This day on April 23
None

Happy Birthday To: Ramone, Giant Moo, mogal, booyaka!, Blue Thunder, BDR1

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Manning in, Caggiula and Garrison outPages (5): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: Manning in, Caggiula and Garrison out [message #733117 is a reply to message #733113 ]
Wed, 13 March 2019 22:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Wed, 13 March 2019 22:23

Kr55 wrote on Wed, 13 March 2019 22:19

Complete Hockey News @CompleteHkyNews
Edmonton Oilers defenceman Brandon Manning is being healthy scratched.... by the Bakersfield Condors.

The Oilers are now paying the guy who injured Connor McDavid $2.5 million to sit in the press box of AHL arenas.

This is peak Oilers.

It's perfect. Why wouldn't you want that guy?

Chia was trying to get him for a year straight. Apparently no one that knew this in the org felt the need to tell him he was trying to get an overpaid POS that can't do anything.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Manning in, Caggiula and Garrison out [message #733120 is a reply to message #733117 ]
Wed, 13 March 2019 22:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ragnarok73  is currently offline Ragnarok73

2 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Wed, 13 March 2019 22:24

Chia was trying to get him for a year straight. Apparently no one that knew this in the org felt the need to tell him he was trying to get an overpaid POS that can't do anything.

Ah ah, Manning can injure star players with dirty tactics. That must be what caught Chia’s eye.

"There's no greater springboard to development than failure." - Craig MacTavish, April 13/15.

5-14-6-1

"Sabres think the suck is their ally? They merely adopted the suck. The Oilers were born in it...molded by it."

Re: Manning in, Caggiula and Garrison out [message #733130 is a reply to message #733113 ]
Wed, 13 March 2019 22:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

Edmonton Oilers defenceman Brandon Manning is being healthy scratched.... by the Bakersfield Condors.

The Oilers are now paying the guy who injured Connor McDavid $2.5 million to sit in the press box of AHL arenas.

This is peak Oilers.

But we already have Keegan Lowe.

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: Manning in, Caggiula and Garrison out [message #733131 is a reply to message #733130 ]
Wed, 13 March 2019 22:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

g2k wrote on Wed, 13 March 2019 22:50

This is peak Oilers.

Keegan needed to be pushed? The organization needs competition at every level or something.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Manning in, Caggiula and Garrison out [message #733132 is a reply to message #733131 ]
Wed, 13 March 2019 22:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Wed, 13 March 2019 22:51

This is peak Oilers.

Keegan needed to be pushed? The organization needs competition at every level or something.

I wonder if Manning is only being demoted to ensure Keegan gets ice time. Manning should complain.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Manning in, Caggiula and Garrison out [message #733133 is a reply to message #733131 ]
Wed, 13 March 2019 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

This is peak Oilers.

What? Petrovic isn’t pushing him enough already?

Back off man..

Re: Manning in, Caggiula and Garrison out [message #733135 is a reply to message #733133 ]
Wed, 13 March 2019 23:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mightyreasoner  is currently offline mightyreasoner

No Cups

g2k wrote on Wed, 13 March 2019 22:57

This is peak Oilers.

What? Petrovic isn’t pushing him enough already?

Back off man..

Isn't Petrovic in Edmonton still? I am actually not 100% this is the case because he is completely MIA, but I thought he was still here.

Re: Manning in, Caggiula and Garrison out [message #733149 is a reply to message #733135 ]
Thu, 14 March 2019 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

Can we all agree to never speak of Manning again? What a freaking stupid trade.

Re: Manning in, Caggiula and Garrison out [message #733151 is a reply to message #733149 ]
Thu, 14 March 2019 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Thu, 14 March 2019 08:11

December 29 2019 was a really bad day for the organization, but will be lost in all the other poor decisions this organization has made. Lets just dump a 3rd round pick and take on a 2.25M unmovable contract in cap space for 2 years and have "dick all" to show for it a few weeks later.

I can't help but wonder if this and the Koskinen signing would have happened if Chiarelli was gas piped on December 28th. We are told by gramps that they were involved in Chia's decision of grossly over paying Koskinen, which compels me to believe they were supportive of the Manning/Petrovic acquisitions as well. I just don't get how that many people could collectively be so stupid. I don't get that. It makes me wonder if they were actually not completely aware of Chias intentions on the 29th. I keep going back and forth on that dark day in December.

Re: Manning in, Caggiula and Garrison out [message #733157 is a reply to message #733151 ]
Thu, 14 March 2019 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

g2k wrote on Thu, 14 March 2019 08:52

December 29 2019 was a really bad day for the organization, but will be lost in all the other poor decisions this organization has made. Lets just dump a 3rd round pick and take on a 2.25M unmovable contract in cap space for 2 years and have "dick all" to show for it a few weeks later.

I can't help but wonder if this and the Koskinen signing would have happened if Chiarelli was gas piped on December 28th. We are told by gramps that they were involved in Chia's decision of grossly over paying Koskinen, which compels me to believe they were supportive of the Manning/Petrovic acquisitions as well. I just don't get how that many people could collectively be so stupid. I don't get that. It makes me wonder if they were actually not completely aware of Chias intentions on the 29th. I keep going back and forth on that dark day in December.

On the power ranking of dark Oilers days in the last 22 years, this one doesn't crack the top 25.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Manning in, Caggiula and Garrison out [message #733158 is a reply to message #733151 ]
Thu, 14 March 2019 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

What did it for me with Manning is they had just traded for Petrovic. I understood to a degree the Petrovic trade. He was a right shot dman, he was a UFA, not making a lot of money. They needed a dman. They gave up Wideman who's not an NHLer in my books and a 3rd. Not cheap but not a huge price. Petrovic was a 3rd pairing guy. They didn't have the cap space to bring in anyone making more money nor did they realistically have the assets to get a higher end guy. So I got it. But why Manning? What was the point? They already had Gravel who's a cheaper, better, left shot 6-7 man on the roster. They had Stanton in Bakersfield who's a left shot, AHL/NHL tweener dman who can moonlight in your top 6 for a few games and you might survive. You have Keegan Lowe who's exactly the same as Stanton. Why did you need to get Manning? It made no sense. You know a trade is bad when even Oilers mouth piece Stauffer was critical of it immediate. Just beyond dumb.

The damage is done. You are stuck with him. I would expect he spends next season in the minors because you save 1 mill off his 2.25 salary. Still sucks big time but no one is trading for him and buying him, I think just prolongs it. I would look at loaning him to someone for next season if that is even possible just so he's not on the AHL roster taking up a spot for someone else.

[Updated on: Thu, 14 March 2019 09:15]

Re: Manning in, Caggiula and Garrison out [message #733176 is a reply to message #733158 ]
Thu, 14 March 2019 19:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Thu, 14 March 2019 09:11

Why did you need to get Manning? It made no sense.

Who knows? My only guess is Hitch said, “what this team is missing is a Derian Hatcher.” So then Peter said, “I will do my best Ken!”

And Manning was the best Pete could do, so he pulled the trigger. What the rest of the management group was doing that day. I still don’t know.

Re: Manning in, Caggiula and Garrison out [message #733214 is a reply to message #733176 ]
Fri, 15 March 2019 19:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

g2k wrote on Thu, 14 March 2019 19:55

Who knows? My only guess is Hitch said, “what this team is missing is a Derian Hatcher.” So then Peter said, “I will do my best Ken!”

And Manning was the best Pete could do, so he pulled the trigger. What the rest of the management group was doing that day. I still don’t know.

Did he not also get Petrovic that very same day?

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Manning in, Caggiula and Garrison out [message #733227 is a reply to message #733214 ]
Sat, 16 March 2019 08:53 Go to previous message

2 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Fri, 15 March 2019 19:14

g2k wrote on Thu, 14 March 2019 19:55

Did he not also get Petrovic that very same day?

Indeed. Hitch said, “Another thing this team needs is a Richard Matvichuk.”

So Pete replied, “I’ll do my best Ken.”

Pages (5): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5]  
Previous Topic:Review: New Jersey @ Edmonton (Game #70)
Next Topic:Pregame: New Jersey @ Edmonton (Game #70)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca