This day on April 16
Acquired: Ty Conklin (2001)

Happy Birthday To: Ryno, Rifle, tollen, oiler-dude, oiler4life, Big T, MikeHawk, ryanbatty, jtb36, retirealreadymikekeane

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: Edmonton @ St. Louis (Game #28)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Review: Edmonton @ St. Louis (Game #28) [message #724142]
Wed, 05 December 2018 20:00 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final (OT) (SO)

Score Prediction
Login To See Your Results
No one predicted this!

Edmonton to win: 0%
St. Louis to win: 0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Edmonton @ St. Louis (Game #28) [message #724168 is a reply to message #724142 ]
Wed, 05 December 2018 20:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

McDavid makes it look so easy.

2 points snatched out of nowhere.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ St. Louis (Game #28) [message #724170 is a reply to message #724168 ]
Wed, 05 December 2018 20:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

inverno76 wrote on Wed, 05 December 2018 21:47

McDavid makes it look so easy.

2 points snatched out of nowhere.

Even when he’s visibly not 100% to that sickness

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Review: Edmonton @ St. Louis (Game #28) [message #724169 is a reply to message #724142 ]
Wed, 05 December 2018 20:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ragnarok73  is currently offline Ragnarok73

2 Cups

Yeah, I'm happy about the win, but having to eke one out against the 2nd worst team in the league doesn't exactly inspire a ton of confidence. If this were a better team, the Oil lose in regulation. Chia still has to go.

"There's no greater springboard to development than failure." - Craig MacTavish, April 13/15.

5-14-6-1

"Sabres think the suck is their ally? They merely adopted the suck. The Oilers were born in it...molded by it."

Re: Review: Edmonton @ St. Louis (Game #28) [message #724173 is a reply to message #724169 ]
Wed, 05 December 2018 20:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Ragnarok73 wrote on Wed, 05 December 2018 20:48

Yeah, I'm happy about the win, but having to eke one out against the 2nd worst team in the league doesn't exactly inspire a ton of confidence. If this were a better team, the Oil lose in regulation. Chia still has to go.

Better than the alternative. It wasn’t that many days ago we lost to LA. 2 points is 2 points. We beat a team we were suppose to beat. Put that in the bank. Move on. Get better.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ St. Louis (Game #28) [message #724171 is a reply to message #724142 ]
Wed, 05 December 2018 20:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

2 Cups

That's 2 points the ugly way.

Considering how bad DAL-STL road trip was last year, a split is probably good.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ St. Louis (Game #28) [message #724172 is a reply to message #724171 ]
Wed, 05 December 2018 20:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Babaganoosh2.0  is currently offline Babaganoosh2.0

No Cups

One win down. 7 to go and the eight game win streak is complete.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ St. Louis (Game #28) [message #724174 is a reply to message #724142 ]
Wed, 05 December 2018 20:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

Did Burke ride to the studio on a long board?

Nice lid gramps...

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: Review: Edmonton @ St. Louis (Game #28) [message #724175 is a reply to message #724142 ]
Wed, 05 December 2018 20:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Tabot needed that one. He kept us in it, kudos to him. Hopefully it sparks him to get back to the Talbot we came to love.

Finally scored while we had 6 skaters on the ice.

Another road trip where we gave up more points than we earned, thankfully it wasn’t to our own division but still teams we battle for the WC.

Would be nice to get some offense from that Brodziak line.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Edmonton @ St. Louis (Game #28) [message #724176 is a reply to message #724175 ]
Wed, 05 December 2018 21:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Wed, 05 December 2018 20:56

Tabot needed that one. He kept us in it, kudos to him. Hopefully it sparks him to get back to the Talbot we came to love.

Another road trip where we gave up more points than we earned, thankfully it wasn’t to our own division but still teams we battle for the WC.

Talbot did play well, but I hate the way he gives up on a play when he feels he is beat. It’s like he gives up and leaves an empty net. Drives me nuts. How many times a game do we see how a last ditch effort thwarts the shooter into rushing his shot?

He makes the easy save. He makes the harder saves with his positioning, but he hasn’t made the huge save in two years.

But thank you for the solid effort Dadbot and the 2 points in standings.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ St. Louis (Game #28) [message #724177 is a reply to message #724176 ]
Wed, 05 December 2018 21:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

No Cups

Nuge with a filthy shoot out goal, I actually felt bad for Allen.

Talbot finally has a good game at the same time the rest of the team is good too, and finally rewarded.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ St. Louis (Game #28) [message #724238 is a reply to message #724176 ]
Thu, 06 December 2018 20:26 Go to previous message
Xombie  is currently offline Xombie

No Cups

inverno76 wrote on Wed, 05 December 2018 20:02

Oscargasm wrote on Wed, 05 December 2018 20:56

Talbot did play well, but I hate the way he gives up on a play when he feels he is beat. It’s like he gives up and leaves an empty net. Drives me nuts. How many times a game do we see how a last ditch effort thwarts the shooter into rushing his shot?

He makes the easy save. He makes the harder saves with his positioning, but he hasn’t made the huge save in two years.

But thank you for the solid effort Dadbot and the 2 points in standings.

I noticed the exact same thing! Talbot kind of freezes when things are hopeless. After he makes a big save he freezes instead of diving for the improbable rebound save. Any effort would be better than freezing.

Never saw Cujo freeze back in '97 that's for sure hey Hitch?

Our new backup "Colonel Klink Kosko" has more of a never say die attitude.

[Updated on: Thu, 06 December 2018 20:28]

Bob Marley and the (Hartford) Wailers.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ St. Louis (Game #28) [message #724178 is a reply to message #724142 ]
Wed, 05 December 2018 21:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

That's 2 good games in a row for Talbot. Nice to see.

Abysmal 1st period, just laughable vs a team that has been struggling all year worse than us.

But, chipped away and thankfully made up for it.

#ExtendChia

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Edmonton @ St. Louis (Game #28) [message #724181 is a reply to message #724142 ]
Wed, 05 December 2018 21:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Oilers very lucky to get any points in this one.

The disallowed goal that should have counted. The non call on Klefbom.

Had Oscar not pounded that one with 55 seconds left, this review would be screaming blue murder. Instead it’s good times and Ched is praising Talbot with a Hasek-like performance.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ St. Louis (Game #28) [message #724182 is a reply to message #724181 ]
Wed, 05 December 2018 21:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

g2k wrote on Wed, 05 December 2018 22:15

Had Oscar not pounded that one with 55 seconds left, this review would be screaming blue murder. Instead it’s good times and Ched is praising Talbot with a Hasek-like performance.

I wouldn’t say good times. Still deep routed issues that showed in this one. It’s nice to see 2 points, but all in all it’s (likely) just feeding into a 9th/10th place finish in the conference.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Edmonton @ St. Louis (Game #28) [message #724184 is a reply to message #724182 ]
Wed, 05 December 2018 21:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Wed, 05 December 2018 21:22

I wouldn’t say good times. Still deep routed issues that showed in this one. It’s nice to see 2 points, but all in all it’s (likely) just feeding into a 9th/10th place finish in the conference.

Your avatar indicates good times. There is no denying. Who got the tying goal? More good times. You are shirt untucked drunken with good times.

You eyes are narrowed on the good times.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ St. Louis (Game #28) [message #724188 is a reply to message #724184 ]
Wed, 05 December 2018 21:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

g2k wrote on Wed, 05 December 2018 22:32

Oscargasm wrote on Wed, 05 December 2018 21:22

Your avatar indicates good times. There is no denying. Who got the tying goal? More good times. You are shirt untucked drunken with good times.

You eyes are narrowed on the good times.

I like you. Never change, no matter the times.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Edmonton @ St. Louis (Game #28) [message #724193 is a reply to message #724188 ]
Wed, 05 December 2018 22:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Babaganoosh2.0  is currently offline Babaganoosh2.0

No Cups

My takes from the game (I missed the first two STL goals):

Klefbom is turning into a real stud d-man. What is it? 7 points in 6 games now. Not too shabby.

Talbot looked really good. Then again I missed the two goals against. Was a brick wall from the second period on.

McDavid saved the game in overtime with that slick pick-pocketing of Tarasenko coming off the half boards. It was just a amazing play. Looks like he figured out my glitch goal from NHL 17 on his shoot out move.

That penalty in OT against Schenn was hilarious. To me it honestly looked like Nurse just tripped over his own feet. Schenn didn't even move his stick. Nice to see the other guys get stiffed once in a while.

Overall a good effort. Good results. Good times. Let the streak begin.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ St. Louis (Game #28) [message #724196 is a reply to message #724193 ]
Thu, 06 December 2018 00:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leia  is currently offline Leia

No Cups

I struggled through the first period, trying desperately not to shut my eyes and sleep, but even in my weary tiredness it was woeful.

I then shut my eyes, knowing I had the game on PVR, but that wasn't going to stop me.. It did as I only saw the last 10 minutes of the next two periods. However, it did seem like a different team out there from the first, but we constantly give juicy chances to the opposition no matter who is in net. I think coming here and reading the Talbot comments has swayed me as I was looking more for his failings than his positives, thankfully I saw none.

McDavid, wasn't at the races no matter how much NBC were trying to big him up, it was clear he was only at 85/90%. However that makes him a great player in the NHL. (He has to be like 40% to be considered human.)

As for the OT, was it just me or did Doc and Ed suggest that Oscar did OK and it wasn't a penalty? I accept that I was awake during the OT, but I sighed initially when seeing the rush, but head on from behind our goal there didn't seem like he'd done anything to justify a penalty, hence why it wasn't called. With regards the penalty shots, Nuge was cool as a cucumber, but McDavid was just plain rude with that one.

If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ St. Louis (Game #28) [message #724214 is a reply to message #724193 ]
Thu, 06 December 2018 09:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

Babaganoosh2.0 wrote on Wed, 05 December 2018 22:49

My takes from the game (I missed the first two STL goals):

Klefbom is turning into a real stud d-man. What is it? 7 points in 6 games now. Not too shabby.

Talbot looked really good. Then again I missed the two goals against. Was a brick wall from the second period on.

McDavid saved the game in overtime with that slick pick-pocketing of Tarasenko coming off the half boards. It was just a amazing play. Looks like he figured out my glitch goal from NHL 17 on his shoot out move.

That penalty in OT against Schenn was hilarious. To me it honestly looked like Nurse just tripped over his own feet. Schenn didn't even move his stick. Nice to see the other guys get stiffed once in a while.

Overall a good effort. Good results. Good times. Let the streak begin.

You and I can take credit for this win because I packed it in after the 2-0 goal, and you picked it up. 15 shots against, something like 5 shots for after the 1st. There was nothing in the Oilers game at that point that suggested they would dominate for the next 2 periods on the road and eventually come back to tiè. Allen was made to look pretty goofy by both Nuge and McDavid in the SO. Hopefully this represents a corner turned for Talbot.

[Updated on: Thu, 06 December 2018 09:53]

Re: Review: Edmonton @ St. Louis (Game #28) [message #724183 is a reply to message #724142 ]
Wed, 05 December 2018 21:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

A small MOGA ! Whew!

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: Edmonton @ St. Louis (Game #28) [message #724186 is a reply to message #724142 ]
Wed, 05 December 2018 21:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

We get 0 points tonight if Lucic is the 6th man for the push at the end. Allen gets to see that Klef shot the whole way.

Yay for Hitchcock.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Edmonton @ St. Louis (Game #28) [message #724187 is a reply to message #724186 ]
Wed, 05 December 2018 21:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Wed, 05 December 2018 20:44

We get 0 points tonight if Lucic is the 6th man for the push at the end. Allen gets to see that Klef shot the whole way.

Yay for Hitchcock.

I've noticed that Hitch is starting to identify the movers on this team, and play them accordingly .. gives me hope instead of nope.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: Edmonton @ St. Louis (Game #28) [message #724208 is a reply to message #724142 ]
Thu, 06 December 2018 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rocksteady  is currently offline Rocksteady

No Cups

No Duh statement of the year: Without McDavid the Oilers are nothing.

Paper thin depth on a roster that is spent to the cap. Remember the crazy days when the Oilers iced a competitive team and were one of the lowest payrolls in the NHL.. so sad.

Tablot has a nice game but that 1st.. eeeewww. That was hugly. (Hugely ugly), much better second and the 3rd was stay the course. McDavid at -97% is still 180% better than the rest of the team, just filthy, and we're darn luck to have him.

The very definition of insanity is doing the exact same thing expecting different results.

Generally Disappointed.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ St. Louis (Game #28) [message #724215 is a reply to message #724142 ]
Thu, 06 December 2018 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WhoreableGuy  is currently offline WhoreableGuy

No Cups

Rattie has got to get some more chances on McDavid's line. He didn't lose his spot when he went down to an injury. There's an automatic chemisty there.

"Bah Gawd! Would somebody stop the damn draft!"

- Jim Ross calling the NHL Draft Lotto 2015 as the Oilers win

Previous Topic:Pregame: Minnesota @ Edmonton (Game #29)
Next Topic:GDT: Edmonton @ St. Louis (Game #28)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca