This day on March 28
None

Happy Birthday To: miker0x, GuyF, bigmike, graveyardshift, bluemiler, jrrd, Bobfromengland

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Pregame: Edmonton @ Carolina (Game #57)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Pregame: Edmonton @ Carolina (Game #57) [message #730661]
Fri, 15 February 2019 03:00 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final
Score Prediction
Login To Make Your Prediction

Edmonton to win: 0%
Carolina to win: 0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

2018-19 Regular Season
Sunday, January 20, 2019Carolina 7 @ Edmonton 4Loss
Friday, February 15, 2019Edmonton 1 @ Carolina 3Loss
Home Record: 0-1-0       Road Record: 0-1-0       Overall Record: 0-2-0
Home / Road Goals For: 4/1 Total: 5
Home / Road Goals Against: 7/3 Total: 10

2017-18 Regular Season
Tuesday, October 17, 2017Carolina 5 @ Edmonton 3Loss
Tuesday, March 20, 2018Edmonton 7 @ Carolina 3Win
Home Record: 0-1-0       Road Record: 1-0-0       Overall Record: 1-1-0
Home / Road Goals For: 3/7 Total: 10
Home / Road Goals Against: 5/3 Total: 8

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Carolina (Game #57) [message #730663 is a reply to message #730661 ]
Fri, 15 February 2019 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WhoreableGuy  is currently offline WhoreableGuy

No Cups

Boy, are all you Negative Nancies going to look really stupid when the Oilers go 20-4-2 and make the playoffs.

MUST WIN. MOGA.

Carolina wins 6-2.

"Bah Gawd! Would somebody stop the damn draft!"

- Jim Ross calling the NHL Draft Lotto 2015 as the Oilers win

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Carolina (Game #57) [message #730664 is a reply to message #730663 ]
Fri, 15 February 2019 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

WhoreableGuy wrote on Fri, 15 February 2019 07:57

Boy, are all you Negative Nancies going to look really stupid when the Oilers go 20-4-2 and make the playoffs.

MUST WIN. MOGA.

Carolina wins 6-2.

This team went from a wildcard spot to three points out to three points out but needing to pass 6 teams to 6 points out and basically dead so fast I barely even noticed.

I did notice the Kings were an OT winner away from moving into a three way tie for last with the Ducks and Oilers last night.

Edit: I actually didn't notice they're now 10(!) points behind the WC1 spot. Holy is that a collapse.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Carolina (Game #57) [message #730666 is a reply to message #730664 ]
Fri, 15 February 2019 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
feepa  is currently offline feepa

No Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Fri, 15 February 2019 08:19

MUST WIN. MOGA.

Carolina wins 6-2.

This team went from a wildcard spot to three points out to three points out but needing to pass 6 teams to 6 points out and basically dead so fast I barely even noticed.

I did notice the Kings were an OT winner away from moving into a three way tie for last with the Ducks and Oilers last night.

Edit: I actually didn't notice they're now 10(!) points behind the WC1 spot. Holy is that a collapse.

anyone who didn't see this coming has drunk far far too much Oiler flavour koolaid, and is probably easily fooled by propaganda.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Carolina (Game #57) [message #730669 is a reply to message #730666 ]
Fri, 15 February 2019 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

feepa wrote on Fri, 15 February 2019 08:30

MUST WIN. MOGA.

Carolina wins 6-2.

anyone who didn't see this coming has drunk far far too much Oiler flavour koolaid, and is probably easily fooled by propaganda.

Agreed. I figured this team out in 2008. I feel like I'm way ahead of the curve on a lot of these things.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Carolina (Game #57) [message #730687 is a reply to message #730669 ]
Fri, 15 February 2019 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

1 Cup

CrusaderPi wrote on Fri, 15 February 2019 09:33

MUST WIN. MOGA.

Carolina wins 6-2.

Agreed. I figured this team out in 2008. I feel like I'm way ahead of the curve on a lot of these things.

Yep, they broke you earlier than me.
I have had a few moments of hope but for the most part have spent over a decade knowing this team wasnt very good. The worst part is that most of us average joes could see the issues and yet those in charge seem to be doing the opposite and the Oilers just get worse.

It has been mentions repeatedly but just imagine if they didn't have McDavid.

Survivor LX(I) and 67 Champ(i)on

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 12:21

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Carolina (Game #57) [message #730671 is a reply to message #730666 ]
Fri, 15 February 2019 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ziltoid  is currently offline ziltoid

No Cups

MUST WIN. MOGA.

Carolina wins 6-2.

To be fair, blue raspberry Kool-Aid is the bomb. The orange is kinda gross, though.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Carolina (Game #57) [message #730672 is a reply to message #730666 ]
Fri, 15 February 2019 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

1 Cup

feepa wrote on Fri, 15 February 2019 11:30

MUST WIN. MOGA.

Carolina wins 6-2.

Anyone remember that 9-1 run when Hitch took over? Good times.

I don't believe we will make the playoffs, but amazingly, a win tonight would have us only 4 points back with same number of GP as the Wild. How bad is that?

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Carolina (Game #57) [message #730677 is a reply to message #730672 ]
Fri, 15 February 2019 08:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Mike wrote on Fri, 15 February 2019 08:36

MUST WIN. MOGA.

Carolina wins 6-2.

I don't believe we will make the playoffs, but amazingly, a win tonight would have us only 4 points back with same number of GP as the Wild. How bad is that?

Crazy how a couple of defensive injuries destroyed the Oilers the past few years :

Sekera blows out his knee in the Playoffs in 2016, takes the team pretty until Hitchcock arrives to make this team look good again then...

Klefbom breaks his fingers in a huge win against the Avs, sending the Oilers back down to Lottery levels.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Carolina (Game #57) [message #730680 is a reply to message #730677 ]
Fri, 15 February 2019 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

WhoreableGuy wrote on Fri, 15 February 2019 08:48

MUST WIN. MOGA.

Carolina wins 6-2.

Crazy how a couple of defensive injuries destroyed the Oilers the past few years :

Sekera blows out his knee in the Playoffs in 2016, takes the team pretty until Hitchcock arrives to make this team look good again then...

Klefbom breaks his fingers in a huge win against the Avs, sending the Oilers back down to Lottery levels.

Yes that's the only reason the oilers are in this position. lmao

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Carolina (Game #57) [message #730681 is a reply to message #730680 ]
Fri, 15 February 2019 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

feepa wrote on Fri, 15 February 2019 08:52

MUST WIN. MOGA.

Carolina wins 6-2.

Yes that's the only reason the oilers are in this position. lmao

I didn't have 17 hours to type the part in between. icon_biggrin

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Carolina (Game #57) [message #730697 is a reply to message #730677 ]
Fri, 15 February 2019 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

MUST WIN. MOGA.

Carolina wins 6-2.

Here is the thing: It wasn't the injuries that destroyed us. It was the crappy management that didn't give the team any depth to handle injuries, and created and sustained the worst culture in all of hockey.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Carolina (Game #57) [message #730703 is a reply to message #730697 ]
Fri, 15 February 2019 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Fri, 15 February 2019 11:16

MUST WIN. MOGA.

Carolina wins 6-2.

Here is the thing: It wasn't the injuries that destroyed us. It was the crappy management that didn't give the team any depth to handle injuries, and created and sustained the worst culture in all of hockey.

In fairness to the dundering band of nincompoops that have crashed the Oilers into a smoldering crater, they only had a couple months warning on Sekera's first injury and a month on his second. And who could predict there would be injuries to an NHL team? Not me.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Carolina (Game #57) [message #730705 is a reply to message #730703 ]
Fri, 15 February 2019 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Fri, 15 February 2019 11:28

MUST WIN. MOGA.

Carolina wins 6-2.

In fairness to the dundering band of nincompoops that have crashed the Oilers into a smoldering crater, they only had a couple months warning on Sekera's first injury and a month on his second. And who could predict there would be injuries to an NHL team? Not me.

Well, in 2015/16 no one important got hurt, and we did great*! So it's clearly the players' fault if they can't suck it up and stay healthy!

*great = lost in the second round to an arguably inferior team riddled with its own injuries to its defencemen...

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Carolina (Game #57) [message #730709 is a reply to message #730705 ]
Fri, 15 February 2019 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Fri, 15 February 2019 11:29

MUST WIN. MOGA.

Carolina wins 6-2.

Well, in 2015/16 no one important got hurt, and we did great*! So it's clearly the players' fault if they can't suck it up and stay healthy!

*great = lost in the second round to an arguably inferior team riddled with its own injuries to its defencemen...

Why, back in nineteen eighty aught Kevin Lowe played 37 minutes after old Craig Hartsburg (from Stratford) knocked his knee cap clear off in a pre-game tussle. Old Stan Weir (Stanner) led an infantry charge up the opposition tunnel to retrieve it. Four ushers died in the counter offensive.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Carolina (Game #57) [message #730748 is a reply to message #730709 ]
Fri, 15 February 2019 16:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Fri, 15 February 2019 11:34

MUST WIN. MOGA.

Carolina wins 6-2.

Why, back in nineteen eighty aught Kevin Lowe played 37 minutes after old Craig Hartsburg (from Stratford) knocked his knee cap clear off in a pre-game tussle. Old Stan Weir (Stanner) led an infantry charge up the opposition tunnel to retrieve it. Four ushers died in the counter offensive.

I contacted the development team about the issue and the problem was fixed by nineteen ninety eight when the undertaker threw mankind off hеll in a cell, and plummeted sixteen feet through an announcer's table.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Carolina (Game #57) [message #730754 is a reply to message #730748 ]
Fri, 15 February 2019 16:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

feepa wrote on Fri, 15 February 2019 16:00

MUST WIN. MOGA.

Carolina wins 6-2.

I contacted the development team about the issue and the problem was fixed by nineteen ninety eight when the undertaker threw mankind off hеll in a cell, and plummeted sixteen feet through an announcer's table.

Good god almighty he killed him.

If only we had gotten that barn fight. This problem could have solved itself 15 years ago.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Carolina (Game #57) [message #730880 is a reply to message #730754 ]
Sat, 16 February 2019 08:26 Go to previous message
bigEfromGP  is currently offline bigEfromGP

No Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Fri, 15 February 2019 16:11

feepa wrote on Fri, 15 February 2019 16:00

MUST WIN. MOGA.

Carolina wins 6-2.

Good god almighty he killed him.

If only we had gotten that barn fight. This problem could have solved itself 15 years ago.

My god you're right.

Back to the Future 4 should be going back to make sure that Lowe and Burke have the barn fight, taking Lowe out of the decision making process of the Oilers for the next 2 decades.

CrusaderPi wrote on Fri, 09 October 2020 13:17

CrudeRemarks wrote on Fri, 09 October 2020 13:00

The president thinks he has the ideal male body.
It's hard to disagree that he has the ideal male body.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Carolina (Game #57) [message #730695 is a reply to message #730672 ]
Fri, 15 February 2019 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

MUST WIN. MOGA.

Carolina wins 6-2.

What are we - 1-7 in the last eight? And with another 6-game losing streak too? We sure gave back those early gains in a hurry.

I still think the over-reliance on 3 players has meant A) those players are constantly fighting exhaustion, and B) other teams have a really simple time game planning against the Oilers. Executing the game plan of stopping McDavid isn't that simple, but when you know you don't even have to think about most of the rest of the team and you'll just dominate them? It makes it a lot easier on opposing coaches.

I think the recent sniping at McDavid and Draisaitl about their defensive coverage is missing the element that A) they are out there so much it's hard to be going full steam at every second and B) they know they are the ONLY offence the team has, so they have to think offence first, because if they don't put up numbers, the team is getting shut out more often than not.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Carolina (Game #57) [message #730665 is a reply to message #730661 ]
Fri, 15 February 2019 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

1 game closer to the lottery with this one.

#BP Canes 6-1

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Carolina (Game #57) [message #730688 is a reply to message #730661 ]
Fri, 15 February 2019 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ragnarok73  is currently offline Ragnarok73

2 Cups

Look guys, just find something else to occupy your time other than viewing the trainwreck that is this team right now. I have, and the urges to kill have receded. It really works, everyone.

Video games, other sports, movies, TV- all of these can provide better entertainment and actually relieve stress.

"There's no greater springboard to development than failure." - Craig MacTavish, April 13/15.

5-14-6-1

"Sabres think the suck is their ally? They merely adopted the suck. The Oilers were born in it...molded by it."

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Carolina (Game #57) [message #730689 is a reply to message #730688 ]
Fri, 15 February 2019 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

1 Cup

Ragnarok73 wrote on Fri, 15 February 2019 11:40

Look guys, just find something else to occupy your time other than viewing the trainwreck that is this team right now. I have, and the urges to kill have receded. It really works, everyone.

Video games, other sports, movies, TV- all of these can provide better entertainment and actually relieve stress.

I agree but went a different direction.

I just separated my enjoyment of the sport from the result of the Oilers games.

They have been my favorite team for going on 4 decades so come here, debate what is wrong, etc.

Once the game starts I enjoy the hockey for what it is. Once the game ends there is little to no emotional or stress effect whether they won or lost.

I tune in mostly to watch McDavid, lesser so Drai and Nurse.
I also have a lot of players I like to watch so I am entertained by the other team.

There are a couple of posters here who seem to be a bit emotionally unstable when it comes to being a a fan (fanatics?) but they just dont have that much impact on my day to day life.

Survivor LX(I) and 67 Champ(i)on

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 12:21

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Carolina (Game #57) [message #730691 is a reply to message #730688 ]
Fri, 15 February 2019 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Ragnarok73 wrote on Fri, 15 February 2019 10:40

Board games!

Just accept the Oilers for the theatre they are. Watch, don't watch, mock, don't mock, pontificate on Oilfans, lurk on Oilfans agreeing with the pontifications. Every can enjoy these Oilers, we just need to find everyone's own special way.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Carolina (Game #57) [message #730744 is a reply to message #730661 ]
Fri, 15 February 2019 14:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Hurricanes with too much team speed, this looking to be another unwatched PVR.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Previous Topic:Review: Edmonton @ Carolina (Game #57)
Next Topic:GDT: Edmonton @ Carolina (Game #57)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca