This day on December 18
Acquired: Sergei Zholtok (2000)
Departed: Chad Kilger (2000)

Happy Birthday To: mightyj, wally97, Andrew B, Kimi1985, Bossy22

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Maroon to NJ for a 2019 3rd rounder & J.D. DudekPages (5): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: Maroon to NJ for a 2019 3rd rounder & J.D. Dudek [message #716802 is a reply to message #716800 ]
Mon, 09 July 2018 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 09 July 2018 09:07

McDavid97 wrote on Mon, 09 July 2018 08:19

I'm sure he's signing with STL.
They could also be waiting for a team to move some money out but who knows.

Numbed I saw was 1 year at 1.7M.

Looks like he just really really wants to play close to his kid and is taking a discount.

I know he wanted to go back to St. Louis to be close to his son but I wonder if he not play the market right holding out for a better, longer contract? That's a pay cut for him. Maroon might be one of the very few athletes where money truly isn't everything.

[Updated on: Mon, 09 July 2018 12:11]

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Maroon to NJ for a 2019 3rd rounder & J.D. Dudek [message #716806 is a reply to message #716800 ]
Mon, 09 July 2018 12:00 Go to previous message
mightyreasoner  is currently offline mightyreasoner

2 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 09 July 2018 09:07

McDavid97 wrote on Mon, 09 July 2018 08:19

I'm sure he's signing with STL.
They could also be waiting for a team to move some money out but who knows.

Numbed I saw was 1 year at 1.7M.

Looks like he just really really wants to play close to his kid and is taking a discount.

I think I saw the same information as you. The back half mentioned that is would be 1-year at 1.7 and there would be talk in January about a longer extension. Sounds like he wants to be there long-term and is willing to work with the Blues to make it happen.

I still wonder if Edmonton was a contender had they been able to move out Lucic. I think Maroon wanted to pick his place to play, but I really do believe there was mutual interest between the Oilers and Maroon, certainly last year and even this summer. He might be the first real casualty of the bad Lucic and Russell contracts (Eberle didn't have to be moved). I guess we should get used to it.

It's too bad. Maroon did everything Lucic was signed to do and did it cheaper and better.

The market may have filled up around Maroon, but I think he was also being patient. I think he could have gotten more. I think it mattered to him where he played. When you look at what guys like Roussel and Beagle and Reaves and others got in free agency, a big player with hand who put up back-to-back seasons of 42 and 43 points, I think someone would be willing to pay some money for that.

[Updated on: Mon, 09 July 2018 12:03]

Send a private message to this user  

Pages (5): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5]  
Previous Topic:Vacation time!
Next Topic:Joey LaLeggia signs before arbitration hearing
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2018.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca