This day on April 20
None

Happy Birthday To: Nesticle, goffer48, The Goat, HezzyB, Oilbleeder, thesituation, Patorious

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: Edmonton @ Vegas (Game #79)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Review: Edmonton @ Vegas (Game #79) [message #734629]
Mon, 01 April 2019 22:30 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final

Score Prediction
Login To See Your Results
No one predicted this!

Edmonton to win: 0%
Vegas to win: 0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Vegas (Game #79) [message #734630 is a reply to message #734629 ]
Mon, 01 April 2019 22:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Well...it's going to be hard to take home any personal hardware when our guys are scoring just a goal a game...

And hard to score more than one goal a game when you're getting only 19 shots.

Three more games to go...

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Vegas (Game #79) [message #734631 is a reply to message #734630 ]
Mon, 01 April 2019 22:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
overdue  is currently offline overdue

No Cups

Looks like the Drai that was on fire for awhile there has Dried up.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Vegas (Game #79) [message #734632 is a reply to message #734631 ]
Mon, 01 April 2019 23:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

No Cups

Gene Principe
‏Verified account @GenePrincipe

"It wasn't good enough all year. We did our best to stay in the fight. It's been an insane season. Coach/GM change. My frustration level is really really high. I'm not happy about it. We have a lot of crap to figure out" @EdmontonOilers @cmcdavid97

Hopefully these words send some rather large waves through the organization.

Daniel Nugent-Bowman
‏Verified account @DNBsports

Connor McDavid on the Oilers officially being eliminated from playoff contention: “It was never really in question. It was not good enough all year.”

Daniel Nugent-Bowman
‏Verified account @DNBsports
40m40 minutes ago

Connor McDavid when asked by @Rob_Tychkowski about his frustration level: "It's really high. It's really, really high. It's frustrating. We want to play in the playoffs as a team. I personally want to play in the playoffs. I'm not happy about it. It's going to be a long summer."

[Updated on: Mon, 01 April 2019 23:58]

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Vegas (Game #79) [message #734633 is a reply to message #734632 ]
Tue, 02 April 2019 00:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Tick tock. Time is running out, Oilers.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Vegas (Game #79) [message #734634 is a reply to message #734633 ]
Tue, 02 April 2019 00:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ragnarok73  is currently offline Ragnarok73

2 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Tue, 02 April 2019 00:22

Tick tock. Time is running out, Oilers.

I think most of us realize that Katz just doesn't give a @%@#. He has to go.

"There's no greater springboard to development than failure." - Craig MacTavish, April 13/15.

5-14-6-1

"Sabres think the suck is their ally? They merely adopted the suck. The Oilers were born in it...molded by it."

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Vegas (Game #79) [message #734635 is a reply to message #734633 ]
Tue, 02 April 2019 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Slim Jim Phantom Call  is currently offline Slim Jim Phantom Call

No Cups

Yeah, Connor is gone.
Dont blame him, and i with him

In fairness to Hall, I've wanted to throw a waterbottle at Eakins all season.
~nullterm 03/22/2014

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Vegas (Game #79) [message #734637 is a reply to message #734629 ]
Tue, 02 April 2019 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

No Drai goals
Only 1 McPoint (Kucherov 3 assists last night)
Officially eliminated

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/MeagerCarefulAsianelephant-max-1mb.gif

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Vegas (Game #79) [message #734638 is a reply to message #734637 ]
Tue, 02 April 2019 06:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

Glad 97 spoke up in the media. It’s the only thing that may make a difference with this club.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Vegas (Game #79) [message #734641 is a reply to message #734638 ]
Tue, 02 April 2019 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

At least it's over officially now. Now they can concentrate on getting Leon his 50, Nuge his 30 and keeping Rieder from scoring. LOL.

The roster needs work, no denying that but in a year where they were somehow in the race this long, they pissed away too many games a long time ago. Lots of guys need to look in the mirror once the season is done and I don't just mean the players.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Vegas (Game #79) [message #734644 is a reply to message #734638 ]
Tue, 02 April 2019 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

inverno76 wrote on Tue, 02 April 2019 06:44

Glad 97 spoke up in the media. It’s the only thing that may make a difference with this club.

Now, we need Bobby Orr to get a back channel opened to Katz himself and tell him they need changes. Maybe hearing it from a different legendary hockey player will help with the message...

Although, I don't know if Katz was ever a Bruins fan...

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Vegas (Game #79) [message #734646 is a reply to message #734644 ]
Tue, 02 April 2019 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Tue, 02 April 2019 09:13

Now, we need Bobby Orr to get a back channel opened to Katz himself and tell him they need changes. Maybe hearing it from a different legendary hockey player will help with the message...

I firmly believe this is why the Oilers promoted MacTavish to Senior VP of Made Up Title.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Vegas (Game #79) [message #734648 is a reply to message #734646 ]
Tue, 02 April 2019 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jay  is currently offline Jay

No Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Tue, 02 April 2019 09:15

I firmly believe this is why the Oilers promoted MacTavish to Senior VP of Made Up Title.

Well we know for a fact that Kevin Lowe has the ultimate say on who gets to talk to who in this org.

Do you think Lowe is going to let anyone representing 97 have access to Katz??The one thing this organization does better than anyone is protect those at the top at the expense of everyone else. The way KLowe has weaseled his way into this position and held on is actually super impressive if you have the right perspective. How many cups did (bruins) #4 win anyway??

"Initiative comes to thems that wait"

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Vegas (Game #79) [message #734651 is a reply to message #734648 ]
Tue, 02 April 2019 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Jay wrote on Tue, 02 April 2019 09:24

CrusaderPi wrote on Tue, 02 April 2019 09:15

Well we know for a fact that Kevin Lowe has the ultimate say on who gets to talk to who in this org.

Do you think Lowe is going to let anyone representing 97 have access to Katz??The one thing this organization does better than anyone is protect those at the top at the expense of everyone else. The way KLowe has weaseled his way into this position and held on is actually super impressive if you have the right perspective. How many cups did (bruins) #4 win anyway??

I think Joe Agent might have a tough time...Bobby Orr might be able to crack the door a bit. Have a few red wines with Gretzky and Katz...

The problem is that these guys actually believe their own bullcrap now too...they believe that simply saying they're not in hockey operations should make everyone feel comfortable, and that if they add one or two semi-outsiders to that group, and still have a voice alongside everyone else then they can still be on the ice lifting the Cup alongside Connor and Leon in a couple years time...

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Vegas (Game #79) [message #734647 is a reply to message #734629 ]
Tue, 02 April 2019 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rocksteady  is currently offline Rocksteady

No Cups

When your superstar (of the entire league) is visibly upset and gnashing his teeth during the interview, people in the org need to snap to quickly.

"We have a lot of crap to figure out" Is the largest statement IMHO about the state of this team, management and otherwise.

Yet in back you have 4.5M reasons to rethink your management strategy. Horrible, horrible goalie.

It's not just "red light" Koskinen but out defensive game is no where near NHL level.

A lot to crap to figure out.. indeed boys, indeed.

The very definition of insanity is doing the exact same thing expecting different results.

Generally Disappointed.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Vegas (Game #79) [message #734662 is a reply to message #734647 ]
Tue, 02 April 2019 12:06 Go to previous message
overdue  is currently offline overdue

No Cups

Quote:

Horrible, horrible goalie.

Pretty hard to fault Koskinen when the team can only muster 1 goal and he stops 28 shots only allowing 2. He's had some bad games no doubt but he's also the main reason the team even had a chance of making the playoffs by the end of the season. No chance with Talbot playing the way he was. The defence gives up way too many grade A chances. I think he'll come back strong next season but they also need to focus on finding a quality back up.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Vegas (Game #79) [message #734661 is a reply to message #734629 ]
Tue, 02 April 2019 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

No Cups

Oh heavens. There's MORE games?!?!?

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Previous Topic:GDT: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #80)
Next Topic:GDT: Edmonton @ Vegas (Game #79)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca