F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 NHL » Hossa trades
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Hossa trades [message #716957]
Thu, 12 July 2018 13:16 Go to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

Chicago trades Hossa and his mysteriously convenient skin problem at 39 when he only makes 1 mill in salary to the Coyotes for cap space. A bunch of bit players and scraps going back and forth as well. Hossa literally makes 1 mill for the next 3 seasons but has a cap hit of 5.75 mill. Since he is "injured" insurance will pay most of that 1 mill. So the net cost to the Coyotes for Hossa and his cap hit will be a couple hundred grand.

https://www.tsn.ca/blackhawks-trade-hossa-s-contract-to-coyo tes-in-package-deal-1.1137581

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Hossa trades [message #716958 is a reply to message #716957 ]
Thu, 12 July 2018 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

No Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Thu, 12 July 2018 13:16

Chicago trades Hossa and his mysteriously convenient skin problem at 39 when he only makes 1 mill in salary to the Coyotes for cap space. A bunch of bit players and scraps going back and forth as well. Hossa literally makes 1 mill for the next 3 seasons but has a cap hit of 5.75 mill. Since he is "injured" insurance will pay most of that 1 mill. So the net cost to the Coyotes for Hossa and his cap hit will be a couple hundred grand.

https://www.tsn.ca/blackhawks-trade-hossa-s-contract-to-coyo tes-in-package-deal-1.1137581

I try not to complain too loudly about these things so that Milan can get kankles or something and sit out on IR the last couple contract years without it affecting our cap.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Hossa trades [message #716959 is a reply to message #716958 ]
Thu, 12 July 2018 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GabbyDugan  is currently offline GabbyDugan

No Cups

...so does this give Chicago enough cap room to go after Pacioretty or Skinner...not sure if Karlsson would have Chicago on his move to list or maybe he could be talked into moving there...

...this seems similar to Chris Pronger being dealt to Arizona (Phoenix at the time) when his playing days were done....

Re: Hossa trades [message #716960 is a reply to message #716957 ]
Thu, 12 July 2018 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

I definitely prefer this over Chicago getting to bury Hossa in LTIR with an allergy.

Should have had to move him like this last summer.

"The Edmonton Oilers are not where they should be right now and that is unacceptable. We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

"Next year (15/16) I would forecast as another developmental year"
- #2, April 2015

Re: Hossa trades [message #717004 is a reply to message #716960 ]
Fri, 13 July 2018 19:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gator21  is currently offline Gator21

No Cups

Kr55 wrote on Thu, 12 July 2018 14:21

I definitely prefer this over Chicago getting to bury Hossa in LTIR with an allergy.

So wouldn't Hossa remain on the LTIR this year with his mysterious skin allergy or did that change? I don't see why CHI would have to trade the contract if he remained on LTIR and wouldn't count against the cap confused2

Death by a Thousand Cuts

Re: Hossa trades [message #717007 is a reply to message #717004 ]
Fri, 13 July 2018 20:40 Go to previous message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Gator21 wrote on Fri, 13 July 2018 19:52

Kr55 wrote on Thu, 12 July 2018 14:21

So wouldn't Hossa remain on the LTIR this year with his mysterious skin allergy or did that change? I don't see why CHI would have to trade the contract if he remained on LTIR and wouldn't count against the cap confused2

If Chicago wants to bring up some young players, I think it makes a difference. being in the LTIR zone doesn't save you from bonus overage at the end of the year. 3 more years they would have to deal with that, and they really do need some young talent in the lineup.

Having to deal with being over the cap in summer and counting on the LTIR has to be a pain too. Who knows if the rules will change, or Hossa decides he wants to play again, or someone finds out the allergy thing is bull. It's probably a good idea to just get rid of that if they could.

"The Edmonton Oilers are not where they should be right now and that is unacceptable. We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

"Next year (15/16) I would forecast as another developmental year"
- #2, April 2015

Previous Topic:2017-18 NHL Season Random Thoughts
Next Topic:Maroon to the Blues
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2018.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca