This day on March 29
None

Happy Birthday To: SMURDS, JRock71, Cpt Waffle, TexasOiler, Morgan99

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Post-Chiarelli Oilers Media BlastsPages (4): [ «  <  1  2  3  4]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: Post-Chiarelli Oilers Media Blasts [message #733809 is a reply to message #733807 ]
Fri, 22 March 2019 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Fri, 22 March 2019 09:35

smyth260 wrote on Fri, 22 March 2019 09:32

Also lost in this is they expected Toby Rieder to have 15 goals, but I highly doubt they expected Chiasson to have 20. Kind of a wash isn't it?

I wonder if they expected Drai to be pushing 50.

Simple math on this stuff.

Good stuff that happened = credit to management for smart decisions

Bad stuff that happened = players under-performing and ruining the season

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Post-Chiarelli Oilers Media Blasts [message #733810 is a reply to message #733809 ]
Fri, 22 March 2019 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Fri, 22 March 2019 09:45

Also lost in this is they expected Toby Rieder to have 15 goals, but I highly doubt they expected Chiasson to have 20. Kind of a wash isn't it?

I can't argue with math. The math is always right. Maybe they are getting into analytics.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Post-Chiarelli Oilers Media Blasts [message #733815 is a reply to message #733810 ]
Fri, 22 March 2019 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jay  is currently offline Jay

No Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Fri, 22 March 2019 09:48

I can't argue with math. The math is always right. Maybe they are getting into analytics.

There are so many amazing things about Burgers statement its hard to know what the best part is.

Underrated I think is how perfectly Oilers it is to start out by saying "Well other teams wanted him to!"

They do this whenever one of their moves blows up in their faces. Which is always.

Like what is the point of this? How do they know this? Is it because they follow Bob Mac or Darren Dregger on Twitter? (reminds me of the screenshot from Oil Change with Tambo doing his highly technical research at capgeek).

Or is it because the players agent told them this and SOP is to urinate themselves and unload the brinks truck?

Or maybe it's all part of Nicholsons brilliant strategy of asking other teams what they would do in his position and blindly following their advice.

Any way you look at it this organization is full of buffoons. I think we can all agree on that.

"Initiative comes to thems that wait"

Re: Post-Chiarelli Oilers Media Blasts [message #733835 is a reply to message #733815 ]
Fri, 22 March 2019 15:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Jay wrote on Fri, 22 March 2019 11:05

There are so many amazing things about Burgers statement its hard to know what the best part is.

Underrated I think is how perfectly Oilers it is to start out by saying "Well other teams wanted him to!"

They do this whenever one of their moves blows up in their faces. Which is always.

Like what is the point of this? How do they know this? Is it because they follow Bob Mac or Darren Dregger on Twitter? (reminds me of the screenshot from Oil Change with Tambo doing his highly technical research at capgeek).

Or is it because the players agent told them this and SOP is to urinate themselves and unload the brinks truck?

Or maybe it's all part of Nicholsons brilliant strategy of asking other teams what they would do in his position and blindly following their advice.

Any way you look at it this organization is full of buffoons. I think we can all agree on that.

Maybe the Oilers take the same approach to free agency that they do to GM Job Hunting - ask other teams who they think the Oilers should be targeting...

I do think there’s been times when management decisions have been made based on what the Useless Edmonton media has been saying they think the Oilers need...I think Larsson was part of that - they were asking the Lilers mgmt repeatedly about a high end right shot d-man so what else could the Oilers do?

Speaking of the media, interesting to see them all bending over backwards to forgive and forget this “one-off mistake” from Nicholson...

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Post-Chiarelli Oilers Media Blasts [message #733856 is a reply to message #733835 ]
Fri, 22 March 2019 18:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Fri, 22 March 2019 15:37

Jay wrote on Fri, 22 March 2019 11:05

Maybe the Oilers take the same approach to free agency that they do to GM Job Hunting - ask other teams who they think the Oilers should be targeting...

I do think there’s been times when management decisions have been made based on what the Useless Edmonton media has been saying they think the Oilers need...I think Larsson was part of that - they were asking the Lilers mgmt repeatedly about a high end right shot d-man so what else could the Oilers do?

Speaking of the media, interesting to see them all bending over backwards to forgive and forget this “one-off mistake” from Nicholson...

I think you have the tail wagging the dog here. The Oilers use the media to sell their vision to the Franks minded public. The media hasn’t had an original thought in as long as I’ve been paying attention.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Post-Chiarelli Oilers Media Blasts [message #733830 is a reply to message #733803 ]
Fri, 22 March 2019 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
overdue  is currently offline overdue

No Cups

Quote:

We will not be signing him.... okay I guess the new GM won't make that decision
Maybe the decision was made by the new GM who is non other than KG waiting in the wings for the big announcement? Wouldn't surprise me. The whole thing stinks and I think the man should just do the right thing and resign. As much as we all have been critical of Reider as fans this goes beyond what is acceptable. We don't need management's help when it comes to trashing players.

Re: Post-Chiarelli Oilers Media Blasts [message #733802 is a reply to message #733797 ]
Fri, 22 March 2019 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mightyreasoner  is currently offline mightyreasoner

No Cups

Goose wrote on Fri, 22 March 2019 08:00

Oscargasm wrote on Fri, 22 March 2019

You’re part of the problem Bob. In fact, you may be worse than the OBC after that comment. Truly astonishing that a man in such a power seat, and he isn’t new to ‘power’ either from his HC day’s.

The comment is bad, but it's pretty much par for the course for this organization. Adam has talked many times about coaches and GMs throwing players under the bus and wanting someone who will actually come in and defend the players in the media no matter what.

From MacT and "if you have to ask the question", to Eakins saying the players dont know how to play basic defence, this type of comment is part of a consistent pattern and one of the reasons the team has been junk since Katz got here, and something that Katz could put an end to with one memo.

This is probably the best part about Ken Hitchcock. When the players lay eggs against Vegas and St. Louis, he says it was on the staff to get them ready. Theres lots of blame for the players, but he deflected it.

You may not believe a word Hitch because he throws so much earned praise and very little shade towards players and opposition, but I do believe it is a better way to operate as a front office.

The fans and the media shouldn't blindly defend the poor play of players. And behind closed doors, management shouldn't either. But in front of the press and in front of fans, they absolutely should.

[Updated on: Fri, 22 March 2019 09:13]

Re: Post-Chiarelli Oilers Media Blasts [message #733820 is a reply to message #728856 ]
Fri, 22 March 2019 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

At least the spotlight is taken off of Bob, nationally, with Eugene Melynk calling Ian Mendes "bush league"... Seems like now's the perfect time to shine the bat signal to have Katz come down and fire the entire front office.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Post-Chiarelli Oilers Media Blasts [message #733823 is a reply to message #733820 ]
Fri, 22 March 2019 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

No Cups

TSNRyanRishaug - Rieder “you kind of can’t believe it. I feel like it’s disappointing and I’m offended by it. I’m the first one to admit I haven’t had a good year....”

Rieder “it went a little too far and Bob knows that... I thought the timing was a bit weird, we’re still fighting for the playoffs... I’m still going to do my best...”

Rieder on teammates “we talked before the game and they don’t think it was right either.. it’s good to know they have my back..”

Adds that he accepts Nicholson’s apology

Atleast we know why we have such a hard time with free agents. How classless our leadership is towards everyone else.

[Updated on: Fri, 22 March 2019 12:48]

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: Post-Chiarelli Oilers Media Blasts [message #733824 is a reply to message #733823 ]
Fri, 22 March 2019 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

nullterm wrote on Fri, 22 March 2019 12:42

TSNRyanRishaug - Rieder “you kind of can’t believe it. I feel like it’s disappointing and I’m offended by it. I’m the first one to admit I haven’t had a good year....”

Rieder “it went a little too far and Bob knows that... I thought the timing was a bit weird, we’re still fighting for the playoffs... I’m still going to do my best...”

Rieder on teammates “we talked before the game and they don’t think it was right either.. it’s good to know they have my back..”

Atleast we know why we have such a hard time with free agents. How classless our leadership is towards everyone else.

He's a dude destined for positive regression next season... arguably could have extended him cheaper than his current 2M. But. Nope. Thanks Bob.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Post-Chiarelli Oilers Media Blasts [message #733825 is a reply to message #733824 ]
Fri, 22 March 2019 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Fri, 22 March 2019 13:02

He's a dude destined for positive regression next season... arguably could have extended him cheaper than his current 2M. But. Nope. Thanks Bob.

Question 1 for every GM/POHO candidate interview:

1) Would you sign Tody Rieder again next season for any price?

If yes, Nicholson spits in their face and leaves.

Lone survivor of the 10-12 interviews is....*drumroll*....Keith Gretzky!

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: Post-Chiarelli Oilers Media Blasts [message #733827 is a reply to message #733825 ]
Fri, 22 March 2019 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Fri, 22 March 2019 13:05

Oscargasm wrote on Fri, 22 March 2019 13:02

Question 1 for every GM/POHO candidate interview:

1) Would you sign Tody Rieder again next season for any price?

If yes, Nicholson spits in their face and leaves.

Lone survivor of the 10-12 interviews is....*drumroll*....Keith Gretzky!

I mean, he IS the reason we're not in the a playoff position. That's probably a fair start to any interview.

boom

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Post-Chiarelli Oilers Media Blasts [message #739657 is a reply to message #728856 ]
Sun, 30 June 2019 19:18 Go to previous message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

1 Cup

https://twitter.com/nhlbymatty/status/1145494981659856896?s= 21

The replies are great. Somebody should start stockpiling all the pro-Holland articles now.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Pages (4): [ «  <  1  2  3  4]  
Previous Topic:Jujhar Khaira extension - 2 years 1.2M AAV
Next Topic:Yep, Talbot for Stolarz
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca