This day on January 18
Acquired: Micah Aivazoff (1995) Len Esau (1995) Dean Kennedy (1995)

Happy Birthday To: brad233, gloss233, joker911

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Speculation » Replacement options for Sekera.
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Replacement options for Sekera. [message #717654]
Wed, 15 August 2018 07:59 Go to next message
sinfulchimp306  is currently offline sinfulchimp306

No Cups

So with the news coming out of the torn Achilles, and Reggie undoubtedly headed onto LTIR we need a a top 4 d. Really not a heck of alot of options out there on the UFA market, i beleive we need to make a trade for that top 4 d. Came up with a couple names in my head. Methot in Dallas, Myers from WPG, FAulk from Carolina, Gardiner out of Toronoto, Coburn from TBL. Thats all that i can come up with, not sure about cost of acquisition on an but i imagine some would be high like Myers and Faulk. Im also sure that some of the space goes right into nurses pocket. I think any of the options i have mentioned will suffice, or perhaps dangling say this years first for sone immediate help.

Formerly gagnerisgod.

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Replacement options for Sekera. [message #717667 is a reply to message #717654 ]
Wed, 15 August 2018 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hitmen4  is currently offline hitmen4

No Cups

I think the best option for a replacement would be Faulk. While not the perfect player, he does have some skills the Oilers could use and is a better option than Bear or Bouchard at this point IMO. Carolina is looking to cut costs, and after an underwhelming return for Skinner they appear to be willing to get rid of their guys at below market value. Either in order to save some cash or for whatever weird culture change reasons they have.

My proposal would be similar to the return Carolina got for Skinner: a 2nd, a B level prospect like Samorukov or Berglund and Cagguila. Based on the Skinner deal you'd think this could be enough to get the conversation rolling.

My understanding of LTIR is they would have to wait until the season begins to place Sekera on it, so any trade would have to wait until then.

Re: Replacement options for Sekera. [message #717674 is a reply to message #717667 ]
Wed, 15 August 2018 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sinfulchimp306  is currently offline sinfulchimp306

No Cups

I think you are on the right lines with Faulk, but theres a premuum to ve paid for players with his skillset. I would think the pick or the prospect in that deal would have to be upgraded.

Formerly gagnerisgod.

Re: Replacement options for Sekera. [message #717680 is a reply to message #717667 ]
Wed, 15 August 2018 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

hitmen4 wrote on Wed, 15 August 2018 11:14

I think the best option for a replacement would be Faulk. While not the perfect player, he does have some skills the Oilers could use and is a better option than Bear or Bouchard at this point IMO. Carolina is looking to cut costs, and after an underwhelming return for Skinner they appear to be willing to get rid of their guys at below market value. Either in order to save some cash or for whatever weird culture change reasons they have.

My proposal would be similar to the return Carolina got for Skinner: a 2nd, a B level prospect like Samorukov or Berglund and Cagguila. Based on the Skinner deal you'd think this could be enough to get the conversation rolling.

My understanding of LTIR is they would have to wait until the season begins to place Sekera on it, so any trade would have to wait until then.

How do you intend to sign Nurse AND trade for Faulk though? There's not enough cap space. Caggiula doesn't clear it. You're going to need to flush Kassian too somehow. Even that might not be enough.

"This team needs an enema!"
#FireLowe #FireMacT #FireHowson #FireBuchberger #FireHowsonAgain #FireChiarelli #FireMcLellan #FireBobbyNicks

Re: Replacement options for Sekera. [message #717681 is a reply to message #717680 ]
Wed, 15 August 2018 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

No Cups

Adam wrote on Wed, 15 August 2018 12:49

How do you intend to sign Nurse AND trade for Faulk though? There's not enough cap space. Caggiula doesn't clear it. You're going to need to flush Kassian too somehow. Even that might not be enough.

Let's just buy out some more guys!

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Replacement options for Sekera. [message #717684 is a reply to message #717680 ]
Wed, 15 August 2018 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mightyreasoner  is currently offline mightyreasoner

2 Cups

Adam wrote on Wed, 15 August 2018 12:49

I'd include Kassian to make that work. There was some rumblings Carolina was interested in Kassian earlier this summer too, wasn't there?

Re: Replacement options for Sekera. [message #717691 is a reply to message #717680 ]
Wed, 15 August 2018 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hitmen4  is currently offline hitmen4

No Cups

Is this not solved by putting Sekera on LTIR? I'm not exactly an expert on this, but if you trade for Faulk after the season begins and once Sekera is eligible to be placed on LTIR, the cap hits should be a wash?

Re: Replacement options for Sekera. [message #717695 is a reply to message #717691 ]
Wed, 15 August 2018 15:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pseudoreality  is currently offline Pseudoreality

No Cups

hitmen4 wrote on Wed, 15 August 2018 14:31

Is this not solved by putting Sekera on LTIR? I'm not exactly an expert on this, but if you trade for Faulk after the season begins and once Sekera is eligible to be placed on LTIR, the cap hits should be a wash?

Sekera will likely come back at some point. LTIR only lets you exceed the cap by the LTIR amount at the time the player is injured. Unless you are banking on Klef being on LTIR by that time, which actually isn't a bad bet.

Re: Replacement options for Sekera. [message #717720 is a reply to message #717695 ]
Thu, 16 August 2018 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Magnum  is currently offline Magnum

2 Cups

Pseudoreality wrote on Wed, 15 August 2018 15:09

hitmen4 wrote on Wed, 15 August 2018 14:31

Sekera will likely come back at some point. LTIR only lets you exceed the cap by the LTIR amount at the time the player is injured. Unless you are banking on Klef being on LTIR by that time, which actually isn't a bad bet.

$100 Oilfans Dollars says Sekera won't be back this year if we obtain a good defender.

2015/2016 - This Kool-Aid tastes like McDavid flavoured Drain-O.
2016/2017 - This Kool-Aid is starting to taste like juice.
2017/2018 - I'm drinking this Kool-Aid, in hopes that it's Drain-O.
2018/2019 - Another round of Drain-O, good sir!

Re: Replacement options for Sekera. [message #717683 is a reply to message #717654 ]
Wed, 15 August 2018 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

I've seen Davidson's name floated and I'm not at all opposed to it... but I don't see him as a Sekera replacement so much as boosting the depth (I like him better as a 6/7 than Gravel or Lowe).

We all agree that Bear and Bouchard aren't the answers, right?

The two best options I see are: Enstrom and Faulk. With Faulk being the best.

I feel that Carolina really doesn't want to go into camp with Faulk... he's the odd man out now that they've acquired Hamilton and de Haan this offseason. And given the return on Skinner, I think the cost on Faulk, especially at the end of summer, won't be crazy. The days of a potential RNH for Faulk trade are gone. He's a Top-4, RHD, who can put up points and move the puck. He may not be perfect, but he's a great fit and would balance the left /right of the defense and provide a nice stopgap for proper development of Bouchard and Bear.

Enstrom was hurt a lot of last year, and he doesn't put up points the way he did earlier in his career, but he's a reliable defenseman who can play Top-4 minutes. He's the only UFA defenseman you can say that for right now I think. At the late stage in the summer, you could probably get him on short-term value contract. The bummer is he's another LH shot. But he's not the worst option; in fact, he's not a bad one. Wouldn't cost any assets either.

For me, I think those are the best two options I see out there.

Re: Replacement options for Sekera. [message #717687 is a reply to message #717683 ]
Wed, 15 August 2018 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OilPeg  is currently offline OilPeg

No Cups

mightyreasoner wrote on Wed, 15 August 2018 14:01

I've seen Davidson's name floated and I'm not at all opposed to it... but I don't see him as a Sekera replacement so much as boosting the depth (I like him better as a 6/7 than Gravel or Lowe).

We all agree that Bear and Bouchard aren't the answers, right?

The two best options I see are: Enstrom and Faulk. With Faulk being the best.

I feel that Carolina really doesn't want to go into camp with Faulk... he's the odd man out now that they've acquired Hamilton and de Haan this offseason. And given the return on Skinner, I think the cost on Faulk, especially at the end of summer, won't be crazy. The days of a potential RNH for Faulk trade are gone. He's a Top-4, RHD, who can put up points and move the puck. He may not be perfect, but he's a great fit and would balance the left /right of the defense and provide a nice stopgap for proper development of Bouchard and Bear.

Enstrom was hurt a lot of last year, and he doesn't put up points the way he did earlier in his career, but he's a reliable defenseman who can play Top-4 minutes. He's the only UFA defenseman you can say that for right now I think. At the late stage in the summer, you could probably get him on short-term value contract. The bummer is he's another LH shot. But he's not the worst option; in fact, he's not a bad one. Wouldn't cost any assets either.

For me, I think those are the best two options I see out there.

Latest rumor has Toby heading to MODO of the SHL. He played there before coming over originally.

Skookum Jim wrote on Sat, 02 June 2012 00:29

But he (Belanger)'s as soft as room temp. margarine.

Re: Replacement options for Sekera. [message #717688 is a reply to message #717654 ]
Wed, 15 August 2018 13:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55 is currently online Kr55

6 Cups

I have my money on improvement from within. Guys taking another step, others having a rebound year. It's gonna happen, trust me.

"The Edmonton Oilers are not where they should be right now and that is unacceptable. We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

"Next year (15/16) I would forecast as another developmental year"
- #2, April 2015

Re: Replacement options for Sekera. [message #717694 is a reply to message #717688 ]
Wed, 15 August 2018 15:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

No Cups

Kr55 wrote on Wed, 15 August 2018 13:29

I have my money on improvement from within. Guys taking another step, others having a rebound year. It's gonna happen, trust me.

Let's call it "promotion from within" instead of improvement and I'm on board.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Replacement options for Sekera. [message #717697 is a reply to message #717694 ]
Wed, 15 August 2018 15:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Wed, 15 August 2018 15:08

I like that. Promotion from within has always served the Oilers org well.

"The Edmonton Oilers are not where they should be right now and that is unacceptable. We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Replacement options for Sekera. [message #717698 is a reply to message #717697 ]
Wed, 15 August 2018 15:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Wed, 15 August 2018 15:11

*cough cough* Keegan Lowe *cough*

#FireLowe #FireMacT #FireHowson #FireBuchberger #FireHowsonAgain #FireChiarelli #FireMcLellan #FireBobbyNicks

Re: Replacement options for Sekera. [message #717706 is a reply to message #717698 ]
Wed, 15 August 2018 19:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ziltoid  is currently offline ziltoid

No Cups

Adam wrote on Wed, 15 August 2018 15:46

Why do I have a sinking feeling that this is what's going to happen? Lowe goes to Katz and trades his old jock strap for Keegan's spot on the roster... thank god Gretzky's kid plays baseball.

Re: Replacement options for Sekera. [message #717708 is a reply to message #717698 ]
Wed, 15 August 2018 22:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

I was actually thinking we should move Gretzky and Messier up a notch in the org. That winningness trickles down a lot harder the higher up the org it comes from.

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Replacement options for Sekera. [message #717781 is a reply to message #717708 ]
Mon, 20 August 2018 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jerekybeef  is currently offline jerekybeef

No Cups

Kr55 wrote on Wed, 15 August 2018 21:36

I was actually thinking we should move Gretzky and Messier up a notch in the org. That winningness trickles down a lot harder the higher up the org it comes from.

With Gretzky and Messier moved up higher, that trickle down will be reaching terminal velocity in no time and there will be no holding back this tsunami of awesome that the Oilers are.

"Make the Oilers great again" - Donny Tramp

Re: Replacement options for Sekera. [message #717696 is a reply to message #717688 ]
Wed, 15 August 2018 15:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pseudoreality  is currently offline Pseudoreality

No Cups

I have my money on management doing nothing and the team sucking again.

Re: Replacement options for Sekera. [message #717701 is a reply to message #717696 ]
Wed, 15 August 2018 16:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

I would not be doing anything big. I would look at signing Davidson or a Sbisa to a dirt cheap 1 yr deal for 1 mill or less. Both could be in your 3rd pairing.

Another guy I might consider is what about going after Petrovic from Florida? He's an Edmonton guy, right handed, has size, doesn't score a lot but skates pretty well. He was playing 3rd pairing minutes for the Panthers and is a UFA at the end of this season making less that 2 mill.

Re: Replacement options for Sekera. [message #717707 is a reply to message #717701 ]
Wed, 15 August 2018 21:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Wed, 15 August 2018 16:41

I would not be doing anything big. I would look at signing Davidson or a Sbisa to a dirt cheap 1 yr deal for 1 mill or less. Both could be in your 3rd pairing.

Another guy I might consider is what about going after Petrovic from Florida? He's an Edmonton guy, right handed, has size, doesn't score a lot but skates pretty well. He was playing 3rd pairing minutes for the Panthers and is a UFA at the end of this season making less that 2 mill.

Does anyone actually believe you have enough to get an NHL defenceman after you sign Nurse without possibly damaging the team's cap space in the final year if they pay out some bonus money? I think people are still too optimistic about how cheap Nurse is going to come in at.

Re: Replacement options for Sekera. [message #717709 is a reply to message #717707 ]
Wed, 15 August 2018 22:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Adam wrote on Wed, 15 August 2018 21:52

Does anyone actually believe you have enough to get an NHL defenceman after you sign Nurse without possibly damaging the team's cap space in the final year if they pay out some bonus money? I think people are still too optimistic about how cheap Nurse is going to come in at.

I think they can if they're smart.

Petrovic is a guy I didn't think of, but he definitely is better in the lineup every night than say Gravel. You move Kassian for Petrovic, and you actually save some money.

If you're doing someone like Faulk, you might need to bump of the prospect going back and get them to retain some salary. $1M on Faulk retained, plus Kassian and you're a long way to covering the cost of Faulk... and then you have Sekera on the LTIR for Nurse's deal.

I think it can be done. Do I think Chiarelli can do it? I'm less optimistic about that.

Re: Replacement options for Sekera. [message #717712 is a reply to message #717709 ]
Thu, 16 August 2018 00:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

mightyreasoner wrote on Wed, 15 August 2018 22:37

Petrovic is a guy I didn't think of, but he definitely is better in the lineup every night than say Gravel. You move Kassian for Petrovic, and you actually save some money.

If you're doing someone like Faulk, you might need to bump of the prospect going back and get them to retain some salary. $1M on Faulk retained, plus Kassian and you're a long way to covering the cost of Faulk... and then you have Sekera on the LTIR for Nurse's deal.

I think it can be done. Do I think Chiarelli can do it? I'm less optimistic about that.

Kassian is quietly another bad deal on a team rife with them. If he's going to be a 15-20 point fourth liner, then he's just not worth $2MM. But who do you convince to take him? The poorly managed teams have already loaded up on bad contracts this summer (see Canucks' fourth line)...

And if they DO trade Kassian, do we have someone else chomping at the bit who can adequately replace him? Going to league minimum isn't a big benefit if it's some plug who can't top 10 points...

Re: Replacement options for Sekera. [message #717713 is a reply to message #717712 ]
Thu, 16 August 2018 01:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Adam wrote on Thu, 16 August 2018 00:48

Kassian is quietly another bad deal on a team rife with them. If he's going to be a 15-20 point fourth liner, then he's just not worth $2MM. But who do you convince to take him? The poorly managed teams have already loaded up on bad contracts this summer (see Canucks' fourth line)...

And if they DO trade Kassian, do we have someone else chomping at the bit who can adequately replace him? Going to league minimum isn't a big benefit if it's some plug who can't top 10 points...

Kassian makes too much for a fourth liner, but he is an NHLer on any team, and I think even with his high cap hit, there are teams who wouldn't hesitate to add him. Especially if they are lower cap teams.

Late summer is the time for value deals, IMO. Someone like Hemsky or Hartnell on a bonus-structured, league-minimum deal is something I'd look at, and try to move someone who is making double that. Upshall is another league-minimum contract who could put up similar numbers.

All this requires some creativity, but I think there are some solutions out there.

Re: Replacement options for Sekera. [message #717721 is a reply to message #717712 ]
Thu, 16 August 2018 09:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Yamamoto gets gifted a roster spot would be my guess. Not a great idea from a development standpoint, but if he stays healthy he could probably put up Kassian's 20pts.

Re: Replacement options for Sekera. [message #717722 is a reply to message #717721 ]
Thu, 16 August 2018 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

ziltoid wrote on Thu, 16 August 2018 09:52

Yamamoto gets gifted a roster spot would be my guess. Not a great idea from a development standpoint, but if he stays healthy he could probably put up Kassian's 20pts.

At the end of the day, if we lose a few fourth line points for a top defender, is that really a concern?

Re: Replacement options for Sekera. [message #717735 is a reply to message #717722 ]
Thu, 16 August 2018 16:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Iamheretoday  is currently offline Iamheretoday

No Cups

Issue will be keeping them out, not going in stupid I hope.

Re: Replacement options for Sekera. [message #717739 is a reply to message #717722 ]
Thu, 16 August 2018 18:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Magnum wrote on Thu, 16 August 2018 10:10

At the end of the day, if we lose a few fourth line points for a top defender, is that really a concern?

Not for me, but I don't have enough faith in PC to think he can get that defender, especially given the cap situation. Even with a bridge deal, Nurse is going to get more than what we have left in cap space pre-LTIR, and when you factor in a bonus cushion and the fact Sekera could come back during the last legs of the season, I don't like PC's odds re: not screwing this up.

Re: Replacement options for Sekera. [message #717744 is a reply to message #717739 ]
Fri, 17 August 2018 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

ziltoid wrote on Thu, 16 August 2018 18:42

Magnum wrote on Thu, 16 August 2018 10:10

Not for me, but I don't have enough faith in PC to think he can get that defender, especially given the cap situation. Even with a bridge deal, Nurse is going to get more than what we have left in cap space pre-LTIR, and when you factor in a bonus cushion and the fact Sekera could come back during the last legs of the season, I don't like PC's odds re: not screwing this up.

Agreed. However, "but we might lose Kassian" should not hold anything up.

[Updated on: Fri, 17 August 2018 09:16]

Re: Replacement options for Sekera. [message #717775 is a reply to message #717707 ]
Mon, 20 August 2018 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Oilers have just over 4.9 mill in cap space before Sekera being put on LTIR. I have said that they should 100% bridge Nurse because there are still questions on what he is. Right now he is a big, nasty, skates like the wind, shut down Dman who can get your 25-30 pts. So on a long term deal, that is a 4.5-5 mill player. He doesn't have the offense right now to justify getting more. On a bridge deal based on who's signed already that are right in his wheel house both with age and experience. I think the bench marks for Nurse is what Edmundson (3.0 mill) and Montour (3.387 mill). So if he is in that range, you should have around 1.5-1.7 mill to work with that is before putting Sekera on LTIR.

Re: Replacement options for Sekera. [message #717777 is a reply to message #717775 ]
Mon, 20 August 2018 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 20 August 2018 08:36

Oilers have just over 4.9 mill in cap space before Sekera being put on LTIR. I have said that they should 100% bridge Nurse because there are still questions on what he is. Right now he is a big, nasty, skates like the wind, shut down Dman who can get your 25-30 pts. So on a long term deal, that is a 4.5-5 mill player. He doesn't have the offense right now to justify getting more. On a bridge deal based on who's signed already that are right in his wheel house both with age and experience. I think the bench marks for Nurse is what Edmundson (3.0 mill) and Montour (3.387 mill). So if he is in that range, you should have around 1.5-1.7 mill to work with that is before putting Sekera on LTIR.

What do you want to bet that Nurse gets a higher number than you're suggesting on a short-term deal.

I think one-year, $4MM+ is likely.

Don't forget - the cap space doesn't include any bonuses achieved this year. If Puljujarvi were to have a good season, he could add up to $2.5MM to the Oilers cap. If they don't have room for it this year, it is subtracted from next year's number. Bouchard & Yamamoto could also be looking at some bonus dollars this year if they stick (although thankfully a smaller amount).

Re: Replacement options for Sekera. [message #717779 is a reply to message #717777 ]
Mon, 20 August 2018 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 20 August 2018 10:27

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 20 August 2018 08:36

What do you want to bet that Nurse gets a higher number than you're suggesting on a short-term deal.

I think one-year, $4MM+ is likely.

Don't forget - the cap space doesn't include any bonuses achieved this year. If Puljujarvi were to have a good season, he could add up to $2.5MM to the Oilers cap. If they don't have room for it this year, it is subtracted from next year's number. Bouchard & Yamamoto could also be looking at some bonus dollars this year if they stick (although thankfully a smaller amount).

I don't know what to expect. I prefer not to assume the worst but I understand why some might think he will get more than he should. I am basing my opinion on his salary from what others have signed for and what Stauffer has said. He's said many times he's expecting a 2 yr deal in that 3 mill range. He's the mouth piece of the team so I believe he's basically repeating what the team tells him to say.

Re: Replacement options for Sekera. [message #717780 is a reply to message #717779 ]
Mon, 20 August 2018 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 20 August 2018 11:30

I don't know what to expect. I prefer not to assume the worst but I understand why some might think he will get more than he should. I am basing my opinion on his salary from what others have signed for and what Stauffer has said. He's said many times he's expecting a 2 yr deal in that 3 mill range. He's the mouth piece of the team so I believe he's basically repeating what the team tells him to say.

I'd suggest one of the reasons that the team hasn't managed to sign Nurse may be this sort of unreasonable expectation. If there was a two-year $3MM per deal to be done, I think he would have signed it. He gets more because:

- the team constantly pumps his tires to fans. He's billed as a building block of the team, and that is easy to point to in negotiations.
- they've paid so much to other players who aren't as good. Kris Russell with 4x4MM plus a NMC makes it hard for Nurse - acclaimed as the best d-man on the team last year - to take much less. Matt Benning is making $1.9MM himself, and he's way behind Nurse on the development curve (despite being a year older). Nurse can't look at those comps and not feel he's worth more than $3MM per.
- Sekera's out. The Oilers have no room to bring in another solution. If Nurse's situation for this year is not resolved, then the team enters the season without two of their top four defencemen. That's a recipe for disaster, and Nurse's agent knows it. The Oilers could have played hardball a little while to get the bridge deal if everyone had stayed healthy, but now? They can't afford to chance it. If Nurse sits for six weeks, the team's season could be done before he's back.

All those points add up to the team getting a deal that's shorter and more expensive than they wanted.

Re: Replacement options for Sekera. [message #717710 is a reply to message #717654 ]
Wed, 15 August 2018 23:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

4 Cups

I'm interested to see how Truck (Gravel) is going to do, he was ranked quite high in the LA organization, if he has his Crohns under control, he might be a pleasant, and welcome, surprise.

I don't want to give up a good asset or pick for Faulk, the guy is fat and slow, done like KD.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks, K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier

Re: Replacement options for Sekera. [message #718593 is a reply to message #717654 ]
Fri, 14 September 2018 11:23 Go to previous message

6 Cups

Justin Braun is looking like a good candidate for us to give an arm and a leg for. He's one of those D that needs a dynamic puck mover on his other side to survive. He had a career year last season, lots of luck went his way so the value is nicely above what he should be seen as. Making 3.8M and has dropped to #3 on the SJ RHD depth chart.

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Previous Topic:Nurse's Next Contract
Next Topic:Auston Matthews' Next Contract
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2018.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca