F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » C. McDavid Blown Ref Call Database 2018/19
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 C. McDavid Blown Ref Call Database 2018/19 [message #719630]
Fri, 05 October 2018 15:39 Go to next message
Skookum Jim is currently online Skookum Jim

4 Cups

So, I was thinking it might be interesting to attempt to track the number of blown non-calls made by refs this year, all the times that McD gets interfered with, hacked, hooked, and the ref either misses it, or ignores it. With the number of guys on this site that watch the games, there is a good resource available that can produce a decent database. Might not be the most unbiased database, but I think most guys here can decide what a legit call is, or is not.

I thought the data to track would include; date, opponent, period, approximate time, brief description of penalty, running season total. I put in the time just so if anyone wanted to review it can locate it, and don't double count. By tracking it, semi-biased or not, it might offer a more quantified viewpoint.

Quote:

Date:
Opponent:
Period:
Time:
Type/Description:
Total Game:
Total Season:

Worth doing?

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks, K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier

Send a private message to this user  

Re: C. McDavid Blown Ref Call Database 2018/19 [message #719631 is a reply to message #719630 ]
Fri, 05 October 2018 15:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

What's the rules for this? Does it have to be clear-cut mugging? The little hooks and slashes will be in the hundreds!!!

"This team needs an enema!"
#FireLowe #FireMacT #FireHowson #FireBuchberger #FireHowsonAgain #FireChiarelli #FireMcLellan #FireBobbyNicks

Re: C. McDavid Blown Ref Call Database 2018/19 [message #719632 is a reply to message #719631 ]
Fri, 05 October 2018 15:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

4 Cups

Adam wrote on Fri, 05 October 2018 14:40

What's the rules for this? Does it have to be clear-cut mugging? The little hooks and slashes will be in the hundreds!!!

Well everyone might have their own opinion, but I thought during the game before a blown call is added to the total that guys can debate in this thread, I'm not thinking "every" little hack or slash, just the ones you normally see called everywhere else, and for some reason isn't called on McD, and we've all seen them. Before one is added to the total guys can ask other guys here if they think its legit or not. I'm counting on some effort towards impartiality.
So at the end of the year we might find its a huge total, or a small total, interesting either way, at least there'll be a basis for an opinion.

My opinion is that the "little hooks and slashes" are actually severe enough that they are called on other players, but McD's threshold to get a call has for some reason become much higher.

[Updated on: Fri, 05 October 2018 16:04]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks, K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier

Re: C. McDavid Blown Ref Call Database 2018/19 [message #719635 is a reply to message #719630 ]
Fri, 05 October 2018 15:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
welcometotheOC is currently online welcometotheOC

No Cups

I think you’ll needa medium sized server, a disk array and a competent DBA for this one! Lol

Re: C. McDavid Blown Ref Call Database 2018/19 [message #719637 is a reply to message #719635 ]
Fri, 05 October 2018 15:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

4 Cups

welcometotheOC wrote on Fri, 05 October 2018 14:55

I think you’ll needa medium sized server, a disk array and a competent DBA for this one! Lol

Ha! Yeah that could be, but that's what I want to find out!

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: C. McDavid Blown Ref Call Database 2018/19 [message #719638 is a reply to message #719630 ]
Fri, 05 October 2018 16:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

4 Cups

I think for format, if a guy that wants to add a blown call, he can copy the data from this quote below, and then paste it in another set of quotes in their post.
Example:
Quote:

Date: 2018/11/23
Opponent: Calgary
Period: 1
Time: 10:23
Type/Description: Tkachuk two-hands McD's wrist on break away
Total Game: 3
Total Season: 53

[Updated on: Fri, 05 October 2018 22:43]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: C. McDavid Blown Ref Call Database 2018/19 [message #719648 is a reply to message #719630 ]
Fri, 05 October 2018 18:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

If you are indeed volunteering to record 5-10 or more of these every single game, count me in as someone that will be happy to look :)

"The Edmonton Oilers are not where they should be right now and that is unacceptable. We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

"Next year (15/16) I would forecast as another developmental year"
- #2, April 2015

Re: C. McDavid Blown Ref Call Database 2018/19 [message #719649 is a reply to message #719648 ]
Fri, 05 October 2018 19:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

4 Cups

We need a web spider and natural language processor to go back through history and find all the times we cursed the referees here and in twitter to propagate the database. If we Kickstarter it maybe we can do all teams in the league.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: C. McDavid Blown Ref Call Database 2018/19 [message #720151 is a reply to message #719630 ]
Sat, 13 October 2018 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

4 Cups

Quote:

Date: 10/13/2018
Opponent: @NYR
Period: 2
Time: 8:10
Type/Description: Interference, hit from behind on PP
Total Game: 1
Total Season: 1

[Updated on: Sat, 13 October 2018 12:57]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: C. McDavid Blown Ref Call Database 2018/19 [message #720425 is a reply to message #719630 ]
Tue, 16 October 2018 23:10 Go to previous message

4 Cups

Quote:

Opponent: @Winnipeg
Time: 16:17
Type/Description: Interference, holding, Trouba reaches around with his free hand while McD blows by him, in front of the ref
Total Game: 1
Total Season: 2

Quote:

Time: 9:35
Type/Description: Tripping Schiffle reaches in to poke the puck, takes out McD's feet at center ice, again right in front of the ref
Total Game: 2
Total Season: 3

Quote:

Period: 2
Time: 8:03
Type/Description: Interference, again Trouba, along the boards after McD chipped it in, Trouba squeezed him out well after the puck was past. Normally called.
Total Game: 3
Total Season: 4

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Previous Topic:Pregame: Edmonton @ Winnipeg (Game #4)
Next Topic:GDT: Edmonton @ Winnipeg (Game #4)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2018.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca