This day on January 19
None

Happy Birthday To: polarbear, Mr_Huynh, ronster, Da_Real_Huynh, ProngerFTW, harveyfan, Unihockeypolska, Backstop69, Dextreme, bogz

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Speculation » Oilers looking to move on from Jokinen. Already.
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Oilers looking to move on from Jokinen. Already. [message #701258]
Mon, 30 October 2017 18:49 Go to next message
Goose is currently online Goose

1 Cup

This is not a good look. Will trading Strome or Jokinen at this point really solve any of the team's problems? Heck, trade them both, throw in Caggiula and Slepyshev and you might get a random 3rd liner back.

Quote:

Jussi Jokinen is among the players the struggling Edmonton Oilers are willing to move, Sportsnet has learned.

Sources say that rival teams recently received a note from the Oilers gauging interest in the 34-year-old forward.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/struggling-oilers-gauging -interest-around-league-jussi-jokinen/sn-amp/

Wins in a row the Oilers need to get to playoff pace: 16
games!!

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Oilers looking to move on from Jokinen. Already. [message #701261 is a reply to message #701258 ]
Mon, 30 October 2017 19:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mightyreasoner  is currently offline mightyreasoner

2 Cups

Almost like they undersold on all the chips that could bring back value.

Re: Oilers looking to move on from Jokinen. Already. [message #701262 is a reply to message #701258 ]
Mon, 30 October 2017 19:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smyth260  is currently offline smyth260

1 Cup

Management strategy is really coming through. Wait until your asset is struggling, blame it on their own play, and trade it for pennies on the dollar.

We need management and a coaching staff who can ask the bigger question, "Is it something WE are doing?"

Literally every winger not named Maroon and Draisaitl is struggling under McLellan right now. Last year Pouliot, Eberle, and Lucic (5v5) all had career lows. The problem isn't Jokinen or Strome. It is a symptom of the real problem. Identifying talent and/or systems play.

When Peter Chiarelli is fired, Kevin Lowe will be involved in finding a replacement. Fire them all. Bring us REAL change.

Re: Oilers looking to move on from Jokinen. Already. [message #701264 is a reply to message #701258 ]
Mon, 30 October 2017 20:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vsove  is currently offline vsove

1 Cup

I'm just... this team is managed by a consortium of clowns.

No Mo' Lowe | Fire McLellan | Fire everyone.

Re: Oilers looking to move on from Jokinen. Already. [message #701271 is a reply to message #701264 ]
Mon, 30 October 2017 22:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

vsove wrote on Mon, 30 October 2017 19:06

It's almost like the OBC around has maintained a culture of ineptitude

games!!

Re: Oilers looking to move on from Jokinen. Already. [message #701276 is a reply to message #701271 ]
Tue, 31 October 2017 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

5 Cups

Goose wrote on Mon, 30 October 2017 22:47

vsove wrote on Mon, 30 October 2017 19:06

It's almost like the OBC around has maintained a culture of ineptitude

No no. They're not part of hockey ops anymore. The MSM told us so and you can trust the media.

Peter Chiarelli, General Disappointment.

Re: Oilers looking to move on from Jokinen. Already. [message #701265 is a reply to message #701258 ]
Mon, 30 October 2017 20:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55 is currently online Kr55

6 Cups

A revolving door of non-elite players after they show the worst version of themselves as Oilers. This is my McLellan nightmare. And it can be made so much worse by management that helps diminish the returns even more than necessary every time a swap is made.

[Updated on: Mon, 30 October 2017 20:27]

"The Edmonton Oilers are not where they should be right now and that is unacceptable. We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

"Next year (15/16) I would forecast as another developmental year"
- #2, April 2015

Re: Oilers looking to move on from Jokinen. Already. [message #701266 is a reply to message #701258 ]
Mon, 30 October 2017 21:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Mark Spector‏ @SportsnetSpec
So, Oilers shopping Jokinen, Slepyshev, and open to offers elsewhere.
Problem: Not many useful players on the market this time of year.

Our 2nd line RW (per off-season pencilling) on the market too. I think Bobby Nick's is the one that can save us. Hopefully he doesn't get moved to be a payoff guy for Katz in Hollywood or something.

[Updated on: Mon, 30 October 2017 21:53]

"The Edmonton Oilers are not where they should be right now and that is unacceptable. We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Oilers looking to move on from Jokinen. Already. [message #701272 is a reply to message #701258 ]
Mon, 30 October 2017 23:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

I doubt Chialrelli is leaking this stuff, I'd find out who they are and fire them.

Not that the fact Jokinen, Strome, or Slepychev's performances this year are any big mystery to the other teams. Everyone knows they've underperformed, nothing to leak.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks, K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC

Re: Oilers looking to move on from Jokinen. Already. [message #701279 is a reply to message #701272 ]
Tue, 31 October 2017 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OilMJMOil  is currently offline OilMJMOil

No Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Mon, 30 October 2017 23:06

I doubt Chialrelli is leaking this stuff, I'd find out who they are and fire them.

Sportsnet reported that rival teams sources have made this public... tough to fire employees that aren't in your payroll.

"When we"ve got the puck, they can"t score."
~Paul Coffey

"Put the kids in with a few old pappy guys who still like to win and the combination is unbeatable."
~Conn Smythe

Re: Oilers looking to move on from Jokinen. Already. [message #701282 is a reply to message #701279 ]
Tue, 31 October 2017 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

OilMJMOil wrote on Tue, 31 October 2017 08:36

Skookum Jim wrote on Mon, 30 October 2017 23:06

Sportsnet reported that rival teams sources have made this public... tough to fire employees that aren't in your payroll.

A) Given that it's Mark Spector, I don't believe it's coming from other teams. He's too lazy to develop contacts outside of Edmonton.

B) If it is, the Oilers should know who they've had discussions with and they should have significant ammunition if someone is lobbing grenades at the Oilers through the media. If it's likely one team or another, then leak something of your own suggesting that they're looking at moving some key player. Even if it isn't true, it sends a message.

The problem is, it always turns out that the leak was the Oilers. No one leaks like the Oilers. Our brain trust believes that the fans need to know they're working, and how better than to suggest that trades are being discussed? You can't talk about other team's players, so why not tell everyone who you've offered up to other teams?

I'm not sure what the point of all this is. Jokinen was a free agent, so if anyone wanted him, they could have tried to sign him to a similar deal in the summer. He was signed on July 7th, so there was plenty time for anyone else to put something forward. No one is likely to pay us a huge price to get him now - and if we're selling all these forwards because they have no production through 10 games, what precisely do the Oilers think they'll get for them??? We can't afford to downgrade any further. Do the Oilers just want to sign Chris Kelly that badly?

"This team needs an enema!"
#FireLowe #FireMacT #FireHowson #FireBuchberger #FireHowsonAgain #FireChiarelli #FireMcLellan #FireBobbyNicks

Re: Oilers looking to move on from Jokinen. Already. [message #701275 is a reply to message #701258 ]
Tue, 31 October 2017 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mullet  is currently offline Mullet

No Cups

So what then they free up money for iggy and kelly to become slower .

WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may create the illusion that you are tougher, smarter, faster and better looking than most people.

Re: Oilers looking to move on from Jokinen. Already. [message #701277 is a reply to message #701275 ]
Tue, 31 October 2017 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

2 Cups

If a trade were to happen with Jokinen, I don't see it as an issue or something that any fan should get bent out of shape over. He was signed as a dirt cheap, vet, depth guy to a 1 yr deal. Lot's of teams take flyers on guys. They sign them to short contracts, they sign them to PTO's and give them a deal after training camp in the hopes that maybe they can hit a homerun with them. Some guys work out, others don't. Happens every year. I don't get why its OK for other teams to do but when the Oilers do it, it's a horrible move that doesn't look good.

Re: Oilers looking to move on from Jokinen. Already. [message #701286 is a reply to message #701277 ]
Tue, 31 October 2017 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

RDOilerfan wrote on Tue, 31 October 2017 07:11

If a trade were to happen with Jokinen, I don't see it as an issue or something that any fan should get bent out of shape over. He was signed as a dirt cheap, vet, depth guy to a 1 yr deal. Lot's of teams take flyers on guys. They sign them to short contracts, they sign them to PTO's and give them a deal after training camp in the hopes that maybe they can hit a homerun with them. Some guys work out, others don't. Happens every year. I don't get why its OK for other teams to do but when the Oilers do it, it's a horrible move that doesn't look good.

It's not that the move is horrible, Jokinen basically hasn't added a whole lot so far. It's that by telegraphing this move to the world (as well as the Strome and Slep rumours), the team looks like they're in panic mode. And it's dumb. As Adam pointed out already, every team had the opportunity to sign Jokinen a few months ago. The best deal he could get was for $1.1Mx1 year. And he hasn't exactly been off to a hot start. There is no team that is going to give them anything remotely useful for Jokinen right now. Why would they?

If they can get someone to take him for anything at this point, sure, go ahead. I just don't want to hear about it until it happens.

But this is Oilers 101. Use smoke and mirrors to convince the fanbase that you're working so hard to make the team better, blame the players, and deflect attention away from the fact that the team had serious, obvious holes (in some cases caused by moves the team made), and management did exactly nothing to fill them.

games!!

Re: Oilers looking to move on from Jokinen. Already. [message #701290 is a reply to message #701286 ]
Tue, 31 October 2017 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

1 Cup

Goose wrote on Tue, 31 October 2017 09:49

But this is Oilers 101. Use smoke and mirrors to convince the fanbase that you're working so hard to make the team better, blame the players, and deflect attention away from the fact that the team had serious, obvious holes (in some cases caused by moves the team made), and management did exactly nothing to fill them.

This is what annoys me the most.
They are like politicians. When there is a huge issue, that is obvious to everyone, they throw something smaller into the mix in hopes that everyone will ignore the bigger issues.

Trading for Strome and signing Jokinen only to have them be the trade rumor scapegoats ten games in is bush league. It trying to push the blame and ineptitude of management to "under-performing" players.
Strome and Jokinen are exactly what they were expected to be but management would have us believe they were the solution and now that they arent it is the players problem and not the managements lack of foresight or talent assessment.

Re: Oilers looking to move on from Jokinen. Already. [message #701292 is a reply to message #701290 ]
Tue, 31 October 2017 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

PlusOne wrote on Tue, 31 October 2017 09:29

Strome and Jokinen are exactly what they were expected to be but management would have us believe they were the solution and now that they arent it is the players problem and not the managements lack of foresight or talent assessment.

Exactly. Strome has 4 points in 10 games, on pace for 33 points. This is what he is, it's not his fault.

games!!

Re: Oilers looking to move on from Jokinen. Already. [message #701291 is a reply to message #701286 ]
Tue, 31 October 2017 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Goose wrote on Tue, 31 October 2017 09:49

RDOilerfan wrote on Tue, 31 October 2017 07:11

It's not that the move is horrible, Jokinen basically hasn't added a whole lot so far. It's that by telegraphing this move to the world (as well as the Strome and Slep rumours), the team looks like they're in panic mode. And it's dumb. As Adam pointed out already, every team had the opportunity to sign Jokinen a few months ago. The best deal he could get was for $1.1Mx1 year. And he hasn't exactly been off to a hot start. There is no team that is going to give them anything remotely useful for Jokinen right now. Why would they?

If they can get someone to take him for anything at this point, sure, go ahead. I just don't want to hear about it until it happens.

When do teams usually make the majority of their offseason moves? June, July, August right? That's when you see the most trades and signings happens. So why would a team maybe trade for say Jokinen now when they could have signed him 4 or 5 months ago?
- Lot's of teams just like the Oilers look at their roster and rightly or wrongly say they have enough depth in a position or they want to give a spot to a young guy. So they don't bring in a Jokinen. Then as an example when a Puljujarvi who was expected to take a spot isn't quite ready, they need a guy.
- Injuries happen. I am not saying they would trade for him or can afford him cap wise. But as an example the Wild in October lost Parise to back surgery and both Coyle and Niederreiter in one game. All 3 are top 6 guys, all are out for extended periods of time.
- Maybe you thought your roster was better but aren't liking what you see.

Re: Oilers looking to move on from Jokinen. Already. [message #701293 is a reply to message #701291 ]
Tue, 31 October 2017 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Tue, 31 October 2017 10:30

When do teams usually make the majority of their offseason moves? June, July, August right? That's when you see the most trades and signings happens. So why would a team maybe trade for say Jokinen now when they could have signed him 4 or 5 months ago?
- Lot's of teams just like the Oilers look at their roster and rightly or wrongly say they have enough depth in a position or they want to give a spot to a young guy. So they don't bring in a Jokinen. Then as an example when a Puljujarvi who was expected to take a spot isn't quite ready, they need a guy.
- Injuries happen. I am not saying they would trade for him or can afford him cap wise. But as an example the Wild in October lost Parise to back surgery and both Coyle and Niederreiter in one game. All 3 are top 6 guys, all are out for extended periods of time.
- Maybe you thought your roster was better but aren't liking what you see.

I don't think anyone is criticizing the signing of Jokinen. It was a decent bet at a decent dollar.

I think it is odd that the Oilers would be looking to make a change there already. It suggests that they didn't do their due diligence on what they needed and whether the guy who they signed addressed those needs. Basically, it says what they bought wasn't what they wanted.

You could blame that on the player - I'm sure the Oilers would be happy to suggest he was out-of-shape or unprepared - but he's a long-term veteran who should know what is required. So if it's not the player, then the problem is that management pooched that signing and didn't get the right player for their need.

#FireLowe #FireMacT #FireHowson #FireBuchberger #FireHowsonAgain #FireChiarelli #FireMcLellan #FireBobbyNicks

Re: Oilers looking to move on from Jokinen. Already. [message #701288 is a reply to message #701277 ]
Tue, 31 October 2017 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Tue, 31 October 2017 08:11

What other team traded a guy 10 games into his contract?

Vancouver did it once (can't remember who), and it made the player mad and was widely criticized.

Oilers need to get very good at signing vets to one-year deals. I don't know that this would be a deal breaker, but it's not a good look and might be in the back of the mind of any vet looking to sign here next summer.

Re: Oilers looking to move on from Jokinen. Already. [message #701323 is a reply to message #701258 ]
Tue, 31 October 2017 20:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
overdue  is currently offline overdue

No Cups

So you are struggling and need a scape goat? Too early for that, won't happen.

Re: Oilers looking to move on from Jokinen. Already. [message #701325 is a reply to message #701323 ]
Tue, 31 October 2017 20:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

5 Cups

overdue wrote on Tue, 31 October 2017 20:29

It is never too early to start scapegoating. Or planting seeds of hope for 2018-19

Peter Chiarelli, General Disappointment.

Re: Oilers looking to move on from Jokinen. Already. [message #701327 is a reply to message #701325 ]
Tue, 31 October 2017 20:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Tue, 31 October 2017 20:44

It is never too early to start scapegoating. Or planting seeds of hope for 2018-19

I'm still blaming Dubnyk for everything bad that happens to me in my life, and with the Oilers.

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Oilers looking to move on from Jokinen. Already. [message #701328 is a reply to message #701327 ]
Tue, 31 October 2017 20:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Tue, 31 October 2017 20:46

CrusaderPi wrote on Tue, 31 October 2017 20:44

I'm still blaming Dubnyk for everything bad that happens to me in my life, and with the Oilers.

It's funny, I really believed firing the trainers and medical staff in 2010 was going to make all the difference.

When that didn't do it, I almost lost faith until we axed that goalie coach! Still shocked that didn't turn things around either.

You'd think in an organization where everyone is so good they don't need to even interview to get their positions (or even consider other candidates), success would be a lot less elusive!

Re: Oilers looking to move on from Jokinen. Already. [message #701395 is a reply to message #701258 ]
Wed, 01 November 2017 18:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

6 Cups

You know, I was so excited that MacT was getting the gas pipe, I likely wouldn’t have even balked at Mr Bean being hired to replace him.

Stepping back now, I still don’t think the Oilers got it right.

Limecat Logic

Re: Oilers looking to move on from Jokinen. Already. [message #701396 is a reply to message #701395 ]
Wed, 01 November 2017 18:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

g2k wrote on Wed, 01 November 2017 18:25

You know, I was so excited that MacT was getting the gas pipe, I likely wouldn’t have even balked at Mr Bean being hired to replace him.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if it was MacT leaking out stuff. He LOVES to blab everything on his mind, and in his short time as GM made a good reputation for himself of listing off every player he was not happy with and wanted to move.

[Updated on: Wed, 01 November 2017 18:31]

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Oilers looking to move on from Jokinen. Already. [message #701398 is a reply to message #701396 ]
Wed, 01 November 2017 18:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Wed, 01 November 2017 18:29

I wouldn't be at all surprised if it was MacT leaking out stuff. He LOVES to blab everything on his mind, and in his short time as GM made a good reputation for himself of listing off every player he was not happy with and wanted to move.

My gawd.

Where ever it’s coming from, it’s SOOO friggin debilitating.

Either someone is setting someone else up to fail or someone is just a plain idiot. Hmmm.

Limecat Logic

Re: Oilers looking to move on from Jokinen. Already. [message #701405 is a reply to message #701398 ]
Wed, 01 November 2017 18:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

g2k wrote on Wed, 01 November 2017 18:34

Kr55 wrote on Wed, 01 November 2017 18:29

My gawd.

Where ever it’s coming from, it’s SOOO friggin debilitating.

Either someone is setting someone else up to fail or someone is just a plain idiot. Hmmm.

Re: Oilers looking to move on from Jokinen. Already. [message #701451 is a reply to message #701258 ]
Wed, 01 November 2017 21:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Any fresh news yet after the game tonight of who management is unhappy with and is offering up to other teams?

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Oilers looking to move on from Jokinen. Already. [message #701512 is a reply to message #701451 ]
Thu, 02 November 2017 01:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fridge01  is currently offline Fridge01

No Cups

For fun ask yourself what GM would take the chance to reverse any of the recent trades they made with Oilers.

Start with Hall trade and work you way through. Add for fun which GMs would say "damn we missed out on that FA".

Then when answer is no GMs would reverse trade or regret not signing we will have very real answer of how well our management group is currently performing.

Not saying it's doomed but wow we are in a bad run.

Re: Oilers looking to move on from Jokinen. Already. [message #701516 is a reply to message #701512 ]
Thu, 02 November 2017 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Fridge01 wrote on Thu, 02 November 2017 01:26

For fun ask yourself what GM would take the chance to reverse any of the recent trades they made with Oilers.

Start with Hall trade and work you way through. Add for fun which GMs would say "damn we missed out on that FA".

Then when answer is no GMs would reverse trade or regret not signing we will have very real answer of how well our management group is currently performing.

This is along the lines of what I was thinking when I was writing the post comparing the players in and out this summer. What management group could look at that on a white board and say - "Yup, we've put this team in the best position to succeed and challenge for the Cup this year!"

And that's ignoring all the overpays and the cap challenges that are going to threaten this team and just looking at the roster they assembled and how it compares to the one that did NOT win the Cup last year.

Should we really be patient with a management team that did what they did this summer?

Re: Oilers looking to move on from Jokinen. Already. [message #701647 is a reply to message #701516 ]
Fri, 03 November 2017 19:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Thu, 02 November 2017 08:30

Fridge01 wrote on Thu, 02 November 2017 01:26

This is along the lines of what I was thinking when I was writing the post comparing the players in and out this summer. What management group could look at that on a white board and say - "Yup, we've put this team in the best position to succeed and challenge for the Cup this year!"

And that's ignoring all the overpays and the cap challenges that are going to threaten this team and just looking at the roster they assembled and how it compares to the one that did NOT win the Cup last year.

Should we really be patient with a management team that did what they did this summer?

PC is really starting to paint himself into a corner and if he keeps letting other GM’s dig their chins into his upper back it will start to beg the question, “Is Nicholson the right guy?”

Limecat Logic

Re: Oilers looking to move on from Jokinen. Already. [message #702264 is a reply to message #701647 ]
Sat, 11 November 2017 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mullet  is currently offline Mullet

No Cups

Somebody was joking Jokinen for Hemsky but I would be up for that. Can then sign Kelly for defensive role.

WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may create the illusion that you are tougher, smarter, faster and better looking than most people.

Re: Oilers looking to move on from Jokinen. Already. [message #702323 is a reply to message #701258 ]
Sat, 11 November 2017 15:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Just waive the bum and bring up Rattie.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks, K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC

Re: Oilers looking to move on from Jokinen. Already. [message #702325 is a reply to message #702323 ]
Sat, 11 November 2017 16:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Sat, 11 November 2017 15:30

Definitely got the wrong JJ.

For 900k more, you get an actual still top 6 capable forward with the other JJ.

Still waiting on our 8.5M of cap space to show up and win a game for us.

[Updated on: Sat, 11 November 2017 16:07]

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Oilers looking to move on from Jokinen. Already. [message #702327 is a reply to message #702323 ]
Sat, 11 November 2017 16:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

They really should bring up Rattie. We've got Khaira collecting dust up the pressbox, and Pakarinen who is now pointless in 13 and invisible all year... and Rattie lighting up the AHL. Might as well see if he can contribute in the NHL.

Re: Oilers looking to move on from Jokinen. Already. [message #702345 is a reply to message #702327 ]
Sun, 12 November 2017 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
clutchlikeeberle  is currently offline clutchlikeeberle

No Cups

I disagree on Pakarnin - he is hustling every shift. Hands made of brick but at least he is hustling.

Re: Oilers looking to move on from Jokinen. Already. [message #702347 is a reply to message #702345 ]
Sun, 12 November 2017 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

1 Cup

clutchlikeeberle wrote on Sun, 12 November 2017 09:11

I disagree on Pakarnin - he is hustling every shift. Hands made of brick but at least he is hustling.

Chia, is that you?

Re: Oilers looking to move on from Jokinen. Already. [message #702397 is a reply to message #702323 ]
Mon, 13 November 2017 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

I agree. I thought this was a really good, savy signing by Chia. I don't think there was very many people who didn't think it was a good signing. I know Jokinen isn't the fastest guy but I thought given he was a vet, in a bottom pairing role and given how smart a hockey player he is, I thought he'd still chip in. He is doing literally nothing. So I would absolutely call up Rattie and wave Jokinen and I actually think that another team would pick him up.

Re: Oilers looking to move on from Jokinen. Already. [message #702825 is a reply to message #701258 ]
Fri, 17 November 2017 15:51 Go to previous message

6 Cups

You know, the willingness of this org has to look classless could actually be used in useful ways. With JJ and many before, there was no point, and in many cases it actually hurt us. But, with a guy like Russell maybe it can actually help. He has minimal value regardless, but the potential to trade him is moot if we can't get him to waive the NMC. So, maybe the org can start crapping on him with leaks and make him hate being here :)

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Previous Topic:Draisaitl
Next Topic:Maroon's next contract
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2018.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca