This day on March 28
None

Happy Birthday To: miker0x, GuyF, bigmike, graveyardshift, bluemiler, jrrd, Bobfromengland

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » McDavid Injury is a PCLPages (6): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  >  »]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #742307 is a reply to message #742306 ]
Wed, 04 September 2019 13:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55 is currently online Kr55

6 Cups

Goose wrote on Wed, 04 September 2019 13:38

Kr55 wrote on Wed, 04 September 2019 10:16

Ryan Rishaug @TSNRyanRishaug
Holland re : McDavid “The plan is to be conservative and look at the big picture. He s been skating since late July, He s getting better every week. Let’s get him to Edmonton and see where he’s at in 3 weeks. I expect him on ice early in camp. Let’s be safe. Not sorry”

Wouldn't expect him to play many, if any, pre-season games.

So is Holland saying here that McDavid won't be ready for the start of camp?

Hehe, it is a muddled quote for sure. I would guess camp is seen as a safe space for McDavid, so he can participate? But, waiting weeks still to see where he is ad, so that probably rules out at least some of pre-season.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Send a private message to this user  

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #742312 is a reply to message #742306 ]
Wed, 04 September 2019 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Goose wrote on Wed, 04 September 2019 13:38

Kr55 wrote on Wed, 04 September 2019 10:16

Holland re : McDavid “The plan is to be conservative and look at the big picture. He s been skating since late July, He s getting better every week. Let’s get him to Edmonton and see where he’s at in 3 weeks. I expect him on ice early in camp. Let’s be safe. Not sorry”

Wouldn't expect him to play many, if any, pre-season games.

So is Holland saying here that McDavid won't be ready for the start of camp?

I think Holland & McDavid's agent are saying that he's not going to be ready for the start of the season. But it's okay, don't worry about it. We're playing it safe.

FWIW, I think he'll be great when he's back. But I'm guessing he plays his first game in mid-to-late October.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #742305 is a reply to message #742271 ]
Wed, 04 September 2019 13:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Goose  is currently offline Goose

1 Cup

RDOilerfan wrote on Wed, 04 September 2019 07:40

There is zero upside to that and would completely destroy what little creditability they might have. But until McDavid is on the ice and people see him flying around like old, I have no way to prove Adam and his conspiracy theory wrong.

The upside would be that season ticket sales were down and they didn't want to do anything that might hurt that further.

I'm not saying that's what happened, but I'm not not saying it either.

Oilers Goal Differential
17/18: 234 GF / 263 GA (-29)
18/19: 232 GF / 274 GA (-42)
19/20 (82 game pace): 257 GF / 254 GA (+3) in 64 games
2021 (82 game pace):269 GF / 235 GA (+34) after 38 games

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #742308 is a reply to message #742305 ]
Wed, 04 September 2019 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

Goose wrote on Wed, 04 September 2019 13:37

There is zero upside to that and would completely destroy what little creditability they might have. But until McDavid is on the ice and people see him flying around like old, I have no way to prove Adam and his conspiracy theory wrong.

The upside would be that season ticket sales were down and they didn't want to do anything that might hurt that further.

That could have been the case months ago. What value is there lying a month before the season? My company renewed and we had to do that months ago.

From what I have heard so far. There has been no set backs, everything has been going well. He's been skating since July. He's right on schedule. This information has come from the Oilers but also McDavid and now his agent. So if this isn't true then everyone including McDavid is lying to our faces. I really doubt that is the case.

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #742314 is a reply to message #742308 ]
Wed, 04 September 2019 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
McDavid97  is currently offline McDavid97

No Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Wed, 04 September 2019 13:43

That could have been the case months ago. What value is there lying a month before the season? My company renewed and we had to do that months ago.

From what I have heard so far. There has been no set backs, everything has been going well. He's been skating since July. He's right on schedule. This information has come from the Oilers but also McDavid and now his agent. So if this isn't true then everyone including McDavid is lying to our faces. I really doubt that is the case.

Renewals yes, but I'm going to bet they haven't sold as many season tickets as last year and still trying to sell those. That's a lot tougher if someone says Mcdavid misses games.

Also single game sales are going to be down as well. You can get 14 seats in a row (not resale) through the Oilers for the home opener. Home Openers are always sold out when tickets are first released.

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #742317 is a reply to message #742314 ]
Wed, 04 September 2019 14:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

McDavid97 wrote on Wed, 04 September 2019 14:32

Renewals yes, but I'm going to bet they haven't sold as many season tickets as last year and still trying to sell those. That's a lot tougher if someone says Mcdavid misses games.

Also single game sales are going to be down as well. You can get 14 seats in a row (not resale) through the Oilers for the home opener. Home Openers are always sold out when tickets are first released.

It's pretty incredible that they blew through a 2000-3000 name waiting list that people were actually being charged money to stay on...

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #742320 is a reply to message #742314 ]
Wed, 04 September 2019 14:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Am I seeing 5 tickets (2 pairs and 1 single) available right behind the Oilers bench for the home opener in less than a month? Nice.

How does Bobby nicks still have a job?

ah, nvm, confusing resale for first sale. I see all the bunches of never sold ones higher up, and some scattered in the lower bowl.

[Updated on: Wed, 04 September 2019 15:05]

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #742324 is a reply to message #742320 ]
Wed, 04 September 2019 15:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Magnum  is currently offline Magnum

No Cups

Kr55 wrote on Wed, 04 September 2019 14:56

Am I seeing 5 tickets (2 pairs and 1 single) available right behind the Oilers bench for the home opener in less than a month? Nice.

How does Bobby nicks still have a job?

https://media.giphy.com/media/GevUgqCpks8pi/giphy.gif

2015/2016 - This Kool-Aid tastes like McDavid flavoured Drain-O.
2016/2017 - This Kool-Aid is starting to taste like juice.
2017/2018 - I'm drinking this Kool-Aid, in hopes that it's Drain-O.
2018/2019 - Another round of Drain-O, good sir!

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #742322 is a reply to message #742314 ]
Wed, 04 September 2019 15:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

So let's pretend the team isn't truthful. Why would McDavid and his agent lie? Every player wants to play in a packed stadium because it's just better but just like every player in all the crap markets that draw squat, whether Rogers Place is sold out or half full, McDavid will get paid no matter what. So why would they risk his brand and lie? His agent came out yesterday and talked about how he's been skating for almost 2 months, how great of shape he's in, how the rehab is going great, there has been no set backs, how they are on schedule. He didn't come out and say he will play game 1 but nothing he said was remotely negative. By all account, everything was going perfectly. So if that wasn't the case, why on earth would the agent say ANYTHING. He could have just said that McDavid has been skating and going through the rehab program he had laid out for him and answered the question. He didn't have to go into detail about how great things have gone.

So if someone wants to be skeptical of the team, I guess I can buy that. But what value would McDavid and his agent get by lying. Selling tickets is the Oilers problem, not McDavid's. His job is to look after his body and to play to the best of his abilities, that's it. There is absolutely no benefit to McDavid to lie about his condition.

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #742326 is a reply to message #742322 ]
Wed, 04 September 2019 15:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Wed, 04 September 2019 15:11

So let's pretend the team isn't truthful. Why would McDavid and his agent lie? Every player wants to play in a packed stadium because it's just better but just like every player in all the crap markets that draw squat, whether Rogers Place is sold out or half full, McDavid will get paid no matter what. So why would they risk his brand and lie? His agent came out yesterday and talked about how he's been skating for almost 2 months, how great of shape he's in, how the rehab is going great, there has been no set backs, how they are on schedule. He didn't come out and say he will play game 1 but nothing he said was remotely negative. By all account, everything was going perfectly. So if that wasn't the case, why on earth would the agent say ANYTHING. He could have just said that McDavid has been skating and going through the rehab program he had laid out for him and answered the question. He didn't have to go into detail about how great things have gone.

So if someone wants to be skeptical of the team, I guess I can buy that. But what value would McDavid and his agent get by lying. Selling tickets is the Oilers problem, not McDavid's. His job is to look after his body and to play to the best of his abilities, that's it. There is absolutely no benefit to McDavid to lie about his condition.

No one is lying.

McDavid could honestly, be skating the last two months, be in great shape, be feeling pretty good, be working to try to be ready as soon as possible and still not really likely be ready by October 1. Honestly, the recovery schedule never made it seem like he was a shoo-in to be in the lineup to start the season either...

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #742327 is a reply to message #742322 ]
Wed, 04 September 2019 15:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
McDavid97  is currently offline McDavid97

No Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Wed, 04 September 2019 15:11

I didn't say lying but it's not like Mcdavid doesn't want to play, I think he would go out and play the first regular season game if he was hurt. I think they are going to take a cautious approach (at least I hope with Holland). Mcdavid hasn't played against any competition yet or taken hits (unless he has?) to get him ready for the regular season.
So I don't see the Oilers coming out and saying he's back for X game but I also don't see them coming out and saying anything is going to be delayed. It's better for everyone with less information and you see how he's progressed with actual competition (in pre season at home or practice squad) and then make a call.

But I again I don't see either of them (Oilers/McDavid) saying he's going to miss X games if they know that, I think they are going to see this upcoming month. I hope he's ready but I don't see him playing the opener if he doesn't get any pre season games in.

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #742454 is a reply to message #735721 ]
Sat, 07 September 2019 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Lots of twitter vids of McDavid zipping around at camp.

Daniel Nugent-Bowman @DNBsports
Connor McDavid says there are no limitations on the ice and he feels good. “It feels like nothing’s changed.” However, he can’t guarantee if he’ll be in the lineup for opening night. “We’re working towards that,” he said.

Probably at the point where the player would probably be fine playing, but docs need to reel him back. Hopefully all goes well leading up to game 1.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #742456 is a reply to message #742454 ]
Sat, 07 September 2019 15:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GabbyDugan  is currently offline GabbyDugan

No Cups

Kr55 wrote on Sat, 07 September 2019 13:28

Connor McDavid says there are no limitations on the ice and he feels good. “It feels like nothing’s changed.” However, he can’t guarantee if he’ll be in the lineup for opening night. “We’re working towards that,” he said.

Probably at the point where the player would probably be fine playing, but docs need to reel him back. Hopefully all goes well leading up to game 1.

McDavid interview after the Saturday skate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mwf_kLg2BPU

Sounds like McDavid is in great shape, and listening to good medical advice. I hope Holland and Tippett don't put on any pressure to rush the process, and I think they have enough common sense to be patient.

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #742464 is a reply to message #742456 ]
Sun, 08 September 2019 00:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

No Cups

GabbyDugan wrote on Sat, 07 September 2019 14:23

Kr55 wrote on Sat, 07 September 2019 13:28

McDavid interview after the Saturday skate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mwf_kLg2BPU

Sounds like McDavid is in great shape, and listening to good medical advice. I hope Holland and Tippett don't put on any pressure to rush the process, and I think they have enough common sense to be patient.

It would be nice to have management that properly managed injuries for a change. Instead of just throwing them back on the ice as quickly as possible until their shoulders explode.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #742467 is a reply to message #742464 ]
Sun, 08 September 2019 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Was spec drunk tweeting last night?

Mark Spector @SportsnetSpec
“It feels like nothing’s changed.” Best McDavid quote.

Context: McDavid was talking about his surgically repaired knee.

"Surgically repaired knee"?

His context clarification was sent out at 11pm.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #742472 is a reply to message #742467 ]
Sun, 08 September 2019 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Things are sounding pretty encouraging with McDavid. All the reports are saying he was flying around on the ice and in a 3-3 game. Looked to be doing everything he usually does. I saw some video posted of him doing some contact type of 1 on 1 drills with someone. They were grinding in the corners, bumping and grinding in front and McDavid seemed to be moving and shifting and doing what he needed to do. Now it wasn't like the defender was drilling McDavid in the back like he would get in a game but I wouldn't expect a teammate to do that anyway. Regardless, it was contact type of battle drills and if he wasn't close, I doubt he'd be doing that.

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #742562 is a reply to message #742472 ]
Wed, 11 September 2019 19:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Holland (as usual) isn't too specific (and that's the way to be when he's in speaking range of the Edmonton media), but he indicates McDavid Will play one pre-season game; or possibly zero.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/oilers-holland-talks-pul jujarvi-player-roles-eve-training-camp/

"Will McDavid play pre-season games?

"One at most. Or very likely zero. If he’s ready for opening night he’s ready. If he’s not, he’s not.'"

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #742568 is a reply to message #742562 ]
Wed, 11 September 2019 23:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Xombie  is currently offline Xombie

No Cups

GabbyDugan wrote on Wed, 11 September 2019 18:33

Holland (as usual) isn't too specific (and that's the way to be when he's in speaking range of the Edmonton media), but he indicates McDavid Will play one pre-season game; or possibly zero.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/oilers-holland-talks-pul jujarvi-player-roles-eve-training-camp/

"Will McDavid play pre-season games?

"One at most. Or very likely zero. If he’s ready for opening night he’s ready. If he’s not, he’s not.'"

Well, if anybody needed another reason to not waste time and money on pre-season there ya go.

Bob Marley and the (Hartford) Wailers.

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #742587 is a reply to message #742568 ]
Thu, 12 September 2019 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Of all players, I think McDavid is the one that will need preseason the least. It sounds like he will be participating in camp. The last thing I want to see is see him play early in preseason against some never will be's and something happen.

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #742712 is a reply to message #742467 ]
Sat, 14 September 2019 14:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Sun, 08 September 2019 09:42

Was spec drunk tweeting last night?

“It feels like nothing’s changed.” Best McDavid quote.

Context: McDavid was talking about his surgically repaired knee.

"Surgically repaired knee"?

His context clarification was sent out at 11pm.

Well past Happy Hour and still a few hours left until Last Call :)

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #742710 is a reply to message #735721 ]
Sat, 14 September 2019 14:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

https://twitter.com/TSNRyanRishaug/status/117295190531770777 6?s=20

Bit of a collision in front with McDavid, gets up and shakes it off. He was fine, finished skate.

Video in tweet, watch to the end.

https://media1.giphy.com/media/1O43UNtta63S5KLLcK/giphy.gif

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #742713 is a reply to message #742710 ]
Sat, 14 September 2019 15:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Sat, 14 September 2019 13:37

Bit of a collision in front with McDavid, gets up and shakes it off. He was fine, finished skate.

... The stumble afterwards was the worrisome part.. I've never seen him do that .. like... "lose his balance" ..

He could feel 100%, the feedback he's getting from his body tells him everything is normal, like it was, but the injury healing is only 80%, .. he needs to go conservative, too much for him and the game of hockey to risk.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #742714 is a reply to message #742713 ]
Sat, 14 September 2019 15:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Sat, 14 September 2019 15:09

... The stumble afterwards was the worrisome part.. I've never seen him do that .. like... "lose his balance" ..

He could feel 100%, the feedback he's getting from his body tells him everything is normal, like it was, but the injury healing is only 80%, .. he needs to go conservative, too much for him and the game of hockey to risk.

This is fine. It’s fine dammit. Shut up.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #742724 is a reply to message #742714 ]
Sun, 15 September 2019 00:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

No Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Sat, 14 September 2019 14:52

Skookum Jim wrote on Sat, 14 September 2019 15:09

This is fine. It’s fine dammit. Shut up.

I'd be hiring Tony Stark to build McD an Iron Man style leg brace for the year to protect and support it as much as possible and give that thing as much heal time. Even if it adds some drag. Take it slow and protect it as much as possible. icon_eek

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #742882 is a reply to message #742724 ]
Tue, 17 September 2019 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

I found it interesting/encouraging that McDavid yesterday I believe mentioned that the knee feels good and he would like to get in at least 2 games in the preseason. The GM and coaching staff seem to be the ones putting the brakes on playing any games and erroring on the side of caution which I am all for. I am hopeful that if McDavid is outwardly pushing to play rather than giving his usual next to no information answers, that means things are actually fine and he will be ready to go for opening night.

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #742906 is a reply to message #742882 ]
Tue, 17 September 2019 18:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

https://www.tsn.ca/video/mcdavid-on-pre-season-games-i-d-lik e-to-play-one-or-two~1780271

McDavid is clearly tired of Rishaug asking him how he's feeling every day :) (reply to 1st question in the video).

McDavid's answer about Bouchard's fitness is interesting. He goes out of his way to talk about how he has seen guys with great fitness tests that are terrible on the ice (and ones with bad tests that were good). I wonder if any guy in particular is coming to mind as he says that. One comes to mine.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #742908 is a reply to message #742906 ]
Tue, 17 September 2019 19:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HamBlaster  is currently offline HamBlaster

No Cups

Wow... Connor is not really seeming all that ok with just canned responses anymore. He's showing a lot of emotion and barely suppressed anger.

I honestly think the Oil have this season to turn things around with him or he's going to want out. He's hating the questions and that response about Bouch was really sharp.

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #743212 is a reply to message #742908 ]
Tue, 24 September 2019 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Spec is saying he thinks McDavid might play tonight. Apparently he's been blowing by guys and going extremely hard in practice. Supposedly McDavid according to Tippett is setting the pace of practice which is really high. Seems like it's a absolute lock he's at least going to be in the opener and probably easily plays at least 1 preseason game.

So much for the theory that the Oilers have been hiding the fact that the injury was worse than they reported.

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #743214 is a reply to message #743212 ]
Tue, 24 September 2019 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Tue, 24 September 2019 08:36

Spec is saying he thinks McDavid might play tonight. Apparently he's been blowing by guys and going extremely hard in practice. Supposedly McDavid according to Tippett is setting the pace of practice which is really high. Seems like it's a absolute lock he's at least going to be in the opener and probably easily plays at least 1 preseason game.

So much for the theory that the Oilers have been hiding the fact that the injury was worse than they reported.

I dunno. Might be a robot pretending to be McDavid. Robots are pretty advanced these days.

If I am to really believe this is McDavid, he needs to do that thing in Terminator 2 where he shows us what is inside one of his arms.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #743215 is a reply to message #743214 ]
Tue, 24 September 2019 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Tue, 24 September 2019 08:49

I dunno. Might be a robot pretending to be McDavid. Robots are pretty advanced these days.

If I am to really believe this is McDavid, he needs to do that thing in Terminator 2 where he shows us what is inside one of his arms.

Pretending to be a robot? I assumed he was a robot all along.

His "injury" was just a cleaver misdirection by the Oilers to hide the fact he is a robot. Plus it also gives the Oilers full right amongst hockey people as part of "the code" to take out Gio's knee in retaliation and crush the Flames season.

[Updated on: Tue, 24 September 2019 09:08]

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #743217 is a reply to message #743215 ]
Tue, 24 September 2019 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Tue, 24 September 2019 08:55

Kr55 wrote on Tue, 24 September 2019 08:49

Pretending to be a robot? I assumed he was a robot all along.

His "injury" was just a cleaver misdirection by the Oilers to hide the fact he is a robot. Plus it also gives the Oilers full right amongst hockey people as part of "the code" to take out Gio's knee in retaliation and crush the Flames season.

hehe, good point. Maybe we need further dissection before people will believe. Is he a legal modern day robot? Or an illegal one from the future?

In all seriousness though, pretty awesome that we are talking about him being back for pre-season. And who knows, maybe having a summer that had a lot of breaks physically will do him some good.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #743218 is a reply to message #743217 ]
Tue, 24 September 2019 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Unconfirmed, but TSN 1260 radio are claiming McDavid will be playing tonight against Arizona.

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #743232 is a reply to message #743218 ]
Tue, 24 September 2019 12:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

GabbyDugan wrote on Tue, 24 September 2019 09:05

Unconfirmed, but TSN 1260 radio are claiming McDavid will be playing tonight against Arizona.

https://media1.giphy.com/media/dYZuqJLDVsWMLWyIxJ/200w.webp?cid=790b7611836a96ab86bd271efbf7f70563fd9904d12d137b&rid=200w.webp

[Updated on: Tue, 24 September 2019 16:57]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #743233 is a reply to message #742906 ]
Tue, 24 September 2019 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

1 Cup

Kr55 wrote on Tue, 17 September 2019 21:32

https://www.tsn.ca/video/mcdavid-on-pre-season-games-i-d-lik e-to-play-one-or-two~1780271

McDavid is clearly tired of Rishaug asking him how he's feeling every day :) (reply to 1st question in the video).

McDavid's answer about Bouchard's fitness is interesting. He goes out of his way to talk about how he has seen guys with great fitness tests that are terrible on the ice (and ones with bad tests that were good). I wonder if any guy in particular is coming to mind as he says that. One comes to mine.

He's looking salty AF.

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #752012 is a reply to message #735721 ]
Mon, 20 January 2020 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Sportsnet has a documentary coming up after the ASG called "Whatever it Takes". It's about McDavid's injury and recovery.

Sounds like it was a full PCL tear plus other damage to his knee. More serious than they ever disclosed.

Can we please just get a goon signed to launch himself into Giordano's knees Jan 29th? :)

Side note about Gio. He might finally be getting old. His production is way down this year. Turning 37 at the start of next season. Keep declining please you jacka$%.

[Updated on: Mon, 20 January 2020 13:13]

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #752014 is a reply to message #752012 ]
Mon, 20 January 2020 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 20 January 2020 13:10

Sportsnet has a documentary coming up after the ASG called "Whatever it Takes". It's about McDavid's injury and recovery.

Sounds like it was a full PCL tear plus other damage to his knee. More serious than they ever disclosed.

Can we please just get a goon signed to launch himself into Giordano's knees Jan 29th? :)

Side note about Gio. He might finally be getting old. His production is way down this year. Turning 37 at the start of next season. Keep declining please you jacka$%.

I still to this day thought what Gio did was a freaking cheap shot. Last game of the season, meaningless game. What the hell are you doing diving at a guys legs. If it was game 7 of the cup final, fair game. Game 82 when your team is in your spot and the Oilers are out of it.

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #752015 is a reply to message #752014 ]
Mon, 20 January 2020 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 20 January 2020 13:39

I still to this day thought what Gio did was a freaking cheap shot. Last game of the season, meaningless game. What the hell are you doing diving at a guys legs. If it was game 7 of the cup final, fair game. Game 82 when your team is in your spot and the Oilers are out of it.

He's another Doan. Dirty player that manages to have his aura of being a class act for some unknown reason.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #752017 is a reply to message #752012 ]
Mon, 20 January 2020 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

1 Cup

I am shocked, SHOCKED, that we weren't given a clear picture of the severity. To think we blindly trusted this organization all this time.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #752018 is a reply to message #752017 ]
Mon, 20 January 2020 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Mon, 20 January 2020 13:48

I am shocked, SHOCKED, that we weren't given a clear picture of the severity. To think we blindly trusted this organization all this time.

That's probably a good thing, no? At least until he's 100% recovered. Not really any benefit to telling the hockey world the full details of anyone's injury.

The oilers way IMO would be to play up how bad the injury is over summer to help pre-establish an excuse in case the season goes bad :)

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #752019 is a reply to message #752017 ]
Mon, 20 January 2020 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
MJ  is currently offline MJ

No Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Mon, 20 January 2020 12:48

Even more hilarious was the long-running debate between mistrust of the Oilers versus those that preferred blind faith.

From today's revelation, score a point for Team Mistrust.

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #752020 is a reply to message #752012 ]
Mon, 20 January 2020 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Probably belongs in speculation, but I guess we can find out for sure after the ASG :) This is a claim from someone that has knowledge of the production of his special:

-The range of medical opinions was crazy; one doctor said surgery was needed immediately and that he would need two years of rehab;
-The Oilers paid $4M to assemble a team of something like 10 specialists to develop a regimen for Connor to follow in a private facility near Toronto (NDAs etc. are the reason that the media didn't have the full story); and
-For large portions of the summer, Connor was in the pool for 10+ hours a day.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Pages (6): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  >  »]  
Previous Topic:Benning to Bakersfield for Conditioning
Next Topic:Strome for Spooner Trade
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca