This day on April 20
None

Happy Birthday To: Nesticle, goffer48, The Goat, HezzyB, Oilbleeder, thesituation, Patorious

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Pregame: Edmonton @ Vegas (Game #72)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Pregame: Edmonton @ Vegas (Game #72) [message #733287]
Sun, 17 March 2019 03:00 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final
Score Prediction
Login To Make Your Prediction

Edmonton to win: 0%
Vegas to win: 0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

2018-19 Regular Season
Sunday, November 18, 2018Vegas 6 @ Edmonton 3Loss
Saturday, December 1, 2018Vegas 1 @ Edmonton 2Win
Sunday, March 17, 2019Edmonton 3 @ Vegas 6Loss
Monday, April 1, 2019Edmonton 1 @ Vegas 3Loss
Home Record: 1-1-0       Road Record: 0-2-0       Overall Record: 1-3-0
Home / Road Goals For: 5/4 Total: 9
Home / Road Goals Against: 7/9 Total: 16

2017-18 Regular Season
Tuesday, November 14, 2017Vegas 2 @ Edmonton 8Win
Saturday, January 13, 2018Edmonton 3 @ Vegas 2 (OT)Win
Thursday, February 15, 2018Edmonton 1 @ Vegas 4Loss
Thursday, April 5, 2018Vegas 3 @ Edmonton 4Win
Home Record: 2-0-0       Road Record: 1-1-0       Overall Record: 3-1-0
Home / Road Goals For: 12/4 Total: 16
Home / Road Goals Against: 5/6 Total: 11

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Vegas (Game #72) [message #733289 is a reply to message #733287 ]
Sun, 17 March 2019 07:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

I mean, they won last night, but gave Arizona a point. Bad team game from what I’ve read/saw. I only watched the first half period as I had hockey. Could get away with giving Vegas a point, but that one last night? Cmon.

Still need a win tonight......

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Vegas (Game #72) [message #733291 is a reply to message #733289 ]
Sun, 17 March 2019 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WhoreableGuy  is currently offline WhoreableGuy

No Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Sun, 17 March 2019 07:30

I mean, they won last night, but gave Arizona a point. Bad team game from what I’ve read/saw. I only watched the first half period as I had hockey. Could get away with giving Vegas a point, but that one last night? Cmon.

Yeah there’s no way they should play worse even though they are against a better team. Klefnutz, Khaira, Nurse and RNH were bad, Rieder needs a longer stick or something, puck is always in his feet. It’s game 72 and Rieder still doesn’t have it figured out?

Anyways, it will be a better team game but I predict it won’t be enough.

I say keep winning even if it means missing the playoffs by a few points, I feel it’s a better mindset for the core players that are here for the next few seasons than another top 10 pick.

"Bah Gawd! Would somebody stop the damn draft!"

- Jim Ross calling the NHL Draft Lotto 2015 as the Oilers win

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Vegas (Game #72) [message #733293 is a reply to message #733291 ]
Sun, 17 March 2019 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

WhoreableGuy wrote on Sun, 17 March 2019 09:08

Yeah there’s no way they should play worse even though they are against a better team. Klefnutz, Khaira, Nurse and RNH were bad, Rieder needs a longer stick or something, puck is always in his feet. It’s game 72 and Rieder still doesn’t have it figured out?

I say keep winning even if it means missing the playoffs by a few points, I feel it’s a better mindset for the core players that are here for the next few seasons than another top 10 pick.

Exactly, realistically there won’t be (can’t be) that big of a roster turnover this offseason, so get these guys exposed to winning. Maybe they go on a stretch and make it interesting. Never know. But winning isn’t bad.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Vegas (Game #72) [message #733294 is a reply to message #733291 ]
Sun, 17 March 2019 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

1 Cup

I think it’s pretty impressive that the Oilers drafted Brodziak and Rieder, let them go be productive somewhere else, and then brought them both back for the sucky end of their careers.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Vegas (Game #72) [message #733296 is a reply to message #733294 ]
Sun, 17 March 2019 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stemhovlichski  is currently offline stemhovlichski

No Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Sun, 17 March 2019 12:04

I think it’s pretty impressive that the Oilers drafted Brodziak and Rieder, let them go be productive somewhere else, and then brought them both back for the sucky end of their careers.

Where's the Toby Rieder poll when we need it????

Watched the Yotes feed last night and there were two really cool spots. 1) The hosts analyzed the Oilers' overall game and concluded "They just can't defend in their own zone"; and 2) Alice Cooper was the first intermission guest.

I drew two conclusions: 1) Yes, the rest of the league has identified the Oilers main weakness and exploited it resulting in another wasted season; and 2) Alice Cooper vs. Gene Principe - no contest as to who is better during the intermission. We are not worthy.

ORPP anyone?

Restored: "We're sucking hind banana here." - Pat Quinn, Jan 18, 2010

"...the Oilers have been rebuilding for so long that it’s hard not to be cynical." - NBC's Ryan Dadoun Jan 2, 2015

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Vegas (Game #72) [message #733301 is a reply to message #733296 ]
Sun, 17 March 2019 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
overdue  is currently offline overdue

No Cups

Quote:

the rest of the league has identified the Oilers main weakness and exploited
High glove on Koskinen is another weakness other teams are expoiting. Hopefully he can work to improve that.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Vegas (Game #72) [message #733302 is a reply to message #733301 ]
Sun, 17 March 2019 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

overdue wrote on Sun, 17 March 2019 13:15

Quote:

the rest of the league has identified the Oilers main weakness and exploited
High glove on Koskinen is another weakness other teams are expoiting. Hopefully he can work to improve that.

I checked with the other shooters in the league, they say he's a really nice guy and doing the right things.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Vegas (Game #72) [message #733297 is a reply to message #733294 ]
Sun, 17 March 2019 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Sun, 17 March 2019 12:04

The Oilers don't have the best culture in the business by accident. A culture takes time and consistency.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Vegas (Game #72) [message #733303 is a reply to message #733287 ]
Sun, 17 March 2019 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Another Edition of the Toby Reider Season of Futility Poll[ 13 vote(s) ]
1.Toby pots a deuce .. but unfortunately its not pucks in a net 0 / 0%
2.Toby score? ... why ruin the streak now! c'mon Toby.. zero for 82 you can DO IT bud!! 6 / 46%
3.Point shot.. shaft of Toby's stick.. cross bar.. back of goalie's head ... and drops in!!! .. and .. coach's challenge ... rewind video ...Lucic off side 30 seconds earlier by a toe ... Toby hangs head .. shouts expletive in German 1 / 8%
4.Vegas gets a penalty, Oilers pull Koskinen .. Toby passes back to Larsson .. Larsson heading to bench for a line change .. doesn't see pass... .. into Oilers net .. Goal Toby!.. 1 / 8%
5.Toby in alone SH .. break away Toby! ... he shoots! ... top shelf snipe/buzzer goes... end of 2nd period ! .. video review .. no goal by 0.01 seconds .... Toby smashes stick ... kicks boards .. sprains ankle.. IR 1 / 8%
6.Toby shoots..top shelf!..Toby jumps into the glass.. teammates mob him! ..throws imaginary monkey to the ice! ..3 min. later .. announcer: "..correction to Oilers goal ..goal by Lucic, assist Reider" ..slo-mo shows touches Lucic's stick 3 / 23%
7.OK ... THIS is my last stupid Toby poll .. 1 / 8%

As requested ..

[Updated on: Sun, 17 March 2019 14:51]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Vegas (Game #72) [message #733304 is a reply to message #733303 ]
Sun, 17 March 2019 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
overdue  is currently offline overdue

No Cups

Toby sucks!

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Vegas (Game #72) [message #733306 is a reply to message #733304 ]
Sun, 17 March 2019 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stemhovlichski  is currently offline stemhovlichski

No Cups

overdue wrote on Sun, 17 March 2019 13:55

Toby sucks!

Or maybe he is just having problems adjusting to the culture.

Restored: "We're sucking hind banana here." - Pat Quinn, Jan 18, 2010

"...the Oilers have been rebuilding for so long that it’s hard not to be cynical." - NBC's Ryan Dadoun Jan 2, 2015

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Vegas (Game #72) [message #733305 is a reply to message #733287 ]
Sun, 17 March 2019 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Vegas (Game #72) [message #733308 is a reply to message #733287 ]
Sun, 17 March 2019 14:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Fleury out for today's game .. injury .. Max Lagace in... hmmm ... so you say there's a chance? ..
https://www.hockeyfeed.com/videos/marc-andre-fleury-has-been -injured?ref=Brutus

Quote:

The Las Vegas Golden Knights have lost their starting netminder.

According to a report from Las Vegas Golden Knights beat reporter Jesse Granger of The Athletic, the Golden Knights have lost beloved veteran goaltender Marc Andre Fleury to injury. It is unclear at this time how Fleury was injured but the Golden Knights have revealed that this is a lower body injury and additionally they have listed Fleury as day to day as per Granger. Head coach Gerard Gallant has confirmed this information so there's no doubt about it's voracity.

As a result of the injury to Fleury the Golden Knights have been forced to scramble and they will be calling up goaltender Max Lagace to replace Fleury in the line up. Lagace has been playing for the Chicago Wolves of the American Hockey League but had been previously called up just a week ago when there was some expectation that Fleury's wife could give birth at any moment. Lagace has only appeared in one game for the Golden Knights this season and he did not fare particularly well, recording a 4/02 goals against average as well as a .871 save percentage.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Vegas (Game #72) [message #733309 is a reply to message #733308 ]
Sun, 17 March 2019 15:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Sun, 17 March 2019 14:37

Fleury out for today's game .. injury .. Max Lagace in... hmmm ... so you say there's a chance? ..
https://www.hockeyfeed.com/videos/marc-andre-fleury-has-been -injured?ref=Brutus

Quote:

According to a report from Las Vegas Golden Knights beat reporter Jesse Granger of The Athletic, the Golden Knights have lost beloved veteran goaltender Marc Andre Fleury to injury. It is unclear at this time how Fleury was injured but the Golden Knights have revealed that this is a lower body injury and additionally they have listed Fleury as day to day as per Granger. Head coach Gerard Gallant has confirmed this information so there's no doubt about it's voracity.

As a result of the injury to Fleury the Golden Knights have been forced to scramble and they will be calling up goaltender Max Lagace to replace Fleury in the line up. Lagace has been playing for the Chicago Wolves of the American Hockey League but had been previously called up just a week ago when there was some expectation that Fleury's wife could give birth at any moment. Lagace has only appeared in one game for the Golden Knights this season and he did not fare particularly well, recording a 4/02 goals against average as well as a .871 save percentage.

If history tells me anything, it’s that this kid will stand on his noggin’ against us tonight

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Vegas (Game #72) [message #733322 is a reply to message #733309 ]
Sun, 17 March 2019 18:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

1 Cup

Oscargasm wrote on Sun, 17 March 2019 15:01

Quote:

If history tells me anything, it’s that this kid will stand on his noggin’ against us tonight

Why does this article seem like it was ran through google translate from english to latin to greek back to English again?

I would assume that Malcom Subban would start?

Survivor LX(I) and 67 Champ(i)on

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 12:21

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Vegas (Game #72) [message #733326 is a reply to message #733322 ]
Sun, 17 March 2019 18:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

PlusOne wrote on Sun, 17 March 2019 18:51

Oscargasm wrote on Sun, 17 March 2019 15:01

Quote:

Why does this article seem like it was ran through google translate from english to latin to greek back to English again?

I would assume that Malcom Subban would start?

Ah. Yes. The Subbanator. NHL.com agrees with you;

https://www.nhl.com/news/edmonton-oilers-vegas-golden-knight s-game-preview/c-305874042

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Vegas (Game #72) [message #733317 is a reply to message #733308 ]
Sun, 17 March 2019 17:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Perkele  is currently offline Perkele

No Cups

Friend of mine who is a server in Las Vegas told me he waited on Fleury last night and that he was with his very pregnant wife. Said M.A.F told him he wouldn't be playing because his wife is due to go into labour any time now. Didn't mention anything about an injury. I know it isn't really exciting news but I have never had inside information before so I just wanted to share.

#teamBath(i)robe

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Vegas (Game #72) [message #733318 is a reply to message #733317 ]
Sun, 17 March 2019 17:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

bath(i)robe wrote on Sun, 17 March 2019 17:01

Friend of mine who is a server in Las Vegas told me he waited on Fleury last night and that he was with his very pregnant wife. Said M.A.F told him he wouldn't be playing because his wife is due to go into labour any time now. Didn't mention anything about an injury. I know it isn't really exciting news but I have never had inside information before so I just wanted to share.

Don’t downplay your post, Mrs. Fleury’s labour may have just saved the Oilers season!*

*Barring the usual back up goalie beating the Oilers.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Vegas (Game #72) [message #733313 is a reply to message #733287 ]
Sun, 17 March 2019 16:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Rieder will score once everyone stops calling him Toby! Just say TOBIAS.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Vegas (Game #72) [message #733315 is a reply to message #733313 ]
Sun, 17 March 2019 16:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

WhoreableGuy wrote on Sun, 17 March 2019 16:35

Not happening man. Tobyas ain't getting one this year. Going to be one of the special memories of this great season.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Vegas (Game #72) [message #733316 is a reply to message #733315 ]
Sun, 17 March 2019 16:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Kr55 wrote on Sun, 17 March 2019 16:57

WhoreableGuy wrote on Sun, 17 March 2019 16:35

Not happening man. Tobyas ain't getting one this year. Going to be one of the special memories of this great season.

icon_lol

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Vegas (Game #72) [message #733319 is a reply to message #733316 ]
Sun, 17 March 2019 18:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Magnum  is currently offline Magnum

No Cups

Tonight is basically a scheduled loss. So if they win, that makes up for NJ.

2015/2016 - This Kool-Aid tastes like McDavid flavoured Drain-O.
2016/2017 - This Kool-Aid is starting to taste like juice.
2017/2018 - I'm drinking this Kool-Aid, in hopes that it's Drain-O.
2018/2019 - Another round of Drain-O, good sir!

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Vegas (Game #72) [message #733321 is a reply to message #733319 ]
Sun, 17 March 2019 18:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Magnum wrote on Sun, 17 March 2019 18:43

Does it?

I like the positivity... but I dunno. Lol

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Vegas (Game #72) [message #733327 is a reply to message #733319 ]
Sun, 17 March 2019 19:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

This is true if the Oilers are at a zero sum game place in their existence. They’re not. They needed both wins.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Vegas (Game #72) [message #733328 is a reply to message #733319 ]
Sun, 17 March 2019 19:14 Go to previous message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

2 Cups

The travel from Phoenix to Vegas is light to say the least. No Hall on the team anymore to lead the party brigade. As long as they are taking things seriously, it they should not be effected much by the schedule.

Previous Topic:GDT: Edmonton @ Vegas (Game #72)
Next Topic:Review: Edmonton @ Arizona (Game #71)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca