F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Speculation » Chia's next tradePages (2): [1  2  >  »]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Chia's next trade [message #720776]
Tue, 23 October 2018 15:17 Go to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

No Cups

This seems like exactly the sort of player Chiarelli likes to acquire.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=145014

Look at these stat lines:

Big!
Slow!
Drafted by the Islanders!

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Chia's next trade [message #720778 is a reply to message #720776 ]
Tue, 23 October 2018 15:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

4 games of NHL experience too!

This is fine.

Re: Chia's next trade [message #720780 is a reply to message #720776 ]
Tue, 23 October 2018 15:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

We've picked over the 2012 and 2011 drafts for under-performing picks, so maybe it does make sense to move to 2014 now. No one in the single digits flamed out in 2013, but there's several candidates in 2014!

"This team needs an enema!"
#FireLowe #FireMacT #FireHowson #FireBuchberger #FireHowsonAgain #FireChiarelli #FireMcLellan #FireBobbyNicks and...SIGH...#FireTheGretzkys

Re: Chia's next trade [message #720794 is a reply to message #720776 ]
Tue, 23 October 2018 18:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

For Pulju, Benning and a 2nd round pick?

"The Edmonton Oilers are not where they should be right now and that is unacceptable. We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

"Next year (15/16) I would forecast as another developmental year"
- #2, April 2015

Re: Chia's next trade [message #720799 is a reply to message #720776 ]
Tue, 23 October 2018 18:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oilertime  is currently offline Oilertime

No Cups

And automatically assume he'll put up 60 pts since he was drafted 5th overall!

https://twitter.com/Reggie__11

Re: Chia's next trade [message #720956 is a reply to message #720776 ]
Thu, 25 October 2018 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rocksteady  is currently offline Rocksteady

2 Cups

I think you have to offer a no move clause as well.

The very definition of insanity is doing the exact same thing expecting different results.

Generally Disappointed.

Re: Chia's next trade [message #720974 is a reply to message #720776 ]
Thu, 25 October 2018 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

No Cups

And with every radio host in Edmonton talking about trading JP because he's not succeeding in Todd's system I guess we know what is going the other way.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Chia's next trade [message #720991 is a reply to message #720974 ]
Thu, 25 October 2018 17:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mightyreasoner  is currently offline mightyreasoner

2 Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Thu, 25 October 2018 12:57

And with every radio host in Edmonton talking about trading JP because he's not succeeding in Todd's system I guess we know what is going the other way.

Getting hosed by the Islanders on a deal for a young player? Yeah, that definitely checks out.

Re: Chia's next trade [message #720992 is a reply to message #720991 ]
Thu, 25 October 2018 17:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

mightyreasoner wrote on Thu, 25 October 2018 17:01

CrudeRemarks wrote on Thu, 25 October 2018 12:57

Getting hosed by the Islanders on a deal for a young player? Yeah, that definitely checks out.

Snow got fired at least. Maybe it's too intimidating to deal with Lou. He's not popular like Chia...

#FireLowe #FireMacT #FireHowson #FireBuchberger #FireHowsonAgain #FireChiarelli #FireMcLellan #FireBobbyNicks and...SIGH...#FireTheGretzkys

Re: Chia's next trade [message #727376 is a reply to message #720776 ]
Mon, 14 January 2019 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Ryan Rishaug @TSNRyanRishaug
Oilers organization is on a full court press to find help at forward. Scouts and staff deployed en masse.

Cap situation could make it tough, but first round pick, a goaltender, maybe a young developing forward likely all in play.

I'm scared..

"The Edmonton Oilers are not where they should be right now and that is unacceptable. We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Chia's next trade [message #727378 is a reply to message #727376 ]
Mon, 14 January 2019 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 14 January 2019 11:25

Oilers organization is on a full court press to find help at forward. Scouts and staff deployed en masse.

Cap situation could make it tough, but first round pick, a goaltender, maybe a young developing forward likely all in play.

I'm scared..

This is fine.

This is fine.

Re: Chia's next trade [message #727383 is a reply to message #727378 ]
Mon, 14 January 2019 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

5 Cups

Nuge for an AHL plug, straight up. That would be Chia's style and the perfect exclamation point on his career here.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: Chia's next trade [message #727398 is a reply to message #727378 ]
Mon, 14 January 2019 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

2 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Mon, 14 January 2019 12:34

I'm scared..

This is fine.

Stauffer talking about the tweet on Oilers Now, right meow

Survivor 52 CHAMP

Re: Chia's next trade [message #727385 is a reply to message #727376 ]
Mon, 14 January 2019 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 14 January 2019 12:25

I'm scared..

Ah. I had posted this in the ‘Playoffs save chia’ thread. My bad.

Interesting to see if the young forward mentioned is JP or Yams. AND I’d imagine if they move a goalie it would be Talbot. More $$$$ but believe he’s more sought after than Koskinen.

Truly believe that there could be a good deal with Carolina that sees Ferland and Hamilton come to Edmonton.

Though, crazy that Chiarelli was claiming he had to shore up the D with those latest trades and is now full force going after a forward.

Survivor 52 CHAMP

Re: Chia's next trade [message #727390 is a reply to message #727385 ]
Mon, 14 January 2019 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Mon, 14 January 2019 11:43

I'm scared..

Interesting to see if the young forward mentioned is JP or Yams. AND I’d imagine if they move a goalie it would be Talbot. More $$$$ but believe he’s more sought after than Koskinen.

Truly believe that there could be a good deal with Carolina that sees Ferland and Hamilton come to Edmonton.

Though, crazy that Chiarelli was claiming he had to shore up the D with those latest trades and is now full force going after a forward.

I'm thinking someone like Pulju and a 1st for Erikson Ek. Erikson Ek isn't sexy of course, but he may have hidden offensive potential. His possible potential that Chia insists is there makes it cost the extra 1st round pick.

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Chia's next trade [message #727395 is a reply to message #727390 ]
Mon, 14 January 2019 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 14 January 2019 12:56

I'm scared..

I'm thinking someone like Pulju and a 1st for Erikson Ek. Erikson Ek isn't sexy of course, but he may have hidden offensive potential. His possible potential that Chia insists is there makes it cost the extra 1st round pick.

I’ve thought for a bit now, still do, that Carolina would be a great trade partner for us to address both the forward group and the d. I know Ferland is UFA at the end of the year, but I think he’d be a solid add to our top 6, and despite what some say about Hamilton’s personality or whatever, I’d take him in a heart beat if possible. They also have 2 goalies, cheaper than ours, also on the final deal of their current contracts. Maybe something could be worked like this;

Talbot(4.166), JP(.925) , Spooner(3.1) and the 2019 1 (8.191M total)
For
Hamilton(5.75), Ferland (1.75) and McElhinney(.850) (8.35M total)

Survivor 52 CHAMP

Re: Chia's next trade [message #727397 is a reply to message #727390 ]
Mon, 14 January 2019 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 14 January 2019 11:56

I'm scared..

The other great thing about this is that it gives the Oilers more ammo to say that's who they REALLY wanted with the pick that they gave up for Reinhart. The Oilers do love to acquire the guys they once coveted years later too...

Re: Chia's next trade [message #727396 is a reply to message #727385 ]
Mon, 14 January 2019 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

I'm scared..

Koskinen has a no-trade clause, so unless they're convincing him it's a move up, he's probably not the target. Both goalies being UFAs means the value attached to them is pretty limited. It's not like there's a lot of playoff teams who don't have at least one quality goalie.

That said, I guess we did get Tom Gilbert for the shell of Tommy Salo once upon a time, so anything is possible.

This sort of tweet scares me. I don't think we have the right person in place to be dealing young developing forwards or first round picks...

Not to mention, the fact the organization is putting it out there that they're scrambling the troops here is laughably bad. They should always be out scouting - not in a mad panic just ahead of a trade. They shouldn't be signalling desperation to other teams (although Pete Chiarelli stammering his way through a trade call probably does that every time anyhow). You wonder if the team has a wish list or a firm ask from the market or if they are doing anything beyond calling teams and saying - "Hey, Pete here. What would you give me for Puljujarvi, Talbot and a first? I'm really thinking first line...err... or maybe second line forward of some sort?"

Re: Chia's next trade [message #727401 is a reply to message #727396 ]
Mon, 14 January 2019 12:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

4 Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 14 January 2019 12:17

I'm scared..

Koskinen has a no-trade clause, so unless they're convincing him it's a move up, he's probably not the target. Both goalies being UFAs means the value attached to them is pretty limited. It's not like there's a lot of playoff teams who don't have at least one quality goalie.

That said, I guess we did get Tom Gilbert for the shell of Tommy Salo once upon a time, so anything is possible.

This sort of tweet scares me. I don't think we have the right person in place to be dealing young developing forwards or first round picks...

Not to mention, the fact the organization is putting it out there that they're scrambling the troops here is laughably bad. They should always be out scouting - not in a mad panic just ahead of a trade. They shouldn't be signalling desperation to other teams (although Pete Chiarelli stammering his way through a trade call probably does that every time anyhow). You wonder if the team has a wish list or a firm ask from the market or if they are doing anything beyond calling teams and saying - "Hey, Pete here. What would you give me for Puljujarvi, Talbot and a first? I'm really thinking first line...err... or maybe second line forward of some sort?"

I have to think that the No Move is more so Koskinen can't be sent down to the AHL. He was a high end starter in the KHL, going to the AHL is a step down. So if the Oilers had a trade and came to him and said "this team needs goaltending help so you will play" vs staying in Edmonton and splitting time, I have a hard time believing he'd say no. He wants to get another NHL contract.

Re: Chia's next trade [message #727432 is a reply to message #727401 ]
Mon, 14 January 2019 15:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 14 January 2019 12:29

I have to think that the No Move is more so Koskinen can't be sent down to the AHL. He was a high end starter in the KHL, going to the AHL is a step down. So if the Oilers had a trade and came to him and said "this team needs goaltending help so you will play" vs staying in Edmonton and splitting time, I have a hard time believing he'd say no. He wants to get another NHL contract.

A playoff-bound team is not likely to come offering the Oilers a top-six forward. Those teams will need those types of players for the playoffs. That means that the Oilers are more likely browsing the cupboards of those teams who are not in a playoff race. Those guys are less likely to need a goalie, especially a UFA goalie, unless it's to even out the money. And for Koskinen, who has a no-move clause there's no real benefit to going to another team that also sits out of a playoff spot. His year ends in April either way, and he'll have to win over another coaching staff.

The good news for Koskinen is that other teams don't seem to trust in the results that are generated by Oilers netminders. Most of them get another shot. Nilsson is still in the NHL, Brossoit latched on with Winnipeg. Dubnyk became a great bounceback story. Koskinen's numbers are good enough that he's going to get a contract with someone else after this season, so why move unless you're going to a contender?

I don't think anyone really wants to move for a 2- to 3-month job. It means living out of a hotel, while in a spot that you are unlikely to ever truly feel like part of the team since everyone knows you're likely gone at year's end.

Re: Chia's next trade [message #727402 is a reply to message #727376 ]
Mon, 14 January 2019 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Magnum  is currently offline Magnum

2 Cups

I'm scared..

I wonder what's coming back?

I hear Drake Caggiula scores at a decent clip!
Maybe Benoit Pouliot? He's got 14 goals this year.

2015/2016 - This Kool-Aid tastes like McDavid flavoured Drain-O.
2016/2017 - This Kool-Aid is starting to taste like juice.
2017/2018 - I'm drinking this Kool-Aid, in hopes that it's Drain-O.
2018/2019 - Another round of Drain-O, good sir!

Re: Chia's next trade [message #727404 is a reply to message #727402 ]
Mon, 14 January 2019 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Magnum wrote on Mon, 14 January 2019 12:30

I'm scared..

I wonder what's coming back?

I hear Drake Caggiula scores at a decent clip!
Maybe Benoit Pouliot? He's got 14 goals this year.

Aberg, Strome.

It was pretty hit and miss before if a guy would do better after leaving this team, but it has turned oddly consistently lately.

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Chia's next trade [message #727406 is a reply to message #727404 ]
Mon, 14 January 2019 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Magnum  is currently offline Magnum

2 Cups

Interestingly, Leslie and Ryan are pretty close in the scoring race this year. At least in terms of goals.

2015/2016 - This Kool-Aid tastes like McDavid flavoured Drain-O.
2016/2017 - This Kool-Aid is starting to taste like juice.
2017/2018 - I'm drinking this Kool-Aid, in hopes that it's Drain-O.
2018/2019 - Another round of Drain-O, good sir!

Re: Chia's next trade [message #727408 is a reply to message #727406 ]
Mon, 14 January 2019 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jakey  is currently offline Jakey

No Cups

I spoke to an NHL scout & he suggested the following.....

Tarasenko ($7.5 Million) + Maroon ($1.750 Million - $.750K retained), 2 contracts (AHL) & a 2019 3rd rd pick

for

JP($1 million), Samorukov, Spooner ($3.1 Million), Kassian ($1.95 Million), Benning ($1.9 Million) & 1st rd pick (lottery protected)

Oilers Cap hit = $ 8.25 Million Blues Cap Hit = $ 8 million

I find it a little interesting. Maroon can't skate well, but maybe he can finish some plays and poke a few in the back of then net? Tarasenko is 27 now and has cost certainty & has scored 30+ goals.

Oilers give up JP who may be a 2nd liner eventually? Samorukov looks like a heck of a prospect with size, skating and a big shot. He did really well in World Juniors. Then the 1st rd pick is a top 15 pick most likely. The rest (Spooner, Kassian & Benning) is to balance off the cap hit for Tarasenko.

So basically it is Tarasenko, a cheaper Maroon & 3rd pick
for
1st rd pick, JP & Samorukov

I think the Blues seriously consider something like this and the Oilers should too. I don't like giving up 1st rounders and good young talent, but getting Tarasenko would be big IMO. He has 4 more years at $7.5 million which would make him 32 when his contract is up. I can live with that. Samorukov is the big fish I would worry that got away.

I think I would do this type of trade. Do the Blues?

Thoughts?

Re: Chia's next trade [message #727409 is a reply to message #727408 ]
Mon, 14 January 2019 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

4 Cups

Jakey wrote on Mon, 14 January 2019 13:38

Tarasenko ($7.5 Million) + Maroon ($1.750 Million - $.750K retained), 2 contracts (AHL) & a 2019 3rd rd pick

for

JP($1 million), Samorukov, Spooner ($3.1 Million), Kassian ($1.95 Million), Benning ($1.9 Million) & 1st rd pick (lottery protected)

I find it a little interesting. Maroon can't skate well, but maybe he can finish some plays and poke a few in the back of then net? Tarasenko is 27 now and has cost certainty & has scored 30+ goals.

Oilers give up JP who may be a 2nd liner eventually? Samorukov looks like a heck of a prospect with size, skating and a big shot. He did really well in World Juniors. Then the 1st rd pick is a top 15 pick most likely. The rest (Spooner, Kassian & Benning) is to balance off the cap hit for Tarasenko.

for

I think the Blues seriously consider something like this and the Oilers should too. I don't like giving up 1st rounders and good young talent, but getting Tarasenko would be big IMO. He has 4 more years at $7.5 million which would make him 32 when his contract is up. I can live with that. Samorukov is the big fish I would worry that got away.

Thoughts?

That's a massive trade. You don't see a lot of trades that big anymore. So the Oilers are giving up JP who's at worst probably a top 9 forward, best case a real good, 2 way second liner for the next decade. Samoruko is 19 so probably 2-3 yrs before he's maybe cracking the NHL. He could be a, decent sized, good skating, puck moving dman with some offense. Probably top end is a second pairing guy. The wild card is the first rounder.

They are getting you hope is 30 goals for the next 4 seasons. Big price to pay.

Re: Chia's next trade [message #727436 is a reply to message #727408 ]
Mon, 14 January 2019 15:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Jakey wrote on Mon, 14 January 2019 13:38

for

for

Thoughts?

I think I'd do the trade too. It's giving up a bunch of future maybes for a guy who's good now.

I might want to poke around a little and see if I could catch any wind of what's going wrong in St. Louis, but as long as there's no hidden red flags, that sounds like the kind of trade that you're more likely to win...

Re: Chia's next trade [message #727547 is a reply to message #727436 ]
Tue, 15 January 2019 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NZ Oiler Fan  is currently offline NZ Oiler Fan

1 Cup

Watch us go and give up something like Talbot/JP and the 1st for a declining Wayne Simmonds.

Re: Chia's next trade [message #727551 is a reply to message #727547 ]
Tue, 15 January 2019 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GabbyDugan is currently online GabbyDugan

1 Cup

Some Oiler-related trade speculation over at TSN; mostly a rehash of what has been discussed here and elsewhere ad nauseum.

https://www.tsn.ca/countdown-to-tradecentre-who-s-in-play-in -edmonton-1.1241681

"Staples believes the Oilers could afford to part with either Cam Talbot or Mikko Koskinen in net and call up AHL netminder Shane Starrett to serve as the team's backup. He argues, however, that choosing the wrong goaltender to trade away could cost the team a playoff spot. Staples notes that Chiarelli has failed to improve the team's fortunes with two of his moves this season - trading Ryan Strome for Ryan Spooner and moving Drake Caggiula for Brandon Manning. However, he believes the Oilers should still try improve their club for a playoff run."

If the Oilers do get rid of a goalie, who pays for the NMC provisions that are in both contracts? Starrett is doing fairly well as a rookie in Bakersfield, but we all know how the transition to the NHL has gone for young goalies in the Oiler system. And, much as I realize very few, if any, of the young players in Bakersfield will ever have significant NHL careers, I'm still hoping the Oilers keep them in their control and see what happens.

Re: Chia's next trade [message #727555 is a reply to message #727551 ]
Tue, 15 January 2019 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

GabbyDugan wrote on Tue, 15 January 2019 09:37

Some Oiler-related trade speculation over at TSN; mostly a rehash of what has been discussed here and elsewhere ad nauseum.

https://www.tsn.ca/countdown-to-tradecentre-who-s-in-play-in -edmonton-1.1241681

"Staples believes the Oilers could afford to part with either Cam Talbot or Mikko Koskinen in net and call up AHL netminder Shane Starrett to serve as the team's backup. He argues, however, that choosing the wrong goaltender to trade away could cost the team a playoff spot. Staples notes that Chiarelli has failed to improve the team's fortunes with two of his moves this season - trading Ryan Strome for Ryan Spooner and moving Drake Caggiula for Brandon Manning. However, he believes the Oilers should still try improve their club for a playoff run."

If the Oilers do get rid of a goalie, who pays for the NMC provisions that are in both contracts? Starrett is doing fairly well as a rookie in Bakersfield, but we all know how the transition to the NHL has gone for young goalies in the Oiler system. And, much as I realize very few, if any, of the young players in Bakersfield will ever have significant NHL careers, I'm still hoping the Oilers keep them in their control and see what happens.

It’s a shame, as we finally appear to have 2 capable NHL goalies. Though if one of them is moved I believe it would be Talbot.

Survivor 52 CHAMP

Re: Chia's next trade [message #727573 is a reply to message #727551 ]
Tue, 15 January 2019 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Goose  is currently offline Goose

2 Cups

GabbyDugan wrote on Tue, 15 January 2019 07:37

What kind of circle jerk nonsense is that article? TSN is reporting on David Staples' regurgitation of a tweet from a TSN employee:

Quote:

TSN"s Ryan Rishaug set the rumour mill abuzz Monday when he reported that the Edmonton Oilers are "on a full court press to find help at forward."

Rishaug noted that while the team's salary cap situation will make adding to the roster difficult, the team could be willing to part with their "first-round pick, a goaltender, (and) maybe a young developing forward."

David Staples of The Edmonton Journal wrote Monday that he interprets Rishaug's report to mean that Kailer Yamamoto, Tyler Benson, Cameron Hebig or even Jesse Puljujarvi could be on the move depending on the Oilers' return - in addition to one their NHL goaltenders and a first-round pick.

Also, great insight David. Must have a taken a lot of leg-work to google the Condors roster and filter by forwards to really dig deep on what Rishaug meant by "young forward".

I guess some people like reading it, but I find Staples practice of simply writing articles based on other people's tweets or articles and giving "his take", to be really annoying.

Oilers Goal Differential
17/18: 234 GF / 263 GA (-29)
18/19 pace: 234 GF / 274 GA (-40)

Re: Chia's next trade [message #727602 is a reply to message #727573 ]
Tue, 15 January 2019 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Goose wrote on Tue, 15 January 2019 10:47

GabbyDugan wrote on Tue, 15 January 2019 07:37

What kind of circle jerk nonsense is that article? TSN is reporting on David Staples' regurgitation of a tweet from a TSN employee:

Quote:

TSN"s Ryan Rishaug set the rumour mill abuzz Monday when he reported that the Edmonton Oilers are "on a full court press to find help at forward."

Rishaug noted that while the team's salary cap situation will make adding to the roster difficult, the team could be willing to part with their "first-round pick, a goaltender, (and) maybe a young developing forward."

David Staples of The Edmonton Journal wrote Monday that he interprets Rishaug's report to mean that Kailer Yamamoto, Tyler Benson, Cameron Hebig or even Jesse Puljujarvi could be on the move depending on the Oilers' return - in addition to one their NHL goaltenders and a first-round pick.

Also, great insight David. Must have a taken a lot of leg-work to google the Condors roster and filter by forwards to really dig deep on what Rishaug meant by "young forward".

I guess some people like reading it, but I find Staples practice of simply writing articles based on other people's tweets or articles and giving "his take", to be really annoying.

Doesn't help that his take is often inane.

Although at least it keeps him from embarrassing himself talking about school reform...

Re: Chia's next trade [message #727410 is a reply to message #727376 ]
Mon, 14 January 2019 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Matty's wild arsed guesses:

Jim Matheson @NHLbyMatty
If Oilers are scouring for forwards who can give them some offence outside of Connor, Leon, RNH and Chiasson who have 81 goals, they're probably checking in C Derick Brassard, UFA ($3 mil) who hasn't panned out in Pitts. Other possibles: UFA's Zuccarello, Dzingel, Ferland

Dzingel would be good, but he's about to be UFA, like the others listed. Brassard is past it IMO.

All just short term solutions to save a season where there is really no way we're doing damage in the playoffs, even if we do fluke out and make it.

Don't like it, cause Chia premium suggests we give up our 1st round pick plus more this year for basically anyone.

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Chia's next trade [message #727417 is a reply to message #727410 ]
Mon, 14 January 2019 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message

4 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 14 January 2019 14:05

Jim Matheson @NHLbyMatty
If Oilers are scouring for forwards who can give them some offence outside of Connor, Leon, RNH and Chiasson who have 81 goals, they're probably checking in C Derick Brassard, UFA ($3 mil) who hasn't panned out in Pitts. Other possibles: UFA's Zuccarello, Dzingel, Ferland

Dzingel would be good, but he's about to be UFA, like the others listed. Brassard is past it IMO.

All just short term solutions to save a season where there is really no way we're doing damage in the playoffs, even if we do fluke out and make it.

Don't like it, cause Chia premium suggests we give up our 1st round pick plus more this year for basically anyone.

I don't see it happening but if the Oilers could trade Spooner and something for Brassard, I'd do that. They don't have a 3rd line center right now. Brassard is a UFA which is fine by me.

Dzingel would interest me and you could try to resign him as he should have some years left.

Re: Chia's next trade [message #727420 is a reply to message #727417 ]
Mon, 14 January 2019 14:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 14 January 2019 15:19

Jim Matheson @NHLbyMatty

I don't see it happening but if the Oilers could trade Spooner and something for Brassard, I'd do that. They don't have a 3rd line center right now. Brassard is a UFA which is fine by me.

Dzingel would interest me and you could try to resign him as he should have some years left.

Seconded. If you could do Spooner and a 5th, which becomes a 4th if Brassard re-ups with us then heck yea.

Survivor 52 CHAMP

Re: Chia's next trade [message #727422 is a reply to message #727420 ]
Mon, 14 January 2019 14:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message

4 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Mon, 14 January 2019 14:23

Jim Matheson @NHLbyMatty

Seconded. If you could do Spooner and a 5th, which becomes a 4th if Brassard re-ups with us then heck yea.

I wouldn't even bother resigning Brassard. I just want the 3.1 off the books that Spooner makes. The new GM can take that money and go find someone else for next season.

Re: Chia's next trade [message #727423 is a reply to message #727422 ]
Mon, 14 January 2019 14:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 14 January 2019 15:24

Oscargasm wrote on Mon, 14 January 2019 14:23

Jim Matheson @NHLbyMatty

I wouldn't even bother resigning Brassard. I just want the 3.1 off the books that Spooner makes. The new GM can take that money and go find someone else for next season.

The one thing holding us up would likely be the modified NTC Brassard has, submits 8-team NO list.

Survivor 52 CHAMP

Re: Chia's next trade [message #727421 is a reply to message #727410 ]
Mon, 14 January 2019 14:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 14 January 2019 15:05

Jim Matheson @NHLbyMatty

I've professed my love for Ferland in an Oilers jersey numerous times. SHOULDN'T cost a first for him alone.

Survivor 52 CHAMP

Re: Chia's next trade [message #727425 is a reply to message #727421 ]
Mon, 14 January 2019 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Mon, 14 January 2019 14:24

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 14 January 2019 15:05

Jim Matheson @NHLbyMatty

I've professed my love for Ferland in an Oilers jersey numerous times. SHOULDN'T cost a first for him alone.

Shouldn't, but Chia premium probably does make it cost that. We have to give teams players they covet to take their cap dumps. Most recent example of the Chia premium.

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Chia's next trade [message #727426 is a reply to message #727425 ]
Mon, 14 January 2019 14:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message

4 Cups

In my opinion the Oilers need to be making trades for guys that fill a role and are for guys that they can keep. Either with term or they can resign who have game left. If pie in the sky you can get a Tarasenko. You have a top 6 guy who is with you for several years. Then you have:
McDavid & Leon
Nuge & Tarasenko

That's the makings for a pretty good top 6. Then hopefully you can go out and sign another Chiasson to fill in the other wing spot.

[Updated on: Mon, 14 January 2019 14:55]

Re: Chia's next trade [message #727428 is a reply to message #727426 ]
Mon, 14 January 2019 14:49 Go to previous messageGo to previous message

2 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 14 January 2019 15:39

In my opinion the Oilers need to be making trades for guys that fill a role and are for guys that they can keep. Either with term or they can resign who have game left. If pie in the sky you can get a Tarasenko. You have a top 6 guy who is with you for several years. Then you have:
McDavid & Leon
Nuge & Tarasenko

That's the makings for a pretty good top 6. Then hopefully you can go out and sign another Chiasson to fill in the other wing spot.

Would agree, pie in the sky for sure. Would be absolutely amazing, though likelihood of this happening are pretty slim.

If I'm Chiarelli, I'm trying to sign Chiasson to a team friendly extension already.

Survivor 52 CHAMP

Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]  
Previous Topic:Friedman saying Koskinen re-signing 3 yr 4.5M AAV
Next Topic:How to get the team less sexy
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2019.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca