This day on March 29
None

Happy Birthday To: SMURDS, JRock71, Cpt Waffle, TexasOiler, Morgan99

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: Edmonton @ San Jose (Game #43)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Review: Edmonton @ San Jose (Game #43) [message #726892]
Tue, 08 January 2019 23:00 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final

Score Prediction
Login To See Your Results
No one predicted this!

Edmonton to win: 0%
San Jose to win: 0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Edmonton @ San Jose (Game #43) [message #726894 is a reply to message #726892 ]
Tue, 08 January 2019 23:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

1 Cup

Fire Chia

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ San Jose (Game #43) [message #726895 is a reply to message #726894 ]
Tue, 08 January 2019 23:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Tue, 08 January 2019 23:03

Fire Chia

Please don't stop at Chia

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: Review: Edmonton @ San Jose (Game #43) [message #726896 is a reply to message #726894 ]
Tue, 08 January 2019 23:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stemhovlichski  is currently offline stemhovlichski

No Cups

Fire Chia

I've said it once and I'll say it again: That's like changing the seat in an outhouse. It's still gonna stink until you clear out the old cr*p AND do a total rebuild.

Restored: "We're sucking hind banana here." - Pat Quinn, Jan 18, 2010

"...the Oilers have been rebuilding for so long that it’s hard not to be cynical." - NBC's Ryan Dadoun Jan 2, 2015

Re: Review: Edmonton @ San Jose (Game #43) [message #726909 is a reply to message #726896 ]
Wed, 09 January 2019 01:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Slim Jim Phantom Call  is currently offline Slim Jim Phantom Call

No Cups

stemhovlichski wrote on Tue, 08 January 2019 23:05

Fire Chia

I've said it once and I'll say it again: That's like changing the seat in an outhouse. It's still gonna stink until you clear out the old cr*p AND do a total rebuild.

So you what you are saying is there could be a consistent within this organizational sheeiteeeshow...
#4?

In fairness to Hall, I've wanted to throw a waterbottle at Eakins all season.
~nullterm 03/22/2014

Re: Review: Edmonton @ San Jose (Game #43) [message #726897 is a reply to message #726892 ]
Tue, 08 January 2019 23:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

I feel like an Oiler fan again.

I have for a couple weeks now..

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: Review: Edmonton @ San Jose (Game #43) [message #726902 is a reply to message #726897 ]
Tue, 08 January 2019 23:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

g2k wrote on Tue, 08 January 2019 23:06

Do you feel like you hate-watch the games again yet? I"m not quite there, not to Eakins-second-season levels, but I'm not upset about losing. It's just amusing in a macabre sort of way and at least i can say I predicted everything correctly once again. I just wish we could hire some management types that could at least keep up with random fan-board posters with no pro hockey experience.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Review: Edmonton @ San Jose (Game #43) [message #726904 is a reply to message #726902 ]
Tue, 08 January 2019 23:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

Adam wrote on Tue, 08 January 2019 23:25

g2k wrote on Tue, 08 January 2019 23:06

Do you feel like you hate-watch the games again yet? I"m not quite there, not to Eakins-second-season levels, but I'm not upset about losing. It's just amusing in a macabre sort of way and at least i can say I predicted everything correctly once again. I just wish we could hire some management types that could at least keep up with random fan-board posters with no pro hockey experience.

No, just not really paying attention to the games like they mean anything.

The game is background noise as I’m buried in my iPad watching Cold War aircraft documentaries etc, occasionally checking in here to see if I missed something.

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: Review: Edmonton @ San Jose (Game #43) [message #726907 is a reply to message #726904 ]
Tue, 08 January 2019 23:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Magnum  is currently offline Magnum

No Cups

I played chess.

2015/2016 - This Kool-Aid tastes like McDavid flavoured Drain-O.
2016/2017 - This Kool-Aid is starting to taste like juice.
2017/2018 - I'm drinking this Kool-Aid, in hopes that it's Drain-O.
2018/2019 - Another round of Drain-O, good sir!

Re: Review: Edmonton @ San Jose (Game #43) [message #726912 is a reply to message #726907 ]
Wed, 09 January 2019 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Magnum wrote on Tue, 08 January 2019 23:59

I played chess.

I watched the start during a night class. How did you distract yourself from the awfulness that is Oilers hockey. Post your thoughts in the comments below. Like and subscribe.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ San Jose (Game #43) [message #726915 is a reply to message #726912 ]
Wed, 09 January 2019 05:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Wed, 09 January 2019 03:07

Magnum wrote on Tue, 08 January 2019 23:59

I played chess.

I watched the start during a night class. How did you distract yourself from the awfulness that is Oilers hockey. Post your thoughts in the comments below. Like and subscribe.

I started my online EMBA in hopes of joining Oilers Management so I can be Adam's shadow puppet GM.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Review: Edmonton @ San Jose (Game #43) [message #726911 is a reply to message #726902 ]
Wed, 09 January 2019 02:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oilfanforever!!  is currently offline Oilfanforever!!

No Cups

My new favorite quote Adam!!

'I just wish we could hire some management types that could at least keep up with random fan-board posters with no pro hockey experience.'

luv it!! rofl lmao

"McDavid is as good as I’ve seen in the last 30 years, the best player to come into the league in the last 30 years." Gretzky

"I think it goes without saying that there is a lot of pressure on me," McDavid

Re: Review: Edmonton @ San Jose (Game #43) [message #726920 is a reply to message #726911 ]
Wed, 09 January 2019 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Oilfanforever!! wrote on Wed, 09 January 2019 02:00

My new favorite quote Adam!!

'I just wish we could hire some management types that could at least keep up with random fan-board posters with no pro hockey experience.'

luv it!! rofl lmao

It could go beautifully in your signature line under the Gretzky and McDavid quotes!

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Review: Edmonton @ San Jose (Game #43) [message #726910 is a reply to message #726892 ]
Wed, 09 January 2019 01:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mightyreasoner  is currently offline mightyreasoner

No Cups

Re: Review: Edmonton @ San Jose (Game #43) [message #726921 is a reply to message #726910 ]
Wed, 09 January 2019 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

To say it was disappointing is an understatement. It doesn't help they got zero luck. 2 goals go off Oilers skates, Kane is allowed to kick one in. I have seen guys move their skates way less and they call it back but it's a vet Sharks team so they get different rules. When you get:
- Below average goaltending. This was another "its not Talbot's fault" game but the 3rd goal STUNK and he had .765% and he didn't even play half the game. Koskinen came in and gave them .842. Not necessarily the goalies fault but you aren't winning any games when your goalies put up stats like that.
- Defense wasn't good. Jones - Larsson pairing wasn't good. Doesn't help they had bad luck as well. Jones looked like a rookie last night. Larsson had an off night.
- Nurse - Russell pairing wasn't good. Russell looks rusty which has to be expected a bit but he had problems. Nurse wasn't good. For a guy as big, strong, fast and nasty as Nurse is, man he gets beat in front a lot. The guy is 6'4, 221, you'd think he shouldn't be getting out muscled by too many guys in front just because he is so big. Yet he does all the time.
- Gravel - Petrovic - Just like all the pairings they weren't good. I thought the penalty shot was a BS call but whatever. McDavid gets drilled in the back going head first into the boards against the Ducks with no call, why would I expect even mediocre officiating more nights.

FOrwards: I thought the Lucic - Nuge - Puljujarvi line was actually pretty decent. Other than that, the entire forward group wasn't good. Including McDavid. McDavid had a bad night, he ended up -3 and just wasn't good. The Oilers aren't that good because there are way too many passengers at forward so they can't afford to have a game where McDavid isn't good.

On the positive Lucic scored a goal. HE SCORED A GOAL!!!! It's a freaking miracle.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ San Jose (Game #43) [message #726953 is a reply to message #726921 ]
Wed, 09 January 2019 15:45 Go to previous message
overdue  is currently offline overdue

No Cups

Saw the post game interview with Hithcock, he looked worn. Hope coaching this team doesn't lead to serious health problems for him. At least they're consistent! Looks like Kleffbom meant more to this group than anyone could have guessed.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ San Jose (Game #43) [message #726944 is a reply to message #726892 ]
Wed, 09 January 2019 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Xombie  is currently offline Xombie

No Cups

That's a tough one boys.

You don't choose your team. Your team chooses you. Otherwise each and every person on this site would have just chosen another team by now. Even the ones who just came back for Conner.

The Jones bubble had to burst sometime. Needs more AHL time. Pull your R.V. is looking better and better.

I would laugh if Lucic goes on a "tear" and scores every say, 4-5th game from here on in. Just a cursed 2018 he had.

This team needs to be 100% healthy, and have every player fully engaged to even have a chance.

Me thinky no playoffs.

Bob Marley and the (Hartford) Wailers.

Previous Topic:Review: Edmonton @ Arizona (Game #40)
Next Topic:GDT: Edmonton @ San Jose (Game #43)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca