This day on March 28
None

Happy Birthday To: miker0x, GuyF, bigmike, graveyardshift, bluemiler, jrrd, Bobfromengland

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: Edmonton @ Tampa (Game #15)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Review: Edmonton @ Tampa (Game #15) [message #721845]
Tue, 06 November 2018 20:00 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final

Score Prediction
Login To See Your Results
No one predicted this!

Edmonton to win: 0%
Tampa Bay to win: 0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Tampa (Game #15) [message #721847 is a reply to message #721845 ]
Tue, 06 November 2018 20:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

I’m not hanging this one on the goalie. First 2 were snipes that would have beaten Talbot anyway. The third goal was a double screen deflection. Fourth one was a bit iffy.

I would get him back in as soon as possible to be honest. I wouldn’t want him sitting on this 5 goal loss very long being how solid he’s been for the most part.

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Tampa (Game #15) [message #721849 is a reply to message #721845 ]
Tue, 06 November 2018 20:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

1 Cup

No chance a Joel Quenneville team loses that game.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Tampa (Game #15) [message #721850 is a reply to message #721845 ]
Tue, 06 November 2018 20:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WhoreableGuy  is currently offline WhoreableGuy

No Cups

I actually liked the effort aside from the first 5 or so minutes. Refs weren’t too kind, I thought the Oilers showed some good legs for majority of the game. I liked the edge in the 3rd. They were playing the best team in the east, play like that against the Pacific teams they should win the majority of them.

"Bah Gawd! Would somebody stop the damn draft!"

- Jim Ross calling the NHL Draft Lotto 2015 as the Oilers win

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Tampa (Game #15) [message #721851 is a reply to message #721850 ]
Tue, 06 November 2018 21:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ragnarok73  is currently offline Ragnarok73

2 Cups

So, I hear Joel is suddenly available in the coach market.

"There's no greater springboard to development than failure." - Craig MacTavish, April 13/15.

5-14-6-1

"Sabres think the suck is their ally? They merely adopted the suck. The Oilers were born in it...molded by it."

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Tampa (Game #15) [message #721852 is a reply to message #721845 ]
Tue, 06 November 2018 21:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

lol, McLellan still won't say a single thing about the refs after another embarrassing display at our expense. Coward.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Tampa (Game #15) [message #721854 is a reply to message #721852 ]
Tue, 06 November 2018 22:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

No Cups

Kr55 wrote on Tue, 06 November 2018 20:41

lol, McLellan still won't say a single thing about the refs after another embarrassing display at our expense. Coward.

But he’ll throw players under the bus without pause. Paging Joel.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Tampa (Game #15) [message #721857 is a reply to message #721854 ]
Wed, 07 November 2018 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

It is time to send Yamamoto down. He sat a couple of games, comes back in and he did nothing. I think there is a player there, he's just not ready. Make the right call Oilers.

For the game. The 4th line was not good. Something is up with McDavid as he is not being McDavid. When your best player isn't that good, you as a team won't win a lot of games. For the Oilers, there is even less of a chance they win when McDavid isn't good. As I mentioned, Yamo was not good which is surprising given he sat for a few games. The second pairing was not good. Russell has been really good all year, easily the best on the second pair, he had a tough night. Nurse has not been good for a while now. He gets away with things because he is such a good skater but his decision making has been lousy lately.

For the good, I am glad that Strome finally scored. Maybe that will open the flood gates for the 3rd line as they have had a lot of really good chances, just haven't cashed in.

I thought for a tired team playing against the hands down best team in the league the Oilers were in the fight and had a lot of chances but Vasilevsky was freaking outstanding. Man he is good.

[Updated on: Wed, 07 November 2018 08:47]

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Tampa (Game #15) [message #721860 is a reply to message #721857 ]
Wed, 07 November 2018 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GabbyDugan  is currently offline GabbyDugan

No Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Wed, 07 November 2018 08:37

It is time to send Yamamoto down. He sat a couple of games, comes back in and he did nothing. I think there is a player there, he's just not ready. Make the right call Oilers.

I'm not an NHL General Manager, just a fan, but I also think sending Yamamoto to Bakersfield would be the right thing...Puljujarvi, too...20 year old hockey players need to play hockey, not just practice and sit in the press box....I'm sure both players would get a lot of quality ice time and confidence through Jay Woodcroft and the Bakersfield coaching staff, plus have more practice time than the Oilers' schedule permits....

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Tampa (Game #15) [message #721864 is a reply to message #721860 ]
Wed, 07 November 2018 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

GabbyDugan wrote on Wed, 07 November 2018 09:09

I'm not an NHL General Manager, just a fan, but I also think sending Yamamoto to Bakersfield would be the right thing...Puljujarvi, too...20 year old hockey players need to play hockey, not just practice and sit in the press box....I'm sure both players would get a lot of quality ice time and confidence through Jay Woodcroft and the Bakersfield coaching staff, plus have more practice time than the Oilers' schedule permits....

Yup, assign them both. They're not contributing in the lineup and they're not developing here. Cycling in and out of the lineup at the NHL level like 13th/14th forwards is not helping them, they're not contributing when inserted in the top 6 and they're not effective as bottom 6 forwards. Get them to Bakersfield and build some success into the roles/assignments they project to down the road as NHL players.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Tampa (Game #15) [message #721865 is a reply to message #721860 ]
Wed, 07 November 2018 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

GabbyDugan wrote on Wed, 07 November 2018 09:09

Young players like Yamo and JP should not be sitting in the pressbox much. Does giving them a game to reset and sit up and watch with an assistant coach having them telling them what they see or what to look for hurt them? No but they need to play and play a lot. I like Yamo and JP. I think they have a bright future for the Oilers but in no way do I think they should be playing big minutes for the Oilers right now because they aren't ready for it. They need to be in Bakersfield playing big minutes, playing in all situations and getting developed by Woodcroft as offensive guys. Based on the stats, it looks like there are actual offensive guys in Bakersfield finally. Based on the stats, whatever Woodcroft is doing offensively is working. Get them down to Bakersfield and develop. They can call up Brad Malone to be the 13th forward and have him sit in the pressbox. He's a 29, going to be 30 yr old guy in May. You aren't hurting him or his development having him sit.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Tampa (Game #15) [message #721866 is a reply to message #721845 ]
Wed, 07 November 2018 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

1 Cup

Lucic getting a phone hearing;

https://www.tsn.ca/lucic-to-have-phone-hearing-for-blindside -hit-on-joseph-1.1205625

While I dont like jumping a guy necessarily, something had to be done with Joseph. He had been running around for a while.

Also nice to see everyone jumping in to help. McDavid got in quick, Nurse dropped his gloves and was ready to hammer on Killorn. Rattie standing between a Lighting player and Lucic once the lineman pulled Lucic away then gave a solid shove.
After years of Oilers players standing around when stuff like this went down I liked the all for one mentality in the scrum

Survivor LX(I) and 67 Champ(i)on

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 12:21

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Tampa (Game #15) [message #721867 is a reply to message #721866 ]
Wed, 07 November 2018 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

I am glad Lucic did that. Enough is enough. I thought Washington was allowed to get away with a lot. Tampa was just as bad and that rookie drilled Russell with a dirt hit. That is a dangerous play, is supposed to be something the league takes serious and trying to get out of the game and can't be allowed. That was a dirty hit and the guy got nothing for it.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Tampa (Game #15) [message #721870 is a reply to message #721845 ]
Wed, 07 November 2018 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

What a load of s**t, all Lucic did was knock the clown down, and b**ch slap him a couple of times, if Paros wants to suspend him Lucic should go to the NHLPA, the NHL should actually applaud Lucic, and give him a bonus, he was doing the job the refs should have been doing, getting the dangerous injuries out of the league, that punk should have got at least 2, maybe 5 as #4 got cut.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Tampa (Game #15) [message #721871 is a reply to message #721870 ]
Wed, 07 November 2018 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

What I think is a joke is they are calling it a blindside hit. If you want to call it stalking him, fine go for it. You want to call him for the punch, go for it. IF as a league you want to fine him or give him 1 game, I can accept that. But it wasn't a blindside hit. Lucic was stalking him down, the guy saw him coming, he waited until he turned and drilled him in the shoulder. This Joseph is 6'0, 190 soaking wet 21 yr old. Lucic is a 6'3, 231, 30 yr old man. He has 40 lbs on the guy and he went in there with the intent to hit him as hard he possibly could and he did. If a man who is a legit 40 lbs heavier comes in trying to hit you as hard as he can, you will go flying.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Tampa (Game #15) [message #721874 is a reply to message #721871 ]
Wed, 07 November 2018 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Wed, 07 November 2018 10:32

What I think is a joke is they are calling it a blindside hit. If you want to call it stalking him, fine go for it. You want to call him for the punch, go for it. IF as a league you want to fine him or give him 1 game, I can accept that. But it wasn't a blindside hit. Lucic was stalking him down, the guy saw him coming, he waited until he turned and drilled him in the shoulder. This Joseph is 6'0, 190 soaking wet 21 yr old. Lucic is a 6'3, 231, 30 yr old man. He has 40 lbs on the guy and he went in there with the intent to hit him as hard he possibly could and he did. If a man who is a legit 40 lbs heavier comes in trying to hit you as hard as he can, you will go flying.

They're claiming a "bling side" hit? rofl lmao
Paros is a joke, some Ivy league plug who thinks he's going to make a name for himself now with NHL management.
Joseph knew Lucic was there breathing over his shoulder his entire shift, Lucic was following him around tapping him on the legs telling the punk what a POS he was, Joseph just chose to try and pretend he wasn't there so he didn't have to deal with him face to face, he turtled the entire shift.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Tampa (Game #15) [message #721875 is a reply to message #721874 ]
Wed, 07 November 2018 14:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Lucic got a 10K fine for roughing. The league is a joke.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Tampa (Game #15) [message #721876 is a reply to message #721875 ]
Wed, 07 November 2018 14:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

RDOilerfan wrote on Wed, 07 November 2018 14:24

Russell will buy him a used Prius as a thank you and he is pretty much even.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Tampa (Game #15) [message #721877 is a reply to message #721876 ]
Wed, 07 November 2018 14:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Magnum  is currently offline Magnum

No Cups

1 and 2 since sending Bouchard down...

2015/2016 - This Kool-Aid tastes like McDavid flavoured Drain-O.
2016/2017 - This Kool-Aid is starting to taste like juice.
2017/2018 - I'm drinking this Kool-Aid, in hopes that it's Drain-O.
2018/2019 - Another round of Drain-O, good sir!

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Tampa (Game #15) [message #721878 is a reply to message #721877 ]
Wed, 07 November 2018 15:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Magnum wrote on Wed, 07 November 2018 14:37

0-2 since McLellan bragged in a post game about all his awesome system changes.

Defensive level of effort did fall off a cliff these last 2 games. Lots of offensive push, but our players forgot to care as much about their own end. Lots of brain farts and wide open guys.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Tampa (Game #15) [message #721880 is a reply to message #721878 ]
Wed, 07 November 2018 15:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Wed, 07 November 2018 15:02

Defensive level of effort did fall off a cliff these last 2 games. Lots of offensive push, but our players forgot to care as much about their own end. Lots of brain farts and wide open guys.

Well. they also played two really good teams with extremely dynamic offenses. It might just have been a case of the Oilers playing a better opponent. Subtext: McLellan's system changes are still golden.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Tampa (Game #15) [message #721881 is a reply to message #721880 ]
Wed, 07 November 2018 15:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Wed, 07 November 2018 15:08

Well. they also played two really good teams with extremely dynamic offenses. It might just have been a case of the Oilers playing a better opponent. Subtext: McLellan's system changes are still golden.

that's certainly part of it. That Tampa game was pretty hopeless no matter what. That Washington game though, probably could have been had if we played like we did vs the caps last time. Some very dumb breakdowns, and our usual thing being scared to take shots that don't look like prime scoring chances on a backup goalie.

And yes, for sure, McLellan is infallible, for now, and forever.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Tampa (Game #15) [message #721882 is a reply to message #721881 ]
Wed, 07 November 2018 15:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Kr55 wrote on Wed, 07 November 2018 15:09

CrusaderPi wrote on Wed, 07 November 2018 15:08

that's certainly part of it. That Tampa game was pretty hopeless no matter what. That Washington game though, probably could have been had if we played like we did vs the caps last time. Some very dumb breakdowns, and our usual thing being scared to take shots that don't look like prime scoring chances on a backup goalie.

And yes, for sure, McLellan is infallible, for now, and forever.

Hey would you guys be okay with McLellan sticking around until the end of his contract if they brought back Boston Pizza at the rink? I would.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Tampa (Game #15) [message #721883 is a reply to message #721875 ]
Wed, 07 November 2018 15:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Money well spent.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Tampa (Game #15) [message #721884 is a reply to message #721883 ]
Wed, 07 November 2018 15:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Wed, 07 November 2018 15:34

Money well spent.

So wait, the Oilers still have to play him Thursday? Shoot.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Tampa (Game #15) [message #721885 is a reply to message #721884 ]
Wed, 07 November 2018 15:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Wed, 07 November 2018 15:45

Money well spent.

Yes, DoPS trolling us. They knew suspending him for games would have helped the Oilers :)

Just hope they don't come up with a new kind of suspension if he is in trouble again. Like, a suspension where a team has to play the punished player on their 1st PP unit or first line for X number of games.

[Updated on: Wed, 07 November 2018 16:03]

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Tampa (Game #15) [message #721888 is a reply to message #721885 ]
Wed, 07 November 2018 20:15 Go to previous message
Xombie  is currently offline Xombie

No Cups

Kr55 wrote on Wed, 07 November 2018 14:49

CrusaderPi wrote on Wed, 07 November 2018 15:45

Money well spent.

Yes, DoPS trolling us. They knew suspending him for games would have helped the Oilers :)

Just hope they don't come up with a new kind of suspension if he is in trouble again. Like, a suspension where a team has to play the punished player on their 1st PP unit or first line for X number of games.

The "McLellan Special" suspension?

I thought sitting through a PP with Toby Peterson was as bad as it could get!

Maybe since the league hates Canada and Edmonton especially, the next time Looch goes off they suspend Connor?

Bob Marley and the (Hartford) Wailers.

Previous Topic:Pregame: Edmonton @ Florida (Game #16)
Next Topic:GDT: Edmonton @ Tampa (Game #15)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca