This day on March 28
None

Happy Birthday To: miker0x, GuyF, bigmike, graveyardshift, bluemiler, jrrd, Bobfromengland

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Oilers open to trading Puljujarvi Pages (3): [ «  <  1  2  3  >  »]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: Oilers open to trading Puljujarvi [message #730738 is a reply to message #730694 ]
Fri, 15 February 2019 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Magnum  is currently offline Magnum

No Cups

g2k wrote on Fri, 15 February 2019 11:15

Apparently a conversation with agent today. Is this a demand from the agent as he doesn’t want his client to be a grinder?

https://www.tsn.ca/rishaug-oilers-open-to-trading-puljujarvi -1.1258284

Sure a lot of interim GM stuff happening. Nothing is changing with this organization.

Never like Pool Party from draft day. He's just like Magnus. I hope I'm wrong and I hope other GMs disagree with me.

2015/2016 - This Kool-Aid tastes like McDavid flavoured Drain-O.
2016/2017 - This Kool-Aid is starting to taste like juice.
2017/2018 - I'm drinking this Kool-Aid, in hopes that it's Drain-O.
2018/2019 - Another round of Drain-O, good sir!

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Oilers open to trading Puljujarvi [message #730750 is a reply to message #730694 ]
Fri, 15 February 2019 16:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

1 Cup

Rinse and repeat is so accurate.

The reason our prospects are always devalued is because we jam them into the NHL line up. Just once I'd like to hear a name on draft day and then not see the guy except for maybe training camp for 2-3 years. Then even if a player isn't boiling over into a superstar they hopefully would have decent AHL production and no hatchet articles from the Spectors and Terry Jones on their resumes.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Oilers open to trading Puljujarvi [message #730771 is a reply to message #730694 ]
Fri, 15 February 2019 18:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

How much more value would Pulju have right now if we left him in the AHL when Hitch became GM and he was scoring PPG or better over 25+ games?

This org is so good at stuff.

In the end, what's the point of moving Pulju? Only 2 or 3 guys on this team look like they have a clue. Only 2 can create any offense with any consistency. 80% of this team looks lost. Getting some useless junk for Pulju is not a fix.

All this team should be doing right now is trying to fix the management group and turn it into something that has any shot to compete with the rest of the league.

[Updated on: Fri, 15 February 2019 22:05]

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: Oilers open to trading Puljujarvi [message #730937 is a reply to message #730771 ]
Sat, 16 February 2019 14:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Fri, 15 February 2019 17:36

How much more value would Pulju have right now if we left him in the AHL when Hitch became GM and he was scoring PPG or better over 25+ games?

This org is so good at stuff.

In the end, what's the point of moving Pulju? Only 2 or 3 guys on this team look like they have a clue. Only 2 can create any offense with any consistency. 80% of this team looks lost. Getting some useless junk for Pulju is not a fix.

All this team should be doing right now is trying to fix the management group and turn it into something that has any shot to compete with the rest of the league.

Exactly. Any trade they make for Pulju is a guaranteed lose. They have decades of past experience to prove this. You sell low, you get crap.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Oilers open to trading Puljujarvi [message #730824 is a reply to message #730694 ]
Fri, 15 February 2019 22:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Suomalainen  is currently offline Suomalainen

No Cups

No wonder players in junior razz those on their teams that get drafted by the Oilers.

Re: Oilers open to trading Puljujarvi [message #730855 is a reply to message #730824 ]
Sat, 16 February 2019 00:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

Suomalainen wrote on Fri, 15 February 2019 22:02

No wonder players in junior razz those on their teams that get drafted by the Oilers.

99% of junior players who razz players drafted by the Oilers end up working for less than 70k a year. Laugh away.

Re: Oilers open to trading Puljujarvi [message #730869 is a reply to message #730855 ]
Sat, 16 February 2019 02:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Xombie  is currently offline Xombie

No Cups

inverno76 wrote on Fri, 15 February 2019 23:09

99% of junior players who razz players drafted by the Oilers end up working for less than 70k a year. Laugh away.

Perspective!

Bob Marley and the (Hartford) Wailers.

Re: Oilers open to trading Puljujarvi [message #730877 is a reply to message #730855 ]
Sat, 16 February 2019 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

inverno76 wrote on Sat, 16 February 2019 00:09

I mean, doesn’t that go without saying?

That aside, I’m still capable enough to get the point.

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: Oilers open to trading Puljujarvi [message #730931 is a reply to message #730694 ]
Sat, 16 February 2019 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
overdue  is currently offline overdue

No Cups

You don't sell low on Puljujarvi. He's young enough that there's still time to undo the damage. There's no need to be in a hurry with him. Another media frenzy!

Re: Oilers open to trading Puljujarvi [message #730933 is a reply to message #730694 ]
Sat, 16 February 2019 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

What could be lost in this is perhaps the player is wanting a fresh start elsewhere. I wouldn’t discount this as being possible.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Oilers open to trading Puljujarvi [message #730935 is a reply to message #730933 ]
Sat, 16 February 2019 14:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Sat, 16 February 2019 14:09

What could be lost in this is perhaps the player is wanting a fresh start elsewhere. I wouldn’t discount this as being possible.

It can be easy to sell to a player that they can start fresh in your org. That would usually require a management revamp, which we are in a position to actually do. Just...how involved are all these OBC losers? If they have always been involved, I guess it makes it much harder to sell to a player that the team is taking a fresh new view of everything with a new management team.

Overall, it's just really lame to be singling out Pulju as someone that can't meet expectations. That's basically this entire team aside from a couple guys. There is no point moving out anyone with good potential in this situation. Get smarter people to run this team first, and let them make the calls. No one currently in this org can be trusted right now.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Oilers open to trading Puljujarvi [message #730938 is a reply to message #730935 ]
Sat, 16 February 2019 15:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Sat, 16 February 2019 15:46

It can be easy to sell to a player that they can start fresh in your org. That would usually require a management revamp, which we are in a position to actually do. Just...how involved are all these OBC losers? If they have always been involved, I guess it makes it much harder to sell to a player that the team is taking a fresh new view of everything with a new management team.

Overall, it's just really lame to be singling out Pulju as someone that can't meet expectations. That's basically this entire team aside from a couple guys. There is no point moving out anyone with good potential in this situation. Get smarter people to run this team first, and let them make the calls. No one currently in this org can be trusted right now.

I agree with what you’re saying. Your first point is where I will continue though where I’m not completely sold there will be a revamped management team with the Oilers. Sure, we may get a new GM, but there’s no guarantee he(she? Haha sorry) will be PoHO as well even though one would think he will as that seems to be the norm and also gives him power to bring in ‘his guys’, his own management team. However there is a world, an Oiler world, where Bob Nicholson remains PoHO, MacT remains SVPoHO, Howson remains... whatever he is and clearly the most untouchable Lowe remains in his supercalifragilisticexpialidocious role remaining 50 feet away from hockey ops at all times.

The only OBC guy Bob commented on when prompted was Lowe, stating he has nothing to do with hockey ops. Which I mean okay, sure maybe he doesn’t directly but you can’t tell me he didn’t and doesn’t have a seat at the table.

Craig and Scott are clearly involved. The degree of their involvement seems to be unknown exactly, but with all the clips during the Pens game, Howson was with BNicks and Gretzky during their discussions. Also during the post-Chia media attack much was made about Craig and his involvement in Bakersfield and European scouting so perhaps less on the ‘NHL level’ however he clearly still has a seat at the table. The OBC lives on and I don’t trust that the management team will be revamped outside of a new GM, even then it may just be Keith given the full time role.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Oilers open to trading Puljujarvi [message #730939 is a reply to message #730938 ]
Sat, 16 February 2019 15:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

1 Cup

Oscargasm wrote on Sat, 16 February 2019 15:06

I agree with what you’re saying. Your first point is where I will continue though where I’m not completely sold there will be a revamped management team with the Oilers. Sure, we may get a new GM, but there’s no guarantee he(she? Haha sorry) will be PoHO as well even though one would think he will as that seems to be the norm and also gives him power to bring in ‘his guys’, his own management team. However there is a world, an Oiler world, where Bob Nicholson remains PoHO, MacT remains SVPoHO, Howson remains... whatever he is and clearly the most untouchable Lowe remains in his supercalifragilisticexpialidocious role remaining 50 feet away from hockey ops at all times.

The only OBC guy Bob commented on when prompted was Lowe, stating he has nothing to do with hockey ops. Which I mean okay, sure maybe he doesn’t directly but you can’t tell me he didn’t and doesn’t have a seat at the table.

Craig and Scott are clearly involved. The degree of their involvement seems to be unknown exactly, but with all the clips during the Pens game, Howson was with BNicks and Gretzky during their discussions. Also during the post-Chia media attack much was made about Craig and his involvement in Bakersfield and European scouting so perhaps less on the ‘NHL level’ however he clearly still has a seat at the table. The OBC lives on and I don’t trust that the management team will be revamped outside of a new GM, even then it may just be Keith given the full time role.

You are forgetting that Paul Coffey is here now.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Oilers open to trading Puljujarvi [message #730940 is a reply to message #730939 ]
Sat, 16 February 2019 15:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Sat, 16 February 2019 16:21

Oscargasm wrote on Sat, 16 February 2019 15:06

You are forgetting that Paul Coffey is here now.

Oh geez, that’s right. I did forget that.

There will be no organizational culture change until all the OBC clowns pack into one little car and drive off into the sunset.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Oilers open to trading Puljujarvi [message #731079 is a reply to message #730694 ]
Mon, 18 February 2019 16:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Oilers twitter saying Jesse has been placed on Injured Reserve!!!??? Hahaha what? From 4th line role, to healthy scratch to IR. No reports anywhere that he had been dealing with any kind of injury.

Wild.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Oilers open to trading Puljujarvi [message #731081 is a reply to message #731079 ]
Mon, 18 February 2019 16:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Mon, 18 February 2019 16:32

Oilers twitter saying Jesse has been placed on Injured Reserve!!!??? Hahaha what? From 4th line role, to healthy scratch to IR. No reports anywhere that he had been dealing with any kind of injury.

Wild.

I assume they have diagnosed a serious character deficiency.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Oilers open to trading Puljujarvi [message #731096 is a reply to message #731081 ]
Mon, 18 February 2019 22:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stemhovlichski  is currently offline stemhovlichski

No Cups

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 18 February 2019 16:38

Wild.

More likely a bruised ego.

But seriously, this looks like a must trade situation. His value is dropping rapidly, the rest of the league knows there are issues here, he's been completely mishandled and his agent wants him on the ice or on another team. I can't figure out how the Oilers can manage this asset successfully at this point. Trading a first rounder 20 year old for a third rounder or third liner would just be more crap in the frying pan for the OBC.

Restored: "We're sucking hind banana here." - Pat Quinn, Jan 18, 2010

"...the Oilers have been rebuilding for so long that it’s hard not to be cynical." - NBC's Ryan Dadoun Jan 2, 2015

Re: Oilers open to trading Puljujarvi [message #731098 is a reply to message #731096 ]
Tue, 19 February 2019 00:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

stemhovlichski wrote on Mon, 18 February 2019 22:46

Wild.

But seriously, this looks like a must trade situation. His value is dropping rapidly, the rest of the league knows there are issues here, he's been completely mishandled and his agent wants him on the ice or on another team. I can't figure out how the Oilers can manage this asset successfully at this point. Trading a first rounder 20 year old for a third rounder or third liner would just be more crap in the frying pan for the OBC.

Nope.

This is the exact worst time to move him. It looks desperate, and you have a GM with training wheels on. The agent has just made a powerplay and the whole league knows that the player would like a new start...and that the team is a laughingstock known for giving away assets for nothing.

The normal Oilers course of action here is to start questioning the player's desire and work ethic publicly through their friendly media guys - no official quotes of course, but lots of shade cast...just so that they soften up the fanbase for the impending deal. It does tend to also soften the trade market, but you have to try to keep them mad at someone else, so a little character assassination is par for the course.

What they SHOULD be doing, of course, is praising the player - saying that the team is committed to him, that they think he's moved in the right direction despite any signs to the contrary this year and that they expect him to be a big part of the answer here - if fact, they're counting on it.

Maybe you trade him in a year, but at this point, with what's happened the last month you're not getting full value, so rehabilitate the player. Then if he rebounds the team can either trade him for something good, or actually have a usable piece. If he flops? Well, the Oilers won't get a lot less for him in a year than they'd get for him now...

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Oilers open to trading Puljujarvi [message #731104 is a reply to message #731098 ]
Tue, 19 February 2019 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Adam wrote on Tue, 19 February 2019 01:22

Wild.

Nope.

This is the exact worst time to move him. It looks desperate, and you have a GM with training wheels on. The agent has just made a powerplay and the whole league knows that the player would like a new start...and that the team is a laughingstock known for giving away assets for nothing.

The normal Oilers course of action here is to start questioning the player's desire and work ethic publicly through their friendly media guys - no official quotes of course, but lots of shade cast...just so that they soften up the fanbase for the impending deal. It does tend to also soften the trade market, but you have to try to keep them mad at someone else, so a little character assassination is par for the course.

What they SHOULD be doing, of course, is praising the player - saying that the team is committed to him, that they think he's moved in the right direction despite any signs to the contrary this year and that they expect him to be a big part of the answer here - if fact, they're counting on it.

Maybe you trade him in a year, but at this point, with what's happened the last month you're not getting full value, so rehabilitate the player. Then if he rebounds the team can either trade him for something good, or actually have a usable piece. If he flops? Well, the Oilers won't get a lot less for him in a year than they'd get for him now...

Basically you need Hitch’s original message of needing Jesse with the club if they are going to have success. Problem is, Hitch doesn’t state this anymore and he’s reportedly been muzzled by management.

Another problem is that when given the opportunity to play with Nuge, Jesse makes one mistake in either zone and he’s auto stapled to Brodziak or Cave’s wing for the remainder of the game and at least the next 2 games. .

They don’t use the skill set of the player. They rarely ever have. Over the last couple days there’s been lots of chatter about trying Gagner on PP1 because they sorely lack a right shot. While I agree on needing a right shot on that unit, why has Jesse not been given a crack at it?

IMO they see him as a big body and seem to want to make him into a checking winger. While I get that they’ve wanted to teach him how to play a full game, they’ve taken away from the player using his strengths.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Oilers open to trading Puljujarvi [message #731108 is a reply to message #731104 ]
Tue, 19 February 2019 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

This really feels like Yak2 now. Hope they don't blow it this time and just ride these low times out with him. He's only 20 for goodness sake! The media hype is what stirs this kind of thing up and blows it up bigger than it needs to be.

Re: Oilers open to trading Puljujarvi [message #731146 is a reply to message #731098 ]
Tue, 19 February 2019 13:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Tue, 19 February 2019 00:22

Wild.

Nope.

We are pretty in control here. It's not like Pulju is setting the world on fire lately. He's RFA with barely any bargaining power to demand a big raise. I highly doubt any offer sheet comes his way.

By all accounts, it sounds like the Oilers are doing what they should. Listen to offers, sure, but nothing short of getting a max 22-23 year old young solid player will be acceptable. And rishaug said this morning the plan is to get him to the AHL after his injury is fixed this week.

Lots of players get frustrated and unhappy with their situation. Time for this org to make it seem like they finally have a clue of what they're doing and convince the players they are part of something that will get better. Still need to make some proper hiring/firing moves though to fully convince anyone.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Oilers open to trading Puljujarvi [message #731400 is a reply to message #730694 ]
Thu, 21 February 2019 15:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

So what IS going on with JP?

On Oilers Now, Stauffer played a clip of Hitch saying he is unsure and that it’s a question for management but he knows he’s on IR.

Seems odd...

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Oilers open to trading Puljujarvi [message #731545 is a reply to message #730694 ]
Fri, 22 February 2019 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

This is all getting weird...

Ryan Rishaug @TSNRyanRishaug
K. Gretzky says Puljujarvi camp will get a 2nd opinion on the injury Tuesday south of the border. No decisions made until after that.

Jim Matheson @NHLbyMatty
Puljujarvi sounds like he needs surgery and is going to one of the NHL's specialists for another opinion. It is lower-body we believe. Knee? Maybe

Kid might be done for the year.

Mark Spector @SportsnetSpec
K.Gretzky says Puljujarvi and agent Markus Lehto seeking 2nd opinion on lower body injury.
Lehto confirms, and that, if surgery is required, it will "more than likely" mark end of Puljujarvi's season.

[Updated on: Fri, 22 February 2019 12:36]

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Oilers open to trading Puljujarvi [message #731548 is a reply to message #730694 ]
Fri, 22 February 2019 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Rishaug giving the possible reason for this:

Ryan Rishaug @TSNRyanRishaug
Puljujarvi has to stay on IR until after his 2nd opinion which means team will miss deadline to send to AHL. He won’t be part of the playoff run down there even when healthy.

Agent might be screwing the team over to avoid Pulju being sent to the AHL. Brutal. If that's happening, and Pulju is helping to fake an injury to get this 2nd opinion to get past the deadline...I guess he's done here.

[Updated on: Fri, 22 February 2019 12:50]

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Oilers open to trading Puljujarvi [message #731549 is a reply to message #731548 ]
Fri, 22 February 2019 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Slim Jim Phantom Call  is currently offline Slim Jim Phantom Call

No Cups

This thing has just gone full Oiler.
What a mess this franchise is.

In fairness to Hall, I've wanted to throw a waterbottle at Eakins all season.
~nullterm 03/22/2014

Re: Oilers open to trading Puljujarvi [message #731552 is a reply to message #730694 ]
Fri, 22 February 2019 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

I mean MAYBE he’s actually injured? MAYBE it’s legit?!

But what’s weird is nothing happened in game that made us go, oooh snap. No report came out post game about a tweak or ailing. Nothing came out from morning skates. Much was made about Khaira’s injury and that he’d be placed on IR. Then, at the same time of the announcement were informed JP is on IR too, with no explanation.

In the days following Hitch can’t comment on the injury, says that it’s a question for management and all he knows is JP is on IR.

Now it comes out the agent wants a second opinion, effectively killing any JP to Bakersfield move and rumours of the injury being season ending with possible surgery.

AND in between all this, there were (false) reports of his locker being emptied with JP himself carrying out his equipment.

This is a mess.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Oilers open to trading Puljujarvi [message #731553 is a reply to message #731552 ]
Fri, 22 February 2019 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Fri, 22 February 2019 13:00

I mean MAYBE he’s actually injured? MAYBE it’s legit?!

But what’s weird is nothing happened in game that made us go, oooh snap. No report came out post game about a tweak or ailing. Nothing came out from morning skates. Much was made about Khaira’s injury and that he’d be placed on IR. Then, at the same time of the announcement were informed JP is on IR too, with no explanation.

In the days following Hitch can’t comment on the injury, says that it’s a question for management and all he knows is JP is on IR.

Now it comes out the agent wants a second opinion, effectively killing any JP to Bakersfield move and rumours of the injury being season ending with possible surgery.

AND in between all this, there were (false) reports of his locker being emptied with JP himself carrying out his equipment.

This is a mess.

Looks like the 2nd opinion meeting is scheduled the day after the cutoff to be able to send him to the AHL. So, that's it, no more AHL for Pulju, no matter how things work out.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Oilers open to trading Puljujarvi [message #731555 is a reply to message #731552 ]
Fri, 22 February 2019 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smyth260  is currently offline smyth260

No Cups

There is something going on and it's not good. Obviously the player-team relationship is strained.

Best case scenario - hire complete new coaches, management in the summer. Repair relationship, do what's best for his development and go from there.

Worst case scenario - Hire Keith Gretzky full time or some other guy of the same kind, trade for 4th round pick.

Clean house or bust

Re: Oilers open to trading Puljujarvi [message #731558 is a reply to message #730694 ]
Fri, 22 February 2019 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Dustin Nielsen puts il the list together on twitter;

1. Oilers say they would be willing to trade him.
2. Agent says maybe it’s time for a change.
3. Takes warm up skate, “healthy scratched”
4. Randomly appears on IR
5. Coach says he didn’t know what the injury was and management will need to address it
6. Agent says he wants a second opinion on Oilers doctors diagnosis of players injury.
7. Second opinion won’t come until after deadline to send him to AHL for the post-season

On the outside, definite relationship breakdown. I don’t see this ending well.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Oilers open to trading Puljujarvi [message #731565 is a reply to message #731558 ]
Fri, 22 February 2019 13:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

1 Cup

What a gong show. Everyone remember how thrilled we were to have him fall to us? Dubois or Tkachuk would look pretty good right about now. But then again they probably would have screwed those guys up too.

So we had a STUD RW coming in, filling a huge need area. Can't miss prospect. And he seems to pretty much be on his way out the door. So much winning...

Re: Oilers open to trading Puljujarvi [message #731568 is a reply to message #731565 ]
Fri, 22 February 2019 13:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Mike wrote on Fri, 22 February 2019 13:36

What a gong show. Everyone remember how thrilled we were to have him fall to us? Dubois or Tkachuk would look pretty good right about now. But then again they probably would have screwed those guys up too.

So we had a STUD RW coming in, filling a huge need area. Can't miss prospect. And he seems to pretty much be on his way out the door. So much winning...

I hope this really is an injury being taken seriously, and the Oilers suggests surgery and they are just getting a 2nd opinion, and it's not some scheme by his agent to keep him from the AHL.

I still want to see this kid find his way on the Oilers.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Oilers open to trading Puljujarvi [message #731569 is a reply to message #731568 ]
Fri, 22 February 2019 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mightyreasoner  is currently offline mightyreasoner

No Cups

Kr55 wrote on Fri, 22 February 2019 13:54

I hope this really is an injury being taken seriously, and the Oilers suggests surgery and they are just getting a 2nd opinion, and it's not some scheme by his agent to keep him from the AHL.

I think it is very likely we will never see Puljujarvi play another game in the Oilers organization.

Re: Oilers open to trading Puljujarvi [message #731570 is a reply to message #731569 ]
Fri, 22 February 2019 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Slim Jim Phantom Call  is currently offline Slim Jim Phantom Call

No Cups

mightyreasoner wrote on Fri, 22 February 2019 13:56

Kr55 wrote on Fri, 22 February 2019 13:54

I think it is very likely we will never see Puljujarvi play another game in the Oilers organization.

Yeah, i think that ship has officially left port.

In fairness to Hall, I've wanted to throw a waterbottle at Eakins all season.
~nullterm 03/22/2014

Re: Oilers open to trading Puljujarvi [message #731575 is a reply to message #731568 ]
Fri, 22 February 2019 14:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Fri, 22 February 2019 14:54

He had some success with RNH this year and would love to see on the flank with RNH + Draisaitl.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Oilers open to trading Puljujarvi [message #731591 is a reply to message #731575 ]
Fri, 22 February 2019 17:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stemhovlichski  is currently offline stemhovlichski

No Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Fri, 22 February 2019 14:47

He had some success with RNH this year and would love to see on the flank with RNH + Draisaitl.

Exactly. He played with Aho and Laine as a junior and was fantastic. He comes to Edmonton and gets minimum TOI, no PP time, and mostly 4-line linemates.....and doesn't perform to high expectations! Smells like the old MacT quote of having to earn your place in the roster- even if the team's in the basement, the other players are failing and you're the hope of the future. Remember Horcoff getting 20+ minutes per game while having one of the worst +/- ratings? And very few of the kids under development would make it to the NHL- leading us to today's debacle. Of course, didn't Springfield try to sue the Oilers for having a very sub par minor league team and costing the owner of the Falcons a ton of money because no one went to the games? An early clue to a faulty development system....just sayin'.

Restored: "We're sucking hind banana here." - Pat Quinn, Jan 18, 2010

"...the Oilers have been rebuilding for so long that it’s hard not to be cynical." - NBC's Ryan Dadoun Jan 2, 2015

Re: Oilers open to trading Puljujarvi [message #731595 is a reply to message #731591 ]
Fri, 22 February 2019 18:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

stemhovlichski wrote on Fri, 22 February 2019 18:23

Oscargasm wrote on Fri, 22 February 2019 14:47

Exactly. He played with Aho and Laine as a junior and was fantastic. He comes to Edmonton and gets minimum TOI, no PP time, and mostly 4-line linemates.....and doesn't perform to high expectations! Smells like the old MacT quote of having to earn your place in the roster- even if the team's in the basement, the other players are failing and you're the hope of the future. Remember Horcoff getting 20+ minutes per game while having one of the worst +/- ratings? And very few of the kids under development would make it to the NHL- leading us to today's debacle. Of course, didn't Springfield try to sue the Oilers for having a very sub par minor league team and costing the owner of the Falcons a ton of money because no one went to the games? An early clue to a faulty development system....just sayin'.

I mean it may be all for naught, given recent occurrences and not knowing much of anything in an age where fans are quite connected with the on-going’s of their favourite franchise, but I’d love to see what he can do with Nuge and Leon.

I’m 100% of the thought that this org doesn’t develop/utilize their assets properly, which isn’t a new thought. Yakupov was a good example and JP is on that same path.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Oilers open to trading Puljujarvi [message #731567 is a reply to message #730694 ]
Fri, 22 February 2019 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mightyreasoner  is currently offline mightyreasoner

No Cups

JP's window for the AHL closes with a total of 53 games over three years; a grand total of 14 the past two seasons.

This organization never learns. It's getting hard to look forward to high draft picks because no one ruins them quite like the Oilers.

Re: Oilers open to trading Puljujarvi [message #731578 is a reply to message #731567 ]
Fri, 22 February 2019 15:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Quote:

Q: Can you update us on Jesse Puljujarvi and where he's at?

A: We came back off the trip and one of the reasons he sat out the one game was he had a little bit of a lower-body injury. We've looked at it this week and we have a couple different options that we can do. We've given them to Jesse and his agent and they're going to have a second doctor look at it.

Q: There's a sense with Jesse that there's this tension there about where he wants to be versus where he should be, and that his future is somewhat up in the air. From an organizational standpoint, where are you guys with his development and where the relationship is with the player?

A: First of all, we need to get him healthy. That's our main focus. Right now, he's injured to a point where he wants a second opinion. That's fine, that's his right and we feel it's right with us. He's going to get that next week and if there are different options we'll see where they go next week.

Q: Do you think that had a bearing on how he was playing?

A: I think it was there a little bit for a while and it hasn't improved. It's gotten a little bit worse. They've tried different things and now this is the best route.

Q: Sounds like, then, it would be something long-term. If he requires surgery is he going to be done for the year?

A: It's one of those things that we have to gather all the information with our doctors and Jesse's second opinion, and his representations and see what's best for Jesse. Then we'll sit down and decide.

Q: So most likely next week then, when they gather that and a decision is made?

A: Yeah, I think he goes on Tuesday and he'll be back. It will be by the end of the week when the doctors have all the information.

Q: Is he going to a doctor in the United States?

A: Yeah, he is.

Keith Gretzky interview on JP situation. Sounds like a nagging injury that he's been dealing with for awhile now.

[Updated on: Fri, 22 February 2019 15:12]

Re: Oilers open to trading Puljujarvi [message #731607 is a reply to message #731578 ]
Fri, 22 February 2019 20:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Xombie  is currently offline Xombie

No Cups

overdue wrote on Fri, 22 February 2019 14:09

Quote:

A: We came back off the trip and one of the reasons he sat out the one game was he had a little bit of a lower-body injury. We've looked at it this week and we have a couple different options that we can do. We've given them to Jesse and his agent and they're going to have a second doctor look at it.

Q: There's a sense with Jesse that there's this tension there about where he wants to be versus where he should be, and that his future is somewhat up in the air. From an organizational standpoint, where are you guys with his development and where the relationship is with the player?

A: First of all, we need to get him healthy. That's our main focus. Right now, he's injured to a point where he wants a second opinion. That's fine, that's his right and we feel it's right with us. He's going to get that next week and if there are different options we'll see where they go next week.

A: I think it was there a little bit for a while and it hasn't improved. It's gotten a little bit worse. They've tried different things and now this is the best route.

Q: Sounds like, then, it would be something long-term. If he requires surgery is he going to be done for the year?

A: It's one of those things that we have to gather all the information with our doctors and Jesse's second opinion, and his representations and see what's best for Jesse. Then we'll sit down and decide.

A: Yeah, I think he goes on Tuesday and he'll be back. It will be by the end of the week when the doctors have all the information.

Keith Gretzky interview on JP situation. Sounds like a nagging injury that he's been dealing with for awhile now.

This could get more juicy than like a Pronger Arnott level juiciness.

Bob Marley and the (Hartford) Wailers.

Re: Oilers open to trading Puljujarvi [message #731620 is a reply to message #731607 ]
Sat, 23 February 2019 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to previous message

5 Cups

Xombie wrote on Fri, 22 February 2019 21:33

overdue wrote on Fri, 22 February 2019 14:09

Quote:

This could get more juicy than like a Pronger Arnott level juiciness.

Get your skiis shined up
Grab a stick of Juicy Fruit
The taste is gonna move ya
Move you up
Move you out
The taste is gonna move ya when you pop it in your mouth

Juicy Fruit - it's gonna move ya
It's got a taste that gets right through ya
Juicy Fruit - the taste is gonna move ya

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Oilers open to trading Puljujarvi [message #732056 is a reply to message #730694 ]
Thu, 28 February 2019 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Hip surgery next week, 2nd opinion agrees it's needed.

https://oilersnation.com/2019/02/28/jesse-puljujarvi-out-for -the-season-for-edmonton-oilers/

Jim Matheson @NHLbyMatty
Puljujarvi's hip problem is a body structure issue. Not an injury.

Wonder if he has been struggling with skating because of some hip issue born out of just growth and physically maturing. Unusual stuff. Hopefully Pulju can get fixed up.

Gregor suggested a bone spur.

[Updated on: Thu, 28 February 2019 14:17]

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Pages (3): [ «  <  1  2  3  >  »]  
Previous Topic:Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #67)
Next Topic:GDT: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #67)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca