This day on April 19
None

Happy Birthday To: jari17, trehorse, 5mowill, Dragon_Matt, smyth2007

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #50)Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: Review: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #728551 is a reply to message #728548 ]
Tue, 22 January 2019 22:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ragnarok73  is currently offline Ragnarok73

2 Cups

NetBOG wrote on Tue, 22 January 2019 22:20

I hope all of you understand, if they let Chiarelli go, we're gonna get a fresh helping of LoweT. Is that what you really want?

Where is that Hellfire missile, Null?

"There's no greater springboard to development than failure." - Craig MacTavish, April 13/15.

5-14-6-1

"Sabres think the suck is their ally? They merely adopted the suck. The Oilers were born in it...molded by it."

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #728553 is a reply to message #728551 ]
Tue, 22 January 2019 22:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

Ragnarok73 wrote on Tue, 22 January 2019 23:23

I hope all of you understand, if they let Chiarelli go, we're gonna get a fresh helping of LoweT. Is that what you really want?

I mean... I'd expect MacT to end the year. Then they'll find a 'suitable' full time guy and slink back to the shadows.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Review: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #728561 is a reply to message #728553 ]
Tue, 22 January 2019 22:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Tue, 22 January 2019 22:25

Ragnarok73 wrote on Tue, 22 January 2019 23:23

I mean... I'd expect MacT to end the year. Then they'll find a 'suitable' full time guy and slink back to the shadows.

Hope this suitable full time guy likes a challenge.

That position might be a career killer. Or a lottery win for someone that shouldn’t have the position anyway.

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: Review: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #728554 is a reply to message #728551 ]
Tue, 22 January 2019 22:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

No Cups

Ragnarok73 wrote on Tue, 22 January 2019 21:23

Stand by, I'm in process or ordering.... Lockheed Martin put me on hold.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: Review: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #728555 is a reply to message #728548 ]
Tue, 22 January 2019 22:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

1 Cup

NetBOG wrote on Tue, 22 January 2019 23:20

Honestly?

This isn't meant to undersell my dislike for everything Lowe has done to this team but I dont even care anymore. I dont think he was worse than PC.

Earlier today someone posted a quote from Bob McKenzie. If there is any media person more respected for being factual and level headed I dont know who it is.

“I always maintain with every general manager in the league, I could build you a case that even the best general manager in the league - I could probably go through and find five or seven things if you just ratatat them off you’d say, ‘This guy is the worst general manager ever. Look at these draft picks. Look at these trades. Look at these signings. These are terrible.’

I dont think there is a GM that has a resume like PC has had with the Oilers that is almost 100% failures.

Much like my signature that I missed Russell, here goes...

I would prefer Lowe was GM of the Oilers than even one more deal that Peter Chiarelli is allowed to make, or even be a part of, if in fact there is a group approving everything.

He should be done, done now and done for good.

This is the best time to make a midseason change given the break right now and if they dont do it then it is wasted chance and clear there isnt a plan and really there never was.

Survivor LX(I) and 67 Champ(i)on

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 12:21

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: Review: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #728560 is a reply to message #728555 ]
Tue, 22 January 2019 22:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

PlusOne wrote on Tue, 22 January 2019 23:29

I dont think there is a GM that has a resume like PC has had with the Oilers that is almost 100% failures.

Much like my signature that I missed Russell, here goes...

I would prefer Lowe was GM of the Oilers than even one more deal that Peter Chiarelli is allowed to make, or even be a part of, if in fact there is a group approving everything.

He should be done, done now and done for good.

This is the best time to make a midseason change given the break right now and if they dont do it then it is wasted chance and clear there isnt a plan and really there never was.

Seconded.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #728556 is a reply to message #728548 ]
Tue, 22 January 2019 22:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

I really think PC might be worse. I don’t know.

On the other hand, there is always the possibility Chiarelli is going to write a tell all some day.

Re: Review: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #728559 is a reply to message #728556 ]
Ragnarok73  is currently offline Ragnarok73

2 Cups

g2k wrote on Tue, 22 January 2019 22:30

On the other hand, there is always the possibility Chiarelli is going to write a tell all some day.

Seriously, if they were to replace Chia with MacT or KLowe, I would laugh myself to death.

"There's no greater springboard to development than failure." - Craig MacTavish, April 13/15.

5-14-6-1

"Sabres think the suck is their ally? They merely adopted the suck. The Oilers were born in it...molded by it."

Re: Review: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #728564 is a reply to message #728556 ]
Tue, 22 January 2019 22:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

PC’s crime is not being able to fix the mess Lowe made.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Review: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #728565 is a reply to message #728564 ]
Tue, 22 January 2019 22:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Tue, 22 January 2019 22:39

While he probably had Lowe, MacT and Howson at the table, and had to seek their approval for every big decision he had to make.

Nicholson seemed to believe in "The Plan" to the bitter end. They all came up with it together, and were thankful that this Chia guy that all the other GM's liked was able to execute it.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #728568 is a reply to message #728565 ]
Tue, 22 January 2019 22:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Kr55 wrote on Tue, 22 January 2019 21:40

While he probably had Lowe, MacT and Howson at the table, and had to seek their approval for every big decision he had to make.

Nicholson seemed to believe in "The Plan" to the bitter end. They all came up with it together, and were thankful that this Chia guy that all the other GM's liked was able to execute it.

The truth is everyone at that table should be shot out of the same cannon out of the Oilers offices. If any of those five had any clue or willingness to step up and ensure the right moves were made, we wouldn't be so deep down in an outhouse hole right now.

They didn't. And now the team is a disgrace. So gone with all of them. Start from scratch.

Re: Review: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #728574 is a reply to message #728564 ]
Tue, 22 January 2019 22:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

He actually was able to take the team even further backwards though.

He made damn sure it couldn’t rise from the ashes.

Re: Review: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #728587 is a reply to message #728564 ]
Tue, 22 January 2019 23:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

PC's crime is doubling down on the mess.

Re: Review: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #728557 is a reply to message #728548 ]
bigEfromGP  is currently offline bigEfromGP

No Cups

First of all, don't be fooled for one second that Lowe and MacT weren't involved in the majority of these moves, and will continue to be involved no matter who the GM is until they are gone.

Secondly, the next GM has been telegraphed since before the season began, and its Keith Gretzky.

Until Katz man's up and cleans house, we will have dark times ahead. My only saving grace is that I am 20 years younger than them and can hopefully outlast them to finally see the Oilers competitive again.

CrusaderPi wrote on Fri, 09 October 2020 13:17

CrudeRemarks wrote on Fri, 09 October 2020 13:00

The president thinks he has the ideal male body.
It's hard to disagree that he has the ideal male body.

Re: Review: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #728571 is a reply to message #728557 ]
Tue, 22 January 2019 22:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

bigEfromGP wrote on Tue, 22 January 2019 22:32

First of all, don't be fooled for one second that Lowe and MacT weren't involved in the majority of these moves, and will continue to be involved no matter who the GM is until they are gone.

Secondly, the next GM has been telegraphed since before the season began, and its Keith Gretzky.

Until Katz man's up and cleans house, we will have dark times ahead. My only saving grace is that I am 20 years younger than them and can hopefully outlast them to finally see the Oilers competitive again.

It’s pretty crazy what’s going on. A big signing followed by a firing of the GM.

For a while I was wondering if it was only Nicholson and PC having a dialogue on trades etc while the OBC was keeping their mitts off it and letting him die on the sword. I’ve wondered if there’s a disconnect between Nicholson and OBC. And that Bobby is out of touch on how bad these moves are.

Now I’m back to firmly believing OBC has been influencing. I just don’t get how so many people can believe these have been positive moves. How can there not be some serious in house scraping over this stupidity I’m so confused. Lol.

[Updated on: Tue, 22 January 2019 22:50]

Re: Review: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #728562 is a reply to message #728548 ]
Tue, 22 January 2019 22:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lew19  is currently offline Lew19

No Cups

At least Lowe made hockey deals. Chai just throws confetti into the air, giggles and hands someone a addition pick to the already overpay. Mind boggling the moves this guy has made, and still held down a job. I feel bad, being a family man myself, it must be hard. But when I suck at my job, I don't get paid. Nobody gives two bulls nuts about that, and this guy has had the reins for far too long. I

Re: Review: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #728563 is a reply to message #728548 ]
Tue, 22 January 2019 22:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smyth260  is currently offline smyth260

No Cups

NetBOG wrote on Tue, 22 January 2019 21:20

Should we as fans just accept this team as it is now and pretend everything is going to be awesome?

Clean house or bust

Re: Review: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #728566 is a reply to message #728509 ]
Tue, 22 January 2019 22:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Hooooooooly poop... Chia's wiki page is "protected to prevent vandalism"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Chiarelli_(ice_hockey)

Wikipedia gave him a NMC!!! rofl rofl rofl rofl

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #728573 is a reply to message #728566 ]

No Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Tue, 22 January 2019 21:42

Hooooooooly poop... Chia's wiki page is "protected to prevent vandalism"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Chiarelli_(ice_hockey)

Wikipedia gave him a NMC!!! rofl rofl rofl rofl

I'm just gonna park on that page and keep hitting refresh until the "Succeeded by" section is filled out.

Re: Review: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #728567 is a reply to message #728509 ]
Tue, 22 January 2019 22:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smyth260  is currently offline smyth260

No Cups

God the propaganda train moving already...from Matheson:

"If Chiarelli is fired, there are lots of former GM's working for Oilers--Kevin Lowe, Craig MacTavish and Scott Howson."

Yep, no problems here. Let's just forget everything pre-Chiarelli.

Clean house or bust

Re: Review: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #728569 is a reply to message #728567 ]
Tue, 22 January 2019 22:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

smyth260 wrote on Tue, 22 January 2019 23:44

"If Chiarelli is fired, there are lots of former GM's working for Oilers--Kevin Lowe, Craig MacTavish and Scott Howson."

Bobby Nicks for interim! rasta

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #728570 is a reply to message #728567 ]
Tue, 22 January 2019 22:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

smyth260 wrote on Tue, 22 January 2019 22:44

Damn is he an idiot.

How could anyone with the job of following this team write that crap with a straight face?

[Updated on: Tue, 22 January 2019 22:48]

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #728572 is a reply to message #728567 ]

6 Cups

Man alive. What a murder’s row of incompetence.

Serious question: if you’re a world class GM, do you subject yourself to that?

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Review: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #728575 is a reply to message #728572 ]
Tue, 22 January 2019 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Tue, 22 January 2019 22:47

Man alive. What a murder’s row of incompetence.

Serious question: if you’re a world class GM, do you subject yourself to that?

Walking into this cap situation and having these ghouls looking over your shoulder?

No thanks.

Re: Review: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #728576 is a reply to message #728509 ]
Tue, 22 January 2019 23:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Yesssss! Roenick’s rant is, I assume by the opening credits, on sportscentre!

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #728578 is a reply to message #728576 ]
Tue, 22 January 2019 23:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Tue, 22 January 2019 23:00

Yesssss! Roenick’s rant is, I assume by the opening credits, on sportscentre!

Oh man was that highlight package bad. How did you guys watch that whole game?

Russell looked clueless on the first goal
Player, whose name I forgot, looked like a spinning top on the second goal.
The Kosk was made of Swiss cheese on the third.

JR was right, when he repeated my line, the Oilers are simply not an NHL team.

Re: Review: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #728579 is a reply to message #728509 ]
Tue, 22 January 2019 23:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

In all seriousness... it I’m Hitch, or Connor I make sure that JR rant is played on repeat until the fire is lit. It’s getting a lot of airtime. It’s embarrassing, but he’s not wrong.

Anyway. Nothing is happening tonight. Until tomorrow!

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #728580 is a reply to message #728579 ]
Tue, 22 January 2019 23:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Tue, 22 January 2019 22:09

In all seriousness... it I’m Hitch, or Connor I make sure that JR rant is played on repeat until the fire is lit. It’s getting a lot of airtime. It’s embarrassing, but he’s not wrong.

Anyway. Nothing is happening tonight. Until tomorrow!

Why though? Embarrassing the players isn't going to make them be better players? You have a room full of AHLers basically holding on to their NHL dream as long as they can, taking a beating from the other team, the fans, the media every day. I feel bad for them watching everyone of them put in a collective position to fail.

If a general sends out a group of soldiers out with only handguns to face a convoy of tanks, do you point the blame at the soldiers when they get smashed, blown up, and the tanks don't even get a scratch?

We are literally a team of 4th liners and AHLers trying to compete with teams that are an entire league above us in every regard. Except for three or four guys.... on a good day.

Re: Review: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #728583 is a reply to message #728509 ]
Tue, 22 January 2019 23:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

Went to this game, and given recent performances was looking for a much better effort.

Oilers arrived late in terms of any urgency again, about 2 periods late.

Koski's 1st and 3rd goals against were pretty bad.

Connor was the most dangerous Oiler but definitely not up to his standard to my eye and most of the tier 1's around, got a post shorthanded. Leon with the usual handful of giveaways but scored and assisted on the 2nd.

2 Wings uncovered on the 2nd goal high and low I think, Nuge caught between them, I don't know who was supposed to be his guy and who was supposed to be covering the other guy, but it ended up in the net.

The rest of the group pretty much put in the usual effort of not getting much done.

Regarding the blender we eventually saw, in my opinion Leon is not a second line center and Nuge isn't a 1st line winger. Get Leon off the PK and I think that'll help the issue with the bigger minutes for him. It's all pretty moot though looking for answers among the top three guys when the rest collectively get no results, and you leak goals that you shouldn't.

I think they're effed again this year, unless they immediately go on a tear after the break. I don't see it in the group.

Re: Review: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #728584 is a reply to message #728583 ]
Tue, 22 January 2019 23:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Marc Savard
‏Verified account @MSavvy91
8m8 minutes ago
A source really close to the @EdmontonOilers hockey club tells me that Peter Chiarelli’s job in Edmonton has come to an end!!

FWIW

Re: Review: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #728595 is a reply to message #728509 ]
Wed, 23 January 2019 00:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

PC will take the hit, but the blame for the bad trades can be spread evenly between pro-scouting, and upper management, PC wasn't deciding these things on his own. It was a group think decision, like the process involved when deciding on a draft pick.

We purged an entire pro-scouting group once before.. nothing changed .. who freaking knows man..

PC's firing will sadly not make a difference, it'll just allow the fans to feel like they got some some retribution.. for a while.. then its on to the next guy ... this mess is not a quick fix... we'd need an expansion draft!

The "Rebuild" was a decade full of bad decisions; in drafting, signings, prospect development.. then they got PC, and tried the "Bold Moves" model, with the same, or worse results. At least during the Rebuild they didn't trade away a Hart Trophy winner for a stay at home defenseman.

Oh well .. it is what it is...
Next year!

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]  
Previous Topic:Oilers select 2nd rd (#62) - Olivier Rodrigue
Next Topic:GDT: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #50)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca