #745403 is a reply to message #745402 ]
Wed, 23 October 2019 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Wed, 23 October 2019 09:28

RDOilerfan wrote on Wed, 23 October 2019 09:23

Yeah, they really need to try something different there. I don't see that many qualities in the bottom 6 that I desperately want to hold onto. Gags to start, but may need to be looking at trying out some of the skill guys from Bakersfield.

I still can't get over how our depth lines keep getting worse. They get to play against 3rd and 4th liners, 3rd D pairs. Can't even fluke a goal off someones butt or something. It's nuts.

I don't get why these bottom 6 guys aren't shooting. Are they watching McDavid and Leon dangle and think they can do it too. You are bottom 6 guys for a reason. Put the puck on net and have someone going hard to the goal. Keep it simple.

I would love to be able to be in coaches/player meetings and get into the minds of bottom 6 guys. Every time I see a bottom 6 guy try to dangle or pass up a shot to try and thread a pass through a few guys skates for what would be an easy tap in if it worked, it drives me nuts. On the best of days, deking through the opposition of threading pucks through guys doesn't always work for McDavid and Leon, why the hell do bottom 6 guys think it will EVER work for them. You are a bottom 6 guy for a freaking reason. You are on a 2 on 1, the defender has the pass cut off and has given you a clear shot but you try to pass the puck through/over the defender instead of shoot the puck hard and low and have the goalie spit out a rebound so your teammate can pop it in. So surprise surprise, the defender stops the low percentage pass and nothing comes of the play. McDavid doesn't make that pass all the time but you think you can.

[Updated on: Wed, 23 October 2019 09:54]

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #10) [message #745453 is a reply to message #745403 ]
Wed, 23 October 2019 17:31 Go to previous message
overdue  is currently offline overdue

No Cups

I think possibly the bottom six are just so afraid to make a mistake defensively that they are tight when it comes to offense and squeezing the stick a little too hard. It would be easy to fall into getting use to the big guns doing all the scoring as long as we keep it out of our net mentality. This is a re run of last year because that mind set hasn't changed. Too much McDavid and Drai to make a more balanced team effort, they get all the prime ice time. If anything you have to give the bottom guys a little more so they can get their offensive juices going and not just sick the big dogs on the other team when things are not going so well or to try to assure a win. Tippet wanted to get the team off to a good start so he used them more than is sustainable in the early going, but that only holds up if they are 100% healthy and the more that continues the less likely they will be. The injuries haven't helped either. I say it's too soon to panic, the Washington game will be a better indicator of what this team has. If they aren't ready for that one it could be a long night. All that said, there are going to be bad games in the course of the season and certain players will have bad games no matter how good a team you have.

[Updated on: Wed, 23 October 2019 22:54]

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #10) [message #745399 is a reply to message #745389 ]
Wed, 23 October 2019 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OilPeg  is currently offline OilPeg

No Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Wed, 23 October 2019 01:36

Successfully deployed my Edmonton Eskimo game viewing protocol tonight, sat down with a small helping of tasty Hawkins Cheezies, watched my PVR in real time until it was 2-0 then hit the FF in 5 minute intervals, looking at score clock as I did so, went to 3-0 then kept hitting it repeatedly until it was playing "the top 10 greatest something" .. Figured I saved over 2 hours of my life.. I love you PVR! ..

Have you tried them frozen? They're absolutely amazing frozen.

Skookum Jim wrote on Sat, 02 June 2012 00:29

But he (Belanger)'s as soft as room temp. margarine.

Skookum Jim wrote on Tue, 16 March 2021 18:49

Turris in the BOA will be like an ice cube in the Sahara.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #10) [message #745411 is a reply to message #745399 ]
Wed, 23 October 2019 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

OilPeg wrote on Wed, 23 October 2019 08:09

Frozen? Ha! interesting, how did you discover it? I'm assuming by accident, like.. they were in the trunk of your car at -20C, and you didn't give them enough time to thaw out before you started chowing down? I might give it a try..

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #10) [message #745421 is a reply to message #745411 ]
Wed, 23 October 2019 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Wed, 23 October 2019 10:55

Frozen? Ha! interesting, how did you discover it? I'm assuming by accident, like.. they were in the trunk of your car at -20C, and you didn't give them enough time to thaw out before you started chowing down? I might give it a try..

I wouldn't have thought there would be much difference, those things seem dry as a bone already, like dry popcorn would be. Deserves a test.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #10) [message #745424 is a reply to message #745421 ]
Wed, 23 October 2019 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

K.McC#24 wrote on Wed, 23 October 2019 12:54

I wouldn't have thought there would be much difference, those things seem dry as a bone already, like dry popcorn would be. Deserves a test.

My Dad always ate them that way, so just carried on the tradition I guess. They're somehow just that much better...gotta let me know if you guys like em that way or if it's just a weird Prairie Ukrainian anomaly. Has to be Hawkins though, not those poofy weird things.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #10) [message #745434 is a reply to message #745424 ]
Wed, 23 October 2019 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jds308  is currently offline jds308

No Cups

OilPeg wrote on Wed, 23 October 2019 11:19

My Dad always ate them that way, so just carried on the tradition I guess. They're somehow just that much better...gotta let me know if you guys like em that way or if it's just a weird Prairie Ukrainian anomaly. Has to be Hawkins though, not those poofy weird things.

This is without a doubt the most intriguing discovery on this site so far this season. Definitely giving this a try. I love my Hawgin's, hard to imagine an improvement, but eager to test it!

Also, for those that haven’t tried, when you go to a movie and get a bag of popcorn, also get a bag of peanut M&M’s and dump the entire bag into the popcorn. Shake it up, and boom! Amazing. Learned that on the show Mr. Robot, I’ve never gone back.

[Updated on: Wed, 23 October 2019 13:27]

I make music:
Undermaker442

308 Media Group

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #10) [message #745437 is a reply to message #745424 ]
Wed, 23 October 2019 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

OilPeg wrote on Wed, 23 October 2019 11:19

There's a guy on my hockey team that has a tradition of buying a bag of Hawkins out of a vending machine after every game, bought me a bag once.. kinda hooked now, so good, so cheesy! A Canadian innovation!

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #10) [message #745435 is a reply to message #745399 ]
Wed, 23 October 2019 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JPro  is currently offline JPro

No Cups

OilPeg wrote on Wed, 23 October 2019 09:09

Ok so I hit the vending machine at lunch and popped a little bag in the freezer. I gotta say, this isn't bad. It's like they're slightly more cheezey and...fuzzy? I'll do this over the Halloween period for sure.

I'm a big fan of putting anything chocolaty in the freezer. Frozen Snickers and Caramilk would be my guilty pleasure for sure.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #10) [message #745439 is a reply to message #745435 ]
Wed, 23 October 2019 15:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

JPro wrote on Wed, 23 October 2019 15:16

OilPeg wrote on Wed, 23 October 2019 09:09

Ok so I hit the vending machine at lunch and popped a little bag in the freezer. I gotta say, this isn't bad. It's like they're slightly more cheezey and...fuzzy? I'll do this over the Halloween period for sure.

I'm a big fan of putting anything chocolaty in the freezer. Frozen Snickers and Caramilk would be my guilty pleasure for sure.

awesome!

Previous Topic:Pregame: Washington @ Edmonton (Game #11)
Next Topic:GDT: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #10)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca