This day on March 28
None

Happy Birthday To: miker0x, GuyF, bigmike, graveyardshift, bluemiler, jrrd, Bobfromengland

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » McDavid Injury is a PCLPages (6): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  >  »]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #737973 is a reply to message #737971 ]
Fri, 24 May 2019 14:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

1 Cup

Adam wrote on Fri, 24 May 2019 14:20

CrudeRemarks wrote on Fri, 24 May 2019 12:21

RDOilerfan wrote on Fri, 24 May 2019 11:50

Personally I am OK if the Oilers are more focused on finding a GM, finding a coach, figuring out who is in the front office right now vs giving me an update on if McDavid still has a brace on when we are more than 4 months away from the start of camp.

I never doubted you there. I saw a poll on Twitter where 50% of respondents had given up their season tickets. I'm sure controlling the narrative has nothing to do with the lack of news. We just got 48 hours of "Oilers might sign a random Swedish 4th line winger" though. So people probably aren't interested in McDavid's status...

With the other thread yesterday, and so many people in Edmonton in a hurry to let management off the hook whenever possible, I do wonder - for what price would you follow Stauffer down the garden path and become a paid jock sniffer?

I bet there are tonnes of people in Edmonton who'd do it for pathetically little. You see so many of them on twitter all the time - "Kevin Lowe isn't even in hockey ops any more...why can't you people just let it go?" "You think you know more than a bunch of former GMs???"

For what it's worth, if I ran the team, I'd give extremely limited reports on anything to the media, so updates on an injury that we already said would be a while? It's not a priority. If I am updating, I would simply say "He's working to get better. Haven't heard anything negative on that front so we look forward to seeing him back in the Fall." And that's it. Anything more and people are going to spend too much time parsing your words to figure out what it means.

Sure. But this is the leakiest organization in sports. Exactly 0% of the population hasn't heard about Dave Tippett.

Like Crusader Pi my opinions are absolutely for sale. Make me an offer OEG.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Send a private message to this user  

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #737974 is a reply to message #737971 ]
Fri, 24 May 2019 14:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Personally I am OK if the Oilers are more focused on finding a GM, finding a coach, figuring out who is in the front office right now vs giving me an update on if McDavid still has a brace on when we are more than 4 months away from the start of camp.

I never doubted you there. I saw a poll on Twitter where 50% of respondents had given up their season tickets. I'm sure controlling the narrative has nothing to do with the lack of news. We just got 48 hours of "Oilers might sign a random Swedish 4th line winger" though. So people probably aren't interested in McDavid's status...

With the other thread yesterday, and so many people in Edmonton in a hurry to let management off the hook whenever possible, I do wonder - for what price would you follow Stauffer down the garden path and become a paid jock sniffer?

I bet there are tonnes of people in Edmonton who'd do it for pathetically little. You see so many of them on twitter all the time - "Kevin Lowe isn't even in hockey ops any more...why can't you people just let it go?" "You think you know more than a bunch of former GMs???"

For what it's worth, if I ran the team, I'd give extremely limited reports on anything to the media, so updates on an injury that we already said would be a while? It's not a priority. If I am updating, I would simply say "He's working to get better. Haven't heard anything negative on that front so we look forward to seeing him back in the Fall." And that's it. Anything more and people are going to spend too much time parsing your words to figure out what it means.

I'd go to the darkside and become a Oilers PR shill for very little. An extra 25 or 50 bucks a week goes a long way, especially if it's under the table.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #737975 is a reply to message #737974 ]
Fri, 24 May 2019 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Fri, 24 May 2019 14:40

I'd go to the darkside and become a Oilers PR shill for very little. An extra 25 or 50 bucks a week goes a long way, especially if it's under the table.

That's only $1300-2600 per year. You probably can't even buy season tickets for that! I'd have thought you'd at least have held out to get tickets to a few games too...preferably drinking wine in the box with Gretzky!

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #737976 is a reply to message #737975 ]
Fri, 24 May 2019 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Magnum  is currently offline Magnum

No Cups

Adam wrote on Fri, 24 May 2019 14:42

That's only $1300-2600 per year. You probably can't even buy season tickets for that! I'd have thought you'd at least have held out to get tickets to a few games too...preferably drinking wine in the box with Gretzky!

My guess is close to double his salary on a long-term contract, plus hangout perks.

2015/2016 - This Kool-Aid tastes like McDavid flavoured Drain-O.
2016/2017 - This Kool-Aid is starting to taste like juice.
2017/2018 - I'm drinking this Kool-Aid, in hopes that it's Drain-O.
2018/2019 - Another round of Drain-O, good sir!

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #737977 is a reply to message #737976 ]
Fri, 24 May 2019 14:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Magnum wrote on Fri, 24 May 2019 14:45

My guess is close to double his salary on a long-term contract, plus hangout perks.

Pi's salary or Gretzky's?

I'm pretty sure I'd turn for half of Gretzky's salary, hangout perks or not!

Anyone know what his job description is though?

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #737978 is a reply to message #737977 ]
Fri, 24 May 2019 14:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jds308  is currently offline jds308

No Cups

Adam wrote on Fri, 24 May 2019 13:47

Living Statue

I make music:
Undermaker442

308 Media Group

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #737979 is a reply to message #737977 ]
Fri, 24 May 2019 15:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Magnum  is currently offline Magnum

No Cups

Adam wrote on Fri, 24 May 2019 14:47

Job requirements:

Continuously feed delusions of self and others.

Get wasted, do TV interviews, tarnish your legacy.

Paint face red or be drunk enough to have a red face at all times.

Have picture on website.

Provide an emotional link to the past that will allow some fans to suspend their disbelief of how terrible things are.

Shield entrenched management from fans with your reputation, likability, and the emotional goodwill that they tie to you that they can't quite leave behind.

2015/2016 - This Kool-Aid tastes like McDavid flavoured Drain-O.
2016/2017 - This Kool-Aid is starting to taste like juice.
2017/2018 - I'm drinking this Kool-Aid, in hopes that it's Drain-O.
2018/2019 - Another round of Drain-O, good sir!

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #737980 is a reply to message #737975 ]
Fri, 24 May 2019 15:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Why would I want season seats for the Oilers? It's not good hockey.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #737981 is a reply to message #737980 ]
Fri, 24 May 2019 15:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Fri, 24 May 2019 15:38

Why would I want season seats for the Oilers? It's not good hockey.

I didn't say you had to get Oilers tickets! I'm assuming you're moving to California or Florida with this jock-sniffing money to live high on the hog. You don't actually have to watch the team to spit out what they want you to say online...

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #737990 is a reply to message #737974 ]
Fri, 24 May 2019 22:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

1 Cup

Why would they pay you or anyone else to do it when people like RDOF continue to do it for free?

On topic. I have always agreed that the team should be more tight lipped. That said, in this case, no news scares me.
I fear that he is behind schedule or actually has a major issue and the team is scared to say it. Especially given it is renewal time and today in a work meeting was told they are about 20% behind last years numbers at this point.

Survivor LX(I) and 67 Champ(i)on

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 12:21

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #737992 is a reply to message #737990 ]
Fri, 24 May 2019 22:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

PlusOne wrote on Fri, 24 May 2019 22:25

Why would they pay you or anyone else to do it when people like RDOF continue to do it for free?

On topic. I have always agreed that the team should be more tight lipped. That said, in this case, no news scares me.
I fear that he is behind schedule or actually has a major issue and the team is scared to say it. Especially given it is renewal time and today in a work meeting was told they are about 20% behind last years numbers at this point.

They should pay me because I’d do it believably.

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #738401 is a reply to message #737992 ]
Tue, 04 June 2019 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GabbyDugan  is currently offline GabbyDugan

No Cups

A no news report on Connor McDavid's injury.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/edmonton-oilers-capt ain-connor-mcdavid-mum-on-recovery-from-scary-knee-injury-1. 5161869

"Connor McDavid didn't want to answer questions about his knee. The brace hugging his left leg and an accompanying limp said enough.

Speaking at a promotional event Tuesday morning, the Edmonton Oilers captain declined to discuss his recovery from the injury he suffered after crashing into a goal post during his team's season finale against the Calgary Flames on April 6.

X-rays came back negative, but the results of a subsequent MRI found a small tear in the knee's PCL ligament."

Still a lot of recovery time before training camp starts.

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #738403 is a reply to message #738401 ]
Tue, 04 June 2019 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

2 Cups

It would be so Oilers if it got to August and THEN they decided surgery was needed

But, honestly, I wouldn't worry. If it is just a minor PCL issue, it should be good by September.

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #738404 is a reply to message #738403 ]
Tue, 04 June 2019 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

NetBOG wrote on Tue, 04 June 2019 12:14

It would be so Oilers if it got to August and THEN they decided surgery was needed

But, honestly, I wouldn't worry. If it is just a minor PCL issue, it should be good by September.

Totally agree. The Oilers have a history of assuming the best case scenario while they have time and then ordering surgeries once it's already too late.

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #738405 is a reply to message #738401 ]
Tue, 04 June 2019 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

GabbyDugan wrote on Tue, 04 June 2019 12:04

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/edmonton-oilers-capt ain-connor-mcdavid-mum-on-recovery-from-scary-knee-injury-1. 5161869

"Connor McDavid didn't want to answer questions about his knee. The brace hugging his left leg and an accompanying limp said enough.

Speaking at a promotional event Tuesday morning, the Edmonton Oilers captain declined to discuss his recovery from the injury he suffered after crashing into a goal post during his team's season finale against the Calgary Flames on April 6.

X-rays came back negative, but the results of a subsequent MRI found a small tear in the knee's PCL ligament."

Brace and limping in June?

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BlandThirstyAfricanelephant-max-1mb.gif

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #738406 is a reply to message #738405 ]
Tue, 04 June 2019 14:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

No Cups

Kr55 wrote on Tue, 04 June 2019 12:10

GabbyDugan wrote on Tue, 04 June 2019 12:04

Brace and limping in June?

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BlandThirstyAfricanelephant-max-1mb.gif

That knee brace is going to save me $200 in NHL Game Center next season. #silverlinings

drink

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #738412 is a reply to message #738401 ]
Tue, 04 June 2019 19:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Xombie  is currently offline Xombie

No Cups

Well I just did about 15 minutes of reading and researching posterior cruciate ligaments. Seems if there is a ligament to partially tear that is the best one.

When it comes to the most important knees in the hockey universe, no torn ligaments would have been ideal...

Bob Marley and the (Hartford) Wailers.

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #752178 is a reply to message #737960 ]
Wed, 22 January 2020 15:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Fri, 24 May 2019 09:09

Kr55 wrote on Fri, 24 May 2019 08:48

CrudeRemarks wrote on Fri, 24 May 2019 08:37

RDOilerfan wrote on Fri, 24 May 2019 08:32

CrudeRemarks wrote on Fri, 24 May 2019 08:18

How is there nothing in the news about McDavid's rehab? Edmonton media really do take the middle 3rd of the year off huh?

What exactly are you wanting to hear?

Progress report? McDavid is:
- Out of the brace?
- Skating?
- Walking?
- Getting another opinion?
- meeting with a physiotherapist?
- getting acupuncture?

I mean, he's just the franchise.

So greedy. Just be happy with the Sept 15th announcement that McDavid will likely not participate in training camp or pre-season but is hopeful for the opening game of the season.

That's probably it. Do a google search. There are no articles. It's like the Oilers told their media cronies not to write about it until the luxury boxes are renewed.

Oh how prescient this looks now...

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #738402 is a reply to message #735721 ]
Tue, 04 June 2019 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WhoreableGuy  is currently offline WhoreableGuy

No Cups

Damn probably looking more like he's not going to be ready for the start of the season.

I'm glad that P.O.S. Giordano got embarrassed in the Playoffs. I think the first BOA someone has to take care of business, it was a reckless play.

"Bah Gawd! Would somebody stop the damn draft!"

- Jim Ross calling the NHL Draft Lotto 2015 as the Oilers win

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #738407 is a reply to message #738402 ]
Tue, 04 June 2019 14:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

WhoreableGuy wrote on Tue, 04 June 2019 12:09

Damn probably looking more like he's not going to be ready for the start of the season.

I'm glad that P.O.S. Giordano got embarrassed in the Playoffs. I think the first BOA someone has to take care of business, it was a reckless play.

It's not that kind of league anymore. Nowadays with where concussion research is at and how society has evolved you just have to let people recklessly injure your star players without repercussions.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #738408 is a reply to message #735721 ]
Tue, 04 June 2019 15:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

I'll hate Giardano for all time.

That's the NHL Bettman wants.
If I were McD I'd never go to an NHL promotional function again.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #738409 is a reply to message #738408 ]
Tue, 04 June 2019 15:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Tue, 04 June 2019 14:27

I'll hate Giardano for all time.

That's the NHL Bettman wants.
If I were McD I'd never go to an NHL promotional function again.

PS Glass half full, if you have a knee brace on, you'll probably be limping because you don't have full articulating range due to the brace .. hopefully its on to restrict his knee flexion.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #738410 is a reply to message #738409 ]
Tue, 04 June 2019 16:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

Gregor said on his show today after being asked via text that based on conversations that he has had with his sources, everything with McDavid is progressing exactly as they had anticipated and he's on schedule.

Take it for what that's worth but I Gregor usually isn't the type of guy to report false news.

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #738411 is a reply to message #738410 ]
Tue, 04 June 2019 16:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Tue, 04 June 2019 16:30

Gregor said on his show today after being asked via text that based on conversations that he has had with his sources, everything with McDavid is progressing exactly as they had anticipated and he's on schedule.

Take it for what that's worth but I Gregor usually isn't the type of guy to report false news.

https://media.tenor.com/images/423cc8c2496b7bb97b4566f2de472404/tenor.gif

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #738413 is a reply to message #738411 ]
Tue, 04 June 2019 20:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Kr55 wrote on Tue, 04 June 2019 15:33

Fffffiiiiine... *sends Rogers/NHL $200*

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #738414 is a reply to message #738413 ]
Tue, 04 June 2019 22:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

nullterm wrote on Tue, 04 June 2019 20:37

I’d hold off until train camp physicals juuuuuuuust to be sure.

[Updated on: Tue, 04 June 2019 22:29]

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #738415 is a reply to message #738414 ]
Tue, 04 June 2019 22:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Tue, 04 June 2019 22:06

nullterm wrote on Tue, 04 June 2019 20:37

Is hold off until train camp physicals juuuuuuuust to be sure.

There will be a special price for Oilers fans. $200 before training camp physicals. $500 after training camp physicals.

The choice is clear.

Your social media presence will be used to determine the team you cheer for, don't try to lie.

[Updated on: Tue, 04 June 2019 22:14]

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #738764 is a reply to message #738415 ]
Fri, 14 June 2019 02:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GabbyDugan  is currently offline GabbyDugan

No Cups

Holland meets with McDavid and provides updates on his rehab progress:

https://www.nhl.com/oilers/news/blog-holland-provides-mcdavi d-update/c-307847998

"'He's doing good. I've seen him twice this week," Holland said. "Ten days ago, I drove to Toronto and spent two and a half or three hours with Connor having lunch and talking to him. Then this week on Monday, I was in Toronto for two days, Tuesday with the Competition Committee but I went up on Monday to spend time with Connor again and see where he works out. He's doing good. He's rehabbing."

Why would the Oilers call a scrum on a +27 C. June evening a hot stove event?

Anyways, very happy the McDavid's rehab is going well.

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #738770 is a reply to message #738411 ]
Fri, 14 June 2019 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Kr55 wrote on Tue, 04 June 2019 16:33

This is a great gif.

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #738775 is a reply to message #738770 ]
Fri, 14 June 2019 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Good to hear that everything is going well with McDavid so Oilers fans can take a step back from the ledge.

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #738781 is a reply to message #738775 ]
Fri, 14 June 2019 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

RDOilerfan wrote on Fri, 14 June 2019 08:54

Good to hear that everything is going well with McDavid so Oilers fans can take a step back from the ledge.

Let's be clear. The message was that he is rehabbing 10 weeks after the injury. As the team is admitting that season ticket sales are down, you'd think they would use stronger language if they thought they could.

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #738782 is a reply to message #738781 ]
Fri, 14 June 2019 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Fri, 14 June 2019 10:05

Let's be clear. The message was that he is rehabbing 10 weeks after the injury. As the team is admitting that season ticket sales are down, you'd think they would use stronger language if they thought they could.

He's healing and rehabbing as expected. He's going to start hard skating in August and is on schedule to be completely ready to go for camp. I get you are gloom and doom on the Oilers but what else could they have said?

Were you hoping for videos of him rehabbing, MRI images of his knee? I don't get what else they left out.

[Updated on: Fri, 14 June 2019 10:20]

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #738788 is a reply to message #738782 ]
Fri, 14 June 2019 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

RDOilerfan wrote on Fri, 14 June 2019 10:18

He's healing and rehabbing as expected. He's going to start hard skating in August and is on schedule to be completely ready to go for camp. I get you are gloom and doom on the Oilers but what else could they have said?

Were you hoping for videos of him rehabbing, MRI images of his knee? I don't get what else they left out.

My belief is they've been minimizing the severity since it happened in an effort to avoid cratering ticket sales. I certainly hope he's good to go for the season, but to your point, video would have gone a long way to convincing me he's just about better.

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #738792 is a reply to message #738788 ]
Fri, 14 June 2019 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Fri, 14 June 2019 11:26

My belief is they've been minimizing the severity since it happened in an effort to avoid cratering ticket sales. I certainly hope he's good to go for the season, but to your point, video would have gone a long way to convincing me he's just about better.

No disrespect intended but this is one of the more ridiculous things I have heard in here in awhile. McDavid is the entire team, the franchise. Without him they are nothing. You seriously think the Oilers would jeopardize McDavid and the complete future of the team to sell a couple extra freaking tickets this year?

Wow dude. wow.

[Updated on: Fri, 14 June 2019 11:50]

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #738796 is a reply to message #738792 ]
Fri, 14 June 2019 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

RDOilerfan wrote on Fri, 14 June 2019 11:44

No disrespect intended but this is one of the more ridiculous things I have heard in here in awhile. McDavid is the entire team, the franchise. Without him they are nothing. You seriously think the Oilers would jeopardize McDavid and the complete future of the team to sell a couple extra freaking tickets this year?

Wow dude. wow.

How is video jeopardizing anything? Prove your franchise player has almost overcome his injury like you are saying. That's the complete ask. Further, I have little doubt that OEG sees McDavid as an asset first and foremost. Not as a person or a player but as a vehicle to drive revenue, and if limiting information about his injury helps them I have zero question they'd do so. Don't forget, Daryl Katz is not a nice person. Neither is Kevin Lowe.

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #738798 is a reply to message #738796 ]
Fri, 14 June 2019 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Fri, 14 June 2019 11:57

Wow dude. wow.

How is video jeopardizing anything? Prove your franchise player has almost overcome his injury like you are saying. That's the complete ask. Further, I have little doubt that OEG sees McDavid as an asset first and foremost. Not as a person or a player but as a vehicle to drive revenue, and if limiting information about his injury helps them I have zero question they'd do so. Don't forget, Daryl Katz is not a nice person. Neither is Kevin Lowe.

So you want a TV crew following McDavid around to make you happy? I can't have a conversation with someone that is so irrational. Have a good one.

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #738799 is a reply to message #738798 ]
Fri, 14 June 2019 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

RDOilerfan wrote on Fri, 14 June 2019 11:59

Wow dude. wow.

So you want a TV crew following McDavid around to make you happy? I can't have a conversation with someone that is so irrational. Have a good one.

I'm not irrational. Irrational is thinking that people need to take the Oilers at their word after all they've put the fanbase through. A rational person would require proof. Let's go look at Holland's exact quotes:

“He’s doing great”, Holland began. “He’s rehabilitating”.

“He’s in great spirits”.

“I really enjoyed meeting him. It was the first time that I’d really got to spend more than just shaking his hand in the hallway as a visiting team. He’s doing great and looking forward to being on the ice at training camp”.

That is it. No specifics, no timeline other than being "on the ice at training camp".

Also this is the first and only update since the injury occurred. It doesn't fill me with confidence. And until i see otherwise, Ken Holland is just the latest public face of this corrupt management group so that fact that it comes from him doesn't change things.

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #738803 is a reply to message #738799 ]
Fri, 14 June 2019 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Fri, 14 June 2019 12:11

Wow dude. wow.

I'm not irrational. Irrational is thinking that people need to take the Oilers at their word after all they've put the fanbase through. A rational person would require proof. Let's go look at Holland's exact quotes:

“He’s in great spirits”.

“I really enjoyed meeting him. It was the first time that I’d really got to spend more than just shaking his hand in the hallway as a visiting team. He’s doing great and looking forward to being on the ice at training camp”.

That is it. No specifics, no timeline other than being "on the ice at training camp".

Also this is the first and only update since the injury occurred. It doesn't fill me with confidence. And until i see otherwise, Ken Holland is just the latest public face of this corrupt management group so that fact that it comes from him doesn't change things.

You are asking to me believe that McDavid blew out his knee and it's bad enough that he needs a procedure. So the team goes to McDavid and says "Connor, the fan base is pissed, they are threatening not to buy seasons tickets. So we aren't going to get that procedure you need and lie to them that everything is just fine because we don't want them to give another reason not to buy." Then Connor and his agent nod their heads yes and says "No problem Bob, we am fully on board with this."

Give me a freaking break.

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #738805 is a reply to message #738803 ]
Fri, 14 June 2019 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

RDOilerfan wrote on Fri, 14 June 2019 13:08

CrudeRemarks wrote on Fri, 14 June 2019 12:11

Wow dude. wow.

“He’s in great spirits”.

You are asking to me believe that McDavid blew out his knee and it's bad enough that he needs a procedure. So the team goes to McDavid and says "Connor, the fan base is pissed, they are threatening not to buy seasons tickets. So we aren't going to get that procedure you need and lie to them that everything is just fine because we don't want them to give another reason not to buy." Then Connor and his agent nod their heads yes and says "No problem Bob, we am fully on board with this."

Give me a freaking break.

Not what I'm saying at all. Shall we go back and look at the various Oiler releases and/or leaks about this injury:

McDavid, on the ice, immediately following the incident: "It's broken."

McDavid aafter the game said, “To be completely honest I thought my leg was in two pieces when I was sitting on the ice but thankfully the bone is OK.”

"He had a lot of people looking at him and so far, so good ... [The] MRI tells you everything," Oilers coach Ken Hitchcock said.

Then there was this clusterf#$&:

UPDATE: The #Oilers medical staff, in collaboration with top orthopedic specialists, have determined a rehabilitation protocol for Connor McDavid, which will begin immediately.

Followed by two months of radio silence, and then Ken Holland's vague answers. I know that you, as a superfan and Glass-3/4's-full optimist just want to trust the process, but the rest of us suspect everything the Oilers do, because everything the Oilers do is suspect.

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #738830 is a reply to message #738805 ]
Sat, 15 June 2019 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to previous message

No Cups

The Oilers medical staff have a long history of stupidity, but in this case Dr Google corroborates the rehab and no surgery plan. Not the same thing as a ACL/MCL which is bad bad bad.

I can see how radio silence can add to problem externally. But really there's not much to report until his rehab and healing is close to the end of the process closer to training camp. It's a slow steady recovery and we probably won't have any idea how it turns out til Sept.

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #738800 is a reply to message #738798 ]
Fri, 14 June 2019 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

1 Cup

Wow dude. wow.

Well, Crude, welcome to the RDOF blacklist. It's not that bad though. We have a lot of fun over here. People have a sense of humor and everything. No body calls you irrational or ridiculous for question the intentions of the Oilers propaganda.

Although, he did say "no disrespect intended" before calling you names so no harm done.
It is in the geneva convention after all.

Survivor LX(I) and 67 Champ(i)on

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 12:21

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Pages (6): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  >  »]  
Previous Topic:Benning to Bakersfield for Conditioning
Next Topic:Strome for Spooner Trade
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca