This day on January 18
Acquired: Micah Aivazoff (1995) Len Esau (1995) Dean Kennedy (1995)

Happy Birthday To: brad233, gloss233, joker911

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Speculation » GoaltendingPages (2): [ «  <  1  2]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: Goaltending [message #725324 is a reply to message #725096 ]
Mon, 17 December 2018 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

Mike wrote on Fri, 14 December 2018 19:06

RDOilerfan wrote on Tue, 11 December 2018 16:09

Then next season, you have Bouchard on your 3rd pairing playing sheltered mins with some PP time. So in a couple of seasons, he's taking Larsson's spot in the top 4 and you are set for a long, long time.

Would you do Talbot + Bouchard for Parayko?

I don't think I would just because Yes the Oilers need to improve the defense right now but I think Bouchard is going to be on the team next season and making an impact for them so trading him I think doesn't help the Oilers. The Oilers finally have some prospects coming but they don't have enough so I don't see the value in trading their #1 prospect. Secondly, in a few years, the Oilers are going to be without Sekera and Russel - hopefully sooner than that for Sekera. They need replacements for them AND in a cap world, they need cheap replacements.

I would much rather take out Bouchard and add in say Jones who's in the NHL showing what he can do and a pick to sweeten it vs give up Bouchard. Hell, as much as I love him, I would much rather send Larsson back instead of Bouchard to the Blues. In a season or 2, if you have Parayko and Bouchard as your top 2, right shots getting fed pucks by McDavid for one timers, you'd be set.

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Goaltending [message #726125 is a reply to message #725324 ]
Sun, 30 December 2018 14:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GabbyDugan  is currently offline GabbyDugan

No Cups

....don't think Parayko is coming this way...not this season, at least....the Blues may be open to all offers, but can the Oilers afford to offer St. Louis what they would want???

...getting back to goaltending, the netminders sure haven't helped the Oilers through this important home stand....can't lay all the blame on Talbot and Koskinen, but they haven't been good enough lately (I'll give Koskinen credit for what he has accomplished, but he can't carry the load for this team himself, given the Oilers travel schedule)...and ,just my opinion, bhe goalies haven't been getting enough help from the lazy team in front of them...

....there isn't much to choose from in Bakersfield right now (Montoya is being healthy scratched every game and, IMHO, Wells and Starrett need more pro experience - a lot more)

....many other NHL teams have goaltending issues with injuries and inconsistent performances, so they are holding on to what they have, meaning a trade isn't easy....

....meanwhile, Laurent Brossoit, who the Oilers (and I) had written off after last season as an NHL caliber goaltender, is thriving for Paul Maurice and the Winnipeg Jets....

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?encode=TRUE& amp;pid=118258

....of course, Brossoit is getting the softer starts behind Hellebyck, and is playing behind a very fine defense....but why couldn't he stop anything with the Oilers last season????....I don't like to always question coaching or team practice methods, but in this case how else to explain the change in performance for Brossoit???....

Re: Goaltending [message #726241 is a reply to message #726125 ]
Mon, 31 December 2018 13:56 Go to previous message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

4 Cups

GabbyDugan wrote on Sun, 30 December 2018 13:53

....don't think Parayko is coming this way...not this season, at least....the Blues may be open to all offers, but can the Oilers afford to offer St. Louis what they would want???

...getting back to goaltending, the netminders sure haven't helped the Oilers through this important home stand....can't lay all the blame on Talbot and Koskinen, but they haven't been good enough lately (I'll give Koskinen credit for what he has accomplished, but he can't carry the load for this team himself, given the Oilers travel schedule)...and ,just my opinion, bhe goalies haven't been getting enough help from the lazy team in front of them...

....there isn't much to choose from in Bakersfield right now (Montoya is being healthy scratched every game and, IMHO, Wells and Starrett need more pro experience - a lot more)

....many other NHL teams have goaltending issues with injuries and inconsistent performances, so they are holding on to what they have, meaning a trade isn't easy....

....meanwhile, Laurent Brossoit, who the Oilers (and I) had written off after last season as an NHL caliber goaltender, is thriving for Paul Maurice and the Winnipeg Jets....

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?encode=TRUE& amp; amp; amp;pid=118258

....of course, Brossoit is getting the softer starts behind Hellebyck, and is playing behind a very fine defense....but why couldn't he stop anything with the Oilers last season????....I don't like to always question coaching or team practice methods, but in this case how else to explain the change in performance for Brossoit???....

They do have a #1 defense though.. makes huge difference, Montreal Canadiens won the Vezina every year in the 70's, had best D, and O, in teh league .. difference maker. Hard to evaluate goaltenders without factoring in team play, plus he's older now, more experience, goalies almost always develop later.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks, K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier

Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]  
Previous Topic:Hypothetical ‘BIG’ trade...
Next Topic:Parayko
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2018.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca