This day on April 25
None

Happy Birthday To: Scott, kayla_foley

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #36)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Review: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #36) [message #725759]
Sat, 22 December 2018 22:30 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final

Score Prediction
Login To See Your Results
No one predicted this!

Edmonton to win:   0%
Tampa Bay to win:   0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #36) [message #725760 is a reply to message #725759 ]
Sat, 22 December 2018 22:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

2 Cups

Ah well, at least we're done with these guys for the year. We'll be done with Winnipeg before New Year's. It gets easier, boys.

Re: Review: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #36) [message #725764 is a reply to message #725760 ]
Sat, 22 December 2018 22:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ragnarok73  is currently offline Ragnarok73

2 Cups

At least the fans at Rogers got to see a good team play tonight... icon_rolleyes

"There's no greater springboard to development than failure." - Craig MacTavish, April 13/15.

5-14-6-1

"Sabres think the suck is their ally? They merely adopted the suck. The Oilers were born in it...molded by it."

Re: Review: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #36) [message #725766 is a reply to message #725764 ]
Sat, 22 December 2018 22:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

And there goes the moral victory.

Oh, yes: Fire Chia now.

[Updated on: Sat, 22 December 2018 22:42]

"There's no greater springboard to development than failure." - Craig MacTavish, April 13/15.

5-14-6-1

"Sabres think the suck is their ally? They merely adopted the suck. The Oilers were born in it...molded by it."

Re: Review: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #36) [message #725768 is a reply to message #725759 ]
Sat, 22 December 2018 22:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

At least Chia has the injury excuse so he can keep on chugging as our GM.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #36) [message #725772 is a reply to message #725768 ]
Sat, 22 December 2018 22:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Sat, 22 December 2018 22:40

He really doesn’t though, as he made no significant move to replace Sek for a 2nd straight year largely because he screwed himself out of cap space. He should be canned tonight, because the Lightning just showed the Oil front office what a competently-managed team looks like.

5-14-6-1

Re: Review: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #36) [message #725774 is a reply to message #725772 ]
Sat, 22 December 2018 22:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Ragnarok73 wrote on Sat, 22 December 2018 22:45

He really doesn’t though, as he made no significant move to replace Sek for a 2nd straight year largely because he screwed himself out of cap space. He should be canned tonight, because the Lightning just showed the Oil front office what a competently-managed team looks like.

Losing Klef and Russell though in the same game? I dunno. OBC has used the injury excuse so many times, I think Chia deserves a shot with it :)

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #36) [message #725775 is a reply to message #725772 ]
Sat, 22 December 2018 22:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Ragnarok73 wrote on Sat, 22 December 2018 22:45

Sekera got hurt on Aug 14. Was Chiarelli supposed to see into the future on July 1 to know he wasn't going to play for 3 months?

Re: Review: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #36) [message #725778 is a reply to message #725775 ]
Sat, 22 December 2018 22:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

NetBOG wrote on Sat, 22 December 2018 22:48

Sekera got hurt on Aug 14. Was Chiarelli supposed to see into the future on July 1 to know he wasn't going to play for 3 months?

Given that Sek had missed half of the previous season and was never the same when he came back? Yes, he should have. At the very least, a good GM should be able to build a team that has DEPTH at major positions so that 1-2 injuries don't cripple the club.

When a Hitch-coached team loses, it's because at least some of the players on its roster are sub-par.

Speaking of Chia, how many points did his acquisitions (Loo, Spooner, Garrison, Kassian, etc.) contribute tonight? A grand total of zero.

5-14-6-1

Re: Review: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #36) [message #725776 is a reply to message #725772 ]
Sat, 22 December 2018 22:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shoop  is currently offline shoop

No Cups

So Chiarelli should be fired because the Oilers lost to the best team in the league, by 8 points beat them with Klefa and Russell out of the lineup?

Hmmmm, something tells me if the Oilers had won 6-3 tonight you would still be advocate for Chia being fired. Amirite or amirite?

Re: Review: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #36) [message #725779 is a reply to message #725776 ]
Sat, 22 December 2018 22:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

1 Cup

shoop wrote on Sat, 22 December 2018 23:49

So Chiarelli should be fired because the Oilers lost to the best team in the league, by 8 points beat them with Klefa and Russell out of the lineup?

Hmmmm, something tells me if the Oilers had won 6-3 tonight you would still be advocate for Chia being fired. Amirite or amirite?

You are right in that we would be calling for Chia to be fired but it has nothing to do with this game in general.
He has taken a team over that was gifted the most talented player on earth that had some tradeable assets and turned it into a point gift to other teams in the league.

When McDavid is off the ice is there anyone here that actually believes the team is a threat to score?
When the other team comes in on our D do you actually have confidence?

Most importantly, when it comes to PC. Do you actually think this a better overall team than the one he inherited?

I am sure you know my side of this discussion but if it wasn't for McDavid falling into his lap PC would be consistently looking at top 5 lottery odds.

Survivor LX(I) and 67 Champ(i)on

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 12:21

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: Review: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #36) [message #725780 is a reply to message #725776 ]
Sat, 22 December 2018 22:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

shoop wrote on Sat, 22 December 2018 22:49

I've been clamoring for Chia to be fired since the previous season ended, so I'm not sure what your point is. See my reply to NetBog about the concept of depth, something that is completely alien to Chia's abilities as a GM.

5-14-6-1

Re: Review: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #36) [message #725781 is a reply to message #725780 ]
Sat, 22 December 2018 22:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Ragnarok73 wrote on Sat, 22 December 2018 23:56

I've been clamoring for Chia to be fired since the previous season ended, so I'm not sure what your point is. See my reply to NetBog about the concept of depth, something that is completely alien to Chia's abilities as a GM.

On thing that was brought up is the farm team. I think it was also Netbog but I cant find the post.

I do agree that the farm system and prospect pool seems to be in much better shape than when PC took over. I dont think all of the guys we talk about will be all-stars but for once I see guys in junior and the AHL that I think have a high chance of being legit NHL'ers.

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: Review: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #36) [message #725782 is a reply to message #725781 ]
Sat, 22 December 2018 23:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

PlusOne wrote on Sat, 22 December 2018 22:59

On thing that was brought up is the farm team. I think it was also Netbog but I cant find the post.

I do agree that the farm system and prospect pool seems to be in much better shape than when PC took over. I dont think all of the guys we talk about will be all-stars but for once I see guys in junior and the AHL that I think have a high chance of being legit NHL'ers.

Maybe running the scouting and farm will be his new position when he’s fired, but not completely fired.

I’m guessing he’s earned some red wine cred for taking the bullet on the Reinhart trade for his many bosses that forced the brand new GM to so 🙄

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: Review: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #36) [message #725797 is a reply to message #725781 ]
Sun, 23 December 2018 01:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

The sad thing about the prospect system and the drafting is that we've heard this same song and dance before. We have so many bright shiny draft picks who are all excelling and we're going to be great when we graduate this group.

It might even be true this time, but I'm not keeping a bad GM over the draft maybes. I remember a time not so long ago when Stu MacGregor was getting huge kudos for the 2010 and 2011 drafts - we had Marincin, Musil, Gernat, Simpson, Davidson all coming along great on defence and Pitlick, Hamilton, Ewanyk on forward. Our cupboard would be full for a generation...Except that it wasn't. We got only a handful of games out of any of those guys. Davidson was the one who'd play here the longest.

The Oilers and their media always hype the draft picks, creating expectations that they're going to come in and light the world on fire. The actual development has always left something to be desired and we'll see what happens with this cohort. We've already lost one of the ones who we were assured was going to be great in Paigin. We're four years in with Chiarelli and his Oilers draft picks outside of Round 1 have played 22 NHL games total.

I'm hopeful for Bear and Jones and Benson, etc. but let's not pretend that these are sure things at this point. The Condors are a middle of the pack team, and none of those draft picks are tearing the league to pieces. They're not failures (that's reserved for signings like Vesey and Larkin), but they're not superstars yet either.

There's just no way you can look at where those prospects are at and believe it excuses or makes up for the terrible trades and signings that Chiarelli's made.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Review: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #36) [message #725799 is a reply to message #725797 ]
Sun, 23 December 2018 03:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Adam wrote on Sun, 23 December 2018 01:15

Ah, there's our friendly neighbourhood ray of sunshine.
The sad thing about the prospect system and the drafting is that we've heard this same song and dance before. We have so many bright shiny draft picks who are all excelling and we're going to be great when we graduate this group.

It might even be true this time, but I'm not keeping a bad GM over the draft maybes. I remember a time not so long ago when Stu MacGregor was getting huge kudos for the 2010 and 2011 drafts - we had Marincin, Musil, Gernat, Simpson, Davidson all coming along great on defence and Pitlick, Hamilton, Ewanyk on forward. Our cupboard would be full for a generation...Except that it wasn't. We got only a handful of games out of any of those guys. Davidson was the one who'd play here the longest.

The Oilers and their media always hype the draft picks, creating expectations that they're going to come in and light the world on fire. The actual development has always left something to be desired and we'll see what happens with this cohort. We've already lost one of the ones who we were assured was going to be great in Paigin. We're four years in with Chiarelli and his Oilers draft picks outside of Round 1 have played 22 NHL games total.

I'm hopeful for Bear and Jones and Benson, etc. but let's not pretend that these are sure things at this point. The Condors are a middle of the pack team, and none of those draft picks are tearing the league to pieces. They're not failures (that's reserved for signings like Vesey and Larkin), but they're not superstars yet either.

There's just no way you can look at where those prospects are at and believe it excuses or makes up for the terrible trades and signings that Chiarelli's made.

Ah, there's our friendly neighbourhood ray of sunshine.

Re: Review: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #36) [message #725783 is a reply to message #725780 ]
Sat, 22 December 2018 23:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Confused as to why you thought tonight's game was an excuse to fire Chiarelli. Like you explicitly said in the post I replied to.

Re: Review: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #36) [message #725792 is a reply to message #725783 ]
Sun, 23 December 2018 00:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

shoop wrote on Sat, 22 December 2018 23:22

Confused as to why you thought tonight's game was an excuse to fire Chiarelli. Like you explicitly said in the post I replied to.

The Quote button is your friend. I've already expressed the reasons I feel that Chia should be canned in previous messages, so feel free to read them.

5-14-6-1

Re: Review: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #36) [message #725807 is a reply to message #725792 ]
Sun, 23 December 2018 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Ragnarok73 wrote on Sun, 23 December 2018 07:06

The Quote button is your friend. I've already expressed the reasons I feel that Chia should be canned in previous messages, so feel free to read them.

Gotcha thanks.

I just don't understand why this game should be an indication that Chia deserves to be fired. There is lots of irrational hatred for Chia out there. Just trying to see if you have any rational reason for it.

Re: Review: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #36) [message #725820 is a reply to message #725807 ]
Sun, 23 December 2018 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

shoop wrote on Sun, 23 December 2018 08:14

Gotcha thanks.

I just don't understand why this game should be an indication that Chia deserves to be fired. There is lots of irrational hatred for Chia out there. Just trying to see if you have any rational reason for it.

You’re new here, probably, so you may not be aware of certain norms that have been created in this existing social ecosystem. Posting “fire chia” is something of a tradition in the post game thread, win or lose. There are a variety of reasons for this, of course, but it’s important to remember your first instinct for the reasons things happen here may not be correct.

In other news, fire chia.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Review: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #36) [message #725829 is a reply to message #725807 ]
Sun, 23 December 2018 20:59 Go to previous message
Babaganoosh2.0  is currently offline Babaganoosh2.0

No Cups

shoop wrote on Sun, 23 December 2018 08:14

Gotcha thanks.

Irrational hatred. He is the worst NHL GM since Garth Snow. He has the best player in the world and can't build a competitive team around him. Look at the trades!! Not only here but in Boston. In any fair and just world he would have been out on his ass years ago. I hope they fire him out of a cannon. I bet baldy is quite aerodynamic.

Re: Review: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #36) [message #725769 is a reply to message #725759 ]
Sat, 22 December 2018 22:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Ah the better team won tonight.

Too bad about Koskinens home record.

Re: Review: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #36) [message #725771 is a reply to message #725759 ]
Sat, 22 December 2018 22:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

The Oilers played missing two (arguably three) of their top four defencemen against the best team in the league.

They were only down a goal with five minutes left in the game.

Moral victory.

Re: Review: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #36) [message #725777 is a reply to message #725759 ]
Sat, 22 December 2018 22:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

I pulled this post from the pre-game thread;

NetBOG wrote on Sat, 22 December 2018 20:24

overdue wrote on Sat, 22 December 2018 18:58

Wow, you look at TBay's third pairing D and then you look at ours....Go Koskinen Go!

They better enjoy it now, because the Cap Monster is coming after them this summer and it looks like sacrificing that D depth is how they will fight against it.

Every time someone here mentions another team's cap problems I smile, especially when it is a team that is clearly built better than the Oilers.
I was going to reply, then started watching the game. The longer I watched the more I realized how TB is pretty much everything the Oilers wish they were.

- they had a string of bad years, drafting 1st, 2nd then 6th over a three year span.
- had a 3rd overall pick a couple years later.
- had to make a tough trade that was criticized by some (Drouin)
- Have had to pay a couple of elite players
- are now a cap crunch team.

The Oilers list of matching points would be very similar when comparing draft, trade and cap situations.

The Lightning have been to the playoffs 5 times this decade, one final, 3 conference final appearances and a first round exit.

We all no the Oilers recent history.

The Lighting have a deep, talented, balanced team that is among the top, if not the best team in the league. They lost their top goalie and star defenceman for parts of the season and still played through it.

The Oilers are a one line team with a defence that is all in over their heads.

No wonder a lot of us on this board are bitter, sarcastic and fed up. Teams like the Lighting are exactly what we wish we were cheering for, not being dominated by!

Re: Review: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #36) [message #725794 is a reply to message #725777 ]
Sun, 23 December 2018 00:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stemhovlichski  is currently offline stemhovlichski

No Cups

PlusOne wrote on Sat, 22 December 2018 22:52

I pulled this post from the pre-game thread;

NetBOG wrote on Sat, 22 December 2018 20:24

overdue wrote on Sat, 22 December 2018 18:58

Wow, you look at TBay's third pairing D and then you look at ours....Go Koskinen Go!

They better enjoy it now, because the Cap Monster is coming after them this summer and it looks like sacrificing that D depth is how they will fight against it.

Every time someone here mentions another team's cap problems I smile, especially when it is a team that is clearly built better than the Oilers.
I was going to reply, then started watching the game. The longer I watched the more I realized how TB is pretty much everything the Oilers wish they were.

- they had a string of bad years, drafting 1st, 2nd then 6th over a three year span.
- had a 3rd overall pick a couple years later.
- had to make a tough trade that was criticized by some (Drouin)
- Have had to pay a couple of elite players
- are now a cap crunch team.

The Oilers list of matching points would be very similar when comparing draft, trade and cap situations.

The Lightning have been to the playoffs 5 times this decade, one final, 3 conference final appearances and a first round exit.

We all no the Oilers recent history.

The Lighting have a deep, talented, balanced team that is among the top, if not the best team in the league. They lost their top goalie and star defenceman for parts of the season and still played through it.

The Oilers are a one line team with a defence that is all in over their heads.

No wonder a lot of us on this board are bitter, sarcastic and fed up. Teams like the Lighting are exactly what we wish we were cheering for, not being dominated by!

So you think you know a little bit about winning?

deadhorse

Restored: "We're sucking hind banana here." - Pat Quinn, Jan 18, 2010

"...the Oilers have been rebuilding for so long that it’s hard not to be cynical." - NBC's Ryan Dadoun Jan 2, 2015

Re: Review: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #36) [message #725784 is a reply to message #725759 ]
Sat, 22 December 2018 23:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Press on the Oilers to see just them on this chart

https://public.tableau.com/profile/sean.tierney#!/vizhome/Te amchartsovertime/xGdifferential?publish=yes

Anyone that does rail on Klef. This is a pretty good graphical view of his contribution to this team. Hitch was was relying on him more than any other player on this team to play big minutes in every situation. This team has fallen off the map in terms of our share of chances when he went down.

Jersey is one of the few teams playing more poorly than us though, if you wan't to feel better :)

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #36) [message #725786 is a reply to message #725784 ]
Sat, 22 December 2018 23:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Sat, 22 December 2018 23:23

https://public.tableau.com/profile/sean.tierney#!/vizhome/Te amchartsovertime/xGdifferential?publish=yes

Anyone that does rail on Klef. This is a pretty good graphical view of his contribution to this team. Hitch was was relying on him more than any other player on this team to play big minutes in every situation. This team has fallen off the map in terms of our share of chances when he went down.

Jersey is one of the few teams playing more poorly than us though, if you wan't to feel better :)

Yeah I was throwing some shade his way for a few games early in the season. Sure miss him now.

Re: Review: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #36) [message #725789 is a reply to message #725784 ]
Sat, 22 December 2018 23:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Kr55 wrote on Sun, 23 December 2018 06:23

Good post.

The Oilers will probably be ok once Russell returns.

Re: Review: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #36) [message #725813 is a reply to message #725784 ]
Sun, 23 December 2018 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Sat, 22 December 2018 23:23

Doh, we're the worst now on that chart :(

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #36) [message #725790 is a reply to message #725759 ]
Sat, 22 December 2018 23:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
overdue  is currently offline overdue

No Cups

Not as hard to choke this loss down as some of the previous ones. Given that the Oilers are down a couple of pretty important players and that Tampa is probably the best team in the NHL right now. I thought the Oilers had a really good first and not only because Koski was outstanding, the team was playing hard and did a lot of good things, but they gradually started exploiting our weaknesses which became more apparent as the game went on. Oilers hung in there to make it respectable but not much puck luck and too many mistakes.( I don't want to pick on Looch but he was god awful.) They picked our D apart more as the game went on and showed why they're a top team. Conner was great as usual. The End.

Re: Review: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #36) [message #725803 is a reply to message #725790 ]
Sun, 23 December 2018 07:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

overdue wrote on Sun, 23 December 2018 06:48

Not as hard to choke this loss down as some of the previous ones. Given that the Oilers are down a couple of pretty important players and that Tampa is probably the best team in the NHL right now. I thought the Oilers had a really good first and not only because Koski was outstanding, the team was playing hard and did a lot of good things, but they gradually started exploiting our weaknesses which became more apparent as the game went on. Oilers hung in there to make it respectable but not much puck luck and too many mistakes.( I don't want to pick on Looch but he was god awful.) They picked our D apart more as the game went on and showed why they're a top team. Conner was great as usual. The End.

The Lightning aren't probably the best team in the league. They are undoubtedly the best team in the league. Assuming the Leafs beat Detroit today the Lightning head into the Christmas break six points better than any other team in the league. Only twice in the past 30 years has the best team in the league been better than that at the Christmas break, i.e. had more than a six point lead over the second best team in the league.

In 2006-07 Anaheim was on their way to their only Cup. F U Chris Pronger.

In 2001-02 Detroit had a dominant team on their way to win the Cup. Hasek, Lidstrom, Chelios, Shanahan, Hull, Robitaille, Yzerman and Fedorov. Eight hall of famers. What a stacked roster.

So yeah, playing equal with a dominant team up to five minutes left in the game ain't all that bad.

Re: Review: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #36) [message #725811 is a reply to message #725803 ]
Sun, 23 December 2018 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
overdue  is currently offline overdue

No Cups

shoop wrote on Sun, 23 December 2018 07:47

overdue wrote on Sun, 23 December 2018 06:48

The Lightning aren't probably the best team in the league. They are undoubtedly the best team in the league. Assuming the Leafs beat Detroit today the Lightning head into the Christmas break six points better than any other team in the league. Only twice in the past 30 years has the best team in the league been better than that at the Christmas break, i.e. had more than a six point lead over the second best team in the league.

In 2006-07 Anaheim was on their way to their only Cup. F U Chris Pronger.

In 2001-02 Detroit had a dominant team on their way to win the Cup. Hasek, Lidstrom, Chelios, Shanahan, Hull, Robitaille, Yzerman and Fedorov. Eight hall of famers. What a stacked roster.

So yeah, playing equal with a dominant team up to five minutes left in the game ain't all that bad.

Not a lot of weaknesses in their line up. What I like about Hitchcock is he will take the positives from the game and build on those instead of casting blame on certain players the way Mclellan use to. JP will continue to get better if he keeps playing him where he can get his confidence to a higher level and JJ was missed for what he brings. The defence is the biggest sore spot. The only way to make up the shortage right now is to play better team defence. You can't say for sure but I get the feeling it wouldn't have been close with Talbot in the net.

Re: Review: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #36) [message #725818 is a reply to message #725811 ]
Sun, 23 December 2018 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

overdue wrote on Sun, 23 December 2018 17:07

Not a lot of weaknesses in their line up. What I like about Hitchcock is he will take the positives from the game and build on those instead of casting blame on certain players the way Mclellan use to. JP will continue to get better if he keeps playing him where he can get his confidence to a higher level and JJ was missed for what he brings. The defence is the biggest sore spot. The only way to make up the shortage right now is to play better team defence. You can't say for sure but I get the feeling it wouldn't have been close with Talbot in the net.

Agreed. The Lightning are solid and should be the clear favourite to win the Cup.

Hitch is such a ray of sunshine as compared to McLellan. Hopefully Russell is back after the Christmas break.

Previous Topic:Pregame: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #37)
Next Topic:Oilers to make orange 3rd new home uni for 17/18
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca