Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 McDavid captures Ted Lindsay Award [message #715948]
Wed, 20 June 2018 18:42 Go to next message
hero  is currently offline hero

No Cups

https://www.tsn.ca/mcdavid-captures-ted-lindsay-award-1.1118 744

Nice job...

Send a private message to this user  

Re: McDavid captures Ted Lindsay Award [message #715949 is a reply to message #715948 ]
Wed, 20 June 2018 18:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

hero wrote on Wed, 20 June 2018 18:42

https://www.tsn.ca/mcdavid-captures-ted-lindsay-award-1.1118 744

Nice job...

But does he provide any value based on arbitrary prerequisites that he has no control over?

Me thinks NOT!

"The Edmonton Oilers are not where they should be right now and that is unacceptable. We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

"Next year (15/16) I would forecast as another developmental year"
- #2, April 2015

Re: McDavid captures Ted Lindsay Award [message #715951 is a reply to message #715949 ]
Wed, 20 June 2018 19:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HamBlaster  is currently offline HamBlaster

1 Cup

Reinhart wins the Calder!!!!

Errrrr... Barzal....

Re: McDavid captures Ted Lindsay Award [message #715956 is a reply to message #715951 ]
Wed, 20 June 2018 19:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

HamBlaster wrote on Wed, 20 June 2018 19:06

Errrrr... Barzal....

That trade keeps looking better every day, eh?

Nice honour for McDavid. Shows that the players have a very high opinion of him.

"This team needs an enema!"
#FireLowe #FireMacT #FireHowson #FireBuchberger #FireHowsonAgain #FireChiarelli #FireMcLellan #FireBobbyNicks

Re: McDavid captures Ted Lindsay Award [message #715958 is a reply to message #715956 ]
Wed, 20 June 2018 19:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

#97 finishes 10th in Lady Byng voting and even gets a third place vote for Selke.

And the Messier award is a total joke. Engelland outperformed expectations this year, but come on. He's the best leader in hockey? Maybe put some actual criteria towards that trophy and it won't be such a laugh.

"This team needs an enema!"
#FireLowe #FireMacT #FireHowson #FireBuchberger #FireHowsonAgain #FireChiarelli #FireMcLellan #FireBobbyNicks

Re: McDavid captures Ted Lindsay Award [message #715961 is a reply to message #715951 ]
Wed, 20 June 2018 20:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

HamBlaster wrote on Wed, 20 June 2018 19:06

Errrrr... Barzal....

And Hart for Hall.

Oilers are the kings of league parity.

"The Edmonton Oilers are not where they should be right now and that is unacceptable. We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

"Next year (15/16) I would forecast as another developmental year"
- #2, April 2015

Re: McDavid captures Ted Lindsay Award [message #715968 is a reply to message #715948 ]
Thu, 21 June 2018 02:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG is currently online NetBOG

1 Cup

https://mynhltraderumors.com/2018-nhl-award-winners-and-voti ng-results/2018/06/20/

Finished a distant 5th behind Hall, Mackinnen, Kopitar, and Giroux in Hart voting. Only made the ballot (top 5) on 78 of 160 ballots.

Apparently, the Hart is now given out to the best player on the team the barely scrapes into the playoffs, only to get their doors blown off in the first round.

I'm shocked he finished ahead of Artemi Panarin.

[Updated on: Thu, 21 June 2018 02:48]

Re: McDavid captures Ted Lindsay Award [message #715974 is a reply to message #715948 ]
Thu, 21 June 2018 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

4 Cups

Its good that they let people know what reporters voted for who now, I'd like to get a list of the morons that didn't even have McD in the top 5 for the Hart. The voting list will be coming out soon.

At least the players put some perspective back into these awards by giving McD the T. Lindsay.

That trophy will eventually replace the Hart in importance.

Barzal winning the Calder is a good thing, especially at this time of year, when Chiarelli might be getting similar trade ideas, it should give him (and company) a good reminder of potential consequences.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks, K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier

Re: McDavid captures Ted Lindsay Award [message #715982 is a reply to message #715974 ]
Thu, 21 June 2018 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NZ Oiler Fan  is currently offline NZ Oiler Fan

1 Cup

Skookum Jim wrote on Thu, 21 June 2018 08:52

Its good that they let people know what reporters voted for who now, I'd like to get a list of the morons that didn't even have McD in the top 5 for the Hart. The voting list will be coming out soon.

At least the players put some perspective back into these awards by giving McD the T. Lindsay.

That trophy will eventually replace the Hart in importance.

Barzal winning the Calder is a good thing, especially at this time of year, when Chiarelli might be getting similar trade ideas, it should give him (and company) a good reminder of potential consequences.

If I was playing in the NHL, being voted the best player by my peers would mean FAR more to me than a trophy voted by some journalists who have never played the game.

Re: McDavid captures Ted Lindsay Award [message #715983 is a reply to message #715948 ]
Thu, 21 June 2018 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WhoreableGuy  is currently offline WhoreableGuy

1 Cup

I think this is good for us Oilers fan, McDavid is a proud guy and doesn't show that these things get to him but he really wants to be recognized as the best. He got asked about the snub for months, he was a man possessed during the World Championships.

The Powerplay will be better next year so you can add a bunch of extra points to his 5 v 5 numbers this upcoming season. I'm hoping he wins the scoring title by at least 20 points.

"Bah Gawd! Would somebody stop the damn draft!"

- Jim Ross calling the NHL Draft Lotto 2015 as the Oilers win

Re: McDavid captures Ted Lindsay Award [message #716018 is a reply to message #715983 ]
Thu, 21 June 2018 14:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

4 Cups

WhoreableGuy wrote on Thu, 21 June 2018 08:46

I think this is good for us Oilers fan, McDavid is a proud guy and doesn't show that these things get to him but he really wants to be recognized as the best. He got asked about the snub for months, he was a man possessed during the World Championships.

The Powerplay will be better next year so you can add a bunch of extra points to his 5 v 5 numbers this upcoming season. I'm hoping he wins the scoring title by at least 20 points.

..40!

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks, K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier

Re: McDavid captures Ted Lindsay Award [message #716024 is a reply to message #716018 ]
Thu, 21 June 2018 14:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Thu, 21 June 2018 14:25

WhoreableGuy wrote on Thu, 21 June 2018 08:46

..40!

I like what he said at the end of his speech, making mention of the City of Edmonton and the fans....'we'll be back, I promise'.

When that comes out of McDavid's mouth, I'll buy that more than anything out of the media, Chiarelli, or anyone in the organization. He knows the recent history here, he can take the pressure, he's driven. I don't know how a guy like McDavid becomes more motivated than he already is, but I'm looking forward to his next season. Whether that makes up for the shortcomings elsewhere remains to be seen, but if Connor McDavid is still standing at the end of next season, he cleans up awards again like last year, and probably in a more dominant fashion.

Re: McDavid captures Ted Lindsay Award [message #716039 is a reply to message #715948 ]
Thu, 21 June 2018 17:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG is currently online NetBOG

1 Cup

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/23842983/nhl-revealing-ou r-awards-ballots-hart-trophy-norris-trophy-calder-trophy-mor e

These are the kind of jagoffs that ruin the awards. Check out Emily Kaplan's selections for All-NHL team centres.

Re: McDavid captures Ted Lindsay Award [message #716056 is a reply to message #715948 ]
Thu, 21 June 2018 21:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

4 Cups

And the moment you've all been waiting for....

The inaugural Skookum "Morons of Hockey Sports Media" All-Star team for 2018!

All-Star selection criteria based on those who do not think Connor McDavid is within the top 5 of the NHL's most valuable players.

Elliotte Friedman of Sportsnet (surprised and disappointed)
Mike Chambers, the Denver Post (who?)
Chris Cuthbert, TSN/NBC (Chris... W T F were you thinking buddy ??? you should feel GREAT shame...)
Craig Button TSN (Can't take the Flamer out of the cow-pie)
Luke Fox of Sportsnet (who?)
Eric Francis the Calgary Sun (Flamer moron)
Joe Haggerty NBC Boston (total idiot)
Mike Heika, Dallas Morning News (who?)
Jim Hughson, HNIC (Canuck boot licker)
Nick Kypreos, HNIC (world class clown)
Renaud Lavoie, TVA (who?)
Roy MacGregor, The Globe & Mail (who?)
John Shannon, TSN (should know better, disappointment)
David Shoalts, The Globe & Mail (who?)
Steve Simmons, Postmedia (not surprised at his vote, but surprised he HAD a vote)
Wyshynski of ESPN. (who?)

http://edmontonjournal.com/sports/hockey/nhl/cult-of-hockey/ hart-trophy-voting-they-loved-connor-mcdavid-they-loved-him- not?video_autoplay=true

[Updated on: Thu, 21 June 2018 21:56]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: McDavid captures Ted Lindsay Award [message #716071 is a reply to message #715948 ]
Fri, 22 June 2018 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
overdue  is currently offline overdue

No Cups

The condition for being a candidate for the Hart is being the player that is most valuable to their team by which it should be no contest that Conner is in the running. He won the scoring title on a poor team which increases his value in my opinion. Too bad but I agree with other posters that the Lindsay voting has much more credibility coming from the players who are on the ice with him. Didn't mind seeing Hall win the Hart but he's not the most valuable player in the league by a long shot.

Re: McDavid captures Ted Lindsay Award [message #716072 is a reply to message #716071 ]
Fri, 22 June 2018 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

No Cups

Hart gets way more press than the Lindsay ever does but in reality the award chosen by the players has a lot more relevance. Media guys want to make everything about them (See: Jones, Terry). Every year there's all the B.S. about what "most valuable" means. Same in the CFL where it's Most Outstanding Player and they debate the definition of "outstanding".

Delete the Hart trophy (or rename the Lindsay one because who is Ted Lindsay?) and just define it "best".

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: McDavid captures Ted Lindsay Award [message #716073 is a reply to message #716072 ]
Fri, 22 June 2018 12:12 Go to previous message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Fri, 22 June 2018 12:06

Hart gets way more press than the Lindsay ever does but in reality the award chosen by the players has a lot more relevance. Media guys want to make everything about them (See: Jones, Terry). Every year there's all the B.S. about what "most valuable" means. Same in the CFL where it's Most Outstanding Player and they debate the definition of "outstanding".

Delete the Hart trophy (or rename the Lindsay one because who is Ted Lindsay?) and just define it "best".

Well, what does best mean? The best player or the best player for his team? I think the NHL digs the controversy because it gives the media something to talk about, which means the media is talking about the NHL.

Peter Chiarelli, General Disappointment.

Drink wine, fall faster, and fly. Fly, baby, fly.

Previous Topic:Oilers select 6th rd (#164) - Michael Kesselring
Next Topic:If Chia fails, then who?
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2018.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca