This day on April 19
None

Happy Birthday To: jari17, trehorse, 5mowill, Dragon_Matt, smyth2007

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » GDT: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #82)Pages (3): [ «  <  1  2  3  >  »]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #82) [message #735064 is a reply to message #735058 ]
Sat, 06 April 2019 21:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Xombie  is currently offline Xombie

No Cups

If that's a broken bone...6 weeks? Ligament would be worse. Conner lifted Gio's stick...and he had to dive and cut Conner off at the knees. You should be embarrassed Gio. Knorris d man? Nope. Second rate bud. You crippled the very game of hockey when you hurt the best player in the universe in a meaningless game. The hockey gods will not smile on this. Colorado with the upset. book it.

Bob Marley and the (Hartford) Wailers.

Send a private message to this user  

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #82) [message #735066 is a reply to message #735064 ]
Sat, 06 April 2019 21:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
overdue  is currently offline overdue

No Cups

Yeah I guess we hope for a broken bone and nothing worse. Giordano also took out Koivu's knee quite awhile back and put him out for the season. He's a serial Captain killer.

[Updated on: Sat, 06 April 2019 21:26]

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #82) [message #735069 is a reply to message #735064 ]
Sat, 06 April 2019 21:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

1 Cup

Xombie wrote on Sat, 06 April 2019 21:19

If that's a broken bone...6 weeks? Ligament would be worse. Conner lifted Gio's stick...and he had to dive and cut Conner off at the knees. You should be embarrassed Gio. Knorris d man? Nope. Second rate bud. You crippled the very game of hockey when you hurt the best player in the universe in a meaningless game. The hockey gods will not smile on this. Colorado with the upset. book it.

I dont disagree that it was a penalty but I dont think it was overly dirty. 99% percent of D are either going to dive to the puck or hook/trip McDavid at that point. If McDavid hadnt hadnt his hand at Gio's stick, Gio wouldnt have hit his legs the same way.
The downside to McDavids spreed and net driving style is that things like this will happen.

Survivor LX(I) and 67 Champ(i)on

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 12:21

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #82) [message #735073 is a reply to message #735069 ]
Sat, 06 April 2019 21:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

PlusOne wrote on Sat, 06 April 2019 20:27

I dont disagree that it was a penalty but I dont think it was overly dirty. 99% percent of D are either going to dive to the puck or hook/trip McDavid at that point. If McDavid hadnt hadnt his hand at Gio's stick, Gio wouldnt have hit his legs the same way.
The downside to McDavids spreed and net driving style is that things like this will happen.

So what is McDavid supposed to do? Not skate fast and not be a great player? Should the refs call the rules? Will this gain Conner some pull with the zebras finally?

Don't defend Gio man. Go to CP for that. I'm homer and proud of it.

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #82) [message #735087 is a reply to message #735073 ]
Sat, 06 April 2019 21:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Xombie wrote on Sat, 06 April 2019 21:34

So what is McDavid supposed to do? Not skate fast and not be a great player? Should the refs call the rules? Will this gain Conner some pull with the zebras finally?

I am not saying that McDavid should do anything different but an unfortunate side effect of going to the net that fast is there will be crashes sometimes.

In regards to Gio. As mentioned, it was a penalty but I dont think for a second it was overly dirty or some intent to injure.

I am a homer to some extent as well, all fans likely are. I do though pride myself on having some sense of balance and logic. The fact is that stopping McDavid is very tough when he hoes wide with speed. A lot of the time he is going to have players hail him down. He should draw penalites at a rate exponentially higher than he does but that doesnt change THIS play.
Gio made the play many would make, a penalty was called, McDavid was hurt. Those are the facts.
It's crappy but I dont think irrational hate and blame for Gio makes it any better.

and BTW. I did pop over to CP to see what was going on over there. I would say 95% of the posts were actually hoping McDavid was ok. That place is a crap hole most of the time but they were very polite as it turned out in this case.

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #82) [message #735094 is a reply to message #735087 ]
Sat, 06 April 2019 22:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

PlusOne wrote on Sat, 06 April 2019 20:56

Xombie wrote on Sat, 06 April 2019 21:34

I am not saying that McDavid should do anything different but an unfortunate side effect of going to the net that fast is there will be crashes sometimes.

In regards to Gio. As mentioned, it was a penalty but I dont think for a second it was overly dirty or some intent to injure.

I am a homer to some extent as well, all fans likely are. I do though pride myself on having some sense of balance and logic. The fact is that stopping McDavid is very tough when he hoes wide with speed. A lot of the time he is going to have players hail him down. He should draw penalites at a rate exponentially higher than he does but that doesnt change THIS play.
Gio made the play many would make, a penalty was called, McDavid was hurt. Those are the facts.
It's crappy but I dont think irrational hate and blame for Gio makes it any better.

and BTW. I did pop over to CP to see what was going on over there. I would say 95% of the posts were actually hoping McDavid was ok. That place is a crap hole most of the time but they were very polite as it turned out in this case.

Ya I don't know if any player in a meaningless game would lunge at the legs though. For example any Oiler D would admit defeat and hang the goalie out to dry and try to deal with it. So if we wont call him dirty, Gio is either a "competitor" or "reckless".

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #82) [message #735075 is a reply to message #735069 ]
Sat, 06 April 2019 21:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

PlusOne wrote on Sat, 06 April 2019 21:27

Hmmm, looking again, Gio is all in with the slide into McDavid's legs. His stick touches McDavid's hand while Gio is already going down for the slide. McDavid really had nothing to do with how Gio's body went.

https://twitter.com/oilerzmedia/status/1114728987433943040

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #82) [message #735078 is a reply to message #735075 ]
Sat, 06 April 2019 21:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Kr55 wrote on Sat, 06 April 2019 20:38

Hmmm, looking again, Gio is all in with the slide into McDavid's legs. His stick touches McDavid's hand while Gio is already going down for the slide. McDavid really had nothing to do with how Gio's body went.

Conner grabs and lifts up Gio's stick. There used to be a code. You didn't clip guys off at the knees. Not if you were a man with honor!

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #82) [message #735079 is a reply to message #735078 ]
Sat, 06 April 2019 21:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Xombie wrote on Sat, 06 April 2019 21:39

Conner grabs and lifts up Gio's stick. There used to be a code. You didn't clip guys off at the knees. Not if you were a man with honor!

Kinda grabs it...but not in any way that is not making Gio slide into his legs. Gio is already down to his knees for the slide across by the time the stick touches McDavid's hand. No matter what that stick did, his shoulder is lifting McDavid's leg up to take him out.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #82) [message #735081 is a reply to message #735079 ]
Sat, 06 April 2019 21:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Kr55 wrote on Sat, 06 April 2019 20:41

Kinda grabs it...but not in any way that is not making Gio slide into his legs. Gio is already down to his knees for the slide across by the time the stick touches McDavid's hand. No matter what that stick did, his shoulder is lifting McDavid's leg up to take him out.

So unanimous that Gio was beat and decided to clip him at the knees. Pointless game Gio. Did not have to do that.

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #82) [message #735082 is a reply to message #735081 ]
Sat, 06 April 2019 21:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Xombie wrote on Sat, 06 April 2019 21:47

So unanimous that Gio was beat and decided to clip him at the knees. Pointless game Gio. Did not have to do that.

I think Gio always does that. Guy is pretty consistently dirty. Destroyed a knee earlier this year. He's always making reckless plays. Bastard needs to start playing like he's old already. Tired of him :)

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #82) [message #735086 is a reply to message #735082 ]
Sat, 06 April 2019 21:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Kr55 wrote on Sat, 06 April 2019 20:48

Xombie wrote on Sat, 06 April 2019 21:47

I think Gio always does that. Guy is pretty consistently dirty. Destroyed a knee earlier this year. He's always making reckless plays. Bastard needs to start playing like he's old already. Tired of him :)

So tired of him. Some of this is on the refs and league. Made it known it was ok to mug Connor. Guy has generational speed advantage? That's ok you can hook, interfere, trip, and mug to make it even! We're all about parity in this league! Equality! puke

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #82) [message #735077 is a reply to message #735069 ]
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

6 months recovery puts us in to late October after a surgery. 19/20 isn’t done yet.

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #82) [message #735080 is a reply to message #735077 ]
Sat, 06 April 2019 21:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

inverno76 wrote on Sat, 06 April 2019 20:38

6 months recovery puts us in to late October after a surgery. 19/20 isn’t done yet.

Late October? Surgery? Plates and screws? Poor new gm. Guess no good start next year. Gonna be hard pressed to get 4 straight 100 points for Connor missing camp and all that. Will he lose some of his fearlessness? This is bad, didn't have to happen.

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #82) [message #735076 is a reply to message #735030 ]

No Cups

Randorf talking about how Canada loses out on having Conner for the world championships. Just sucks for hockey in general. I guess injuries happen whatever. I guess I'm cooling down/getting over it.

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #82) [message #735088 is a reply to message #735076 ]
Sat, 06 April 2019 21:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

I want to be “ oh pitiful me” and feel like our fan base is cursed, but I honestly just want that kid to have a speedy recovery. Hopefully it’s not serious.

Give him some Stortini blood.

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #82) [message #735085 is a reply to message #735030 ]
Sat, 06 April 2019 21:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

https://twitter.com/oilerzmedia/status/1114737922236751872

Now, there is a long shot that he's just talking about the Oilers management culture

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #82) [message #735089 is a reply to message #735085 ]
Sat, 06 April 2019 21:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Sat, 06 April 2019 21:54

Now, there is a long shot that he's just talking about the Oilers management culture

god

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #82) [message #735091 is a reply to message #735085 ]
Sat, 06 April 2019 22:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

The optimist in me thinks he didnt say "it's bad" or "it's broke".
If he did you would think they would have had the leg stabilizer on and took him off the ice. Even if he wanted to tough it out and get up they wouldnt let him. With injuries to legs there is often more long term damage done in the aftermath than the initial injury if you try to "walk it off" or even move it.

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #82) [message #735092 is a reply to message #735091 ]
Sat, 06 April 2019 22:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

PlusOne wrote on Sat, 06 April 2019 22:00

If he did you would think they would have had the leg stabilizer on and took him off the ice. Even if he wanted to tough it out and get up they wouldnt let him. With injuries to legs there is often more long term damage done in the aftermath than the initial injury if you try to "walk it off" or even move it.

Yup, how they made him walk off is shockingly stupid in retrospect. If he was saying he thinks his leg is broken and then they get him to skate/walk off...wth? This guy is basically your franchise. He looked like he was going to collapse going down the tunnel after he tried to step. This org just keeps 1-uping themselves.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #82) [message #735095 is a reply to message #735092 ]
Sat, 06 April 2019 22:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jay  is currently offline Jay

No Cups

Kr55 wrote on Sat, 06 April 2019 22:01

Yup, how they made him walk off is shockingly stupid in retrospect. If he was saying he thinks his leg is broken and then they get him to skate/walk off...wth? This guy is basically your franchise. He looked like he was going to collapse going down the tunnel after he tried to step. This org just keeps 1-uping themselves.

97 better be ready in 6 weeks max or he should get buried in the minors. Doesn't want it enough.

Oh and when he is back he should definitely fight Giordanno. That will show his teammates and management that he is committed.

I wonder if the GM will visit him in the hospital?...oh thats right they dont have a GM..

"Initiative comes to thems that wait"

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #82) [message #735096 is a reply to message #735095 ]
Sat, 06 April 2019 22:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Jay wrote on Sat, 06 April 2019 21:07

Kr55 wrote on Sat, 06 April 2019 22:01

97 better be ready in 6 weeks max or he should get buried in the minors. Doesn't want it enough.

Oh and when he is back he should definitely fight Giordanno. That will show his teammates and management that he is committed.

I wonder if the GM will visit him in the hospital?...oh thats right they dont have a GM..

Haha old time hockey! Poor Sheldon.

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #82) [message #735093 is a reply to message #735030 ]
Sat, 06 April 2019 22:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

ffs

Rob Tychkowski @Rob_Tychkowski
Witnesses in the area outside the Oilers dressing room say they could hear McDavid screaming in pain as he tried to put weight on his leg to get to the room

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #82) [message #735097 is a reply to message #735093 ]
Sat, 06 April 2019 22:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Well we can’t change what happened, but let’s look at where we are in this game.

3-1. This continues and Hitch puts Gambardella, Draisaitl and Reider on the ice during the final minute with an empty net and 29 has the option to shoot do you think he passes to one of those two?

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #82) [message #735098 is a reply to message #735097 ]
Sat, 06 April 2019 22:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

inverno76 wrote on Sat, 06 April 2019 22:16

Well we can’t change what happened, but let’s look at where we are in this game.

3-1. This continues and Hitch puts Gambardella, Draisaitl and Reider on the ice during the final minute with an empty net and 29 has the option to shoot do you think he passes to one of those two?

Flames are intentionally helping us make our draft position worse.

Rangers winning the lottery will be the next disappointment for us.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #82) [message #735100 is a reply to message #735098 ]
Sat, 06 April 2019 22:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Sat, 06 April 2019 22:18

1% difference. I’ll take the win. Otherwise paying bets out to every Flames I know.

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #82) [message #735101 is a reply to message #735100 ]
Sat, 06 April 2019 22:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

inverno76 wrote on Sat, 06 April 2019 22:21

Kr55 wrote on Sat, 06 April 2019 22:18

1% difference. I’ll take the win. Otherwise paying bets out to every Flames I know.

Well that's just plain selfish man!

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #82) [message #735099 is a reply to message #735030 ]
Sat, 06 April 2019 22:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

McDavid left the Saddledome for the hospital. Helped out in a wheelchair.

Wow, figured they would just make him keep walking. Nice of them to give him a wheelchair.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #82) [message #735102 is a reply to message #735099 ]
jds308  is currently offline jds308

No Cups

Kr55 wrote on Sat, 06 April 2019 21:20

Wow, figured they would just make him keep walking. Nice of them to give him a wheelchair.

At least he won't have to answer stupid questions from media after the game.

Hope it's nothing major, and a quick recovery.

I make music:
Undermaker442

308 Media Group

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #82) [message #735103 is a reply to message #735099 ]

1 Cup

Kr55 wrote on Sat, 06 April 2019 22:20

Again, trying to be optimistic, but if there something really bad like a bone sticking out you would think a stretcher would come into play, not a wheel chair.

Do NHL rinks have X-ray machines in them? All NFL teams do at this point but I dont think I have ever heard on an NHL player going back for an x-ray, in stadium

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #82) [message #735104 is a reply to message #735103 ]
Sat, 06 April 2019 22:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jds308  is currently offline jds308

No Cups

PlusOne wrote on Sat, 06 April 2019 21:22

Kr55 wrote on Sat, 06 April 2019 22:20

Again, trying to be optimistic, but if there something really bad like a bone sticking out you would think a stretcher would come into play, not a wheel chair.

Do NHL rinks have X-ray machines in them? All NFL teams do at this point but I dont think I have ever heard on an NHL player going back for an x-ray, in stadium

Well, certainly not at the Saddledome. I think they just got running water there last year.

I make music:
Undermaker442

308 Media Group

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #82) [message #735105 is a reply to message #735099 ]
Sat, 06 April 2019 22:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

And on the way out Giordano's wife clips Connor's chair with her BMW...if this was a SNL coach Dobs skit.

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #82) [message #735116 is a reply to message #735105 ]
Sat, 06 April 2019 22:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jay  is currently offline Jay

No Cups

Xombie wrote on Sat, 06 April 2019 22:24

And on the way out Giordano's wife clips Connor's chair with her BMW...if this was a SNL coach Dobs skit.

lol could totally see some poor member of the oilers training staff trying to get Connor out of the building all stealth like and accidentally dumping him down a flight of stairs or two.

"Initiative comes to thems that wait"

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #82) [message #735117 is a reply to message #735116 ]
Sat, 06 April 2019 22:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Jay wrote on Sat, 06 April 2019 22:37

Xombie wrote on Sat, 06 April 2019 22:24

lol could totally see some poor member of the oilers training staff trying to get Connor out of the building all stealth like and accidentally dumping him down a flight of stairs or two.

I could totally see this org doing that

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #82) [message #735108 is a reply to message #735030 ]
Sat, 06 April 2019 22:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WhoreableGuy  is currently offline WhoreableGuy

No Cups

I live in Calgary, I feel like going to every hospital with a big bouquet and find McDavid.

"Bah Gawd! Would somebody stop the damn draft!"

- Jim Ross calling the NHL Draft Lotto 2015 as the Oilers win

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #82) [message #735109 is a reply to message #735108 ]
Sat, 06 April 2019 22:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

WhoreableGuy wrote on Sat, 06 April 2019 21:30

I live in Calgary, I feel like going to every hospital with a big bouquet and find McDavid.

True fandom.

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #82) [message #735110 is a reply to message #735030 ]
Sat, 06 April 2019 22:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Well if history has taught us anything, the Oil will really want to trade for Giordano in a few years.

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #82) [message #735111 is a reply to message #735030 ]
Sat, 06 April 2019 22:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Drai's rocket richard just taken away by a high stick. Damn

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #82) [message #735119 is a reply to message #735111 ]
Sat, 06 April 2019 22:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Sat, 06 April 2019 22:34

Drai's rocket richard just taken away by a high stick. Damn

And then for some reason he is pulled off the ice for the next 30 seconds. Came back on to finish the game, but I don't understand why you pull him off unless he's completely gassed.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #82) [message #735112 is a reply to message #735030 ]
Sat, 06 April 2019 22:35 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

So, umm... we win this lottery now, right? Hockey Gods?

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #82) [message #735113 is a reply to message #735112 ]
Sat, 06 April 2019 22:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Sat, 06 April 2019 22:35

So, umm... we win this lottery now, right? Hockey Gods?

Rangers win #1, and 2 teams behind us win #2 and #3 to push us to the 9th pick.

That's how things are going now.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Pages (3): [ «  <  1  2  3  >  »]  
Previous Topic:Exit Interviews
Next Topic:Review: San Jose @ Edmonton (Game #81)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca