This day on April 25
None

Happy Birthday To: Scott, kayla_foley

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #76)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #76) [message #734034]
Tue, 26 March 2019 03:00 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final
Score Prediction
Login To Make Your Prediction

Edmonton to win:   0%
Los Angeles to win:   0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

2018-19 Regular Season
Sunday, November 25, 2018Edmonton 2 @ Los Angeles 5Loss
Thursday, November 29, 2018Los Angeles 2 @ Edmonton 3Win
Saturday, January 5, 2019Edmonton 0 @ Los Angeles 4Loss
Tuesday, March 26, 2019Los Angeles 4 @ Edmonton 8Win
Home Record: 2-0-0       Road Record: 0-2-0       Overall Record: 2-2-0
Home / Road Goals For: 11/2 Total: 13
Home / Road Goals Against: 6/9 Total: 15

2017-18 Regular Season
Tuesday, January 2, 2018Los Angeles 5 @ Edmonton 0Loss
Wednesday, February 7, 2018Edmonton 2 @ Los Angeles 5Loss
Saturday, February 24, 2018Edmonton 4 @ Los Angeles 3Win
Saturday, March 24, 2018Los Angeles 2 @ Edmonton 3Win
Home Record: 1-1-0       Road Record: 1-1-0       Overall Record: 2-2-0
Home / Road Goals For: 3/6 Total: 9
Home / Road Goals Against: 7/8 Total: 15

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #76) [message #734038 is a reply to message #734034 ]
Tue, 26 March 2019 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

This again? Ummm... must win? We're going to Regina? This game matters more for the score prediction contest? Join Survivor XL?

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #76) [message #734040 is a reply to message #734038 ]
Tue, 26 March 2019 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Tue, 26 March 2019 08:46

This again? Ummm... must win? We're going to Regina? This game matters more for the score prediction contest? Join Survivor XL?

Must lose? We're 7 points out of a playoff spot with 7 games to go and four teams to leapfrog. The post-season is a complete fantasy at this point.

Meanwhile, there's four teams within three points of us behind us. If all of those teams were to pass us, it would give us the 5th best lottery odds. So maybe the draft lottery can be our new Stanley Cup. "I’ll say that there’s no other guy in hockey today that is still working in the game that has won more Draft Lotteries than me. So I think I know a little bit about winning, if there’s ever a concern.”

I'd still like to see a lot of McPoints, and some Draisaitl goals...

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #76) [message #734041 is a reply to message #734040 ]
Tue, 26 March 2019 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Tue, 26 March 2019 09:02

Must lose? We're 7 points out of a playoff spot with 7 games to go and four teams to leapfrog. The post-season is a complete fantasy at this point.

Meanwhile, there's four teams within three points of us behind us. If all of those teams were to pass us, it would give us the 5th best lottery odds. So maybe the draft lottery can be our new Stanley Cup. "I’ll say that there’s no other guy in hockey today that is still working in the game that has won more Draft Lotteries than me. So I think I know a little bit about winning, if there’s ever a concern.”

Yeah, I'm up for McPoints and #DryGoals, those are nice. I don't care about improving draft position, the Oilers have proven that doesn't matter.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #76) [message #734079 is a reply to message #734041 ]
Tue, 26 March 2019 15:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Tue, 26 March 2019 09:06

Yeah, I'm up for McPoints and #DryGoals, those are nice. I don't care about improving draft position, the Oilers have proven that doesn't matter.

But really good players are fun to watch until the team and the media and the fans in this town grind them down and they get traded away for pennies on the dollar...

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #76) [message #734084 is a reply to message #734079 ]
Tue, 26 March 2019 16:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Tue, 26 March 2019 15:45

CrusaderPi wrote on Tue, 26 March 2019 09:06

But really good players are fun to watch until the team and the media and the fans in this town grind them down and they get traded away for pennies on the dollar...

The team will grind them into nothing
The media will carry the water like the good PR firm they are
The fans will get in line and follow their marching orders.

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #76) [message #734051 is a reply to message #734040 ]
Tue, 26 March 2019 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Goose  is currently offline Goose

1 Cup

Adam wrote on Tue, 26 March 2019 08:02

My biggest fear at this point is that the Oilers finish with like 82 points and a -40 goal differential and think they weren't that far off because they were only 5-7 points out of a playoff spot.

Oilers Goal Differential
17/18: 234 GF / 263 GA (-29)
18/19: 232 GF / 274 GA (-42)
19/20 (82 game pace): 257 GF / 254 GA (+3) in 64 games
2021 (82 game pace):269 GF / 235 GA (+34) after 38 games

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #76) [message #734102 is a reply to message #734051 ]
Tue, 26 March 2019 18:22 Go to previous message
mightyreasoner  is currently offline mightyreasoner

No Cups

Goose wrote on Tue, 26 March 2019 10:28

Adam wrote on Tue, 26 March 2019 08:02

My biggest fear at this point is that the Oilers finish with like 82 points and a -40 goal differential and think they weren't that far off because they were only 5-7 points out of a playoff spot.

This is definitely happening. And Kassian is the solution for the a top-six RW and Cave is our 3C to start next year.

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #76) [message #734052 is a reply to message #734040 ]
Tue, 26 March 2019 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jay  is currently offline Jay

No Cups

"I’ll say that there’s no other guy in hockey today that is still working in the game that has won more Draft Lotteries than me. So I think I know a little bit about losing, if there’s ever a concern.”

This has a nice ring to it. Lowe should attend the draft lottery powerball sweepstakes and answer every question thrown at him with the same answer.

Hypothetically I mean...I know he is a highly qualified executive who is obviously employed for his business savvy and grade 8 education, and who is in no way shape or form involved in hockey in any capacity whatsoever (unless they win).

[Updated on: Tue, 26 March 2019 10:35]

"Initiative comes to thems that wait"

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #76) [message #734060 is a reply to message #734052 ]
Tue, 26 March 2019 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Jay wrote on Tue, 26 March 2019 10:33

"I’ll say that there’s no other guy in hockey today that is still working in the game that has won more Draft Lotteries than me. So I think I know a little bit about losing, if there’s ever a concern.”

This is really funny. It really summarizes the peaks and valleys of Mr. Lowe's career with the Oilers.

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #76) [message #734042 is a reply to message #734034 ]
Tue, 26 March 2019 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rocksteady  is currently offline Rocksteady

No Cups

Wha Wha...

Que será, será
Whatever will be, will be
The future's not ours to see
Que será, será
What will be, will be... missing the playoffs again......

The very definition of insanity is doing the exact same thing expecting different results.

Generally Disappointed.

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #76) [message #734044 is a reply to message #734042 ]
Tue, 26 March 2019 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Rocksteady wrote on Tue, 26 March 2019 09:11

Wha Wha...

Que será, será
Que será, será

Stubhub: 22.45 USD
Ticketmaster: 32.87 CAD

Too expensive.

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #76) [message #734054 is a reply to message #734044 ]
Tue, 26 March 2019 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jay  is currently offline Jay

No Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Tue, 26 March 2019 09:36

Rocksteady wrote on Tue, 26 March 2019 09:11

Wha Wha...

Que será, será
Que será, será

Stubhub: 22.45 USD
Ticketmaster: 32.87 CAD

Too expensive.

Wait - so someone will pay me 32 bucks to go downtown, pay 20 bucks to park a mile from the building, go inside, battle 15,000 people in the miniscule poorly designed concourse to get to my uncomfortable seat...then wait in a line for 20 minutes to use the bathroom and may another 50 bucks to eat a disgusting "burger" and some watered down beer...Oh and the Oilers would be playing hockey and people would sort of pretend like it actually matters what happens.

Nope. I think around 100.00 and it I might begin to consider it.

HUH? You mean someone wants me to pay that amount?? rofl

This franchise has become the opposite of everything that is good and fun about cheering for a sports team.

"Initiative comes to thems that wait"

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #76) [message #734043 is a reply to message #734034 ]
Tue, 26 March 2019 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55 is currently online Kr55

6 Cups

Can't believe it. >50% chance still if we go 7-0-0

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL/Western/Pacific/Edmonton2 .html

MUST WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #76) [message #734045 is a reply to message #734043 ]
Tue, 26 March 2019 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

They will win because that is what they do and they will want to continue the torture to the fans that is technically being still in it for another day or 2.

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #76) [message #734046 is a reply to message #734045 ]
Tue, 26 March 2019 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Tue, 26 March 2019 09:40

They will win because that is what they do and they will want to continue the torture to the fans that is technically being still in it for another day or 2.

If people want to believe in the impossible, that's fine by me. I can't save everyone. The rest of us have known the truth for a varying length of time.

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #76) [message #734048 is a reply to message #734046 ]
Tue, 26 March 2019 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Tue, 26 March 2019 09:44

RDOilerfan wrote on Tue, 26 March 2019 09:40

If people want to believe in the impossible, that's fine by me. I can't save everyone. The rest of us have known the truth for a varying length of time.

They have no chance of making it but I am fine if some guys in that dressing room believe in miracles. It would be nice if they finish strong.

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #76) [message #734085 is a reply to message #734048 ]
Tue, 26 March 2019 16:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Does Toby Rieder ever score this season, that is the question. I was hoping that since he was so offended by his boss that it would translate into a goal against Ottawa because he wanted to show up his boss. Responded to the insult by producing 1 shot in that game.

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #76) [message #734100 is a reply to message #734085 ]
Tue, 26 March 2019 18:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Xombie  is currently offline Xombie

No Cups

Isn't LA his ex team?

Bob Marley and the (Hartford) Wailers.

Previous Topic:Review: Ottawa @ Edmonton (Game #75)
Next Topic:GDT: Ottawa @ Edmonton (Game #75)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca