This day on March 28
None

Happy Birthday To: miker0x, GuyF, bigmike, graveyardshift, bluemiler, jrrd, Bobfromengland

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Oilers to make orange 3rd new home uni for 17/18Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: Oilers to make orange 3rd new home uni for 17/18 [message #718178 is a reply to message #718177 ]
Tue, 04 September 2018 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WhoreableGuy  is currently offline WhoreableGuy

No Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Tue, 04 September 2018 10:28

New 3rd jerseys look to pay homage to the classic 80's Oilers. As someone said the other day, we haven't celebrated that team since February so this is nice.

https://twitter.com/EdmontonOilers/status/103700862352676044 9

Hahah, I laughed!

So as expected I guess. They are only wearing these 4 times though? I haven't bought an Adidas jersey yet so I will make a decision this year between the road white or this one.

"Bah Gawd! Would somebody stop the damn draft!"

- Jim Ross calling the NHL Draft Lotto 2015 as the Oilers win

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Oilers to make orange 3rd new home uni for 17/18 [message #718182 is a reply to message #718178 ]
Tue, 04 September 2018 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

WhoreableGuy wrote on Tue, 04 September 2018 10:36

New 3rd jerseys look to pay homage to the classic 80's Oilers. As someone said the other day, we haven't celebrated that team since February so this is nice.

Hahah, I laughed!

So as expected I guess. They are only wearing these 4 times though? I haven't bought an Adidas jersey yet so I will make a decision this year between the road white or this one.

I had to roll my eyes reading these called "retro". It's been one year since these were the home jerseys, and they're probably superior to the ones they're wearing now. Hard to call them retro when half the current team has hockey cards wearing these.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Oilers to make orange 3rd new home uni for 17/18 [message #718185 is a reply to message #718178 ]
Tue, 04 September 2018 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55 is currently online Kr55

6 Cups

Hahah, I laughed!

Hey now. This is celebrating 1 specific year, which was a pretty big one for the franchise. We can complain next year when we celebrate the 35th anniversary of the first cup win. Then next year will be the 35th of the next one. Then the next year can be the belated 30th anniversary celebration of the 90 cup win. Best to not do both of those at the same time, don't want to blow peoples minds.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: Oilers to make orange 3rd new home uni for 17/18 [message #718192 is a reply to message #718185 ]
Tue, 04 September 2018 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Tue, 04 September 2018 11:30

Hahah, I laughed!

Hey now. This is celebrating 1 specific year, which was a pretty big one for the franchise. We can complain next year when we celebrate the 35th anniversary of the first cup win. Then next year will be the 35th of the next one. Then the next year can be the belated 30th anniversary celebration of the 90 cup win. Best to not do both of those at the same time, don't want to blow peoples minds.

I wonder if Montreal has this issue at all, or if having multiple great eras made it so that they were capable of moving past that and focusing on the now...

I've always thought that the Habs were smart to make greats in to "Ambassadors" for the franchise, rather than handing them the reins and asking them to manage it. Although that hasn't stopped them handing key roles to alumni, but at least it means that guys like Richard and Beliveau weren't soiled by their mishandling of the management...

It bothers me to see the Hall of Fame guys involved with the management because it taints them with the wretched failure that's been the Lowe/MacTavish era Oilers.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55

Re: Oilers to make orange 3rd new home uni for 17/18 [message #718202 is a reply to message #718192 ]
Tue, 04 September 2018 13:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leia  is currently offline Leia

No Cups

I'm torn with this new jersey, I've always like this design as an Oilers jersey, preferred this to the 90 and 00's look with the Oilman on the shoulders. However, we redid this once before, we then brought this back and so why do it again. I know I'm in the minority by wanting to have the original McFarlane shirt back, but that was exactly what a 3rd jersey should be. Different to what we've got, a different logo and to be fair that was well thought out no matter what people say, everything had a meaning. The colours worked well. I'd rather a 3rd be that than a rehash of something previously, especially when it's already been done.

I would have bought a new 3rd jersey, but I've got a original of this one, so no need to buy again.

If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.

Re: Oilers to make orange 3rd new home uni for 17/18 [message #718223 is a reply to message #718202 ]
Tue, 04 September 2018 18:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

1 Cup

I remember watching the Apprentice, or maybe Celebrity Apprentice, one season and they were tasked with designing a marketing plan for some Trump property. And so both teams got to consult with a marketing company and came up with different ideas and angles. They had to do a big presentation to the Trumps, and at the end all the Trumps were just like "No, none of these are any good, we like big gold letters." or something similar.

I wonder if the 3rd jersey presentations went along a similar track. A bunch of interesting or different designs and then Kevin looks at Daryl and says:

"What about an 80's throwback?"

Wayne looks up, so startled he nearly spills his wine. Mark, leading as always, tears up a bit.

"KEVIN YOU GENIUS! YOU'VE DONE IT AGAIN!" shouts Katz, "Peter make it happen! But before you go, grab us another bottle from the cellar."

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Oilers to make orange 3rd new home uni for 17/18 [message #718232 is a reply to message #718185 ]
Tue, 04 September 2018 21:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55 is currently online Kr55

6 Cups

Hahah, I laughed!

I take it back. This isn't about the inaugural season, this is about the dynasty teams again. They omitted Hamilton from the patch who was on the team for the first season, and has his name in the rafters.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: Oilers to make orange 3rd new home uni for 17/18 [message #718247 is a reply to message #718232 ]
Wed, 05 September 2018 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Tue, 04 September 2018 21:23

Hahah, I laughed!

I take it back. This isn't about the inaugural season, this is about the dynasty teams again. They omitted Hamilton from the patch who was on the team for the first season, and has his name in the rafters.

The team has upset the old guard of reporters with this one. Matheson is even actually critical of the Oilers over this. It's takes a pretty big screw-up to for Matty to suggest there's something wrong!

Re: Oilers to make orange 3rd new home uni for 17/18 [message #718225 is a reply to message #718177 ]
Tue, 04 September 2018 19:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mightyreasoner  is currently offline mightyreasoner

No Cups

It's fine. Don't mess with a good thing, and it is a good jersey. I actually really like all three current jerseys (I'm a fan of the orange).

It's always fun to get something new and shiny, but this is a classic.

But with that said, sure hope the Oilers don't hope to sell many of these. Everyone already has one of these McDavid ones.

Re: Oilers to make orange 3rd new home uni for 17/18 [message #718213 is a reply to message #684797 ]
Tue, 04 September 2018 14:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Orange has run its course, please bring back the Navy home jerseys.
Look way sharper, meaner. There's a reason sports teams go for the dark colours for the home uniforms, way back to the Oakland Raider's black.

Hard to bring a convincing intimidation factor dressed up like a traffic pylon.

Also, when you are trying to find open spots on the ice, where the D man will forget about you for the moment it takes to shoot in a loose puck, orange will always catch your attention, that's why they use it for safety vests, its eye catching. JMHO.

Also.. liked the switch they made in the 90's from orange to copper .. closer representation of the namesake .. "oil" .. again JMHO. Actually that would be an interesting jersey all copper with Navy stripes and shoulder patches .. no white stripes.. sorry Meg.

...anyone know a website where you can make a custom jersey mock up with that criteria?

[Updated on: Tue, 04 September 2018 15:25]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Oilers to make orange 3rd new home uni for 17/18 [message #718214 is a reply to message #718213 ]
Tue, 04 September 2018 15:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leia  is currently offline Leia

No Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Tue, 04 September 2018 14:48

Look way sharper, meaner. There's a reason sports teams go for the dark colours for the home uniforms, way back to the Oakland Raider's black.

Also, when you are trying to find open spots on the ice, where the D man will forget about you for the moment it takes to shoot in a loose puck, orange will always catch your attention, that's why they use it for safety vests, its eye catching. JMHO.

Also.. liked the switch they made in the 90's from orange to copper .. closer representation of the namesake .. "oil" .. again JMHO. Actually that would be an interesting jersey all copper with Navy stripes and shoulder patches .. no white stripes.. sorry Meg.

...anyone know a website where you can make a custom jersey mock up with that criteria?

Icethetics have templates you can download and use to make the mock up if you can.

http://icethetics.squarespace.com/templates/

If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.

Re: Oilers to make orange 3rd new home uni for 17/18 [message #718218 is a reply to message #718214 ]
Tue, 04 September 2018 16:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Leia wrote on Tue, 04 September 2018 14:35

Icethetics have templates you can download and use to make the mock up if you can.

http://icethetics.squarespace.com/templates/

I made one (jpeg) but not sure how to post.. I don't have instagram or any other photo type account to post an image url..
it looks OK, but the "copper" colour/material would have to be just right, same with the navy, so it doesn't come off as being a shade of brown, maybe a material with a sheen to it would help.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Oilers to make orange 3rd new home uni for 17/18 [message #718246 is a reply to message #718213 ]
Wed, 05 September 2018 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Would you buy one of these?

https://i.imgur.com/k5Hy7hJ.jpg?1

Re: Oilers to make orange 3rd new home uni for 17/18 [message #725366 is a reply to message #684797 ]
Tue, 18 December 2018 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

I noticed watching some Condor's highlights that Bakersfield did the inverse color scheme for their home jersey. What do you guys think? Should the Oilers have used this dark blue as their third jersey? I think it looks cool.

https://i.ibb.co/YX9PV7G/2018-12-18-10-30-11.jpg

Re: Oilers to make orange 3rd new home uni for 17/18 [message #725415 is a reply to message #725366 ]
Tue, 18 December 2018 15:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Babaganoosh2.0  is currently offline Babaganoosh2.0

No Cups

WhoreableGuy wrote on Tue, 18 December 2018 10:35

I noticed watching some Condor's highlights that Bakersfield did the inverse color scheme for their home jersey. What do you guys think? Should the Oilers have used this dark blue as their third jersey? I think it looks cool.

That is freaking sweet!!!

PS> Can we move away from the Gulf Oil company colours. Pretty sure we dont need to impress those suits anymore.

[Updated on: Tue, 18 December 2018 15:16]

Re: Oilers to make orange 3rd new home uni for 17/18 [message #725425 is a reply to message #725415 ]
Tue, 18 December 2018 16:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

No Cups

Babaganoosh2.0 wrote on Tue, 18 December 2018 14:15

WhoreableGuy wrote on Tue, 18 December 2018 10:35

That is freaking sweet!!!

PS> Can we move away from the Gulf Oil company colours. Pretty sure we dont need to impress those suits anymore.

Gulf Oil hasn’t even existed for 33 years.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: Oilers to make orange 3rd new home uni for 17/18 [message #725416 is a reply to message #725366 ]
Tue, 18 December 2018 15:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

WhoreableGuy wrote on Tue, 18 December 2018 09:35

Turn the orange to copper and its a hit.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Oilers to make orange 3rd new home uni for 17/18 [message #725798 is a reply to message #725416 ]
Sun, 23 December 2018 01:30 Go to previous message
Xombie  is currently offline Xombie

No Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Tue, 18 December 2018 14:25

WhoreableGuy wrote on Tue, 18 December 2018 09:35

Turn the orange to copper and its a hit.

You know what, I agree that it's time to go copper again. Especially now the caps are off it we can own that scheme.

Bob Marley and the (Hartford) Wailers.

Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]  
Previous Topic:Review: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #36)
Next Topic:GDT: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #36)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca