This day on March 28
None

Happy Birthday To: miker0x, GuyF, bigmike, graveyardshift, bluemiler, jrrd, Bobfromengland

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: San Jose @ Edmonton (Game #55)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Review: San Jose @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #730135]
Sat, 09 February 2019 19:30 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final

Score Prediction
Login To See Your Results
No one predicted this!

Edmonton to win:   0%
San Jose to win:   0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: San Jose @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #730144 is a reply to message #730135 ]
Sat, 09 February 2019 19:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

Showcase on hold?

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: Review: San Jose @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #730148 is a reply to message #730144 ]
Sat, 09 February 2019 19:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

1 Cup

And with that we are only 2 points from last in the West. We’re obviously going to finish last, now I guess it’s back to cheering for a draft pick. Oh well - at least we made it to February this year.

Re: Review: San Jose @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #730153 is a reply to message #730148 ]
Sat, 09 February 2019 19:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

Mike wrote on Sat, 09 February 2019 20:44

And with that we are only 2 points from last in the West. We’re obviously going to finish last, now I guess it’s back to cheering for a draft pick. Oh well - at least we made it to February this year.

With how terrible the Ducks have been the last 2 months and how garbage the Kings have been all year... the fact we are ONLY 2 points up on them is just.. yeesh.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Review: San Jose @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #730156 is a reply to message #730153 ]
Sat, 09 February 2019 20:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

1 Cup

Oscargasm wrote on Sat, 09 February 2019 20:52

With how terrible the Ducks have been the last 2 months and how garbage the Kings have been all year... the fact we are ONLY 2 points up on them is just.. yeesh.

6 points out of dead last in the league
2 points out of the west basement as you mention

BUT

4 points out of a playoff spot

The West really is a snails race for the wild card. 8 points between the top wild card team (Wild- 59 pts) and the bottom (LA and ANA- 51)

Not one of those teams has a positive goal differential.

I know that anything can happen in the playoffs but can any one REALLY say that whomever gets into those 2 spots is a legit contender?

Survivor LX(I) and 67 Champ(i)on

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 12:21

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: Review: San Jose @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #730157 is a reply to message #730156 ]
Sat, 09 February 2019 20:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

PlusOne wrote on Sat, 09 February 2019 21:33

BUT

The West really is a snails race for the wild card. 8 points between the top wild card team (Wild- 59 pts) and the bottom (LA and ANA- 51)

I know that anything can happen in the playoffs but can any one REALLY say that whomever gets into those 2 spots is a legit contender?

The West will (should go) through Nashville, Winnipeg or San Jose, no matter who the wild card teams are. Heck even Calgary could be mentioned with those 3, if they get their goaltending issues figured out, maybe they could take Koski from us (hahaha).

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: San Jose @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #730162 is a reply to message #730156 ]
Sat, 09 February 2019 21:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

PlusOne wrote on Sat, 09 February 2019 20:33

BUT

I would just exclude the Blues as a catchable team. They are not stopping. The 2 closest teams that could be caught are Dallas (61 points) and Minny (59 points).

6 points out with 27 games to play. Don't they say being >4 points out in Nov is an almost sure sign you're not making it? :)

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: Review: San Jose @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #730154 is a reply to message #730144 ]
Sat, 09 February 2019 19:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
overdue  is currently offline overdue

No Cups

g2k wrote on Sat, 09 February 2019 19:42

Showcase on hold?

Affirmative!

Re: Review: San Jose @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #730150 is a reply to message #730135 ]
Sat, 09 February 2019 19:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Damn lack of McPoints!!!

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: Review: San Jose @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #730152 is a reply to message #730150 ]
Sat, 09 February 2019 19:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Sat, 09 February 2019 20:46

Damn lack of McPoints!!!

All around suck with this one.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: San Jose @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #730158 is a reply to message #730135 ]
Sat, 09 February 2019 20:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

So McDavid’s “If you don’t believe, leave” comment from before the all star break has resonated in the locker room so much that Hitch had this to say in his post gamer today;

"At this time of year the coaches can't want it more than the players."

Nice to hear McDavid’s at least inspired the coaching staff.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: San Jose @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #730159 is a reply to message #730158 ]
Sat, 09 February 2019 21:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ragnarok73  is currently offline Ragnarok73

2 Cups

Lose for Hughes. F&&$ this team. They are dead to me.

"There's no greater springboard to development than failure." - Craig MacTavish, April 13/15.

5-14-6-1

"Sabres think the suck is their ally? They merely adopted the suck. The Oilers were born in it...molded by it."

Re: Review: San Jose @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #730171 is a reply to message #730135 ]
Sat, 09 February 2019 23:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Hitch calls it. Article from Staples.

Quote:

Hitchcock told reporters that the Oilers had as many odd man rushes as San Jose, but the Oilers can’t do that, as San Jose has all kinds of players who can finish off a play.

“When you put skill in ahead of work, you get burnt. And there’s just too much of that going on. And I don’t know.

“We didn’t even give ourselves a fighting chance. The game was over. When you turn it over that many times and you make casual plays like that, you give yourself no chance. We did it on the first, second goal.. we did it on the fourth goal.

“I don’t have the answers but we can’t play this way and actually expect to win hockey games, not at this time of year, quite frankly ever, maybe in an exhibition game. For the players it has to be really unacceptable to play that way with so much, to be able to move two or three points within seven and eight, to play this way, it just can’t be acceptable.

“We can’t do the things we’re doing to ourselves and expect to be playoff team.”

On Leon Draisaitl’s weak backcheck on San Jose’s second goal, Hitchcock described it as a “symptom of something of much bigger. To me, it’s priorities and it’s what’s important. I mean, look at the fifth goal, it was a change goal, we just dribbling went to the bench (again this was Draisaitl), turned it over in the neutral zone and just walked to the bench and changed. It just can’t be acceptable.”

Hitchcock then went nuclear: “At this time of year, the coaches can’t want it more than the players. That is number one. At the end of the day, it’s going to be decided whether we want to play the right way cause it’s successful, or whether we just want to do our thing. And to me today was a game we just wanted to do our thing and paid dearly for it.

“I mean, how many times did we lose board battles in the offensive zone where we had size advantage and they walked right off of the boards and ended up exiting. That’s just flat determination… It just happens too many times. That is work. This is a second and third effort league. And it’s a league of discipline, especially between the bluelines and when you do what we do, and to me this is typical of what’s gone on in four of the last six games, especially at home.”

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: San Jose @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #730174 is a reply to message #730171 ]
Sun, 10 February 2019 00:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ziltoid  is currently offline ziltoid

No Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Sat, 09 February 2019 23:04

Quote:

Hitchcock told reporters that the Oilers had as many odd man rushes as San Jose, but the Oilers can’t do that, as San Jose has all kinds of players who can finish off a play.

“When you put skill in ahead of work, you get burnt. And there’s just too much of that going on. And I don’t know.

“We didn’t even give ourselves a fighting chance. The game was over. When you turn it over that many times and you make casual plays like that, you give yourself no chance. We did it on the first, second goal.. we did it on the fourth goal.

“I don’t have the answers but we can’t play this way and actually expect to win hockey games, not at this time of year, quite frankly ever, maybe in an exhibition game. For the players it has to be really unacceptable to play that way with so much, to be able to move two or three points within seven and eight, to play this way, it just can’t be acceptable.

“We can’t do the things we’re doing to ourselves and expect to be playoff team.”

On Leon Draisaitl’s weak backcheck on San Jose’s second goal, Hitchcock described it as a “symptom of something of much bigger. To me, it’s priorities and it’s what’s important. I mean, look at the fifth goal, it was a change goal, we just dribbling went to the bench (again this was Draisaitl), turned it over in the neutral zone and just walked to the bench and changed. It just can’t be acceptable.”

Hitchcock then went nuclear: “At this time of year, the coaches can’t want it more than the players. That is number one. At the end of the day, it’s going to be decided whether we want to play the right way cause it’s successful, or whether we just want to do our thing. And to me today was a game we just wanted to do our thing and paid dearly for it.

“I mean, how many times did we lose board battles in the offensive zone where we had size advantage and they walked right off of the boards and ended up exiting. That’s just flat determination… It just happens too many times. That is work. This is a second and third effort league. And it’s a league of discipline, especially between the bluelines and when you do what we do, and to me this is typical of what’s gone on in four of the last six games, especially at home.”

This is a direct result of management. McDavid, Drai, Nuge, etc. are fully aware that they are carrying the team, and that management has given them nothing in terms of a supporting cast. At some point the frustration is going to boil over and they are going to give in to the futility of it all and just ride out the season.

Re: Review: San Jose @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #730175 is a reply to message #730174 ]
Sun, 10 February 2019 01:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

ziltoid wrote on Sat, 09 February 2019 23:14

Quote:

This is a direct result of management. McDavid, Drai, Nuge, etc. are fully aware that they are carrying the team, and that management has given them nothing in terms of a supporting cast. At some point the frustration is going to boil over and they are going to give in to the futility of it all and just ride out the season.

I haven't seen even a hint of quit or frustration in McD, or RNH. IMHO LD disengages way too often for a guy that's supposed to help lead the team.
The part that bothers me the most is exactly what Hitch said about the board battles, it doesn't take elite skill to win a board battle, many of the Oilers problems start and end with lost board battles, they lose them getting a puck out of their own end, they lose them in the opponent's end allowing breakouts against, and they lose them in the middle of the ice trying to move the puck up .. often going back the other way, out numbered against.
It used to be that the team's players were small and/or Belanger-like, now they have teh size, but refuse to use it.

Nobody, except for a few guys, finishes a check, ever. They actually seem to avoid contact.

[Updated on: Sun, 10 February 2019 01:17]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: San Jose @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #730180 is a reply to message #730175 ]
Sun, 10 February 2019 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stotto  is currently offline stotto

No Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Sun, 10 February 2019 01:06

ziltoid wrote on Sat, 09 February 2019 23:14

Quote:

I haven't seen even a hint of quit or frustration in McD, or RNH. IMHO LD disengages way too often for a guy that's supposed to help lead the team.
The part that bothers me the most is exactly what Hitch said about the board battles, it doesn't take elite skill to win a board battle, many of the Oilers problems start and end with lost board battles, they lose them getting a puck out of their own end, they lose them in the opponent's end allowing breakouts against, and they lose them in the middle of the ice trying to move the puck up .. often going back the other way, out numbered against.
It used to be that the team's players were small and/or Belanger-like, now they have teh size, but refuse to use it.

Nobody, except for a few guys, finishes a check, ever. They actually seem to avoid contact.

Leon has an off night and McDavid doesn't get a point. Oilers lose. They need some help.

Watching this game it was evident that our talent level is so thin compared to the Sharks.

I don't like to single out players but.........Wow.

Brodziak, Reider, Manning, Gravel.

You can't sit them all and they aren't going to get much in a trade but man what a pile of inability and extreme detriment to this team.

Re: Review: San Jose @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #730181 is a reply to message #730175 ]
Sun, 10 February 2019 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Quote:

The part that bothers me the most is exactly what Hitch said about the board battles,

Have not been too many games where they are engaged enough to work as hard at keeping the puck when pressured or getting it back as they are when an offensive opportunity presents itself and that just has to change. They do lose puck battles and turn it over all over the ice but especially in their own end. It's true, effort and hard work are involved and when you see the lazy leon play factor into a couple of the goals last night it just burns you. What else has he or any of them got to do but give their best effort every game? Not sure, but the results speak for themselves. Hitchcock realizes that putting in that effort and paying attention to details is the only way the Oilers have a chance due to lack of skill but they only seem to buy in when they feel like it. Not many real keepers on this team from what I have seen. Every time they have a good opportunity to make some headway in the standings they choke. ( makes you wonder if they are just playing out the string because they don't believe they have a real chance of doing anything in the playoffs anyway ) This team is too weak to have any passengers let alone half the team some games.

[Updated on: Sun, 10 February 2019 19:17]

Re: Review: San Jose @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #730191 is a reply to message #730181 ]
Sun, 10 February 2019 12:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NZ Oiler Fan  is currently offline NZ Oiler Fan

No Cups

Not usually a fan of Spector, but even he's starting to see that the core of this organization is rotten: (mind you, he also reported last week that our D corps was turning a corner for the better, so take it with a grain of salt.)

Quote:

It has been going on here for years, however, a sure sign that the culture is rotten.

It goes right back to the days of Hall and Ebs and Gagner and Gilbert. No one knows how to win, because no one has been taught what it takes. There is no institutional knowledge on things like compete and character. It does not exist, missing the playoffs for 11 of the past 12 years.

Hitchcock thought he had a bead on the issues when he arrived, after all of his visits as an opposing coach. Now he is seeing it firsthand, and it’s like a visit to the sausage factory.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/ken-hitchcock-feeling-so bering-reality-oilers-situation/

Just as well Bobby Nicks is looking for a new GM that fits our culture. No matter how terrible that culture is. Here's a thought: Hire someone who DOESN'T fit that culture. Get everyone to wake the hell up and quit basking in the glory of the 80s. We've always liked to poke fun at the Leafs for going on about 1967, but this isn't any better.

Re: Review: San Jose @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #730193 is a reply to message #730191 ]
Sun, 10 February 2019 13:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

NZ Oiler Fan wrote on Sun, 10 February 2019 12:37

Not usually a fan of Spector, but even he's starting to see that the core of this organization is rotten: (mind you, he also reported last week that our D corps was turning a corner for the better, so take it with a grain of salt.)

Quote:

It has been going on here for years, however, a sure sign that the culture is rotten.

It goes right back to the days of Hall and Ebs and Gagner and Gilbert. No one knows how to win, because no one has been taught what it takes. There is no institutional knowledge on things like compete and character. It does not exist, missing the playoffs for 11 of the past 12 years.

Hitchcock thought he had a bead on the issues when he arrived, after all of his visits as an opposing coach. Now he is seeing it firsthand, and it’s like a visit to the sausage factory.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/ken-hitchcock-feeling-so bering-reality-oilers-situation/

Just as well Bobby Nicks is looking for a new GM that fits our culture. No matter how terrible that culture is. Here's a thought: Hire someone who DOESN'T fit that culture. Get everyone to wake the hell up and quit basking in the glory of the 80s. We've always liked to poke fun at the Leafs for going on about 1967, but this isn't any better.

But that would mean without the OBC. The "culture" is them. I agree, that seems to be the only hope for any real constructive change. I remember Dallas Eakins saying he was confident that McTavish would "figure this thing out" (on his way out the door) and still with all who have passed through that revolving door since, no one has figured it out? Even with the best player in the league on the team? If the OBC really cared about the organization, they would admit they are not very good at running things and that it's time to step down for the good of the team and fans, go count their money, and allow someone who actually has a clue to run the team. They are the only constant throughout the whole ongoing failure that is the Oilers. They are the culture this new puppet GM will have to fit into.(poor bugger) If the OBC were players we'd have shipped them all out years ago for doing such a lousy job. ( End of Rant )

Re: Review: San Jose @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #730205 is a reply to message #730174 ]
Mon, 11 February 2019 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
halfafrog  is currently offline halfafrog

No Cups

I would say Drai has never back checked well and his offensive talent has largely masked his inability on the defensive side. Over the years I have seen far too much laziness on his behalf on the defensive side. I would have benched him after that (though you can’t hurt a stars feelins anymore supposedly) first one. That’s embarrassing at peewees. Unacceptable at the professional level to be that unaware when on the ice.

So this is what hope feels like?

Re: Review: San Jose @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #730250 is a reply to message #730205 ]
Mon, 11 February 2019 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

halfafrog wrote on Mon, 11 February 2019 09:41

I would say Drai has never back checked well and his offensive talent has largely masked his inability on the defensive side. Over the years I have seen far too much laziness on his behalf on the defensive side. I would have benched him after that (though you can’t hurt a stars feelins anymore supposedly) first one. That’s embarrassing at peewees. Unacceptable at the professional level to be that unaware when on the ice.

To the bolded part, why can't you? It seemed to kinda spark Dallas after Lites ripped Benn and Seguin. Though it's not like they have lit the world on fire, they did climb into a playoff spot. And, I mean, our Owner hides in the attic while his nostalgic puppets run the show.

But we've been hearing for awhile now that it's "the players" that have to play better in Edmonton. As recent as this weekend, we heard Hitch saying that the players play better on the road and that the players have to play better at home, that at practice they work and they seem to have it figured out but once butts are in the seats and the lights are on it's as though a switch is flipped and the players forget how to play hockey. It's the management culture in Edmonton, to defer blame. They just haven't singled out players in the media ala Stars Owner Lites.

They (the OEG) just haven't singled out any specific player.
Even with Chia's shortcomings, we were fed "it's on the players to play better" because it's difficult to make a deal to help your team as "other teams aren't there to help you". And with Bob's presser he reiterated that it's on the players to play better.

[Updated on: Mon, 11 February 2019 13:13]

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: San Jose @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #730260 is a reply to message #730250 ]
Mon, 11 February 2019 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
halfafrog  is currently offline halfafrog

No Cups

Oh I don’t have a problem with it but who is doing it? They call them out as a group but I think they have to be a bit more brutal. If you make 8 million bucks a year you can take some criticism.

So this is what hope feels like?

Re: Review: San Jose @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #730296 is a reply to message #730260 ]
Mon, 11 February 2019 17:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

halfafrog wrote on Mon, 11 February 2019 14:34

Oh I don’t have a problem with it but who is doing it? They call them out as a group but I think they have to be a bit more brutal. If you make 8 million bucks a year you can take some criticism.

One would think. I mean I make a small percentage of that and I think I can take criticism in the workplace pretty well.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: San Jose @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #730300 is a reply to message #730260 ]
Mon, 11 February 2019 19:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

halfafrog wrote on Mon, 11 February 2019 13:34

I think publicly saying that the coaching staff wants to win more than the players is pretty brutal though. I think that isn’t going to have the intended effect Hitch was hoping for. It might have been effective if this team was still responding to him, but they are not.

But I get what you’re saying. Leon needs a boot up his ass for that game. But if he’s owning it behind closed doors I wouldn’t think publicly berating him is going to help. I’m sure he will be a good soldier defensively on Wednesday. How many games it lasts?

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: Review: San Jose @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #730304 is a reply to message #730300 ]
Mon, 11 February 2019 21:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

g2k wrote on Mon, 11 February 2019 19:03

I think publicly saying that the coaching staff wants to win more than the players is pretty brutal though. I think that isn’t going to have the intended effect Hitch was hoping for. It might have been effective if this team was still responding to him, but they are not.

But I get what you’re saying. Leon needs a boot up his ass for that game. But if he’s owning it behind closed doors I wouldn’t think publicly berating him is going to help. I’m sure he will be a good soldier defensively on Wednesday. How many games it lasts?

Yeah, if I was coaching the Oilers, I'd punt every time a media member asked me a question about a certain play by a certain player.

"I really haven't seen the video of that one yet, so I can't comment."
"Sounds like you've already broken down the play. Why don't you just share your thoughts on it?"
"That's why you're on that side of the podium and I'm on this side of it."

I'd probably set the ground rules right away on all the things I'm not commenting on, and then I'd mock the reporters that tried to get me to stray from that.

It would drive them crazy, but your job isn't to make those mouth-breathers happy. Protect the guys in the room, and then peel a strip out of them behind closed doors when you need to.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Review: San Jose @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #730308 is a reply to message #730304 ]
Mon, 11 February 2019 22:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

2 Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 11 February 2019 21:24

Yeah, if I was coaching the Oilers, I'd punt every time a media member asked me a question about a certain play by a certain player.

"Sounds like you've already broken down the play. Why don't you just share your thoughts on it?"

I'd probably set the ground rules right away on all the things I'm not commenting on, and then I'd mock the reporters that tried to get me to stray from that.

It would drive them crazy, but your job isn't to make those mouth-breathers happy. Protect the guys in the room, and then peel a strip out of them behind closed doors when you need to.

Uh huh, and because you've made enemies of the people who set the narrative with the fans, the first time you struggle the narrative changes to you and you're fired. For a clear example, see Hervey, Ed.

Re: Review: San Jose @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #730311 is a reply to message #730308 ]
Mon, 11 February 2019 23:31 Go to previous message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

NetBOG wrote on Mon, 11 February 2019 22:03

Adam wrote on Mon, 11 February 2019 21:24

Uh huh, and because you've made enemies of the people who set the narrative with the fans, the first time you struggle the narrative changes to you and you're fired. For a clear example, see Hervey, Ed.

Well, I'm counting on the strong capable competent management above me to realize that feeding the media troglodytes is bad for team chemistry and that they really don't need to know anything. They can go do their own damned analysis, rather than asking for me to show off how smart I am...

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Previous Topic:Pregame: Edmonton @ Pittsburgh (Game #56)
Next Topic:GDT: San Jose @ Edmonton (Game #55)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca