This day on March 28
None

Happy Birthday To: miker0x, GuyF, bigmike, graveyardshift, bluemiler, jrrd, Bobfromengland

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Oilers Sign Ty RattiePages (2): [ «  <  1  2]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: Oilers Sign Ty Rattie [message #713527 is a reply to message #713526 ]
Mon, 16 April 2018 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Goose  is currently offline Goose

1 Cup

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 16 April 2018 10:32

Adam wrote on Mon, 16 April 2018 11:25

CrusaderPi wrote on Mon, 16 April 2018 10:53

CrudeRemarks wrote on Mon, 16 April 2018 10:53

Have we missed the playoffs next year yet?

Yup.

2020 doesn't look good either.

Curious how the master plan looks that gets us the Cup in 5 years as Chia told season ticket holders.

2019 - scrape in to playoffs...maybe? Get brushed aside
2020 - win one round. We're back to where we were last year.
2021 - win two rounds. Lose in the conference finals. Final 4 ain't bad, right?
2023 - win three rounds, lose in Finals.
2024 - We are the Champions!

Seems...very linear.

Wha? The 5 year plan starts now? I thought we are entering year 4 of his 5 year plan. He sold an 8 year plan to Nicholson when he was hired?

No, it's the original 5 year plan, just shifted to year 4 due to the players failing to execute. Totally not his fault and nothing he could have done to prevent it.

Oilers Goal Differential
17/18: 234 GF / 263 GA (-29)
18/19: 232 GF / 274 GA (-42)
19/20 (82 game pace): 257 GF / 254 GA (+3) in 64 games
2021 (82 game pace):269 GF / 235 GA (+34) after 38 games

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Oilers Sign Ty Rattie [message #713530 is a reply to message #713527 ]
Mon, 16 April 2018 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Goose wrote on Mon, 16 April 2018 11:40

Yup.

Curious how the master plan looks that gets us the Cup in 5 years as Chia told season ticket holders.

Seems...very linear.

Wha? The 5 year plan starts now? I thought we are entering year 4 of his 5 year plan. He sold an 8 year plan to Nicholson when he was hired?

No, it's the original 5 year plan, just shifted to year 4 due to the players failing to execute. Totally not his fault and nothing he could have done to prevent it.

Implying there was ever a plan. The plan is lie.

Although... if it is an 8 year plan they have the perfect coach for it.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Oilers Sign Ty Rattie [message #713534 is a reply to message #713530 ]
Mon, 16 April 2018 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Magnum  is currently offline Magnum

No Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Mon, 16 April 2018 11:59

Goose wrote on Mon, 16 April 2018 11:40

Yup.

Seems...very linear.

Implying there was ever a plan. The plan is lie.

Although... if it is an 8 year plan they have the perfect coach for it.

Wrong! The plan was/is:

Draft McDavid, win all the games!

2015/2016 - This Kool-Aid tastes like McDavid flavoured Drain-O.
2016/2017 - This Kool-Aid is starting to taste like juice.
2017/2018 - I'm drinking this Kool-Aid, in hopes that it's Drain-O.
2018/2019 - Another round of Drain-O, good sir!

Re: Oilers Sign Ty Rattie [message #713536 is a reply to message #713526 ]
Mon, 16 April 2018 13:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 16 April 2018 11:32

Yup.

Seems...very linear.

Yes - that's what people were saying a couple months back. There was a season ticket holder's availability and Chiarelli told people that he saw the Oilers being Cup Champs in 5 years.

He's a patient man, that Pete. Why rush to get to the Championship? Can you imagine what expectations that would create if the team actually won a Cup? It could be crushing on all of them. Much better to take small, slow steps...and occasionally huge steps backwards.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Oilers Sign Ty Rattie [message #713533 is a reply to message #697128 ]
Mon, 16 April 2018 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mightyreasoner  is currently offline mightyreasoner

No Cups

What is Drake Cagguila's qualifying offer? I have a bit of a problem with him at 1.5M.

Oilers are already (reportedly) losing Slepyshev, so losing both chips away at some already shaky depth. But that said, Cagguila at 1.5 and Kassian at 2 is far too much for fourth line wingers... and that's all they are.

I take a little bit of an issue with the fancy stats crowd that says the Cagguila isn't an NHLer, but Slepyshev is a top-6 winger. I see them both similarly, although it could be argued Cagguila has gotten greater opportunity (and took more advantage of his opportunity).

Cagguila is an NHLer, but a fourth liner, and while he is great at under a million, I don't love the thought of him at 1.5 and that much money going to him. I might not budge much off the QO if I'm Chiarelli.

Re: Oilers Sign Ty Rattie [message #713535 is a reply to message #713533 ]
Mon, 16 April 2018 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

mightyreasoner wrote on Mon, 16 April 2018 12:55

What is Drake Cagguila's qualifying offer? I have a bit of a problem with him at 1.5M.

Oilers are already (reportedly) losing Slepyshev, so losing both chips away at some already shaky depth. But that said, Cagguila at 1.5 and Kassian at 2 is far too much for fourth line wingers... and that's all they are.

I take a little bit of an issue with the fancy stats crowd that says the Cagguila isn't an NHLer, but Slepyshev is a top-6 winger. I see them both similarly, although it could be argued Cagguila has gotten greater opportunity (and took more advantage of his opportunity).

Cagguila is an NHLer, but a fourth liner, and while he is great at under a million, I don't love the thought of him at 1.5 and that much money going to him. I might not budge much off the QO if I'm Chiarelli.

Want to bet another drink on the over/under for this contract?

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55

Re: Oilers Sign Ty Rattie [message #713539 is a reply to message #713535 ]
Mon, 16 April 2018 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 16 April 2018 13:42

I think he's over, for what it's worth. Which doesn't interest me.

Things Cagguila has going for him with Chia;

Is a Chia signing and came from the College ranks. Scored 13 goals last season, not bad for a 3rd/4th liner. Plays bigger than he is.

Things that work against him;
Isn't an option for special teams. Not overly quick. *SPECULATION* Perhaps not the best team guy, based on his twitter like of a negative Puljujarvi post.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Oilers Sign Ty Rattie [message #713542 is a reply to message #713539 ]
Mon, 16 April 2018 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

OilMJMOil wrote on Mon, 16 April 2018 14:00

Is a Chia signing and came from the College ranks. Scored 13 goals last season, not bad for a 3rd/4th liner. Plays bigger than he is.

Isn't an option for special teams. Not overly quick. *SPECULATION* Perhaps not the best team guy, based on his twitter like of a negative Puljujarvi post.

I thought that post was more negative on the coaching decisions than it was on Puljujarvi...although he did benefit from those decisions, getting WAAAAY more first PP unit time than #98, and 17 more PP minutes (65-48) overall.

Re: Oilers Sign Ty Rattie [message #713544 is a reply to message #713542 ]
Mon, 16 April 2018 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 16 April 2018 14:26

OilMJMOil wrote on Mon, 16 April 2018 14:00

I thought that post was more negative on the coaching decisions than it was on Puljujarvi...although he did benefit from those decisions, getting WAAAAY more first PP unit time than #98, and 17 more PP minutes (65-48) overall.

That could be, I took it as Puljujarvi dislike. Either way, I think Drake is what he is and anything over 1.5M is an overpayment.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Oilers Sign Ty Rattie [message #713546 is a reply to message #713535 ]
Mon, 16 April 2018 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mightyreasoner  is currently offline mightyreasoner

No Cups

To be honest, I would bet the over, but If I'm managing the team, I wouldn't pay him that.

Re: Oilers Sign Ty Rattie [message #713537 is a reply to message #713533 ]
Mon, 16 April 2018 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

$874,125 per CapFriendly
https://www.capfriendly.com/qualifying-offer-calculator/drak e-caggiula

Caggiula at his QO, good for depth.

To qualify Strome, we're looking at 3mil. Perhaps Chia could do what he did with Kassian last year, and negotiate a lower salary for maybe a shorter contract.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]  
Previous Topic:Scouting Staff Change Up
Next Topic:Dave Tippett to be named head coach of the Oilers
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca