This day on March 28
None

Happy Birthday To: miker0x, GuyF, bigmike, graveyardshift, bluemiler, jrrd, Bobfromengland

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Pregame: Edmonton @ Anaheim (Game #42)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Pregame: Edmonton @ Anaheim (Game #42) [message #726613]
Sun, 06 January 2019 03:00 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final
Score Prediction
Login To Make Your Prediction

Edmonton to win: 0%
Anaheim to win: 0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

2018-19 Regular Season
Friday, November 23, 2018Edmonton 1 @ Anaheim 2 (OT)Loss
Sunday, January 6, 2019Edmonton 4 @ Anaheim 0Win
Saturday, February 23, 2019Anaheim 1 @ Edmonton 2Win
Saturday, March 30, 2019Anaheim 5 @ Edmonton 1Loss
Home Record: 1-1-0       Road Record: 1-0-1       Overall Record: 2-1-1
Home / Road Goals For: 3/5 Total: 8
Home / Road Goals Against: 6/2 Total: 8

2017-18 Regular Season
Thursday, January 4, 2018Anaheim 1 @ Edmonton 2 (OT) (SO)Win
Friday, February 9, 2018Edmonton 2 @ Anaheim 3Loss
Sunday, February 25, 2018Edmonton 6 @ Anaheim 5 (OT) (SO)Win
Sunday, March 25, 2018Anaheim 5 @ Edmonton 4 (OT)Loss
Home Record: 1-0-1       Road Record: 1-1-0       Overall Record: 2-1-1
Home / Road Goals For: 6/8 Total: 14
Home / Road Goals Against: 6/8 Total: 14

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Anaheim (Game #42) [message #726616 is a reply to message #726613 ]
Sun, 06 January 2019 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

Lose this one and Chia should get the TMac treatment, fired the morning after the team arrives in San Jose.

I can't believe I'm saying this... but I'd feel much better with MacT as interim GM to end the year than Chiarelli at this point. drink

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Anaheim (Game #42) [message #726617 is a reply to message #726616 ]
Sun, 06 January 2019 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Sun, 06 January 2019 08:31

Lose this one and Chia should get the TMac treatment, fired the morning after the team arrives in San Jose.

I can't believe I'm saying this... but I'd feel much better with MacT as interim GM to end the year than Chiarelli at this point. drink

I believe Adams theory holds the most water. OBC still need Chiarelli as an insulator. If they fire him now and continue to tailspin, someone else will get the axe this summer. The knives will still be out.

Leave Pete the Pawn where he is, fire him in the summer, and the OBC will buy themselves a few more years with the next dummy. I say dummy because at this point, nobody smart would take this shipwreck and work under these clowns. The reputation of this management group is rotten to the core. And the entire hockey world knows it now.

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Anaheim (Game #42) [message #726621 is a reply to message #726617 ]
Sun, 06 January 2019 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
overdue  is currently offline overdue

No Cups

g2k wrote on Sun, 06 January 2019 08:45

I believe Adams theory holds the most water. OBC still need Chiarelli as an insulator. If they fire him now and continue to tailspin, someone else will get the axe this summer. The knives will still be out.

Leave Pete the Pawn where he is, fire him in the summer, and the OBC will buy themselves a few more years with the next dummy. I say dummy because at this point, nobody smart would take this shipwreck and work under these clowns. The reputation of this management group is rotten to the core. And the entire hockey world knows it now.

Agree that they will probably take the cell phone away and ride this one out, it would also mean giving up on "Peter's Plan" ( Peter Pan ? ) which should burst to fruition any day now.
Maybe he does think he's Peter Pan and all his deals are made from a never never land mind set. (just never never gets better) Will they show up tonight? Wait and see.

[Updated on: Sun, 06 January 2019 11:21]

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Anaheim (Game #42) [message #726623 is a reply to message #726617 ]
Sun, 06 January 2019 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

g2k wrote on Sun, 06 January 2019 08:45

Chia sucks at competing with the rest of the NHL, but I bet he was smart enough to make sure Nicholson and hopefully the OBC were approving his moves. When Nicholson talks about Chia, he very much talks like he is in the same boat with him, and desperately needs to believe things are just gonna work out. Lame rationalizations for why things are improving, blind belief in some plan that it really makes no sense to have existed since 3 years ago (trade away a bunch of speed and skill, and 3 years later say you need speed and skill), dumb comments about Chia's great qualities (other GM's like him!) that anyone with half a brain knows has nothing to do with being a good GM.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Anaheim (Game #42) [message #726636 is a reply to message #726623 ]
Sun, 06 January 2019 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GabbyDugan  is currently offline GabbyDugan

No Cups

...apparently Yamamoto has been placed on IR and Russell activated....

...lots of injured Ducks (...."Korbinian Holzer (wrist) is out; Corey Perry (knee) is out; Patrick Eaves (back) is doubtful; Cam Fowler (facial fracture) is out; Rickard Rackell (ankle) is out; Ryan Miller (sprained MCL) is out"....)

..... Oiler reject Pontus Aberg is their leading goal scorer...what could possibly go wrong????....

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Anaheim (Game #42) [message #726638 is a reply to message #726636 ]
Sun, 06 January 2019 14:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

GabbyDugan wrote on Sun, 06 January 2019 15:35

...lots of injured Ducks (...."Korbinian Holzer (wrist) is out; Corey Perry (knee) is out; Patrick Eaves (back) is doubtful; Cam Fowler (facial fracture) is out; Rickard Rackell (ankle) is out; Ryan Miller (sprained MCL) is out"....)

..... Oiler reject Pontus Aberg is their leading goal scorer...what could possibly go wrong????....

Jeez, even their inactives today will outscore every Oiler not named Conner, Leon or Ryan.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Anaheim (Game #42) [message #726643 is a reply to message #726638 ]
Sun, 06 January 2019 15:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stemhovlichski  is currently offline stemhovlichski

No Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Sun, 06 January 2019 14:40

GabbyDugan wrote on Sun, 06 January 2019 15:35

Jeez, even their inactives today will outscore every Oiler not named Conner, Leon or Ryan.

During Hitch's meltdown last night he said that the team needs a motivator in order to win and usually this season it's been getting blown out in the game before. So maybe they play for pride today? Hitch also said that needing a motivator to win is not the sign of a professional hockey team so who knows???

Edit: he actually said "playoff" not "professional", I stand corrected. To me....same diff.

[Updated on: Sun, 06 January 2019 17:30]

Restored: "We're sucking hind banana here." - Pat Quinn, Jan 18, 2010

"...the Oilers have been rebuilding for so long that it’s hard not to be cynical." - NBC's Ryan Dadoun Jan 2, 2015

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Anaheim (Game #42) [message #726648 is a reply to message #726643 ]
Sun, 06 January 2019 16:26 Go to previous message
overdue  is currently offline overdue

No Cups

For some reason I hate the Ducks even more than the Canucks and Flames. With all their players out and Aberg leading them in scoring it's a perfect storm for another embarrassing Oiler loss but....maybe our team pride will kick in. Wait and see. Like that Russel is back. Hopefully at 100%.

Previous Topic:GDT: Edmonton @ Anaheim (Game #42)
Next Topic:GDT: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #41)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca