This day on January 19
None

Happy Birthday To: polarbear, Mr_Huynh, ronster, Da_Real_Huynh, ProngerFTW, harveyfan, Unihockeypolska, Backstop69, Dextreme, bogz

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Speculation » Draisaitl
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Draisaitl [message #702850]
Sat, 18 November 2017 09:43 Go to next message
Dragon_Matt  is currently offline Dragon_Matt

No Cups

I'm not saying we should, by any stretch, but what would it take to move Draistaitl out of Edmonton? Not a typical Chia trade, where we only get Matt Dumba back, but a real one.

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Draisaitl [message #702852 is a reply to message #702850 ]
Sat, 18 November 2017 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Dragon_Matt wrote on Sat, 18 November 2017 09:43

I'm not saying we should, by any stretch, but what would it take to move Draistaitl out of Edmonton? Not a typical Chia trade, where we only get Matt Dumba back, but a real one.

I don't want to contemplate this because it's unlikely we win a trade like that and I think the GM has a horrendous record for making these kinds of deals and losing horribly on them.

"This team needs an enema!"
#FireLowe #FireMacT #FireHowson #FireBuchberger #FireHowsonAgain #FireChiarelli #FireMcLellan #FireBobbyNicks

Re: Draisaitl [message #702854 is a reply to message #702852 ]
Sat, 18 November 2017 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55 is currently online Kr55

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Sat, 18 November 2017 11:34

I don't want to contemplate this because it's unlikely we win a trade like that and I think the GM has a horrendous record for making these kinds of deals and losing horribly on them.

Treenasoil tweeted that Chia has been told he's not allowed to trade RNH.

One rumor I really hope is true. Chia should not be allowed to trade any more of our home grown higher end skill guys (Nuge and Klef specifically if we're talking realistic possibilities, and obvious Drai if we're imagining Chia totally freaking out). Firstly because he's done that enough. Secondly because he is simply not good at big trades and our pro scouting clearly has not improved.

[Updated on: Sat, 18 November 2017 11:56]

"The Edmonton Oilers are not where they should be right now and that is unacceptable. We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

"Next year (15/16) I would forecast as another developmental year"
- #2, April 2015

Re: Draisaitl [message #702868 is a reply to message #702854 ]
Sat, 18 November 2017 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Sat, 18 November 2017 10:53

Adam wrote on Sat, 18 November 2017 11:34

Treenasoil tweeted that Chia has been told he's not allowed to trade RNH.

One rumor I really hope is true. Chia should not be allowed to trade any more of our home grown higher end skill guys (Nuge and Klef specifically if we're talking realistic possibilities, and obvious Drai if we're imagining Chia totally freaking out). Firstly because he's done that enough. Secondly because he is simply not good at big trades and our pro scouting clearly has not improved.

Is Treena very active these days? was there any chatter before the Cammelarri trade??

Don't bother just found her/his twitter, it used to be private.

[Updated on: Sat, 18 November 2017 12:46]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks, K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC

Re: Draisaitl [message #703011 is a reply to message #702868 ]
Mon, 20 November 2017 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

2 Cups

I would never trade Draisaitl. The best way to construct a team in my opinion is on defense and at center. Yes right now he's not technically at center but if you watch what line he is on, he's the guy taking a lot of faceoffs so he's basically the center. Drai is going to be a point per game or close to it center for the next 10+years and given his age, he's now even done developing yet. He's only 22 and he's got just over 200 games under his belt. So he's not even close to being as good as he will be. For me to even pick up the phone, you'd have to have a guaranteed 50+ point, 25 min, right shot, decent defending dman as a starter and I would want that guy to be like 24-25 yrs old max. I don't even know if that guy exists. I don't want a 27, 28 yr old dman because I know that for the next 10+ yrs Leon is going to be a superstar. So I want a dman who I know I have at 8-10 years of being ELITE. As an example. I wouldn't take Doughty for him because he turns 28 this year. For a lot players, once they hit that 33-34, there is a drop off. For Doughty, that is in 5 years. In 5 years Leon will be 27, will be fully developed and be at his absolute PRIME. So like I said, I don't know if there is a Dman that meets me criteria.

Re: Draisaitl [message #703566 is a reply to message #703011 ]
Fri, 24 November 2017 20:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 20 November 2017 09:04

I would never trade Draisaitl. The best way to construct a team in my opinion is on defense and at center. Yes right now he's not technically at center but if you watch what line he is on, he's the guy taking a lot of faceoffs so he's basically the center. Drai is going to be a point per game or close to it center for the next 10+years and given his age, he's now even done developing yet. He's only 22 and he's got just over 200 games under his belt. So he's not even close to being as good as he will be. For me to even pick up the phone, you'd have to have a guaranteed 50+ point, 25 min, right shot, decent defending dman as a starter and I would want that guy to be like 24-25 yrs old max. I don't even know if that guy exists. I don't want a 27, 28 yr old dman because I know that for the next 10+ yrs Leon is going to be a superstar. So I want a dman who I know I have at 8-10 years of being ELITE. As an example. I wouldn't take Doughty for him because he turns 28 this year. For a lot players, once they hit that 33-34, there is a drop off. For Doughty, that is in 5 years. In 5 years Leon will be 27, will be fully developed and be at his absolute PRIME. So like I said, I don't know if there is a Dman that meets me criteria.

It goes back to the debate over the Hall trade. Hall is a game-changer, and when you move one out, one should be coming back. So if you're dealing your 2nd best player (at the time), add the piece or two to get your elite D.

Talking about Drai, I don't want him dealt either, and I don't really trust PC to make the big deal, because...has he won any recently? The fact remains though, that prior to Hall being moved, Eberle being moved, the Oilers needed that #1 blueliner that could anchor the top pair, move the puck, run the PP, kill penalties, log 28 minutes. Those guys are gone, and the Oilers STILL need that guy. Those guys are available, they've moved recently. I would rather have seen something added to Hall to get the guy you really need. Now the ranks are pretty thin, they've heavily invested in Draisatl and they're never going to get the D they really needed. Pretty sad.

Re: Draisaitl [message #703630 is a reply to message #703566 ]
Sat, 25 November 2017 17:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

3 Cups

K.McC#24 wrote on Fri, 24 November 2017 23:31

they're never going to get the D they really needed. Pretty sad.

Huh? What the hell are you talking about? That guy (Dahlin) is coming in 7 months. All part of the plan.

Re: Draisaitl [message #703635 is a reply to message #703566 ]
Sat, 25 November 2017 21:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

K.McC#24 wrote on Fri, 24 November 2017 20:31

It goes back to the debate over the Hall trade. Hall is a game-changer, and when you move one out, one should be coming back. So if you're dealing your 2nd best player (at the time), add the piece or two to get your elite D.

Talking about Drai, I don't want him dealt either, and I don't really trust PC to make the big deal, because...has he won any recently? The fact remains though, that prior to Hall being moved, Eberle being moved, the Oilers needed that #1 blueliner that could anchor the top pair, move the puck, run the PP, kill penalties, log 28 minutes. Those guys are gone, and the Oilers STILL need that guy. Those guys are available, they've moved recently. I would rather have seen something added to Hall to get the guy you really need. Now the ranks are pretty thin, they've heavily invested in Draisatl and they're never going to get the D they really needed. Pretty sad.

Here's my worry. It's bleak in Oilers-ville and the pressure on Chiarelli's gone from very little to a full boil very quickly. He is going to be desperate to save his job if this continues because he's not a true Old Boy, and he might get shoved under the bus...

So what are his options? Fire the coach or make a trade. If there is a feeling within the organization that he's ultimately to blame and the coach didn't have an adequate lineup, then he may not be allowed to let McLellan go, so who can he trade?

There's not a lot of Oilers with a lot of value right now...not enough to make a real splash...but Nugent-Hopkins is playing well, and Draisaitl is quietly a point a game player still... Nurse has real value, but he's the team's favourite son (other than Connor). So I'm scared of his next move. He is likely to lose any trade he makes including #93 and #29 because A) he sucks at this part of the job and B) everyone is going to smell his desperation...

That rumour out of Boston has me worried...

#FireLowe #FireMacT #FireHowson #FireBuchberger #FireHowsonAgain #FireChiarelli #FireMcLellan #FireBobbyNicks

Re: Draisaitl [message #703639 is a reply to message #703635 ]
Sat, 25 November 2017 22:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

5 Cups

Adam wrote on Sat, 25 November 2017 21:20

Which rumor?

Peter Chiarelli, General Disappointment.

Re: Draisaitl [message #703646 is a reply to message #703639 ]
Sun, 26 November 2017 02:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Sat, 25 November 2017 22:10

Which rumor?

This one, from a Bruins beat reporter:

Quote:

Jimmy Murphy @MurphysLaw74
Nov 24
Hearing lots of chatter that Edmonton Oilers & NHLBruins have had (and I stress!), EXPLORATORY talks regarding C Ryan Nugent-Hopkins. Asked a trusted source on this & he confirmed. Apparently Oilers are interested in B's rookies Danton Heinen & Peter Cehlarik.

Re: Draisaitl [message #703652 is a reply to message #703646 ]
Sun, 26 November 2017 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Sun, 26 November 2017 02:47

Which rumor?

Quote:

Nov 24
Hearing lots of chatter that Edmonton Oilers & NHLBruins have had (and I stress!), EXPLORATORY talks regarding C Ryan Nugent-Hopkins. Asked a trusted source on this & he confirmed. Apparently Oilers are interested in B's rookies Danton Heinen & Peter Cehlarik.

He forgot #rebuild #developmentyear.

Actually, the Bruins have no cap space at all, so I assume the rookies would come with Chara. Cancel the hashtags, we’re going for it all.

"The Edmonton Oilers are not where they should be right now and that is unacceptable. We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Draisaitl [message #703660 is a reply to message #703646 ]
Sun, 26 November 2017 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

1 Cup

Adam wrote on Sun, 26 November 2017 03:47

Which rumor?

Quote:

Nov 24

Admittedly I have no idea about those two guys. That said;
It would be oh so Oilers to trade RNH for those two. Those rookies are 22, RNH is 24.
I can see the headlines now, "Oilers lose patience waiting for former first overall to develop into impact player"
"Oilers trade for two young prospects and save 5 million in cap space"

Re: Draisaitl [message #703662 is a reply to message #703646 ]
Sun, 26 November 2017 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

5 Cups

Adam wrote on Sun, 26 November 2017 02:47

Which rumor?

Quote:

Nov 24

Oh god.

Peter Chiarelli, General Disappointment.

Re: Draisaitl [message #703663 is a reply to message #703011 ]
Sun, 26 November 2017 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

I know you think I seek out your posts but it's actually the opposite. I ignore most and only reply to the absolute worst, like this one as it is so full ridiculous information that directly contradicts your other posts.

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 20 November 2017 10:04

The best way to construct a team in my opinion is on defense and at center. Yes right now he's not technically at center but if you watch what line he is on, he's the guy taking a lot of faceoffs so he's basically the center.

Taking the faceoff is about 5% of playing center, the responsibility in all three zones is the other 95%, especially the defensive zone. As you like to say, that isnt opinion, that is fact. As that applies Drai is 95% winger right now. That doesnt mean he wont be a darn good center one day but right now he sure isnt.

In 5 years Leon will be 27, will be fully developed and be at his absolute PRIME.

So 27 is absolute PRIME, yet Eberle is past his prime and had no chance of bouncing back from what you chose to define as terrible year? I will give you one guess how old he is.

you'd have to have a guaranteed 50+ point, 25 min, right shot, decent defending dman as a starter and I would want that guy to be like 24-25 yrs old max.

You accuse people of overvaluing Hall, Eberle yet you think one of the rarest of NHL players is what you would need to trade Draisaitl? Ok then

I know that for the next 10+ yrs Leon is going to be a superstar.

I think you should be GM if you know this. I hope he is. I think he had a really good year playing WING with McDavid and was a beast in the playoffs playing mostly center. This year he has been good but far from superstar.

Now I am sure this will fall into the "PlusOne doesnt think RDOF can have an opinion" retort but that would also be incorrect.
I have no problem with others opinions but at least apply them consistently. You cant use the same things to sing the praises of Draisaitl that you used to slam Eberle or Hall.

Re: Draisaitl [message #703807 is a reply to message #703663 ]
Mon, 27 November 2017 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

PlusOne wrote on Sun, 26 November 2017 09:58

I know you think I seek out your posts but it's actually the opposite. I ignore most and only reply to the absolute worst, like this one as it is so full ridiculous information that directly contradicts your other posts.

The best way to construct a team in my opinion is on defense and at center. Yes right now he's not technically at center but if you watch what line he is on, he's the guy taking a lot of faceoffs so he's basically the center.

Taking the faceoff is about 5% of playing center, the responsibility in all three zones is the other 95%, especially the defensive zone. As you like to say, that isnt opinion, that is fact. As that applies Drai is 95% winger right now. That doesnt mean he wont be a darn good center one day but right now he sure isnt.

In 5 years Leon will be 27, will be fully developed and be at his absolute PRIME.

So 27 is absolute PRIME, yet Eberle is past his prime and had no chance of bouncing back from what you chose to define as terrible year? I will give you one guess how old he is.

you'd have to have a guaranteed 50+ point, 25 min, right shot, decent defending dman as a starter and I would want that guy to be like 24-25 yrs old max.

You accuse people of overvaluing Hall, Eberle yet you think one of the rarest of NHL players is what you would need to trade Draisaitl? Ok then

I think you should be GM if you know this. I hope he is. I think he had a really good year playing WING with McDavid and was a beast in the playoffs playing mostly center. This year he has been good but far from superstar.

Now I am sure this will fall into the "PlusOne doesnt think RDOF can have an opinion" retort but that would also be incorrect.
I have no problem with others opinions but at least apply them consistently. You cant use the same things to sing the praises of Draisaitl that you used to slam Eberle or Hall.

Oh wow. Plusone dissecting another one of my posts to give him the opportunity to insult and disrespect me again. Gee, I didn't see this one coming.

Have a nice day. icon_thumbsup

Re: Draisaitl [message #703813 is a reply to message #703807 ]
Mon, 27 November 2017 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PoolParty  is currently offline PoolParty

No Cups

PlusOne isnt wrong.

Re: Draisaitl [message #703822 is a reply to message #703813 ]
Mon, 27 November 2017 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

PoolParty wrote on Mon, 27 November 2017 09:56

PlusOne isnt wrong.

That gives me the warm fuzzies. Thanks PoolParty! icon_biggrin

Re: Draisaitl [message #703817 is a reply to message #703807 ]
Mon, 27 November 2017 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 27 November 2017 09:16

Oh wow. Plusone dissecting another one of my posts to give him the opportunity to insult and disrespect me again. Gee, I didn't see this one coming.

You are oh so predicable.
RDOF makes ridiculous statements that add nothing to the collective intelligence that is Oilfans.
then once he is called out on it, takes his ball and hoes home to stroke his own fragile ego.

My nine year old daughter does the same thing. But she ends discussions with "Whatever Dad" then rolls her eyes.

You have a lot of opinions, great, we love that here, but for the love of whatever ghost you pray to, stop being a crybaby if you are challenged on them.

Do you have no response to the case I posed to you as to the double standard you seem to have in your analysis of certain players?
I was very clear in the hypocritical nature of your analysis so please, tell me why one 27 year old is in his prime and one is declining?
Tell me how Draisaitl, who is bringing roughly the same or less, than either Hall or Eberle were bringing, is worth a diamond of an NHL Dman, but those of us that wanted more for Hall and Ebs were insane.

Defend your opinion or crawl into a hole, your call, but if you want respect for your opinions here then earn it.

Re: Draisaitl [message #703818 is a reply to message #703817 ]
Mon, 27 November 2017 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

PlusOne wrote on Mon, 27 November 2017 09:43

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 27 November 2017 09:16

You are oh so predicable.
RDOF makes ridiculous statements that add nothing to the collective intelligence that is Oilfans.
then once he is called out on it, takes his ball and hoes home to stroke his own fragile ego.

My nine year old daughter does the same thing. But she ends discussions with "Whatever Dad" then rolls her eyes.

You have a lot of opinions, great, we love that here, but for the love of whatever ghost you pray to, stop being a crybaby if you are challenged on them.

Do you have no response to the case I posed to you as to the double standard you seem to have in your analysis of certain players?
I was very clear in the hypocritical nature of your analysis so please, tell me why one 27 year old is in his prime and one is declining?
Tell me how Draisaitl, who is bringing roughly the same or less, than either Hall or Eberle were bringing, is worth a diamond of an NHL Dman, but those of us that wanted more for Hall and Ebs were insane.

Defend your opinion or crawl into a hole, your call, but if you want respect for your opinions here then earn it.

Thanks for the insults. Have a great day.

Re: Draisaitl [message #703820 is a reply to message #703818 ]
Mon, 27 November 2017 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 27 November 2017 10:49

Predictable as always. If asking you to intelligently discuss your views on hockey is insulting that is unfortunate.
I would offer to agree with everything you say from now on, just to make life more pleasant for you, but then two of us would be wrong.

Re: Draisaitl [message #703825 is a reply to message #703820 ]
Mon, 27 November 2017 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

PlusOne wrote on Mon, 27 November 2017 10:01

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 27 November 2017 10:49

Predictable as always. If asking you to intelligently discuss your views on hockey is insulting that is unfortunate.
I would offer to agree with everything you say from now on, just to make life more pleasant for you, but then two of us would be wrong.

So you get upset that I won't have what you call an intelligent discussion when you start off a post with. "I ignore most and only reply to the absolute worst, like this one as it is so full ridiculous information that directly contradicts your other posts." Then you follow it up by telling me that what I say is ridiculous, that I have a fragile ego and you compare me to a child.

Tell you what. Since apparently you are the intelligent, level headed adult and I am the stupid, ridiculous, don't know what I am talking about child. As the apparent adult, listen to someone talking on the street or at work or even in your home with your wife. Walk up to that person and say "normally I ignore most of what you say because it's ridiculous, stupid and wrong and I think you are a child but ...." I would be curious to know how that person reacts when you start things off by insulting them, insinuating they are less than intelligent and calling a grown adult a child. I wonder how "intelligent" that conversation will be after you go out of their way to disrespect that person right off the hop. You said that respect in here has to be "earned". Great. Well most decent human beings don't walk up to a stranger and immediately disrespect them like you do to me on an almost daily basis.

So go ahead and call me whatever derogatory name or phrase you want because quite frankly, I really don't care. I am not going to engage with an internet tough guy who enjoys insulting complete strangers behind the safety of his computer screen.

[Updated on: Mon, 27 November 2017 10:21]

Re: Draisaitl [message #703826 is a reply to message #703825 ]
Mon, 27 November 2017 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MJ  is currently offline MJ

1 Cup

Enough from both of you. Take it to your private messages if you must, this sub-thread adds nothing for the rest of us but cheap entertainment. And I'm trying REALLY hard not to take a side here with my moderator hat on.

Re: Draisaitl [message #703835 is a reply to message #703826 ]
Mon, 27 November 2017 11:24 Go to previous message

1 Cup

MJ wrote on Mon, 27 November 2017 11:26

Enough from both of you. Take it to your private messages if you must, this sub-thread adds nothing for the rest of us but cheap entertainment. And I'm trying REALLY hard not to take a side here with my moderator hat on.

Fair enough. I'll move on.

Re: Draisaitl [message #703792 is a reply to message #702850 ]
Sun, 26 November 2017 20:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Now if we really want to continue this GM/coach on different pages theme. It would be really good timing to trade Nuge now after we finally try McDavid/Drai/Nuge on different lines and it worked out positively.

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Previous Topic:Salary Cap Projection for 2018-19
Next Topic:Oilers looking to move on from Jokinen. Already.
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2018.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca